Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. (31524 Views)

Latest MTN Service Deactivation Codes!!! / Sim Registration: Crowd At MTN Office Rumuodumaya, Port Harcourt (photo) / Crowd At MTN Office Ikotun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by Oghumu1(m): 9:16pm On Jan 06, 2016
Register or no register, I'm surfing the net and downloading . MTN Una rock!! Make NCC never ban Una because I'm still collecting back all my money u pple have scammed me. #PaybackTimeMtn
Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by rman: 9:17pm On Jan 06, 2016
LKO:

How many times do I have to register my sim for MTN to have my complete bio-data and biometrics in their data base? Heaven knows I have registered my line for over six times right in their office and on each registration they would reward me with five hundred naira. I registered this same line September last year after they have blocked my line, they opened my line and sent me a successful sim registration message and gave me one thousand naira worth of air time which strangely disappeared also. Now, MTN is bombarding me with messages to go and re-register my sim. I have been using this line since 2005. For how long would I continue with this mess? I registered my glo and Etisalat sim just once and no issue since 2010 when I registered them. Is this fair?

As many times as NCC keeps returning your registration as incomplete, MTN will call you back.

MTN registers, NCC validates. What exactly do want MTN to do? get another fine?

1 Like

Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by Humblegoodman(m): 9:21pm On Jan 06, 2016
It is good to enlighten people on what they don't understand. The problem is from NCC. When customers are registered and data forwarded to NCC for them to save in their data base, they ignore it , ostensibly because they are out to sabotage MTN. After a while when these datas are not saved by NCC, they return to MTN as incomplete registration. This means that MTN will have to painfully invite the customers again for another round of registration. People don't understand what is happening here.It is not the wish of the company to see customers suffer. NCC is not happy that MTN has instituted a court case against them because of the outrageous fine imposed on MTN.They are doing everything possible to undermine the company, thereby making them lose customers. Can you be truthful for once? Ask me why on earth should NCC impose a fine of 250,000 for a sim that hitherto did not have a complete registration. Is it fair? why use a hammer to kill a musquito?

In October 2014, NCC wrote to MTN telling them to within 7 days disconnect 5.1 million lines that have incomplete data in their system. After due consideration of the situation, MTN met with NCC to discuss the issue with them.Technically, MTN cannot disconnect 5.1 million lines in 7 days. Secondly, Disconnecting these huge number of customers from the network will cause untold hardship to them, reason being that a whole lot of them use the lines for their businesses. Many use it to look for their daily bread. Moreso, MTN will lose huge amount of money by doing that.

MTN pleaded with NCC to allow them do the disconnection batch by batch so that registering them again will not overwhelm the company. NCC refused bluntly. In the course of the negotiation, 7 days elapsed. The next thing MTN saw was a letter asking them to pay a fine of 1.04 trillion. Now, that fine is about 25% of the total value of MTN. MTN saw that fine as absolutely outrageous , uncalled for and a witch hunt. Since MTN does not have such huge amount of money to pay the fine, they went to court to seek redress. Now, all parties will have to maintain the status quo untill the matter is determined by the court. Those who do not have information about what is happening should know now. I'M an insider, so i know what's happening.
Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by franconian: 9:22pm On Jan 06, 2016
Smooyis:
I was at home yesterday when a friend of mine called me of the free credit being given to selected mtn customers as a means of compensation. I hurriedly entered the code ie *559*40# and sent.

To my amazement, I immediately received a confirmation text that I have been given a bonus of #5,000 credit. I was so so happy. Checking through my balance I did not see the bonus reflect so I called the friend who told me my account would be ready for use today.

Early this morning, another text came that I should go to any of their service centres to complete my biometrics without which I would not be able to access my free credit.

'You have been compensated with N5000 valid for 7 days. To activate, please visit any MTN Registration outlet to update your biometrics. Dial *559*40# to check'

At the ikotun service centre, the situation was very chaotic as I met many customers who had received same message from mtn trying to get entrance into the office without success. Many aged people, nursing mothers were in the sun unattended to for several hours.

When I could not bear it any longer and seeing the way people who have received similar texts were trooping in, I could not withstand the pains of waiting endlessly.

What is MTN really taking us for in this country. Must we go through all these suffering to get our sims registered. Do they subject their own people back in south Africa to such inhumane treatment.

Have you any of such experience. Feel free to share with us.

