Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,890 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Job Resignation. .. - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Job Resignation. .. (23938 Views)

Resignation Letter Format / Drama In The Office As I Tender My Resignation After Getting A New Job. / Check Out This Resignation Letter (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Job Resignation. .. by obiak4(m): 10:29pm On Jan 06, 2016
crixtex:
Nairalanders grin... Alright y'all know I just got a job. I expected d job to be in lagos bub right now d company has said we would be transferring to Kano to work...
I m prepared to go, buh my parents are at loggerheads with me.. my Dad even said I should resign... iono wat to do o..
Pls I need ur advices... is kano safe for ND guy like me.. etc..
Shud I go to Kano, or shud I resign and kip sitting at home wit my parents again o... tnx..
kano is safe it just like lagos no mans land if u can communicate in hausa,
cost of living relatively cheap compared to other cities,
the choice is yours in IMO i would go because am addicted to travelling,customs n tradition of places not hearsay

would soon visit sokoto,kaduna,kebbi,lafia #unitednationsfieldtrip
Re: Job Resignation. .. by Mrlekan07034617: 10:36pm On Jan 06, 2016
arabianights:

On point and yet its Lagos that needs deliverance from the high rate of crime and violence.dont know why they keep deceiving themselves that living in the north is like death sentence and people will end up being backward and slow thinkers.

Have you being to sokoto? oh my goodness...clean,calm,low crime rate,good roads, good hospitals.Infact their federal hospital is one of the best in Cancer research and treatment .This was even confirmed on NTA during cancer awareness week last year

Hmmmm if you don't do the traveling although stressful except u go on air. I was in wammako LGA nd Wurno LGA, "Ooooo booooy!!" You need to see how things are; tarred roads, confirm electricity, good water and to my shock I bought a bag of sachet water (pure water) and was told its just N60 when I was preparing to pay 120+.

Believe me the Media is killing those areas!!!!

1 Like

Re: Job Resignation. .. by arabianights: 10:40pm On Jan 06, 2016
Mrlekan07034617:

Hmmmm if you don't do the traveling although stressful except u go on air. I was in wammako LGA nd Wurno LGA, "Ooooo booooy!!" You need to see how things are tarred roads, confirm electricity, good water and to my shock I bought a bag of sachet water (pure water) and was told its just N60 when I was preparing to pay 120+.

Believe me the Media is killing those areas!!!!

Its as if theres a propaganda to ensure north remains undeveloped.Its also painful that the governors of the 19 states arent helping matters...just look at Zaria for example,still the same after all those years!

food is soo cheap in the north, the average hausa man eats salad daily!
Re: Job Resignation. .. by arabianights: 10:42pm On Jan 06, 2016
obiak4:

kano is safe it just like lagos no mans land if u can communicate in hausa,
cost of living relatively cheap compared to other cities,
the choice is yours in IMO i would go because am addicted to travelling,customs n tradition of places not hearsay

would soon visit sokoto,kaduna,kebbi,lafia #unitednationsfieldtrip

Please when you go, come and gist all those fish brains on Nairaland....am sure you will love sokoto and Kaduna as for kebbi, welll ,.............past governments no try for them sha including that lafia
Re: Job Resignation. .. by Cholls(m): 10:46pm On Jan 06, 2016
Mrlekan07034617:

My dear you no lie jare!!!!! Don't mind people let them be shivering like something I don't know. I settled in Fagge LGA for sometime before moving to Sabon-gari LGA, mheeeeeen I really had fun to d fullest!!!

Not even with the sight of IGBO boys making crazy money over there both office executives and shop traders. U will notice small boys below 22-23 driving good cars living large (in fact I'm really think seriously)

I got to chat with a guy on my way back who worked for Dangote Group of companies, he was transfered to Kaduna nd he got 3bedroom flat for 100k for a year(including all d agreement ooo) in Kaduna south. Now tell me where can u get that in lagos here?

Even of the Shiites stuff newspapers painted heavily negative wasn't it at all. I was in Zaria(Kaduna) and a day after everything died down. But here in lagos weeks after the papers keep writing rubbish on zaria.
my brother now you have succeeded in gaving them your address....they're coming for you.
Re: Job Resignation. .. by Ay04z(m): 10:48pm On Jan 06, 2016
Which area in kano b4 i comment?...many parts are safe there except one region u must not near at all.
Re: Job Resignation. .. by megalith18731: 10:48pm On Jan 06, 2016
I schooled in minna for 5 years, served in sokoto for a year, but I am still very much alive.
Bros media dey overhype tins wella. Be ye not deceived by what ye c on d news.
Go ye n prosper.
But in case u still decide to listen to ur parents, abeg transfer ur employment letter to me sharpally. I dey find job.
Re: Job Resignation. .. by Mrlekan07034617: 10:50pm On Jan 06, 2016
Cholls:
my brother now you have succeeded in gaving them your address....they're coming for you.

