Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,297 members, 7,815,522 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. (31528 Views)

Latest MTN Service Deactivation Codes!!! / Sim Registration: Crowd At MTN Office Rumuodumaya, Port Harcourt (photo) / Crowd At MTN Office Ikotun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by coonett87: 10:53pm On Jan 06, 2016
I got 10k after completing biometrics but they deducted the whole money within 5 days. The 10k na 1k worth of airtime they are deceiving customers claiming 10k which disappears in a speed of light. My advice to other pple dat got the msg is to try and complete the process to avoid service disruption. I am waiting for them to mention my number among 10k beneficiaries make I finish them.

10k na SCAM from MTN

1 Like

Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by Smooyis(m): 11:02pm On Jan 06, 2016
Lumidee007:
I was there today. I was the guy in corper kaaki trying to force my way into their office. The crowd was so much that i thought something else must be beneath this registration other than free airtime. I gave up after struggling for almost 2hrs.
On my way out of the crowded compound, i saw ppl overtaking me and forcing thier way into a coaster bus parked outside the complex. Immediately i thought in my mind that this must be good news. Without taking a second thought, i hurriedly entered the bus. I asked whr the bus was going and the passangers whr all laughing at me. 'o yu dont know where yu are going and yu join yhe bus'
We were conveyed to another center where there are hundreads of workers with few customers.i didbt spend 10mins at Abesan estate ipaja centre. It was conducive. After our registration, they returned us to our various destinations. MTN really impressed me today. OP you were not lucky.
Im enjoying my 2000# airtime grin

Eeeyah. I will try the abesan office tomorrow. Hope they will also impress me with their quick service. Time is money. Thanks
Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by Smooyis(m): 11:03pm On Jan 06, 2016
Lumidee007:
I was there today. I was the guy in corper kaaki trying to force my way into their office. The crowd was so much that i thought something else must be beneath this registration other than free airtime. I gave up after struggling for almost 2hrs.
On my way out of the crowded compound, i saw ppl overtaking me and forcing thier way into a coaster bus parked outside the complex. Immediately i thought in my mind that this must be good news. Without taking a second thought, i hurriedly entered the bus. I asked whr the bus was going and the passangers whr all laughing at me. 'o yu dont know where yu are going and yu join yhe bus'
We were conveyed to another center where there are hundreads of workers with few customers.i didbt spend 10mins at Abesan estate ipaja centre. It was conducive. After our registration, they returned us to our various destinations. MTN really impressed me today. OP you were not lucky.
Im enjoying my 2000# airtime grin

Eeeyah. I will try the abesan office tomorrow. Hope they will also impress me with their quick service. Time is money. Thanks.
Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by charlesucheh(m): 11:12pm On Jan 06, 2016
[b]
Smooyis:
I was at home yesterday when a friend of mine called me of the free credit being given to selected mtn customers as a means of compensation. I hurriedly entered the code ie *559*40# and sent.

To my amazement, I immediately received a confirmation text that I have been given a bonus of #5,000 credit. I was so so happy. Checking through my balance I did not see the bonus reflect so I called the friend who told me my account would be ready for use today.

Early this morning, another text came that I should go to any of their service centres to complete my biometrics without which I would not be able to access my free credit.

'You have been compensated with N5000 valid for 7 days. To activate, please visit any MTN Registration outlet to update your biometrics. Dial *559*40# to check'

At the ikotun service centre, the situation was very chaotic as I met many customers who had received same message from mtn trying to get entrance into the office without success. Many aged people, nursing mothers were in the sun unattended to for several hours.

When I could not bear it any longer and seeing the way people who have received similar texts were trooping in, I could not withstand the pains of waiting endlessly.

What is MTN really taking us for in this country. Must we go through all these suffering to get our sims registered. Do they subject their own people back in south Africa to such inhumane treatment.

Have you any of such experience. Feel free to share with us.