You own story self better.

Silly MTN blocked my line, I had to go to their office to update my biometrics (something I had done before) . That day, I witnessed the worst customer care service ever. This was at their office along Aba road, PHC.

I got there around 12noon. Customers were allowed to enter the compound but not into the building where the registration is done. We had to wait outside.
At interval, one very rude warri boy (I know from his accent) will come to address us using mostly pidgin English.

The annoying part is he only attends to those who want to retrieve lost SIM. Na so I take wait from 12 reach 5pm when them finally call us in. To my surprise, the hall where they attend to customers was almost empty with only CC agents joking with themselves.
Well, I finally left around 6pm. My only joy was one beautiful lady working with them, her beauty made the last 1hr looked like 1min cool

The SIM worked that night. I got a text to finish the update process by answering a question. The question was "what's your mother's maiden name?", an info I gave them not quite long. I responded to the question and I was given 1k bonus. I also made some calls with the bonus.

My brother, can you believe that the motherfuckers blocked the SIM on the basis of SIM update just 3 days later
Well, I can't waste such time again. I was forced to abandon my 9 years old Sim... My very first love. I only use it to receive calls now.

For the records, this SIM has been registered 3 times. I don try... I can't be going to Mtn office every other day like I work there.

I love MTN... I really do. But for this single act, I wish thunder will fire them for wasting my time repeatedly.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by Setaje(f): 9:27pm On Jan 06, 2016
Humblegoodman:
Text messages were sent to subscribers who do not have complete information in MTN's data base to come register their sims as required by NCC. You know Nigerians, the way they behave, many people ignored the messages. That is the way they also sit at home during elections without going out to vote. Now, MTN sent you a message of free credit, you rushed to their office to go and collect it. You think they are fools? you have to register your line first before you can access the free bonus. long throat go kill una.

If you want the Company's licence withdrawn, remember that about 20,000 Nigerians are in the payroll of the Company. Not to talk of the numerous contractors, sub -contractors and others providing ancillary services. The government is unable to provide jobs for her citizens. Now, MTN came into the country to make live easier for Nigerians through job creation, MTN foundation -where many students have been given scholarships, sick people getting free medical treament, medical bills on surgical operations offset by MTN, renovation of neglected and dilapidated secondary schools, buying of books and equipping school libraries, buying of walking & hearing aids and wheel chairs to the physically challenged and empowering people through who wants to be a millionaire.

From all indications, MTN still remains one company in Nigeria with a human face. In as much as the company is striving to overcome its present challenges, they need to be encouraged by every well meaning Nigerian. Think about it.

Are u alright. WTF are u talking about. I have registered twice and they sent me my registration is complete. Under hot sun that I went, queued and fought my way through. And u open your dirty mouth to say nigerians are at fault. You are saying I am at fault for registering twice and I am also at fault for being asked to register a third time. Are u sick or somefin!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by Setaje(f): 9:32pm On Jan 06, 2016
Humblegoodman:
It is good to enlighten people on what they don't understand. The problem is from NCC. When customers are registered and data forwarded to NCC for them to save in their data base, they ignore it , ostensibly because they are out to sabotage MTN. After a while when these datas are not saved by NCC, they return to MTN as incomplete registration. This means that MTN will have to painfully invite the customers again for another round of registration. People don't understand what is happening here.It is not the wish of the company to see customers suffer. NCC is not happy that MTN has instituted a court case against them because of the outrageous fine imposed on MTN.They are doing everything possible to undermine the company, thereby making them lose customers. Can you be truthful for once? Ask me why on earth should NCC impose a fine of 250,000 for a sim that hitherto did not have a complete registration. Is it fair? why use a hammer to kill a musquito?

In October 2014, NCC wrote to MTN telling them to within 7 days disconnect 5.1 million lines that have incomplete data in their system. After due consideration of the situation, MTN met with NCC to discuss the issue with them.Technically, MTN cannot disconnect 5.1 million lines in 7 days. Secondly, Disconnecting these huge number of customers from the network will cause untold hardship to them, reason being that a whole lot of them use the lines for their businesses. Many use it to look for their daily bread. Moreso, MTN will lose huge amount of money by doing that.

