Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,976 members, 7,952,926 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:30 AM

Job Resignation. .. - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Job Resignation. .. (24083 Views)

Resignation Letter Format / Drama In The Office As I Tender My Resignation After Getting A New Job. / Check Out This Resignation Letter (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Job Resignation. .. by yemoxyl(m): 8:56am On Jan 07, 2016
Kano ke!! Op don't risk your life oo,when there is life there is hope
Re: Job Resignation. .. by KanoAbiaBabe(f): 8:57am On Jan 07, 2016
Mrlekan07034617:

My dear you no lie jare!!!!! Don't mind people let them be shivering like something I don't know. I settled in Fagge LGA for sometime before moving to Sabon-gari LGA, mheeeeeen I really had fun to d fullest!!!

Not even with the sight of IGBO boys making crazy money over there both office executives and shop traders. U will notice small boys below 22-23 driving good cars living large (in fact I'm really think seriously)

I got to chat with a guy on my way back who worked for Dangote Group of companies, he was transfered to Kaduna nd he got 3bedroom flat for 100k for a year(including all d agreement ooo) in Kaduna south. Now tell me where can u get that in lagos here?

Even of the Shiites stuff newspapers painted heavily negative wasn't it at all. I was in Zaria(Kaduna) and a day after everything died down. But here in lagos weeks after the papers keep writing rubbish on zaria.
Your head dey there. Lol
My aunt came to spend christmas with us she couldn't believe what she saw,she was like 'I dey lagos dey get HBP for una because of bokoharam but una dey live as if na lagos una dey' Come and see how lively ktown was during this festive season.
Most organizations encourage their staffs to grow academically I doubt if it is common in the southwest or east. My younger brother got a job with ND in FBN,he continued his studies,graduated,served(ghost corper),presently he is at the final stage of confirmation as a core staff. That's one of the few privilege of working in the north.

1 Like

Re: Job Resignation. .. by LastProphet: 9:00am On Jan 07, 2016
divalindiway:

What are you saying?
Why are you exposing your myopic and pessimistic nature here

there is no southerner here that agrees with you except one that has never heard of Islamic riots in northern Nigeria. so mr opstimistic Muslim, Kano religious riots by your brothers is propaganda abi?
Re: Job Resignation. .. by KanoAbiaBabe(f): 9:03am On Jan 07, 2016
crixtex:
Lol... tnxx sis.
You r welcome bro. Ask God for direction and you won't regret your step. All the best

1 Like

Re: Job Resignation. .. by LastProphet: 9:13am On Jan 07, 2016
DEngineer:
Bros, all the people asking you to go have no idea wat a "field engineer" do.......am a field engineer (Telecomms), i can get to be posted to lekki where there are no area boys palava and work is fine. .....i got posted to idimu sometimes where everyone is a potential area boy. Such is wat u find in field engineering. I grew up in kano 1985 - 1999. Many people are right about kano being safe so that's a plus. But some areas in kano are also deadly. You must also take great caution if ur job involves climbing the mast cuz from my experience working field engineering in d north. You will get to see naked hausa wives from above and the husband wount hesitate to shoot u down with arrows. Always notify the community weneva u have to carry out an all night job or climb up. So bro go to kano........God will guide u. And use ur head, if u r a good Christian, don't go about preaching the gospel of Jesus in public or in office, they will laff with u and at d first opportunity, they will mark u out and hurt u. Try blend in. You will make more money there than in lagos. I guess u got ur job pretty fairly cuz no one wants to go to kano........lastly, don't expect a closely knitted settlement where one site of work is close to the other. Kano is large and hav a desert looking terrain, so ask for security personnel while going far away from the city. You must follow my advice to stay alive in kano......if you womanize, don't mess with their pretty daughters, if u drink don't try it in public, all this rules applies cuz u r a field engineer. Most likely u will not b going to a office, ull get your daily assignment via email and from home you will head to work. Go to kano, show your mum this reply. Its real life story. You will likely become a better man living in kano dan u will be living wherever here down south. Naija no get job o.......take this one and add value to yourself academically. God bless you.....

am not the OP but thank you for this great advice. everything you said here is 100 percent correct. OP take heed here o
Re: Job Resignation. .. by Femich18(m): 9:58am On Jan 07, 2016
micca:
guy if papa and mama d talk lyk these liston 2 dem sometym is d wrd 4rm God