THEY'RE GETTING THE MONEY, BUT BEING GREEDY AND STINGY IN GIVING OUT COMFORTABLE SERVICES TO THEIR CUSTOMERS. NB: CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP SKILLS CANNOT BE BUILT IN ONE DAY, LET'S LEARN TO EMPLOY PEOPLE WITH BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF HUMAN AND GROUP DYNAMICS, COS THE SH*T OF STAFF I SEE IN MOST MTN OFFICES ARE JUST CRAPS WHEN IT COMES TO HANDLING THEIR CUSTOMERS. BRUV JUST BEAR WITH THEM FOR NOW... GOT SAME MESSAGE TOO, STILLING HOPING TO DO THE SAME IN OTHER TO GET THE 2,000 THEY EARLIER PROMISED TODAY.[/b]
Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by Setaje(f): 11:13pm On Jan 06, 2016
Humblegoodman:
SETAJE, why is it difficult for you to respond to issues without insulting someone. Please learn to be civil next time. Conduct yourself better and respect other peoples opinion. I guess you are a teenager. juvenile delinquency at work.

Which dirty opinion do u have. U are not making sense. You are blaming nigerians for not registering on time. Shows that u are biased and part of the people spoiling this country. Call me whatever you like. You probably cannot even face me. Don't come here yapping dust. Don't blame Nigerians for anything. Blame the government and blame the network. U think u can just come here and be giving us zobo. Telling us u are an insider and siding the network and blaming the citizens. Civil my big fat yansh. Nonsense.
Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by LKO(m): 11:19pm On Jan 06, 2016
rman:

As many times as NCC keeps returning your registration as incomplete, MTN will call you back.

MTN registers, NCC validates. What exactly do want MTN to do? get another fine?

Shame on u and ur incompetent team at MTN. Why always MTN? Didn't other network providers embark on same sim registration? My glo and Etisalat sim was registered since 2010,till date no issue. Arrogant dolt. Stay off my mention, I have zero tolerance for fools. Silly goat.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by Setaje(f): 11:23pm On Jan 06, 2016
rman:

If you burn office , you will be arrested. You may even end up burning and outlet that belongs to trade partner or a building mtn is just a tenant.

So what if they make money, is service not been rendered...black mans mentality of sense of entitlement. MTN is making money, if it is that easy why did your government not do it? Why did Nitel go down?

The situation MTN and her customers find themselves is unfortunate, however, they are just trying to assist a government that has not done the fundamental thing to do her duties. Which develop country do network operators register sims? All you need is a valid ID in developed countries If there is a central data base. will all these wahala be necessary if Nigeria have such?

Registration that info collected is not been referenced or readily verifiable already has a fundamental flaw even if bio-metrics were collected.

Oga no be you I dey follow yarn. Since u put your mouth for the matter. Stop acting as if u are wiser or better than average nigerians. Since u no so much why not apply your plenty senses by writing a report on the many issues about Nigerian citizens and their sense of entitlement. see as all you mtn customer care associates or affiliates are writing rubbish up and down this thread. Am sure none of u or your family members had to queue to register hence u can open your smelly mouths to talk about how we the citizens feel entitled and have no right to get angry wiv mtn. Whether it's the fgs fault or ncc fault or mtn fault . Why should anybody be asked to register up to 6 times. Do u no the hell we got through before registering. I can't even believe u people. It's enough that we struggled to register once. Why are we doing it twice, three times and more. Even old and sickly looking people have to come register and u call that having a sense of entitlement. It is not your fault. You and that other guy claiming to be insider. No be una fault.

The only time a Nigerian gets to lord over others is the only time he has a voice.
Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by dragonking2: 11:23pm On Jan 06, 2016
Setaje:

Are u alright. WTF are u talking about. I have registered twice and they sent me my registration is complete. Under hot sun that I went, queued and fought my way through. And u open your dirty mouth to say nigerians are at fault. You are saying I am at fault for registering twice and I am also at fault for being asked to register a third time. Are u sick or somefin!!!!
Stop displaying ur stupiidity online...He stated clearly that NCC is trying all means to frustrate MTN efforts since ncc is the body that will approve whether the registration is valid or not...meaning, no matter how many time mtn registers a line, ncc can decide to say that it isn't registered properly and will force mtn to call the customers back....Learn to read the write up before dropping trash....Time for me to dust my other sim cards.
Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by Setaje(f): 11:25pm On Jan 06, 2016
LKO:

Shame on u and ur incompetent team at MTN. Why always MTN? Didn't other network providers embark on same sim registration? My glo and Etisalat sim was registered since 2010,till date no issue. Arrogant dolt.