MTN pleaded with NCC to allow them do the disconnection batch by batch so that registering them again will not overwhelm the company. NCC refused bluntly. In the course of the negotiation, 7 days elapsed. The next thing MTN saw was a letter asking them to pay a fine of 1.04 trillion. Now, that fine is about 25% of the total value of MTN. MTN saw that fine as absolutely outrageous , uncalled for and a witch hunt. Since MTN does not have such huge amount of money to pay the fine, they went to court to seek redress. Now, all parties will have to maintain the status quo untill the matter is determined by the court. Those who do not have information about what is happening should know now. I'M an insider, so i know what's happening.

Abeg stop yarning dust. There is no justification. They make so much money from us so what are u on about. Who gives a damn if u are an insider. It's as if u people like benin treatment ba. Until when they start burning your offices. Especially that ikotun office. E be like say their machine wey dey capture finger print have problems.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by rman: 9:33pm On Jan 06, 2016
Humblegoodman:

Unfortunately, majority of the people you are trying to educate already have bias mind towards MTN. You knowand uderstand exactly what is going on but the average Nigerian thinks MTN is the enemy. Why will a regulator be all out to kill the market leader? That is the underlying question Nigerians should be asking.

They are angry they have registered thrice sometimes five times, however it is actually NCC that keeps rejecting these registrations by refusing to validate them on time. How is that MTNs fault? I am an insider too. Have a nice day.
Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by currency10(m): 9:34pm On Jan 06, 2016
I was given 5k too today and the massage stipulates it clearly that, before I could used the 5k are should go to the nearest Mtn center to update my biometric registration or else my line will soon be disconnect from there service network.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by ify84(m): 9:38pm On Jan 06, 2016
I de wait make them block my line.. Useless people..
Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by lyrose(f): 9:38pm On Jan 06, 2016
Hi, is like MTN are putting their anger on dis country blc of their mistake, I went to their office last week, no network, I also went today battalion of people already collected number ,I hv to try next tomorrow, first. -voters card, Bvn, &now mtn re-registration, it is well, even inside d well.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by tpppi: 9:38pm On Jan 06, 2016
My own experience was different.MTN have been sending me series of text to visist their office to register my sim.
On the 28th of Dec.2015,my friend came back from their office and told me he has registered,so I decided to go and register my own at stadium rd,by Airforce so they sent me a code and later gave me N15k for coming just finish my credit on the 5th of Jan.2O16.
Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by cupidhero(m): 9:39pm On Jan 06, 2016
Their company's HQ is two minutes walk from my house but i still won't update shigbam. They gave me 5K which is only usable when i update my picture and bio-data. It is either 50K or they should forget it.
Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by rman: 9:45pm On Jan 06, 2016
Setaje:

Abeg stop yarning dust. There is no justification. They make so much money from us so what are u on about. Who gives a damn if u are an insider. It's as if u people like benin treatment ba. Until when they start burning your offices. Especially that ikotun office. E be like say their machine wey dey capture finger print have problems.

If you burn office , you will be arrested. You may even end up burning and outlet that belongs to trade partner or a building mtn is just a tenant.

So what if they make money, is service not been rendered...black mans mentality of sense of entitlement. MTN is making money, if it is that easy why did your government not do it? Why did Nitel go down?

The situation MTN and her customers find themselves is unfortunate, however, they are just trying to assist a government that has not done the fundamental thing to do her duties. Which develop country do network operators register sims? All you need is a valid ID in developed countries If there is a central data base. will all these wahala be necessary if Nigeria have such?

Registration that info collected is not been referenced or readily verifiable already has a fundamental flaw even if bio-metrics were collected.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by tpppi: 9:47pm On Jan 06, 2016
I forgot to put my location,so that u guys will know that MTN is not scaming u.the location is PH.It Is real,they gave my friend N20k cheesy
Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by Tiwa007(f): 9:54pm On Jan 06, 2016
Was lucky though.....only told to complete my sim reg by sending an sms.Did that....and now am enjoying 2k each month since Nov.....God bless MTN smiley
Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by whitebone(m): 9:59pm On Jan 06, 2016
I got the same message this afternoon. Mine is 1000k. But me don zero ma mind oh, I no dey do any registration again. I don register my line 3times. Now they are tellin me Shiite again?? Mba nu.. If MTN over do, I go just port to another network.. Shikina
Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by DahtzFestjayz: 10:08pm On Jan 06, 2016
Warlord3000:
Did mine today at the ARENA in oshodi
. And it's quite easy and fast to do..

Now am. Using my 2k compensation already..

