Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,051 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police (76311 Views)

Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit / How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience / Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by otunba9ja: 9:02am On Jan 06, 2016
This will only make sense to me until BAIL is payable online.... grin
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by agarawu23(m): 9:51am On Jan 06, 2016
juman:

grin

You are right. Nothing work well.
na so o
Na Nigeria we dey
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by fallingsky(m): 11:19am On Jan 06, 2016
[quote author=Realdeals post=41688392]The Nigeria police force has cancelled all existing tinted glass permit and call for fresh application via online. You do not need an agent to obtain it, just follow the instructions below to apply for the permit
1. Log on to www.npf.gov.ng/tinted

2. Fill the Application form on the right to obtain an Application ID.

3. Complete the Application Process by Login in with email provided and the Application ID shown below.

4. Complete the Bio-Data form when logged-in and provide the details of the Vehicle you want to obtain a Tinted Permit for.

http://www.newsheadlines.com.ng/security-report/2016/01/05/how-to-apply-for-tinted-glass-permit-from-police/

Must we use the same name we use in buying the car? Or can i apply on behalf of my mum?
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by zigalo(m): 3:45pm On Jan 06, 2016
Nothing is actually free in this naija. Visited the Lagos command with my online print out.

I was told I had to pay 5k for the permit. The guy said although it was suppose to be free. But the 5k is for office and staff maintenance

The allocation for maintenance of PC, data capture equipment and internet data does not get to them. So they have to devise a means to internally generate the funds. (Very lame thought) smh for the level of corruption in this country.
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by toluloa: 4:47pm On Jan 06, 2016
zigalo:
Nothing is actually free in this naija. Visited the Lagos command with my online print out.
I was told I had to pay 5k for the permit. The guy said although it was suppose to be free. But the 5k is for office and staff maintenance
The allocation for maintenance of PC, data capture equipment and internet data does not get to them. So they have to devise a means to internally generate the funds. (Very lame thought) smh for the level of corruption in this country.

Are we to go to the nearest police station for this or there are designated places to go?
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by armadeo(m): 5:09pm On Jan 06, 2016
zigalo:

I knew it. Naija cannot change.
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by Amgreat1(m): 8:16pm On Jan 06, 2016
Good news, I think I need two permit, one for my private jet while the other will go for my keke
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by zigalo(m): 9:22pm On Jan 06, 2016
The Message on the print out actually said "police command in your state of residence"

toluloa:

Are we to go to the nearest police station for this or there are designated places to go?
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by toluloa: 8:53am On Jan 07, 2016
zigalo:
The Message on the print out actually said "police command in your state of residence"

Where are the Police Commands in Lagos especially Ikeja Axis
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by bily(m): 9:57am On Jan 08, 2016
zigalo:

Did you pay the 5k?
Did you eventually get the permit?
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by zigalo(m): 10:09am On Jan 08, 2016
ICT office SIB unit, Lagos CP office.

toluloa:

Where are the Police Commands in Lagos especially Ikeja Axis
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by zigalo(m): 10:11am On Jan 08, 2016
Yet to pay. Didn't have that amount of cash on me that day. Besides I was working on the premise that it was free worse case scenario a tip of 2k tip.

bily:

Did you pay the 5k?
Did you eventually get the permit?
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by maballack(m): 10:23am On Jan 08, 2016
Please where any police command office around lagos island, Victoria Island, Lekki, Ajah horizon

or is just any police station
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by millhouse: 12:38pm On Jan 08, 2016
SQ
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by RoyalRoy(m): 6:58am On Jan 09, 2016
arabambi:
what happens when you want to sell the car you got tinted permit for?

You simply pass it on to the new owner of the car. Since the permit has been tied to that particular car.
It's non transferable.

And reapply for a new one for your new car.
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by RoyalRoy(m): 7:00am On Jan 09, 2016
fallingsky:
Must we use name in buying the car?
How can I apply for my mum.

Yes, the name must be for the one on the particulars.

You can apply for your mum, just key in all her details.

When its time for capture she has to be there though.
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by bily(m): 12:26pm On Jan 11, 2016
zigalo:
Yet to pay. Didn't have that amount of cash on me that day. Besides I was working on the premise that it was free worse case scenario a tip of 2k tip.

Went to the command in Lagos. They were just directing me up and down.

It's either I was unlucky and those responsible to handle it were not on ground or they were all clueless.

What's the update on yours.

Anyone that has actually done the capture?

UPDATE.. .
finally met the right person, they have now been instructed to inspect the car. So anyone going, go with your car and ask for ICT Room
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by drTiv: 8:37am On Jan 12, 2016
ubecharles:
. Na so una dey fail exam. Didn't you read the part that says all previous permits are invalid. SMH for your misery
Ewu!
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by drTiv: 8:38am On Jan 12, 2016
ubecharles:
. Na so una dey fail exam. Didn't you read the part that says all previous permits are invalid. SMH for your misery
Ewu!
pity your sorry mom instead. Retard!
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by zigalo(m): 4:19pm On Jan 13, 2016
Finally got my permit today.

I hope this government does not bring a new IGP in the next six month with his own money making policy.
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by RoyalRoy(m): 4:58pm On Jan 13, 2016
zigalo:
Finally got my permit today.