Don't mind them. They are mtn staff. That's why they are talking rubbish. Their family members didn't go and queue under hot sun. Hence they are here blaming citizens.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by 9jatatafo(m): 11:25pm On Jan 06, 2016
There is no free biscuit in free town. If MTN like let them text me that I have been compensated with one million dollars credit, na OYO for them. Nigerians and awuf
Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by Setaje(f): 11:27pm On Jan 06, 2016
dragonking2:
Stop displaying ur stupiidity online...He stated clearly that NCC is trying all means to frustrate MTN efforts since ncc is the body that will approve whether the registration is valid or not...meaning, no matter how many time mtn registers a line, ncc can decide to say that it isn't registered properly and will force mtn to call the customers back....Learn to read the write up before dropping trash....Time for me to dust my other sim cards.

It is you that is very $tupid if u cannot see that I am attacking their statements in blaming the citizens. Next time read well before flying into discussions. You did not see them stylishly blaming us. Is that what they are meant to say. Abeg fly commot for here.
Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by dragonking2: 11:31pm On Jan 06, 2016
Setaje:

It is you that is very $tupid if u cannot see that I am attacking their statements in blaming the citizens. Next time read well before flying into discussions. You did not see them stylishly blaming us. Is that what they are meant to say. Abeg fly commot for here.
Blaming which citizens? Or are you just daft in comprehension.... Abeg go back to school and stop displaying your sheer stupiidity online.
Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by Setaje(f): 11:37pm On Jan 06, 2016
dragonking2:
Blaming which citizens? Or are you just daft in comprehension.... Abeg go back to school and stop displaying your sheer stupiidity online.

Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by Humblegoodman: 8:29pm

Text messages were sent to subscribers who do not have complete information in MTN's data base to come register their sims as required by NCC. You know Nigerians, the way they behave, many people ignored the messages. That is the way they also sit at home during elections without going out to vote. Now, MTN sent you a message of free credit, you rushed to their office to go and collect it. You think they are fools? you have to register your line first before you can access the free bonus. long throat go kill una.

Unfortunately, majority of the people you are trying to educate already have bias mind towards MTN. You knowand uderstand exactly what is going on but the average Nigerian thinks MTN is the enemy. Why will a regulator be all out to kill the market leader? That is the underlying question Nigerians should be asking.

They are angry they have registered thrice sometimes five times, however it is actually NCC that keeps rejecting these registrations by refusing to validate them on time. How is that MTNs fault? I am an insider too. Have a nice day.

Don't we have a right to be angry??

This is what the second guy wrote. So tell me who is daft between both of us. I have read your earlier post. I wouldn't have replied you. You think porting will change everything. Don't worry. When NCC will bring another law regarding people that port, I wonder what your daft self will say this time.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by dragonking2: 11:48pm On Jan 06, 2016
Setaje:

Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by Humblegoodman: 8:29pm

Text messages were sent to subscribers who do not have complete information in MTN's data base to come register their sims as required by NCC. You know Nigerians, the way they behave, many people ignored the messages. That is the way they also sit at home during elections without going out to vote. Now, MTN sent you a message of free credit, you rushed to their office to go and collect it. You think they are fools? you have to register your line first before you can access the free bonus. long throat go kill una.

Now tell me the part that he was wrong? Don't Nigerians wait for last minute rush before they get things done? Do you think as mtn stingy reach they will give you 10k credit just like that? That was the best way to lure out the stubborn, pig headed Nigerians out to persuade them to register their lines...BVN registration, Nigerians were fo0lish not to come out until banks had to block peoples account....Voters registration, we all know the story....Nigerians love last minute rush hence he is right to put the blame on Nigerians too....I blame MTN for being useless and not capturing customers details first time. I blame most Nigerians because many are just dumb and won't come to do the right thing even if the registration is done in their bedrooms, and I also blame the ncc for it is now obvious that they are trying to squeeze out money from a company for their selfish needs....Once mtn pays the fine, you won't share in the N1.04tn
Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by Setaje(f): 11:59pm On Jan 06, 2016
dragonking2:
Now tell me the part that he was wrong? Don't Nigerians wait for last minute rush before they get things done? Do you think as mtn stingy reach they will give you 10k credit just like that? That was the best way to lure out the stubborn, pig headed Nigerians out to persuade them to register their lines...BVN registration, Nigerians were fo0lish not to come out until banks had to block peoples account....Voters registration, we all know the story....Nigerians love last minute rush hence he is right to put the blame on Nigerians too....I blame MTN for being useless and not capturing customers details first time. I blame most Nigerians because many are just dumb and won't come to do the right thing even if the registration is done in their bedrooms, and I also blame the ncc for it is now obvious that they are trying to squeeze out money from a company for their selfish needs....Once mtn pays the fine, you won't share in the N1.04tn