Lolz who's coming for me? No one my dear please u and other Nigerians should wake up already. This hausa nd fulani guys are all getting smarter now almost in everything; tech, skill acquisition and so on.....
Re: Job Resignation. .. by LastProphet: 10:57pm On Jan 06, 2016
you can go and do the work for like 2 months before forming an opinion on the town. do the following in kano:
1. make sure you stay in no other place than sabongari, no place in kano is safer than there for strangers
2. Get a radio and be tuned in to a local channel 24/7 to know what goes on in town
3. every Friday appear in native cloth with the cap sef
4. find out how safe the environment of your office is and history of violence
5. learn hausa asap. for a start know the hausa names for sword, knife, enemy, infidel, unbeliever, heaven, etc, these words might save your life one day
6. don't get used to traveling by road to kano, reason is that you must pass one part of Kaduna town known as bypass dominated by muslims. many times in the past they have slaughtered travelers who didn't hear of ongoing riots
7. avoid their women, again,avoid their women - you will be slaughtered insha allahuu
Re: Job Resignation. .. by ODUBEZE: 10:59pm On Jan 06, 2016
crixtex:
Nairalanders grin... Alright y'all know I just got a job. I expected d job to be in lagos bub right now d company has said we would be transferring to Kano to work...
I m prepared to go, buh my parents are at loggerheads with me.. my Dad even said I should resign... iono wat to do o..
Pls I need ur advices... is kano safe for ND guy like me.. etc..
Shud I go to Kano, or shud I resign and kip sitting at home wit my parents again o... tnx..
Your parents are only being concern about your well being as every good parents will do. They do not want to lose U.
---

All U have to do is to assure them of God's protection over you and move on.
---

If not a time will come then you will be frustrated! U might even vent your anger on them for not allowing you to try!
---

Remember that there are so many people in Kano.
All you need is Gods' protection.
I wish U long life and the very best!
Re: Job Resignation. .. by Poseidon000: 11:00pm On Jan 06, 2016
AnakinSkywalker:

Me I no go Kano o. undecided

Too volatile.

One Friday some cartoonist can draw something in Sweden and then we have carnage in Nigeria.

Too volatile.

But let us assume I did, I will try to blend in as much as I can.

I will even nurture a beard.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
gringrin
Re: Job Resignation. .. by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jan 06, 2016
ODUBEZE:

Your parents are only being concern about your well being as every good parents will do. They do not want to lose U.
---

All U have to do is to assure them of God's protection over you and move on.
---

If not a time will come then you will be frustrated! U might even vent your anger on them for not allowing you to try!
---

Remember that there are so many people in Kano.
All you need is Gods' protection.
I wish U long life and the very best!
Thanks bro...

1 Like

Re: Job Resignation. .. by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jan 06, 2016
LastProphet:
you can go and do the work for like 2 months before forming an opinion on the town. do the following in kano:
1. make sure you stay in no other place than sabongari, no place in kano is safer than there for strangers
2. Get a radio and be tuned in to a local channel 24/7 to know what goes on in town
5. learn hausa asap. for a start know the hausa names for sword, knife, enemy, infidel, unbeliever, heaven, etc, these words might save your life one day
6. don't get used to traveling by road to kano, reason is that you must pass one part of Kaduna town known as bypass dominated by muslims. many times in the past they have slaughtered travelers who didn't hear of ongoing riots
7. avoid their women, again,avoid their women - you will be slaughtered insha allahuu
Yez o... Advice heeded.. grin... I ve me own woman...
Re: Job Resignation. .. by Kakamorufu(m): 11:09pm On Jan 06, 2016
go for it bro... many are looking formopportunities like that
Re: Job Resignation. .. by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jan 06, 2016
Ay04z:
Which area in kano b4 i comment?...many parts are safe there except one region u must not near at all.
Bro... wat region??
Re: Job Resignation. .. by murphyrichy(m): 11:46pm On Jan 06, 2016
I believed that by now after reading all this suggestions online you will be confused. Next time learn how to follow your heart, that's makes you stronger.
Re: Job Resignation. .. by ekjerez(m): 11:47pm On Jan 06, 2016
kano is not a nice place oooooh! pls listen to your parents cos you will not have peace of mind while there .is not just risk but living here so weigh ur actions' be prepared for bad except na your destiny.but if I were u I won't bother finding out
Re: Job Resignation. .. by Whykee: 12:16am On Jan 07, 2016
Go
Re: Job Resignation. .. by Nobody: 3:31am On Jan 07, 2016
Listen to your parents reason @ Op, nobody in this forum would have your interest at heart like they do. Forget what outsiders are telling you on why the experience is good. Your family first.
Re: Job Resignation. .. by henryhemon(m): 3:48am On Jan 07, 2016
niggi4life:
while they say it's better to leave your comfort zones,it's worse to go to Bomb zones as well... I pray u should listen to your parents before u bite your fingers

