Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,935 members, 7,835,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Photos: Shops In Oshodi Under Demolition - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Photos: Shops In Oshodi Under Demolition (23496 Views)

Houses In Oshodi Demolished As Owners Cry Out (Photos) / Demolition Of Shops At Agege By Lagos State Government Begins (Photos) / Expensive Property Marked For Demolition In Kaduna (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos: Shops In Oshodi Under Demolition by DipoDee: 12:31pm On Jan 06, 2016
olukenzo:

Dude quit being an axx. All the nonsense you wrote up here is uncalled for.

The lady stated the obvious, we all know majority of the traders in that area are Ibo. I wonder why that caused you to be miffed. Or is there more to this?

Moreover, that is a lady, show some respect!

Okay gentleman, we are concerned about the demolished shops and not the tribes of the owners. So quit being a slowpoke too..

And which lady are you referring to? That gutter kid cursing her folks on a public forum..lady indeed!
Pls go and take Several seats and when a 'lady' spits on you, bow your head and thank her.
Re: Photos: Shops In Oshodi Under Demolition by ajebuter(f): 12:32pm On Jan 06, 2016
DipoDee:

Silly oaf..If I curse you in my Language and put authority on it, you will simply die before your time. Report yourself to your mother for training and to your pastor/imam/dibia for deliverance.

I mean it, your foul tongue will be the death of you, go and deliver yourself.

Omo eran, so you are not even Yoruba and that is why you are soooo pained I cursed you in Yoruba?
No wonder ti o fi ngbo bi aja bingo

I just pity you for not knowing what I just told you
Next time, if you come to this world, you will not shook mouth for wetin no concern you.
Tue! ti e ti ba eh!
Anu e de shey mi gan! grin grin
Re: Photos: Shops In Oshodi Under Demolition by DipoDee: 12:33pm On Jan 06, 2016
ajebuter:

Oh I just dey understand you jare..
That is why I cursed him in Yoruba dada.. grin grin
So you are not just a gutter breed, you are also an Idiot.. Wonders!
I leave you to your concentrated foolishness.
Re: Photos: Shops In Oshodi Under Demolition by mapet: 12:33pm On Jan 06, 2016
thunder74:

It is not illegal structure. The shops were constructed by government many years ago and sold to the present owners.
This new government gave them two weeks notice to quit middle of last year December which expires 31/12/15 and the shop owners refused on the ground that the notice is short. I was told the union leaders were arrested.
I advised my client to remove his goods because this government is not used to obeying court order or follow due process and will demolish the shop at midnight or you will just notice strange fire but he said the shops are concretes roof.
The government or contractor wants to build new shopping complex. Came on the 31st December to demolish it, were resisted, they went back, came again, were resisted before they finally surrounded the place with soldiers, police, KAI, lastma and the eventual demolition.

Bros,

I am not sure on the "sold" part and I doubt which government will "sell" such to "traders". I have been a victim of government demolition (Ajelogo Market). Trust me the ownership of such places never left the government. The understanding between both parties are grey. Government would have dealt with "agents" in the past who would have "sold" the space (albeit, illigally). The shop owners are the looser at the end of the day

Secondly, these market unions are barely recognized in the structures of the Lagos State government, provided they are not aligned with the Iyaloja's structure. They are not registered under law. So they have no basis.

Thirdly, it's share wast of time to fight a lost battle. If this guys can access the agreement/contract between the state government and the market association, on which the market was transferred to them, they should go to court. That was what we did at Ajelogo
Re: Photos: Shops In Oshodi Under Demolition by asEdeyHOT: 12:33pm On Jan 06, 2016
ajebuter:

Oh I just dey understand you jare..

That is why I cursed him in Yoruba dada.. grin grin

grin grin grin

Mo ba yin se amin si gbogbo epe te fun
Re: Photos: Shops In Oshodi Under Demolition by ajebuter(f): 12:34pm On Jan 06, 2016
asEdeyHOT:

Omo irankinran ni bobo na

Awon omo olori pelebe ti o leko

Oro yin ye mi dada

He is only angry that you mentioned his tribe. They would want deny that over 60% of those affected are ibo businesses

Anu won shey mi ni, itara aje lo shey mi,

Mi o mo pe alainironu omo inaki ni.

O shey jare aburo, aye e a da jare.
Re: Photos: Shops In Oshodi Under Demolition by DipoDee: 12:34pm On Jan 06, 2016
ajebuter:

Omo eran, so you are not even Yoruba and that is why you are soooo pained I cursed you in Yoruba?
No wonder ti o fi ngbo bi aja bingo

I just pity you for not knowing what I just told you
Next time, if you come to this world, you will not shook mouth for wetin no concern you.
Tue! ti e ti ba eh!
Anu e de shey mi gan! grin grin

I pity your mother, I really do.
Your tongue will be your death this year, go and write it down.
Re: Photos: Shops In Oshodi Under Demolition by 9jatatafo(m): 12:35pm On Jan 06, 2016
I hate old Oshodi
Re: Photos: Shops In Oshodi Under Demolition by ajebuter(f): 12:36pm On Jan 06, 2016
DipoDee:

So you are not just a gutter breed, you are also an Idiot.. Wonders!