He might not be wrong for blaming nigerians as per our last minute rush. Do u no there was a first time we were all asked to register. Which I did early 2014. A lot of people actually did theirs then. What happened to their data? Why are such people being called to register again? Infact my dad registered 2014 too. Same as my mum. In the same place. He wasn't affected. But my mum was affected. Do u no that when she went to re-register December last year, she was told someone else registered their name on her Sim. Do I blame NCC for that? We cannot exonerate mtn from all this and that is my anger wiv this so called mtn insiders. mtn, fg, NCC are very incompetent. They cannot do this in a civilised country . This was the first thing they should have done when they entered Nigeria. How does anyone buy a sim wivout registering it first. Is this how they did theirs in South Africa. Why come to nigeria and do rubbish. They didn't care for the citizens because the government too did not care. All they wanted was profit. Am sorry for the name calling. Am just really upset.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by olumide4christ: 12:10am On Jan 07, 2016
HateU2:
They have been sending me that message since last year and I have been ignoring it. If they like, make they block d line. I can't go nd stay under d sun 4 hours bcox of them. I'm a customer for Christ's sake.

MTN want to turn this SIM registration and re-registration to queuing for fuel during fuel scarcity. Despite all the fuel scarcity that has taken place since last year, I have never queued for 4 hours, talkless of doing that for SIM re-registration, after doing it in 2010 and then in September 2015.

I was at their Akoka office at Chemist bus stop last week and today, see the crowds of people outside under the canopy and inside the office. I had to turn back. They have been sending 'warning messages' to me that my line may be blocked; I'll try one of their offices at V/Island next week when I go for a meeting. If the crowd is too much and I can't do the re-registration, I'm porting to Etisalat straight and I'll retain my number. At least I've called Etisalat today and they say its real, I only need to bring a valid ID.

At least I've tried with MTN after 11 years of patronage.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by dragonking2: 12:10am On Jan 07, 2016
Setaje:

He might not be wrong for blaming nigerians as per our last minute rush. Do u no there was a first time we were all asked to register. Which I did early 2014. A lot of people actually did theirs then. What happened to their data? Why are such people being called to register again? Infact my dad registered 2014 too. Same as my mum. In the same place. He wasn't affected. But my mum was affected. Do u no that when she went to re-register December last year, she was told someone else registered their name on her Sim. Do I blame NCC for that? We cannot exonerate mtn from all this and that is my anger wiv this so called mtn insiders. mtn, fg, NCC are very incompetent. They cannot do this in a civilised country . This was the first thing they should have done when they entered Nigeria. How does anyone buy a sim wivout registering it first. Is this how they did theirs in South Africa. Why come to nigeria and do rubbish. They didn't care for the citizens because the government too did not care. All they wanted was profit. Am sorry for the name calling. Am just really upset.
I am also sorry for the name calling, please forgive me...Secondly, the first registration mtn did was total rubbish and that's why I blame mtn for being useless...They deserve a fine but why didn't ncc take action all this while? Now, from that guys right up, ncc is the body that gives the final say whether a line is registered or not..It might get worst as they are now battling the fine issue in court...So even if your line is fully registered, it is left for ncc to reject it still or accept it...Nigerians are no exception....Several people didn't even register their lines the first time as many bought an already registered sim...My nneighbor is a perfect example....Tell him to register and see how he is complaining.....Nigerians are very difficult people to manage, hence I blame all parties involved... Am sorry once again.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by olumide4christ: 12:30am On Jan 07, 2016
Humblegoodman:
It is good to enlighten people on what they don't understand. The problem is from NCC. When customers are registered and data forwarded to NCC for them to save in their data base, they ignore it , ostensibly because they are out to sabotage MTN. After a while when these datas are not saved by NCC, they return to MTN as incomplete registration. This means that MTN will have to painfully invite the customers again for another round of registration. People don't understand what is happening here.It is not the wish of the company to see customers suffer. NCC is not happy that MTN has instituted a court case against them because of the outrageous fine imposed on MTN.They are doing everything possible to undermine the company, thereby making them lose customers. Can you be truthful for once? Ask me why on earth should NCC impose a fine of 250,000 for a sim that hitherto did not have a complete registration. Is it fair? why use a hammer to kill a musquito?