Sorry about your travails
You get Rolake first number, dat 2nd number is switch off?

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by whitebone(m): 10:09pm On Jan 06, 2016
rman:

If you burn office , you will be arrested. You may even end up burning and outlet that belongs to trade partner or a building mtn is just a tenant.

So what if they make money, is service not been rendered...black mans mentality of sense of entitlement. MTN is making money, if it is that easy why did your government not do it? Why did Nitel go down?

The situation MTN and her customers find themselves is unfortunate, however, they are just trying to assist a government that has not done the fundamental thing to do her duties. Which develop country do network operators register sims? All you need is a valid ID in developed countries If there is a central data base. will all these wahala be necessary if Nigeria have such?

Registration that info collected is not been referenced or readily verifiable already has a fundamental flaw even if bio-metrics were collected.

I like your argument.. You have a good point.

But why is mtn own too much like for that matter? Take for instance I have done registration again and again 3 good times yet today mtn still send me message to do it again... Why is it always like that with mtn but other networks don't do that?
Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by Humblegoodman(m): 10:09pm On Jan 06, 2016
SETAJE, why is it difficult for you to respond to issues without insulting someone. Please learn to be civil next time. Conduct yourself better and respect other peoples opinion. I guess you are a teenager. juvenile delinquency at work.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by Humblegoodman(m): 10:17pm On Jan 06, 2016
WHITEBONE, just as he mentioned in his previous post, when MTN registers you, NCC validates the registration. If they fail to do so, it returns as unregistered sim.Now for some reasons best known to them, NCC doesn't validate MTN's customers data on time, so it comes back as unregistered line. That's why MTN will call you back for reregistration. it is the fault of NCC. That's to tell you that something is wrong. They are out to ruin MTN.God will not allow that to happen.
Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by franconian: 10:18pm On Jan 06, 2016
Humblegoodman:
It is good to enlighten people on what they don't understand. The problem is from NCC. When customers are registered and data forwarded to NCC for them to save in their data base, they ignore it , ostensibly because they are out to sabotage MTN. After a while when these datas are not saved by NCC, they return to MTN as incomplete registration.[b] This means that MTN will have to painfully invite the customers again for another round of registration. [b/] People don't understand what is happening here.It is not the wish of the company to see customers suffer. NCC is not happy that MTN has instituted a court case against them because of the outrageous fine imposed on MTN.They are doing everything possible to undermine the company, thereby making them lose customers. Can you be truthful for once? Ask me why on earth should NCC impose a fine of 250,000 for a sim that hitherto did not have a complete registration. Is it fair? why use a hammer to kill a musquito?

Humblegoodman, I like your humble opinion. But I think Mtn need not invite the customers again. All they need do is to re-forward the already captured data to NCC. Abi Mtn self nor dey save data? Why ask a customer to come provide info that's already confirmed n stored in your database?

In fact, NCC should double that fine.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by whitebone(m): 10:19pm On Jan 06, 2016
Humblegoodman:
WHITEBONE, just as he mentioned in his previous post, when MTN registers you, NCC validates the registration. If they fail to do so, it returns as unregistered sim.Now for some reasons best known to them, NCC doesn't validate MTN's customers data on time, so it comes back as unregistered line. That's why MTN will call you back for reregistration. it is the fault of NCC. That's to tell you that something is wrong. They are out to ruin MTN.God will not allow that to happen.

Thank you for this explanation it will go a long way
Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by deebarbie(f): 10:31pm On Jan 06, 2016
I got a message too"Dear Esteemed Customer, you have been credited with a reward of N5,000 airtime for staying with MTN. Thank you for choosing MTN" and av been using the credit since afterrnoon.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by Smooyis(m): 10:33pm On Jan 06, 2016
logarithm:
I also got one today. Can I visit those road side agents to register mine?

I did my registration at the roadside before and they still not satisfied. I think roadside reg is not valid.
Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by Smooyis(m): 10:37pm On Jan 06, 2016
marynike:
D same thing applicable to i went to Akure for the registration, d queue was too long. I decided to leave there. Mtn are not serious. My own is 2000.

The crowd at ikotun was so scary I was afraid of any unexpected eventualities and I left asap.
Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by wadetaw202: 10:41pm On Jan 06, 2016
Smooyis:
Why is it that most networks glo, mtn, Etisalat, AIRTEL etc have deleted or omitted the option that enables one to speak with their service agent when calling the customer care line.