I leave you to your concentrated foolishness.

Oro na dun, lo ba nke! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Flat...head! grin grin grin grin grin grin

Olori pelebe grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Photos: Shops In Oshodi Under Demolition by DipoDee: 12:39pm On Jan 06, 2016
9jatatafo:
I hate old Oshodi

Yes. It was an eyesore. Thankfully, the government is taking measures to clean it up. And though the traders would be affected, I hope everyone is compensated on the long run and we have a city that can be compared with other Metro cities all over the world.
Re: Photos: Shops In Oshodi Under Demolition by mapet: 12:40pm On Jan 06, 2016
ajebuter:

Nope. but at least, let them evacuate

Whether, ibo, Yoruba or Hausa, we are all humans.

If the two weeks notice that was allegedly served to them is true, then they have little case. The problem in most cases is that government do serve these notices, but the collective are not learned enough to assess and analyse the situation very well. They in most cases are not well educated, will quote their links to some fictitious someone high up who they will go and meet, or links to Abuja and stuffs.......
Re: Photos: Shops In Oshodi Under Demolition by ajebuter(f): 12:46pm On Jan 06, 2016
mapet:

If the two weeks notice that was allegedly served to them is true, then they have little case. The problem in most cases is that government do serve these notices, but the collective are not learned enough to assess and analyse the situation very well. They in most cases are not well educated, will quote their links to some fictitious someone high up who they will go and meet, or links to Abuja and stuffs.......

Bros, i just pity the traders there because i cant imagine how some are going to start afresh.

If you inquire, LASG will tell you its part of the story while the traders will give a counter view and you will find both guilty of one violation or the other.
I just feel that if there would be a demolition, let the traders be around for evacuation so the loss will be minimal.
Peace
Re: Photos: Shops In Oshodi Under Demolition by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jan 06, 2016
DipoDee:

Okay gentleman, we are concerned about the demolished shops and not the tribes of the owners. So quit being a slowpoke too..

And which lady are you referring to? That gutter kid cursing her folks on a public forum..lady indeed!
Pls go and take Several seats and when a 'lady' spits on you, bow your head and thank her.

I can't be axxed to be drawn into an exchange of words with you boy. You're overly emotional and defensive about this topic and these are pointers to some hidden resentment or perhaps, parochial sentiments.

More people are going to state the obvious about the origins of majority of the traders in that market. Good luck going gung-ho on them all.

Have a good life!

2 Likes

Re: Photos: Shops In Oshodi Under Demolition by DipoDee: 12:48pm On Jan 06, 2016
olukenzo:

Have a good life!
Yeah. You too.
Re: Photos: Shops In Oshodi Under Demolition by sunlilies: 12:51pm On Jan 06, 2016
I believe the shop owners must have received a notice beforehand, its all for our benefit jere... wink
Re: Photos: Shops In Oshodi Under Demolition by ajebuter(f): 12:53pm On Jan 06, 2016
olukenzo:

Dude quit being an axx. All the nonsense you wrote up here is uncalled for.

The lady stated the obvious, we all know majority of the traders in that area are Ibo. I wonder why that caused you to be miffed. Or is there more to this?

Moreover, that is a lady, show some respect!

Thanks jare bros.

He is an undilluted lunatic needing harsh verbal attack

That's the only language the bufoon understands and it gladdens my heart i dished it out to him in drove.

Thanks and peace.
Re: Photos: Shops In Oshodi Under Demolition by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jan 06, 2016
calliope:
My heart feels for masses (traders) who r involved in this...... They have kids, families, and other responsibilities'... Wat kind of govt that wouldn't provide measures before taking drastic action
I tot democracy is for the people and not the other way round?
Sometimes the way human rights and wellbeing are violated in these part of the world makes it obvious how myopic and demeaning our leaders r? undecided
*walks out*

Nigerians and sentiments.

This is why we are stagnant.

What makes you think that it is the govt that is demolishing the area? Did you ever bother to ask who built all those shacks you find in that place and where does the rent and dues paid go.

1 Like

Re: Photos: Shops In Oshodi Under Demolition by ajebuter(f): 1:00pm On Jan 06, 2016
olukenzo:

I can't be axxed to be drawn into an exchange of words with you boy. You're overly emotional and defensive about this topic and these are pointers to some hidden resentment or perhaps, parochial sentiments.

More people are you going to state the obvious about the origins of majority of the traders in that market. Good luck going gung-ho on them all.

Have a good life!

Dont mind that flattie. I have never read an irrational and idiotic comment like his.

Won ti shepe fun lati ile wa.

Peace.
Re: Photos: Shops In Oshodi Under Demolition by Elplaya(m): 1:12pm On Jan 06, 2016
that's not correct, the place has been closed since last week and the owners have been pre-informed!!
Please do not spread incorrect information without confirmation
ajebuter:
I saw it on my way to work this morning

Heard they were demolished at midnight

With the shop owners' goods inside

It would have been at least fair, if they were allowed to evacuate before the demolition

Some of those shops belong to traders on holiday in their home states..