In October 2014, NCC wrote to MTN telling them to within 7 days disconnect 5.1 million lines that have incomplete data in their system. After due consideration of the situation, MTN met with NCC to discuss the issue with them.Technically, MTN cannot disconnect 5.1 million lines in 7 days. Secondly, Disconnecting these huge number of customers from the network will cause untold hardship to them, reason being that a whole lot of them use the lines for their businesses. Many use it to look for their daily bread. Moreso, MTN will lose huge amount of money by doing that.

MTN pleaded with NCC to allow them do the disconnection batch by batch so that registering them again will not overwhelm the company. NCC refused bluntly. In the course of the negotiation, 7 days elapsed. The next thing MTN saw was a letter asking them to pay a fine of 1.04 trillion. Now, that fine is about 25% of the total value of MTN. MTN saw that fine as absolutely outrageous , uncalled for and a witch hunt. Since MTN does not have such huge amount of money to pay the fine, they went to court to seek redress. Now, all parties will have to maintain the status quo untill the matter is determined by the court. Those who do not have information about what is happening should know now. I'M an insider, so i know what's happening.

[b]My bros, at the bolded above, that fine of N200,000 (though you said N250,000) was an agreement that NCC signed with ALL the network providers for Sim registration as a deterrent that would enable the network providers ensure that all SIMS they sold were registered, as one of the ways to boost the country's intelligence in the fight against Boko Haram insurgency. It was discovered through investigation that many lines being used by the insurgents and even the people who involved in kidnapping were MTN lines with no registration.

My sister-in-law who works in NCC Headquarters, Abuja told us this. So, it is wrong for you to try to insinuate that NCC is trying to witchhunt MTN, and not the other networks. Like so many people have said here, I have an Etisalat line and I have never been disturbed by them for any re-registration. Infact I even went to check the status of my line one day, the only issue was that the title was Mrs instead of Mr, my picture and other details were there, and the title was changed.[/b]

1 Like

Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by Smooyis(m): 12:41am On Jan 07, 2016
charlesucheh:
THEY'RE GETTING THE MONEY, BUT BEING GREEDY AND STINGY IN GIVING OUT COMFORTABLE SERVICES TO THEIR CUSTOMERS. NB: CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP SKILLS CANNOT BE BUILT IN ONE DAY, LET'S LEARN TO EMPLOY PEOPLE WITH BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF HUMAN AND GROUP DYNAMICS, COS THE SH*T OF STAFF I SEE IN MOST MTN OFFICES ARE JUST CRAPS WHEN IT COMES TO HANDLING THEIR CUSTOMERS. BRUV JUST BEAR WITH THEM FOR NOW... GOT SAME MESSAGE TOO, STILLING HOPING TO DO THE SAME IN OTHER TO GET THE 2,000 THEY EARLIER PROMISED TODAY.

I must confess that one of the ladies I spoke with at the ikotun service centre named TOYIN was well mannered. Despite all the vituperation I made out of anger having queued in the sun, she remained calm, apologetic of the situation and showed much understanding. We need more of such people at the various centres.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by Nyceguy92: 2:01am On Jan 07, 2016
[quote author=Smooyis post=41713619]

I had a need for a temporary line last year.
I opted for MTN 'cos we had other lines in the house.

Shortly after activation, I was bombarded with all manner of unsolicited text messages, followed later by deductions from my account.

No need to bore you with what you already know about their poor customer service. One useless employee cut the line on me. He would not provide his name, contrary to universal practice.