I hope this government does not bring a new IGP in the next six month with his own money making policy.

Congratulations.... This is to show the new system is working.

Please endeavor to enlighten others here on all the step to step processes you passed through to acquire your permit.

Congrats once again.

1 Like

Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by zigalo(m): 9:04pm On Jan 13, 2016
I simply followed the online registration process on the first page

Made a print out of the final page.

Took the print out and photocopies of the document we were suppose to upload online with me (Proof of ownership, Insurance, License & Road worthiness) Thank God I did because documents I uploaded were no where to be found on the dbase when i got there, So the guy collected the photocopies and "re"- uploaded them.

I took the above mentioned documents to SIB, Commission of Police office complex, Ikeja.

Permit was ready in two days. ( processing time might increase when the deadline draws close) waited for another two days. Called the officer and he said same was ready.

Viola.. I paid the agreed fee and picked on the permit

RoyalRoy:

Congratulations.... This is to show the new system is working.

Please endeavor to enlighten others here on all the step to step processes you passed through to acquire your permit.

Congrats once again.
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by RoyalRoy(m): 11:34pm On Jan 13, 2016
zigalo:

Took the print out and photocopies of the document we were suppose to upload online with me (Proof of ownership, Insurance, License & Road worthiness) Thank God I did because documents I uploaded were no where to be found on the dbase when i got there, So the guy collected the photocopies and "re"- uploaded them.

I took the above mentioned documents to SIB, Commission of Police office complex, Ikeja.

Permit was ready in two days. ( processing time might increase when the deadline draws close) waited for another two days. Called the officer and he said same was ready.

Wow, very straight forward. Thanks for sharing.

Please what is the " agreed fee"?

And what reason did you give for wanting a Tint Permit?
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by bily(m): 6:56am On Jan 14, 2016
zigalo:

My case is different.

Went there the first day with the online print out and copies of the uploaded documents on Monday, waited for hours cos they were having a meeting

I was told there was a new directive from Abuja, that they have to inspect the car.

Went back on Tuesday with the car, car was inspected, submitted my online print out and was told to come back next week. All these was done at the ICT room. My uploaded documents where found in the system so I didn't have to submit copies.

@ ZIGALO, which one be SIB commission complex again? I was not told to take any documents anywhere o.
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by zigalo(m): 11:40am On Jan 14, 2016
Bros,

The ICT room is in the SIB(can't remember the full meaning) buidling.

At least there are more than one building in that police commissioner office (Abi na estate you want make I call am ? Permit my english)

Simply put: Lagos police commissioner office, when you get to the gate tell female officers you are going to the ICT room, it is located in the SIB unit building.

bily:

My case is different.

Went there the first day with the online print out and copies of the uploaded documents on Monday, waited for hours cos they were having a meeting

I was told there was a new directive from Abuja, that they have to inspect the car.

Went back on Tuesday with the car, car was inspected, submitted my online print out and was told to come back next week. All these was done at the ICT room. My uploaded documents where found in the system so I didn't have to submit copies.

Pretty straight forward. My car was not inspected in my own case. (guess its a new directive)

@ ZIGALO, which one be SIB commission complex again? I was not told to take any documents anywhere o.

Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by oseiwe(m): 6:34pm On Jan 15, 2016
RoyalRoy:

Yes, the name must be for the one on the particulars.

You can apply for your mum, just key in all her details.

When its time for capture she has to be there though.
this is where i have my problem. my aunt no dey d country.
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by jay0004: 7:09am On Jan 16, 2016
zigalo:
Bros,
At least there are more than one building in that police commissioner office (Abi na estate you want make I call am ? Permit my english)
Simply put: Lagos police commissioner office, when you get to the gate tell female officers you are going to the ICT room, it is located in the SIB unit building.

Please what if my car doesnt come with a factory tinted glass, can i apply for a tinted permit ??
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by tnthommie(m): 10:42am On Jan 16, 2016
zigalo:
Bros,

Bros please what is that NIMC number?
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by jay0004: 1:37pm On Jan 16, 2016
zigalo:
Bros,

The ICT room is in the SIB(can't remember the full meaning) buidling

Please what if my car doesnt come with a factory tinted glass, can i apply for a tinted permit ??
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by meforyou1(m): 1:48pm On Jan 16, 2016
bettercreature:
I'm thinking of getting one but dunno know what to use as excuse
no excuse. Most cars have factory fitted tinted glasses.
Moreover, politics doesn't ask for reasons
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by maangel01: 8:42am On Feb 03, 2016
I went and was told that although its free I will still have to pay 5k for maintenance of their system. Also they asked me to go to FRSC to update my plate number with them.
Re: How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police by RoyalRoy(m): 1:03pm On Feb 03, 2016
maangel01:
I went and was told that although its free I will still have to pay 5k for maintenance of their system. Also they asked me to go to FRSC to update my plate number with them.

Talk to this lady here on Nairaland, Pattybf , she will be able to sort it all out for you.

Here is a link to her thread.....

www.nairaland.com/2757772/apply-get-drivers-license-within/3#2757772.102

Best of luck.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See The Shocking Note , The Man Who Broke My Side Mirror Placed On My Windscreen / Strange Car Spotted At Ikotun, Lagos Yesterday(pics) / BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.