All is well...
Re: Photos: Shops In Oshodi Under Demolition by ajebuter(f): 1:17pm On Jan 06, 2016
Elplaya:
that's not correct, the place has been closed since last week and the owners have been pre-informed!!
Please do not spread incorrect information without confirmation

I agree with you that LASG would have pre-informed them but knowing Nigerians and 'agidi and stubborness.

But at least, i think the demolition should be in their presence so they can evacuate their goods and minimise loss. That is just my view, considering the harsh economic situation of the country.

Peace.
Re: Photos: Shops In Oshodi Under Demolition by Teejayphillip(m): 1:36pm On Jan 06, 2016
calliope:
My heart feels for masses (traders) who r involved in this...... They have kids, families, and other responsibilities'... Wat kind of govt that wouldn't provide measures before taking drastic action
I tot democracy is for the people and not the other way round?
Sometimes the way human rights and wellbeing are violated in these part of the world makes it obvious how myopic and demeaning our leaders r? undecided
*walks out*

Wat r you saying? They've been warned and serve letters for almost a decade to leave dat premises...

Ten years to these time ain't a child play...

We should all know how much Lagos govt values d life of it inhabitant...

Letz try n get our facts b4 we make our conclusion
Re: Photos: Shops In Oshodi Under Demolition by mapet: 1:55pm On Jan 06, 2016
ajebuter:

Bros, i just pity the traders there because i cant imagine how some are going to start afresh.

If you inquire, LASG will tell you its part of the story while the traders will give a counter view and you will find both guilty of one violation or the other.
I just feel that if there would be a demolition, let the traders be around for evacuation so the loss will be minimal.
Peace

Let me tell you a little story. My wife and I once ran a factory at Ajelogo Market. This was something we built from the scratch. Fast foward 3year later, I was informed one day that government intends to take over the market and convert it to luxury estates. My father-in-law who was then part of the exco of the market union, said the decision was to challenge in court. This was a land allocated to the founders of the market when the FG sent them out of part of Daleko market. Instead of the excos pursuing the court injunction, then some name throwing started, then confusion and days went by.

Government will definitely not play fair. They came to pull down the market on a Sunday morning. Now we went to court, decided on an out of court settlement, only to discover that we can only claim damages for goods in store. The structures and building belonged to government. Then we realized that it is only a less than a quarter of us that could make claims. Others were squatters and hangers on.

Trust me, the government have experience in this things. Thinking back, the mistake I think I made was not to have evacuated our heavy duty machines as soon as the notice came.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos: Shops In Oshodi Under Demolition by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jan 06, 2016
islandmoon:
we need to make Lagos beautiful, plant flower there! the shop owners should go into agriculture as we are trying to diversify our economy!
ewu!
Re: Photos: Shops In Oshodi Under Demolition by 9jatatafo(m): 2:01pm On Jan 06, 2016
DipoDee:

Yes. It was an eyesore. Thankfully, the government is taking measures to clean it up. And though the traders would be affected, I hope everyone is compensated on the long run and we have a city that can be compared with other Metro cities all over the world.

Cleaning Oshodi is a welcome development and it would be better to compensate traders that got their shops destroyed by the LASG
Re: Photos: Shops In Oshodi Under Demolition by ajebuter(f): 2:05pm On Jan 06, 2016
mapet:

Let me tell you a little story. My wife and I once ran a factory at Ajelogo Market. This was something we built from the scratch. Fast foward 3year later, I was informed one day that government intends to take over the market and convert it to luxury estates. My father-in-law who was then part of the exco of the market union, said the decision was to challenge in court. This was a land allocated to the founders of the market when the FG sent them out of part of Daleko market. Instead of the excos pursuing the court injunction, then some name throwing started, then confusion and days went by.

Government will definitely not play fair. They came to pull down the market on a Sunday morning. Now we went to court, decided on an out of court settlement, only to discover that we can only claim damages for goods in store. The structures and building belonged to government. Then we realized that it is only a less than a quarter of us that could make claims. Others were squatters and hangers on.

Trust me, the government have experience in this things. Thinking back, the mistake I think I made was not to have evacuated our heavy duty machines as soon as the notice came.

Imagine that? So sad.
All will be well.
Peace.
Re: Photos: Shops In Oshodi Under Demolition by ChynoBEATS: 5:48pm On Jan 06, 2016
PRINCENWAEZE:
shocked shocked ambode make sure u gave those people notice oo

Well they were told that the place would be demolished .... But i dont know if they gave them the date of the day it would be demolished...
Re: Photos: Shops In Oshodi Under Demolition by islandmoon: 11:05pm On Jan 06, 2016
franciskaine:
ewu!

chest better!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Does This Spetic Tank Work? / I Have 8000 Blocks: How Much Cement & Sand Do I Need To Lay Them? / Critique My 5 Bedroom Duplex Design

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.