Do they think their simulated computer can address all issues raised. NCC over to you. Stop fighting the wrong battle.

MTN still has the service on and they are very prompt in responding. Glo will make sure they sing advert into your ears for at least 30 minutes before they connect you with human agent. It is Etisalat that seems to have removed the human agent link. I do not know much about airtel.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by scarr: 10:41pm On Jan 06, 2016
Warlord3000:
Did mine today at the ARENA in oshodi
. And it's quite easy and fast to do..

Now am. Using my 2k compensation already..

Sorry about your travails

I hope rolake and Adesewa are cute girls undecided

1 Like

Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by Smooyis(m): 10:41pm On Jan 06, 2016
HateU2:
They have been sending me that message since last year and I have been ignoring it. If they like, make they block d line. I can't go nd stay under d sun 4 hours bcox of them. I'm a customer for Christ's sake.

Exactly my point. Taking we the customers for a ride is what I detest. I know how much I d spend on the network daily.
Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by Smooyis(m): 10:48pm On Jan 06, 2016
franconian:

You own story self better.

Silly MTN blocked my line, I had to go to their office to update my biometrics (something I had done before) . That day, I witnessed the worst customer care service ever. This was at their office along Aba road, PHC.

I got there around 12noon. Customers were allowed to enter the compound but not into the building where the registration is done. We had to wait outside.
At interval, one very rude warri boy (I know from his accent) will come to address us using mostly pidgin English.

The annoying part is he only attends to those who want to retrieve lost SIM. Na so I take wait from 12 reach 5pm when them finally call us in. To my surprise, the hall where they attend to customers was almost empty with only CC agents joking with themselves.
Well, I finally left around 6pm. My only joy was one beautiful lady working with them, her beauty made the last 1hr looked like 1min cool

The SIM worked that night. I got a text to finish the update process by answering a question. The question was "what's your mother's maiden name?", an info I gave them not quite long. I responded to the question and I was given 1k bonus. I also made some calls with the bonus.

My brother, can you believe that the motherfuckers blocked the SIM on the basis of SIM update just 3 days later
Well, I can't waste such time again. I was forced to abandon my 9 years old Sim... My very first love. I only use it to receive calls now.

For the records, this SIM has been registered 3 times. I don try... I can't be going to Mtn office every other day like I work there.

I love MTN... I really do. But for this single act, I wish thunder will fire them for wasting my time repeatedly.

Sorry bro. No be mtn fault. Na glo and other networks that refuse to live up to expectations dey cause their arrogance.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by Lumidee007(m): 10:49pm On Jan 06, 2016
I was there today. I was the guy in corper kaaki trying to force my way into their office. The crowd was so much that i thought something else must be beneath this registration other than free airtime. I gave up after struggling for almost 2hrs.
On my way out of the crowded compound, i saw ppl overtaking me and forcing thier way into a coaster bus parked outside the complex. Immediately i thought in my mind that this must be good news. Without taking a second thought, i hurriedly entered the bus. I asked whr the bus was going and the passangers whr all laughing at me. 'o yu dont know where yu are going and yu join yhe bus'
We were conveyed to another center where there are hundreads of workers with few customers.i didbt spend 10mins at Abesan estate ipaja centre. It was conducive. After our registration, they returned us to our various destinations. MTN really impressed me today. OP you were not lucky.
Im enjoying my 2000# airtime grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by Smooyis(m): 10:50pm On Jan 06, 2016
wadetaw202:

MTN still has the service on and they are very prompt in responding. Glo will make sure they sing advert into your ears for at least 30 minutes before they connect you with human agent. It is Etisalat that seems to have removed the human agent link. I do not know much about airtel.

NCC should quickly address this. I don't know why nobody is talking about it.
Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by NnamdiN: 10:53pm On Jan 06, 2016
Smooyis:
Why is it that most networks glo, mtn, Etisalat, AIRTEL etc have deleted or omitted the option that enables one to speak with their service agent when calling the customer care line.

Do they think their simulated computer can address all issues raised. NCC over to you. Stop fighting the wrong battle.
customer care guys can't do anything for you. You'd still be referred back to the office.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ten Places Where You Could Charge Your Phone... / How To Detect Fake SD Cards (memory Cards) / Price Of Tecno Camon CX Air In Nigeria And Other Africa Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.