Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,653 members, 7,955,364 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:40 AM

Why Do People Say Nigeria Is A Muslim Dominated Country? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do People Say Nigeria Is A Muslim Dominated Country? (846 Views)

Top 20 Areas Dominated By Runs Girls In Port Harcourt City / 10 Places In Lagos That Are Dominated By Runs Girls / Why Do People Say Husbands Are Scarce When I Get At Least 2 Toasters In A Day? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Say Nigeria Is A Muslim Dominated Country? by praxs(m): 1:40pm On Jan 06, 2016
Am posting this thread here so as to be neutral! Posting it in a particular religion section say #Christianity# will make muslims feel like am taking a deep at them.

Nigeria has both Muslim and Christian citizens, in addition to already freethinkers. The Muslim population mainly lives in the northern part of the country, and the Christian population in the south, though this is changing as people become more mobile. However, what baffles me is the assertion of some certain people who authoritatively conclude that Nigeria belongs to the muslim. Even outside the shores of Nigeria, you will hear non-nigerians stating that Nigeria is dominately muslim and northern Nigeria is almost 100%muslims. Has anyone heard of this? How did the arrive at the conclusion when the last census which included religion was well over 40years ago? What are the trying to achieve by that? Could it be a secret agenda? Wetin be una take on this
Re: Why Do People Say Nigeria Is A Muslim Dominated Country? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jan 06, 2016
NIGERIA IS A CHRISTIAN COUNTRY

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Say Nigeria Is A Muslim Dominated Country? by Davidovinci(m): 1:44pm On Jan 06, 2016
wwhitewitch:
Gbam!!!
Re: Why Do People Say Nigeria Is A Muslim Dominated Country? by praxs(m): 1:55pm On Jan 06, 2016
wwhitewitch:
Is this fact or assumption? Can you break it down bro
Re: Why Do People Say Nigeria Is A Muslim Dominated Country? by obiorathesubtle: 2:13pm On Jan 06, 2016
undecided uuuuh..
Re: Why Do People Say Nigeria Is A Muslim Dominated Country? by praxs(m): 2:17pm On Jan 06, 2016
obiorathesubtle:
undecided uuuuh..
You can say better man
Re: Why Do People Say Nigeria Is A Muslim Dominated Country? by obiorathesubtle: 2:25pm On Jan 06, 2016
praxs:

You can say better man
uuuh.. I really have nothing to say.. Who am I to Judge? I'm a christian, I should perform my duties as a christian and that's what matters...

But the northerners are more in population than us, prolly why they say Nigeria is a muslim country.. But Nigeria is and always will be under the true God! That's what I believe.
Re: Why Do People Say Nigeria Is A Muslim Dominated Country? by Mzdivacious(f): 2:32pm On Jan 06, 2016
wwhitewitch:
says who? Sentiments oshi
op politics section would av bn a better option if not religion

9geria isnt a muslim or xtian country.but i think it has more muslims too.see d populatn in d north na
Re: Why Do People Say Nigeria Is A Muslim Dominated Country? by praxs(m): 2:40pm On Jan 06, 2016
Mzdivacious:
says who? Sentiments oshi
op politics section would av bn a better option if not religion

9geria isnt a muslim or xtian country.but i think it has more muslims too.see d populatn in d north na
Hope you know that benue, taraba, plateau, adamawa are christian dominated even doe the are part of the north. There are good number of christians in kaduna, nasarawa, borno, kebbi, gombe and kogi also
Re: Why Do People Say Nigeria Is A Muslim Dominated Country? by praxs(m): 2:41pm On Jan 06, 2016
obiorathesubtle:
uuuh.. I really have nothing to say.. Who am I to Judge? I'm a christian, I should perform my duties as a christian and that's what matters...

But the northerners are more in population than us, prolly why they say Nigeria is a muslim country.. But Nigeria is and always will be under the true God! That's what I believe.
Northerner doesn't mean muslim. The region is diff from religion
Re: Why Do People Say Nigeria Is A Muslim Dominated Country? by Mzdivacious(f): 2:44pm On Jan 06, 2016
praxs:

Hope you know that benue, taraba, plateau, adamawa are christian dominated even doe the are part of the north. There are good number of christians in kaduna, nasarawa, borno, kebbi, gombe and kogi also
i still think muslims r more...op can do a google search tho
Re: Why Do People Say Nigeria Is A Muslim Dominated Country? by obiorathesubtle: 2:55pm On Jan 06, 2016
praxs:

Northerner doesn't mean muslim. The region is diff from religion
"The Muslim population mainly lives
in the northern part of the country" you said

That's why I used "northerners" or if you think it was in a wrong context.. You can disregard it.
Re: Why Do People Say Nigeria Is A Muslim Dominated Country? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 06, 2016
Nobody said it's a Muslim dominated country!
Re: Why Do People Say Nigeria Is A Muslim Dominated Country? by femimailbox(m): 3:47pm On Jan 06, 2016
Nigerian constitution is somewhat silent about it but there are mentions of mosques, sharing and Muslim and some other things partaining to Islam but Christianity is on a ghost mode in our constitution.

A foreigner after reading through the Nigerian constitution may conclude that Nigeria is an Islamic country, but every nigerian knows that we don't have one religion here.

Btw why will the government allow sharia law in a state we call secular to the extent where the state government sues a cleric to sharia court to be sentenced to death by hanging in kano.

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Gift My Girlfriend A Car This Valentine / Pvsssie Sucking, Saaaltty!! / Nigerian Ladies : See How To Tighten Your ” V.agina ” If It Is Too Wide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.