How does one keep up with the quantum of text messages and respond to them so one doesn't get charged otherwise.

I simply ported to another service provider.
I think the days of MTN are numbered.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by happy21: 2:29am On Jan 07, 2016
Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by henryhemon(m): 4:17am On Jan 07, 2016
I did my registration and 2 weeks after I was asked to come verify my finger prints,same thing that was carried out during registration,I ignored those arseholes . Received the 5k message,they can only get gullible Nigerians with 5k recharge card gist. I will ignore their uselessness of they like they can block me who cares.
Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by Smooyis(m): 5:52am On Jan 07, 2016
Oghumu1:
Register or no register, I'm surfing the net and downloading . MTN Una rock!! Make NCC never ban Una because I'm still collecting back all my money u pple have scammed me. #PaybackTimeMtn

Hmmmm not the best way though
Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by vekson(m): 6:27am On Jan 07, 2016
Sometimes we nigerians react out of ignorance, what MTN is currently going through is as a result of them refusing to block the sum of 5.1million unregistered lines due to the negligence of some nigerians that refuse to come and re-register their lines after getting series of messages from mtn as regards this registretion process. Now that NCC have fined mtn the sum of 1.3trilion naira for refusing to block those lines, we nigerians are now condeming that same mtn that refuse to block lines as demanded by NCC. Let's see what ending of january will look like.
Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by JamesPanya: 6:29am On Jan 07, 2016
Mtn must pay for this weather they like it or not.
Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by Nobody: 7:36am On Jan 07, 2016
Me too bro. I have been using my glo line to call my personal person. I'm finally porting to Glo. I have been using MTN since 2007. They can do whatever they wanna do, can't queue for ATM not to talk of sim registration
olumide4christ:

MTN want to turn this SIM registration and re-registration to queuing for fuel during fuel scarcity. Despite all the fuel scarcity that has taken place since last year, I have never queued for 4 hours, talkless of doing that for SIM re-registration, after doing it in 2010 and then in September 2015.

I was at their Akoka office at Chemist bus stop last week and today, see the crowds of people outside under the canopy and inside the office. I had to turn back. They have been sending 'warning messages' to me that my line may be blocked; I'll try one of their offices at V/Island next week when I go for a meeting. If the crowd is too much and I can't do the re-registration, I'm porting to Etisalat straight and I'll retain my number. At least I've called Etisalat today and they say its real, I only need to bring a valid ID.

At least I've tried with MTN after 11 years of patronage.
Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by rman: 7:36am On Jan 07, 2016
whitebone:

I like your argument.. You have a good point.

But why is mtn own too much like for that matter? Take for instance I have done registration again and again 3 good times yet today mtn still send me message to do it again... Why is it always like that with mtn but other networks don't do that?

MTN CEO right now can't provide answer to your question. That is where the problem is. MTN collects the information and submit to NCC and NCC still return majority that it should be done again. So MTN will call such a customer back to come and do it again. They have even asked NCC to ensure this is done real time, which means, they should be unable to submit information that will be rejected so that right there the customer will know something is still wrong but that isn't the case.

So when you register and mtn says done...it is still actually technically pending, until ncc approves it.

For the other operators, their is intelligent report that mtn have done basically the same thing like others so we wonder mtn's registration is the one being bounced.

At least Nigeria is a multisiming market, what is the difference between how mtn register their sim and how Glo does hers if you are customer with both sim?
Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by Nobody: 7:37am On Jan 07, 2016
Say NO to MTN
Smooyis:

Exactly my point. Taking we the customers for a ride is what I detest. I know how much I d spend on the network daily.
Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by djblue007(m): 7:38am On Jan 07, 2016
Smooyis:
I was at home yesterday when a friend of mine called me of the free credit being given to selected mtn customers as a means of compensation. I hurriedly entered the code ie *559*40# and sent.

To my amazement, I immediately received a confirmation text that I have been given a bonus of #5,000 credit. I was so so happy. Checking through my balance I did not see the bonus reflect so I called the friend who told me my account would be ready for use today.

Early this morning, another text came that I should go to any of their service centres to complete my biometrics without which I would not be able to access my free credit.