Guy nt in all cases. Most times its the fear of the unknown that makes them to voice that out. As a man must he stay in dre house? Dey are not always right in most cases that's my take
Re: Job Resignation. .. by zivility: 10:46am On Jan 07, 2016
You are not a woman - how do you intend to know ur country when you dont take such opportunities. strive to be wiser
Re: Job Resignation. .. by ffrreeee(f): 12:00pm On Jan 07, 2016
Pls go, if its worth it. I got my new job in Kano few months ago, and everybody was scared at first. But all my family members are now happy that I didn't turn down d offer. In fact I just had admission in ABU Zaria, so I'm now a northerner in a way, and I'm really enjoying it. There are opportunities in the north, or where will you get a lecturing job in a federal university in the west with first degree(not as a graduate assistant o), and gaining admission for masters prog for a competitive program at first attempt? And the school is ready to sponsor me if I wish. Although, I'm nt applying for any sponsorship so they won't ask me to sign any bond with them. I want to be free to leave anytime I wish. Pray, be watchful, don't trespass and pray again. Good luck

1 Like

Re: Job Resignation. .. by efosa2: 12:22pm On Jan 07, 2016
okay... check the safety
i guess there are two place in kano
south n North
i hope the company provding accomodation, if no
Rent house in South, well everything is God
But be watchful, limit urself, every move u make.
i
Re: Job Resignation. .. by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jan 07, 2016
DEngineer:
Bros, all the people asking you to go have no idea wat a "field engineer" do.......am a field engineer (Telecomms), i can get to be posted to lekki where there are no area boys palava and work is fine. .....i got posted to idimu sometimes where everyone is a potential area boy. Such is wat u find in field engineering. I grew up in kano 1985 - 1999. Many people are right about kano being safe so that's a plus. But some areas in kano are also deadly. You must also take great caution if ur job involves climbing the mast cuz from my experience working field engineering in d north. You will get to see naked hausa wives from above and the husband wount hesitate to shoot u down with arrows. Always notify the community weneva u have to carry out an all night job or climb up. So bro go to kano........God will guide u. And use ur head, if u r a good Christian, don't go about preaching the gospel of Jesus in public or in office, they will laff with u and at d first opportunity, they will mark u out and hurt u. Try blend in. You will make more money there than in lagos. I guess u got ur job pretty fairly cuz no one wants to go to kano........lastly, don't expect a closely knitted settlement where one site of work is close to the other. Kano is large and hav a desert looking terrain, so ask for security personnel while going far away from the city. You must follow my advice to stay alive in kano......if you womanize, don't mess with their pretty daughters, if u drink don't try it in public, all this rules applies cuz u r a field engineer. Most likely u will not b going to a office, ull get your daily assignment via email and from home you will head to work. Go to kano, show your mum this reply. Its real life story. You will likely become a better man living in kano dan u will be living wherever here down south. Naija no get job o.......take this one and add value to yourself academically. God bless you.....
Yea bro... im a field engineer o... we work on d power(generators) and u know we gat to work at night at times... and u know how all ds religious things can be.... I feel like dropping d job...
Re: Job Resignation. .. by alatbaba1(m): 1:25pm On Jan 07, 2016
crixtex:
Nairalanders grin... Alright y'all know I just got a job. I expected d job to be in lagos bub right now d company has said we would be transferring to Kano to work...
I m prepared to go, buh my parents are at loggerheads with me.. my Dad even said I should resign... iono wat to do o..
Pls I need ur advices... is kano safe for ND guy like me.. etc..
Shud I go to Kano, or shud I resign and kip sitting at home wit my parents again o... tnx..

Kano is not as bad as u ppl think. I'm a Yoruba. Born and brought up in Lagos. But work as equally taken me to kano for the past 4 yrs. It's not war everyday in here.

Kano is a lovely place. It's like Lagos bussiness wise. Lots of fun if u like fun. Cheap cost of living.

If the job n pay is reasonable? Accept it one hand n don't think abt the bad report from kano.

Ppl die every day and everywhere.

Don't b scared.
Re: Job Resignation. .. by henryhemon(m): 3:45pm On Jan 07, 2016
Filmewell:

i dont think he said that literally

Your personal text I like but it seems you have been 'really' heartbroken before?
Re: Job Resignation. .. by cooooooks(m): 8:24am On Jan 08, 2016
Ephesians 5:31 "For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife, and they two shall come to be one flesh"

2 Thessalonians 3:10 "For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat"

TruthisOut:
If you are a Christian, remember the injunction with a promise of a long life

"Children obey your parent in everything"

It is really a tough decision to make but Boko Haram is real.
Re: Job Resignation. .. by busybeei5(f): 1:10pm On Jan 08, 2016
ksstroud:

Ogini Biko.. M
tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Meet Benny Eigbe, Beautiful Nigerian Female Painter / How Do I Save And Invest From My Salary? / NNPC Or A First Generation Bank?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.