Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,346 members, 7,957,922 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 01:48 AM

Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 (18033 Views)

7 Most Anticipated Debut Albums In 2018 / Seven Most Anticipated Albums Of 2017 / The 10 Best Nigerian Albums Of 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 by Kk4(m): 1:51pm On Jan 06, 2016
IamLucy:
hopefully they'll indulge y'all by doing the combo.
lol.Amin
Re: Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jan 06, 2016
Donbabajay12:
O
Op where did u put wizkid Album that got collaboration with international artist like ..drake, Treyz song, rkelly,.......Den our living legend 2baba

Na only YBNL Op dey listen too....still wondering what's impressive about 'Eyan Mayweather'
Re: Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 by Honestly1: 2:27pm On Jan 06, 2016
Where did you put wizkid and Davidos album?
Re: Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 by Phobia1: 2:49pm On Jan 06, 2016
obago.
Re: Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 by Goodnuel: 2:56pm On Jan 06, 2016
callmelanner:
Jesse jagz album should be the only thing on that list undecided
I tell u... the Emperor is coming. smiley

1 Like

Re: Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 by joncom(m): 2:59pm On Jan 06, 2016
Koolking:

Each to his own bro. It's not a matter of too know. Nigerians are docile, you can sell poo to most Nigerians. Nigerian taste for music is wack. Ask the radio/tv stations, they will enlighten you. They just have to air these noises all for their pocket. It's business for them. Our kind of music is fit for street thugs

Have you heard of
Art Punk
Hard Rock
Jazz
Metal
Electronic
These music genre may not make sense to an average American, but they don't call their American music poo. Listen to the one you love leave the others. We love our music as it is, we love the "poo".
Re: Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 by xcelor(m): 3:24pm On Jan 06, 2016
Koolking:
I consciously came here expecting to see Interesting songs albums. The listed peeps are they really musicians or noise makers? Nigerians are wasting precious time pretending that there's music in Nigeria. That era had far gone

Op, the way I see the list, should have been "most highly anticipated noises in 2016"
[/color][color=#006600]
Bad belle go sleep[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 by Koolking(m): 3:42pm On Jan 06, 2016
joncom:

Have you heard of
Art Punk
Hard Rock
Jazz
Metal
Electronic
These music genre may not make sense to an average American, but they don't call their American music poo. Listen to the one you love leave the others. We love our music as it is, we love the "poo".

Lyrically and instrumentally, these genres of music make a whole lot of sense. You'll find out hard talent from the artistes. I love Jazz, Punk, metal, Electronic, Rock.

The current trend of Nigerian music does not require talent. You and I can make music in Nigeria. We just need the connection to shoot us to fame.
Re: Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 by potbelly(m): 5:52pm On Jan 06, 2016
nice artistic work... cool
Re: Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 06, 2016
I refuse to anticipate albums that would dwindle ma IQ..got mad love for Miss Kedike though...
Re: Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 06, 2016
Koolking:

Lyrically and instrumentally, these genres of music make a whole lot of sense. You'll find out hard talent from the artistes. I love Jazz, Punk, metal, Electronic, Rock.

The current trend of Nigerian music does not require talent. You and I can make music in Nigeria. We just need the connection to shoot us to fame.

all you need to do is pay Olamide 1.5 million to feature him on your track, and you are already a star...just make the song meaningless but very very danceable....
Re: Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 by fF01(m): 6:37pm On Jan 06, 2016
darkenedrebel:
I refuse to anticipate albums that would dwindle ma IQ..got mad love for Miss Kedike though...
lwkm, u wicked o!
Re: Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 by melison29(m): 7:04pm On Jan 06, 2016
cassyrooy:
LIL KESH make songs that deserve award so you can win not like 'Skiborobo' grin grin
.hahahahaha abi oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 by AbuadStudent(m): 9:49pm On Jan 06, 2016
Koolking:

Good for you bro. You did care about my opinion, reason you are quoting me. Try listening to Sam smith or Ed Sheeran or even this Nigerian - Asa, in comparison with these peeps listed here, come back and tell me if your taste of music is still not wack

No..actually I don't, it's just the way you were brandishing the opinion as if no you're the batised Nigerian, I just had to clear your doubts. I have listened to sam smith, I have listened to Asa, and I still listen to nigerian music. There are different genre's of music, and the one with loud noises and vulgar words yeah? That's basic AFROPOP bro! Jeez. Nigerians like what they like because you like A doesn't mean we must all like A. Haba..aren't you a learned fellow?
Re: Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 by Nobody: 3:29am On Jan 07, 2016
Koolking:
I consciously came here expecting to see Interesting songs albums. The listed peeps are they really musicians or noise makers? Nigerians are wasting precious time pretending that there's music in Nigeria. That era had far gone

Op, the way I see the list, should have been "most highly anticipated noises in 2016"
Yeah well.... It's about the anticipation not the actual quality.... Otherwise people like Boj and Simi would be there. Even noise has its own appeal grin
I didn't add Wizkid/Davido tho, I felt those should go without saying.
Re: Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 by lalaboi(m): 9:23am On Jan 07, 2016
Nice list

Anticipating the debut albums more than the others. Lil Kesh, Kiss Daniel, Reekado, Korede et all.
It is one thing to have good singles but compiling a good album is the difference between a good artiste and a great artiste. .
Re: Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 by Elxandre(m): 1:32pm On Jan 23, 2016
darkenedrebel:

all you need to do is pay Olamide 1.5 million to feature him on your track, and you are already a star...just make the song meaningless but very very danceable....
You people talk nonsense!
Without the actual ability, you'd only end up a one hit wonder.

BTW, there are many useless foreign artistes too, who only sing about useless things like drugs, Pussssy etc.

You people never complain of those songs being shallow, but always criticising Nigerian music.
Re: Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 by lalaboi(m): 8:09am On Jan 25, 2016
Elxandre:

You people talk nonsense!
Without the actual ability, you'd only end up a one hit wonder.

BTW, there are many useless foreign artistes too, who only sing about useless things like drugs, Pussssy etc.

You people never complain of those songs being shallow, but always criticising Nigerian music.

This is my problem with a lot of people in the Nigerian music public. They are quick to point out that Naija artistes sing rubbish and noise but they are first to sing along when a meaningless song like 'I'm in love with the coco' or a song bragging about money and cars they have never seen in their life.

In most cases, the problem is the watered down way the Nigerian artists express themselves with their lyrics, if not all of us are still singing the same thing.

After all is said and done, if these so called noise makers want to make good and meaningful music, they will with ease!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jah-bless Ft Ice Prince, Ruggedman, Eldee, Durella And Reminisce, Joor Oh Rmx / Download Asa's New Album Tracks. / Davido, Wizkid, Simi Bag AFRIMA Awards 2018 Nominations (see Full List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.