Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,905 members, 7,810,488 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:57 AM

We Will Arrest More Influential Nigerians In The Coming Weeks — EFCC Chairman - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will Arrest More Influential Nigerians In The Coming Weeks — EFCC Chairman (25122 Views)

Oby Ezekwesili Writes On Magu's Disqualification As EFCC Chairman / Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again / Saraki tells 3 Ex-Presidents, Influential Nigerians To Come To His Rescue-Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Will Arrest More Influential Nigerians In The Coming Weeks — EFCC Chairman by millhouse: 8:45pm On Jan 06, 2016
Plus10:
Did I just read him right that no petition has been forwarded to him from the opposition?Not surprise this government is full of lies...
lies from the pit of hell!

1 Like

Re: We Will Arrest More Influential Nigerians In The Coming Weeks — EFCC Chairman by Phobia1: 8:45pm On Jan 06, 2016
hinwazaka:
I have consistently said on this forum, that Fashola will rot in jail, while Amaechi will hang from a tree. The President will also spend the rest of his miserable life in the Hague. As for the traders of the Oshodi electronics market, they can be rest assured that their loss will be avenged. Ambode will pay dearly with his.....................
wow! sorry o. hope say hospital no far frm ur area? cuz d way ur typin dis sh/t ur heart must be poundin Hard. God'll console u.
Re: We Will Arrest More Influential Nigerians In The Coming Weeks — EFCC Chairman by Phobia1: 8:48pm On Jan 06, 2016
Achuwa1:
We know more opposition party (pdp) members will be targetted in tge cuming week as instructed by pmb...
Efcc has now turned to apc weapon to witch hunt pdp in this dispensation,but they ahould remember tht the masses are watching & 2019 is not too far
Yes o. 2019 is just so near. cos i cant wait....

to vote CHaNGE! again. aha
Re: We Will Arrest More Influential Nigerians In The Coming Weeks — EFCC Chairman by maestroferddi: 8:50pm On Jan 06, 2016
oglalasioux:

Publish the petitions about Amechi and Fashola. Until you do that I won't believe there is any case against them. Your PDP stalwarts shared money meant to buy arms to fight Boko haram, a subject of national security and you are here shouting witch-hunt.
I will not be the one to cure you of selective amnesia and/or partial blindness.

When a young person like you is so lazy that you refused to put your mental faculties to work, one can only imagine the bleakness of the future.

A person half your age ought to be able to distinguish between propaganda and facts that have been proved by a court of competent jurisdiction.

1 Like

Re: We Will Arrest More Influential Nigerians In The Coming Weeks — EFCC Chairman by millhouse: 8:51pm On Jan 06, 2016
oglalasioux:

Why can't PDP write petitions about APC members that are corrupt? If the EFCC fails to do something about it they can publish it for the nation to see. Then and only then will I believe this corruption drive is targeted at PDP.
who ordered That timipreye Silva's case be thrown out to enable him contest? Is it that kind of govt u want to raise petition against its party members? This whole anti corruption crusade is just a huge political joke.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Will Arrest More Influential Nigerians In The Coming Weeks — EFCC Chairman by excel101(m): 8:53pm On Jan 06, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
Jonathan Ebele Azikiwe The Leader Of The Yam Eaters Must Make The Next Batch...
. Mr EFCC Chairman, stop making noise about your plans, just go ahead and do it. Later the next news will be some money has been transferred to your account.
Re: We Will Arrest More Influential Nigerians In The Coming Weeks — EFCC Chairman by oglalasioux(m): 8:58pm On Jan 06, 2016
maestroferddi:
I will not the one to cure of selective amnesia or partial blindness.

When a young person like you is so lazy that you refused to put your mental faculties to work, one can only imagine the bleakness of the future.

A person half your age ought to be able to distinguish between propaganda and facts that have been proved by a court of competent jurisdiction.
This is a great forum but people like you who leave educated argument and pour vituperations on the person you are arguing with will eventually kill it. The venom of your outburst shows you are the one suffering from dementia and partial blindness. Please I'm sorry to have mentioned on your post.
Re: We Will Arrest More Influential Nigerians In The Coming Weeks — EFCC Chairman by anonimi: 9:05pm On Jan 06, 2016
Achuwa1:
We know more opposition party (pdp) members will be targetted in tge cuming week as instructed by pmb...
Efcc has now turned to apc weapon to witch hunt pdp in this dispensation,but they ahould remember tht[b] the masses are watching & 2019 is not too far[/b]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3129339_aaa_jpgd8f8dedc0591f3b913dbcdf0fdea2687
Re: We Will Arrest More Influential Nigerians In The Coming Weeks — EFCC Chairman by maestroferddi: 9:08pm On Jan 06, 2016
oglalasioux:

This is a great forum but people like you who leave educated argument and pour vituperations on the person you are arguing with will eventually kill it. The venom of your outburst shows you are the one suffering from dementia and partial blindness. Please I'm sorry to have mentioned on your post.
Don't you get self-righteous with me.

