Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,341 members, 7,822,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Thousands Of Workers Lose Jobs As Visafone Winds Down Operations - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Thousands Of Workers Lose Jobs As Visafone Winds Down Operations (31234 Views)

Unemployment Fear Grows As More Nigerians Lose Jobs / Lacasera Shuts Down Operations; Sacks All Staff / 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thousands Of Workers Lose Jobs As Visafone Winds Down Operations by arabianights: 9:42pm On Jan 05, 2016
hahn:
All I need is a refund for the modem I bought from them before they go

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i just renewed my internet subscribtion today oooooo!!!!!!
Re: Thousands Of Workers Lose Jobs As Visafone Winds Down Operations by fortune1968: 9:46pm On Jan 05, 2016
chesterlee:
This is just the Genesis by the time we get to Malachi....Even El Rufai will stone the tyrant!!!

When next una hear change...Kindly ask for the meaning!!!
who is the tyrant here ? which tyrant close starcomms ,Reltel etc .? sense please .
Re: Thousands Of Workers Lose Jobs As Visafone Winds Down Operations by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jan 05, 2016
onatisi:
This is just the beginning. After 2 years of the dullard tenure in power ,Nigerians will wish they never even knew the name buhari not to talk of voting him into power. The economy is in shambles and job losses keep mounting each passing day yet ppl are still pretending and acting as if everything is normal

I am getting tired of being a APC defender.

OK....in simples english.

Visafone was a CDMA provider. Many CDMA providers came on stream ten years ago....and one by one they went out of business due to

1.Bad business practices.Like not expanding into rural areas....while GSM companies were already moving there.

2.Government policy of regionalisng their services....while allowing GSM companies to run national. By the time govt allowed the CDMA providers to run national in 2007....it was too late.

3.MTN has bought visafone since April 2015.What has happened are the job losses that result from a typical merger. And yes...it happened before Bubu took over.

Better stop blaming Bubu for everything.

Assignment.....Read this article.

1 Like

Re: Thousands Of Workers Lose Jobs As Visafone Winds Down Operations by onatisi(m): 9:52pm On Jan 05, 2016
Kikero112:

I am getting tired of being a APC defender.

OK....in simples english.

Visafone was a CDMA provider. Many CDMA providers came on stream ten years ago....and one by one they went out of business due to

1.Bad business practices.Like not expanding into rural areas....while GSM companies were already moving there.

2.Government policy of regionalisng their services....while allowing GSM companies to run national. By the time govt allowed the CDMA providers to run national in 2007....it was too late.

3.MTN has bought visafone since April 2015.What has happened are the job losses that result from a typical merger. And yes...it happened before Bubu took over.

Better stop blaming Bubu for everything.

Assignment.....Read this article.

Re: Thousands Of Workers Lose Jobs As Visafone Winds Down Operations by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jan 05, 2016
onatisi:

So....you respond to my post with jokes?

Have a good evening....

No facts....no facts.....
Re: Thousands Of Workers Lose Jobs As Visafone Winds Down Operations by busybeei5(f): 10:07pm On Jan 05, 2016
grin those workers ought not to surprisedf
some of us were laid off last year too smiley....
Re: Thousands Of Workers Lose Jobs As Visafone Winds Down Operations by onatisi(m): 10:09pm On Jan 05, 2016
Kikero112:

So....you respond to my post with jokes?

Have a good evening....

No facts....no facts.....
what is there to say again.you have stated what happened and I agree.
Re: Thousands Of Workers Lose Jobs As Visafone Winds Down Operations by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jan 05, 2016
onatisi:
what is there to say again.you have stated what happened and I agree.

Oh I see. Sorry I misunderstood.
Re: Thousands Of Workers Lose Jobs As Visafone Winds Down Operations by oduma(m): 10:15pm On Jan 05, 2016
this has nothing to do with Buhari or APC. D economy is in trouble & d man has promised he is gonna fix it, thou i'm not a personal fan of the "Supreme Leader" lets give him a chance & lets pray for him to succeed. Nigeria belongs to us.
Re: Thousands Of Workers Lose Jobs As Visafone Winds Down Operations by ibroauthen(m): 10:15pm On Jan 05, 2016
deeswagger:

34k grin

Uppercut b dis ooo
Re: Thousands Of Workers Lose Jobs As Visafone Winds Down Operations by ibroauthen(m): 10:17pm On Jan 05, 2016
deeswagger:

34k grin

Serious uppercut b dis ooo
Re: Thousands Of Workers Lose Jobs As Visafone Winds Down Operations by pstboi: 10:25pm On Jan 05, 2016
this is what u get as an employee. After you have been used by your employers you are dump, what a pity, back to square one
Re: Thousands Of Workers Lose Jobs As Visafone Winds Down Operations by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jan 05, 2016
Last year was very bad for businesses. A lot of SMEs closed down while many others faced lay-offs. I feel bad for the Nigerian youth, these are bad times for people in the job market.
Entrepreneurship all the way, I've already started making headway. If I can do it, anyone can.
Re: Thousands Of Workers Lose Jobs As Visafone Winds Down Operations by docjuli(m): 11:10pm On Jan 05, 2016
Re: Thousands Of Workers Lose Jobs As Visafone Winds Down Operations by gmacnoms(m): 11:15pm On Jan 05, 2016
Demallcrazy:

Ole!
ya own hustle nah 360 front and back.
u sabi fry red garri?
My mum needs a hard workin competent garri fryer, been a garri crew iz an added advantage grin
wt I do?
Re: Thousands Of Workers Lose Jobs As Visafone Winds Down Operations by gmacnoms(m): 11:16pm On Jan 05, 2016
Kposkila:

Wish u d best, doe I like learn sax ooo, am in ughelli, Delta state
saxophonist full ughelli. Do u hav a sax? If yes, den based on nairaland conkt, i'll teach you. If u dnt hav, try to get one first
Re: Thousands Of Workers Lose Jobs As Visafone Winds Down Operations by deeswagger: 11:52pm On Jan 05, 2016
ibroauthen:

Serious uppercut b dis ooo

Na so, but you can send me a Whatsapp message, we could relate sha but definitely not on this.. grin
Re: Thousands Of Workers Lose Jobs As Visafone Winds Down Operations by mikolo80: 2:50am On Jan 06, 2016
deeswagger:
Visafone was sure to go down, sorry to say this but I expect people to have ported from that company but they can't, considering the fact there is no where to port to... Be like say people go fat for Naija this year dis to excess sleep and joblessness...

Dirk bukkenberg high top shoes available...
them sef why are they all incompetent, no value added, only interested in the salary.
Re: Thousands Of Workers Lose Jobs As Visafone Winds Down Operations by ifeanyi83(m): 3:26am On Jan 06, 2016
And just like their other CDMA counterparts, Visafone, which I thought was the strongest of them finally caves in. CDMA networks appeared to be the real deal back then especially with cheap international calling rates. Multilinks, Starcomms, Reltel....
Re: Thousands Of Workers Lose Jobs As Visafone Winds Down Operations by harjayi(m): 8:13am On Jan 06, 2016
eightsin:
They should have sold it instead na
who will buy a company that is running at lost, nobody only if the Govt. want to help them
Re: Thousands Of Workers Lose Jobs As Visafone Winds Down Operations by Nobody: 8:22am On Jan 06, 2016
Dainikel:
Its collapse was inevitable!
Exactly
The mumus should have come out as CDMA > wanting to create monopoly
The should have come out as open sim.
Re: Thousands Of Workers Lose Jobs As Visafone Winds Down Operations by ibroauthen(m): 8:43am On Jan 06, 2016
deeswagger:

Na so, but you can send me a Whatsapp message, we could relate sha but definitely not on this.. grin

Lol ok ooo
Re: Thousands Of Workers Lose Jobs As Visafone Winds Down Operations by hahn(m): 2:33pm On Jan 06, 2016
Henovy:

Are you serious? Engage a lawyer for 50k or put your modem in the museum. Which is better?

Lol. I guess I'll make more money selling it as an antique in 30 years time grin
Re: Thousands Of Workers Lose Jobs As Visafone Winds Down Operations by Olaone1: 4:03pm On Jan 06, 2016
hmmmm
Re: Thousands Of Workers Lose Jobs As Visafone Winds Down Operations by Akious2k2(m): 8:50pm On Jan 06, 2016
1 of d results of d rubbish left from the last administration... I heard banks will be dropping soon... Mbaka was on point when he said the last administration ate all the meat & left the bone 4 dis admin... I pray Almighty GOD sees us through.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

'I Left My Last Job Because My Boss Put His Hands On A Female Employee' - Man / Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here / Keke Napep Driver Returns N582,400 Forgotten By Female Trader (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.