Where do you live? Have you left your father's compound before? For someone to say kano is a bomb zone shows he knows nothing.
Re: Job Resignation. .. by 2undeee(m): 5:13am On Jan 07, 2016
Guy kano is a peaceful place, if u wish to come u can and even apply for masters dere to bust your CV. I base in kano and Yoruba by tribe if am ask to choose BTW kano and lag I will go for kano a trillion times because life is simple over here. You worship without hindrance and if u a club type u do it till mama's call u it's all urs to make a choice
Re: Job Resignation. .. by Mekyno(m): 5:43am On Jan 07, 2016
crixtex:
Yep... I intend doing my masters in a year frm now... its a good job
it's 50/50. Ask God in prayers or thro ur pastor/prophet. It's wel. Goodluk!

1 Like

Re: Job Resignation. .. by pimpinlala(m): 6:59am On Jan 07, 2016
Go to Kano and stay at sabon gari area...its a very peaceful area. u'll like it
Re: Job Resignation. .. by Aarenasbaba(m): 7:00am On Jan 07, 2016
Bros forget,ma brother attended law school in kano for over a year and with d help of almighty nothing happen to him, b firm and let ur parents understand it's all man for himself
Re: Job Resignation. .. by Filmewell(f): 7:07am On Jan 07, 2016
Do not go to kano for any reason. Is not safe. There is unrest almost everytime. People told me just the way they are telling u now that zaria is safe. I went and got admission there just after few months people died in the safe zaria. Deaths that could be avoided. Truly nowhere is safe but is not a good thing to die at hands of another.
Re: Job Resignation. .. by Filmewell(f): 7:10am On Jan 07, 2016
henryhemon:

Where do you live? Have you left your father's compound before? For someone to say kano is a bomb zone shows he knows nothing.
i dont think he said that literally
Re: Job Resignation. .. by tellwisdom: 7:13am On Jan 07, 2016
abbey621:

KSTFU!

dejected dingbat
Re: Job Resignation. .. by agbaraka69: 7:14am On Jan 07, 2016
Guy follow ur heart, if u ask me. We still have human beings in Kano. So make ur choice n God will see u tru.
Re: Job Resignation. .. by divalindiway(f): 7:38am On Jan 07, 2016
LastProphet:

What are you saying?
Why are you exposing your myopic and pessimistic nature here
Re: Job Resignation. .. by yollychika(f): 8:08am On Jan 07, 2016
Be a man, go to kano, work hard,Kano'z beautiful
Re: Job Resignation. .. by DEngineer(m): 8:51am On Jan 07, 2016
Bros, all the people asking you to go have no idea wat a "field engineer" do.......am a field engineer (Telecomms), i can get to be posted to lekki where there are no area boys palava and work is fine. .....i got posted to idimu sometimes where everyone is a potential area boy. Such is wat u find in field engineering. I grew up in kano 1985 - 1999. Many people are right about kano being safe so that's a plus. But some areas in kano are also deadly. You must also take great caution if ur job involves climbing the mast cuz from my experience working field engineering in d north. You will get to see naked hausa wives from above and the husband wount hesitate to shoot u down with arrows. Always notify the community weneva u have to carry out an all night job or climb up. So bro go to kano........God will guide u. And use ur head, if u r a good Christian, don't go about preaching the gospel of Jesus in public or in office, they will laff with u and at d first opportunity, they will mark u out and hurt u. Try blend in. You will make more money there than in lagos. I guess u got ur job pretty fairly cuz no one wants to go to kano........lastly, don't expect a closely knitted settlement where one site of work is close to the other. Kano is large and hav a desert looking terrain, so ask for security personnel while going far away from the city. You must follow my advice to stay alive in kano......if you womanize, don't mess with their pretty daughters, if u drink don't try it in public, all this rules applies cuz u r a field engineer. Most likely u will not b going to a office, ull get your daily assignment via email and from home you will head to work. Go to kano, show your mum this reply. Its real life story. You will likely become a better man living in kano dan u will be living wherever here down south. Naija no get job o.......take this one and add value to yourself academically. God bless you.....
Re: Job Resignation. .. by Godmother(f): 8:51am On Jan 07, 2016
OP, your parents are just scared of the current insecurity in the nation. Just go on your knees and pray to God for directions. Also, check to see if the job is worth you moving and if there is room for growth. Wish you all the best.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Polaris Bank Contract Staff Threaten Strike Over Salary Disparity / Termination Letter For Kaduna LGA Workers (Photo) / My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.