'You have been compensated with N5000 valid for 7 days. To activate, please visit any MTN Registration outlet to update your biometrics. Dial *559*40# to check'

At the ikotun service centre, the situation was very chaotic as I met many customers who had received same message from mtn trying to get entrance into the office without success. Many aged people, nursing mothers were in the sun unattended to for several hours.

When I could not bear it any longer and seeing the way people who have received similar texts were trooping in, I could not withstand the pains of waiting endlessly.

What is MTN really taking us for in this country. Must we go through all these suffering to get our sims registered. Do they subject their own people back in south Africa to such inhumane treatment.

Have you any of such experience. Feel free to share with us.

I as a person experienced the MTN SIM registration palava twice in the 4th quarter of the just ended 2015 in spite of the fact that I had fully done my SIM registration when it was first mandated. To my surprised I used to check my registration status with the *789# and the response was always '' your registration details are up-to-date until I was disconnected even unnotified with an SMS.
After the first registration with ''survival of the fittest'' experience I was still blocked again in a space of two weeks.
It was only one MTN outlet here in Akure doing the reconnection.
Having known that I got to the centre as early as 4am in the morning but I was 103 on the queue. It was this very day in the afternoon that some guys who couldn't withstand standing since the midnight and seeing some geogeously dressed Baba-Olowo's bypass the queue and allowed in without considering the waiting-stressed out crowd under the scorching sun in front of the air-tight MTN outlet started to engage in free-for-all with the staff.
They informed the soldiers and the police before it could be resolved. A guy sustained a deep cut in his right arm that day. It was after he was treated at a nearby clinic that he was allowed to register.
Do you believe I couldn't still get my registration done that day?
I had to leave in frustration with one female septuagenarian whose age was not regarded.
The second day I accidentally dialled a number and it just went through meaning my line had been reconnected even without registration. To ascertain if it had so pleased MTN to make me undergo this bad experience, I dialled the usual *789# code and the registration was complete.
Was that an error or what?
I was never compensated with #1 bonus. I only tried to undergo the reconnection palava because that line is my main line. Otherwise I would have dumped it and got another network SIM.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by deardevil(m): 7:45am On Jan 07, 2016
Warlord3000:
Did mine today at the ARENA in oshodi
. And it's quite easy and fast to do..

Now am. Using my 2k compensation already..

Sorry about your travails

Bro please which side for oshodi you do ur on.... Pls where is arena located at oshodi

Pls dis my wassap num, 08168891648
Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by rman: 7:53am On Jan 07, 2016
Setaje:

Oga no be you I dey follow yarn. Since u put your mouth for the matter. Stop acting as if u are wiser or better than average nigerians. Since u no so much why not apply your plenty senses by writing a report on the many issues about Nigerian citizens and their sense of entitlement. see as all you mtn customer care associates or affiliates are writing rubbish up and down this thread. Am sure none of u or your family members had to queue to register hence u can open your smelly mouths to talk about how we the citizens feel entitled and have no right to get angry wiv mtn. Whether it's the fgs fault or ncc fault or mtn fault . Why should anybody be asked to register up to 6 times. Do u no the hell we got through before registering. I can't even believe u people. It's enough that we struggled to register once. Why are we doing it twice, three times and more. Even old and sickly looking people have to come register and u call that having a sense of entitlement. It is not your fault. You and that other guy claiming to be insider. No be una fault.

The only time a Nigerian gets to lord over others is the only time he has a voice.

Atop displaying your abysmal ignorance. Think deep and you will understand you are just a victim of an inefficient system. Don't blame mtn for that. Shikena. If ncc rejects your registration 100 times, mtn will call u back 100 times. Getting angry won't prevent that.

All other things said is just a display of your own insecurities, no one is lording over u.
Re: My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. by rman: 7:55am On Jan 07, 2016
Setaje:

Stop displaying your abysmal ignorance. Think deep and you will understand you are just a victim of an inefficient system. Don't blame mtn for that. Shikena. If ncc rejects your registration 100 times, mtn will call u back 100 times. Getting angry won't prevent that.

All other things said is just a display of your own insecurities, no one is lording over u.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ten Places Where You Could Charge Your Phone... / How To Detect Fake SD Cards (memory Cards) / Price Of Tecno Camon CX Air In Nigeria And Other Africa Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.