I have low tolerance for people like you who revel in denying the obvious with disingenuous attitudes.

1 Like

Re: We Will Arrest More Influential Nigerians In The Coming Weeks — EFCC Chairman by todayboy: 9:08pm On Jan 06, 2016
oglalasioux:

Publish the petitions about Amechi and Fashola. Until you do that I won't believe there is any case against them. Your PDP stalwarts shared money meant to buy arms to fight Boko haram, a subject of national security and you are here shouting witch-hunt.

Who publish petition about dasuki, Metuh dokpesi and the other pdp guys Buhari is witch hunting. Be deceiving until the real despot president start unveiling himself

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Arrest More Influential Nigerians In The Coming Weeks — EFCC Chairman by ozimec(m): 9:10pm On Jan 06, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
We'll arrest more influential Nigerians soon - EFCC chair

The Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Ibrahim Magu, has said more influential Nigerians would soon be arrested to face prosecution as the EFCC under him has reinvigorated the fight against corruption in Nigeria.

Mr. Magu, who made the disclosure on Wednesday in Abuja at a forum with online and broadcast media managers, said since his appointment as acting chairman of the EFCC, he had undertaken the re-ordering of the agency’s priorities for effective implementation of its mandate.

“The effect of this, which is obvious for all to see, is the investigation, arrest and prosecution of some of the most powerful forces in Nigeria, who have questions to answer on their stewardship whilst in office. 

“A former National Security Adviser, former ministers, former governors, serving and retired military men, a media mogul and several others, are among those we have called to answer critical questions concerning the management of our commonwealth. 

“As we speak, many more influential Nigerians are on the radar of the EFCC and, in the coming weeks, they would have their days in court and Nigerians will be kept fully abreast of the results of our investigations,” Mr. Magu said.

The EFCC boss said in carrying out the mandate of the commission, he has been guided by the “fear of God, national interest and the rule of law”.

Mr. Magu said apart from bringing corrupt public officers to justice, the EFCC under his leadership is determined, in line with the stance of the current administration under President Muhammadu Buhari to send “unmistakable message” to everyone, that no Nigerian shall be regarded as above the law or treated as sacred cow as far as the fight against corruption is concerned. 

The EFCC chairman, however, said the commission cannot succeed in carrying out its mandate without the support of the media.

He said the EFCC already has the support of all relevant bodies and organizations.

He said he held a meeting with the president on Wednesday, and that the message from Mr. Buhari was nothing but total support for the agency.

“By far more inspirational is the political will of Mr. President to fight corruption. This unbending will, which some now call body language has given the needed traction to the anti-graft campaign,” he said.

Mr. Magu said Mr. Buhari’s resolve to fight corruption in Nigeria was underlined by his comments during his maiden media chat last Wednesday where he swore not to spare anyone found to be corrupt. 

Mr. Magu quoted the president as saying,  “I don’t …tolerate corruption. When I was Head of State, I didn’t put anybody above the law. At this time, I assure you, I will not put anybody above the law… If anyone is caught, I will not only sack (him or her) but will ensure that the case is taken to court”. 

He added that the president’s resolve is complemented by that of the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Mahmud Mohammed, who, during the last All Nigerian Judges’ Conference, declared unwavering support for the war on corruption. 

He added that at that same judges conference, Mr. Buhari expressed the concern of the Nigerian people for the undue delays experienced in the trial of corruption suspects.  

The judiciary, he said, has responded with some practical steps in the form of the designation of selected courts to try EFCC cases and some practice directions.   

“We believe that when holistically and effectively put into practice, the measures would drastically cut the time corruption cases spend in court before Nigerians know whether the accused is guilty as charged or innocent of the crime.

“As a Commission, the EFCC is very determined to put into productive effect, the provisions of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act, (ACJA), 2015.  This law, which has been rightly labeled a legal “revolution”, by none other than Professor Itse Sagay, chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee on Anti-corruption, could not have come at a better time than now, when Nigerians are yearning for justice. 

“On the part of the EFCC, I can assure you that the effect of our even more penetrating investigations and commitment to rid Nigeria of all forms of corruption and economic and financial crimes can –and will continue to be– seen from the cases we take to court for trial,” he said.

No political witch hunt

Mr. Magu also responded to comments from participants at the forum that a lot of Nigerians have a feeling that the ongoing war against corruption appears targeted at members of the opposition.

He said by his orientation, he has nothing to with politics and is therefore, not doing the bidding of a political party.

“Such accusations have come up a lot, but, we work with petitions before us, in fact, I am eager and waiting for something from the other side, but nothing has come so far,” he said.

Mr. Magu also said he had never been a fan of plea bargaining, adding however that he works within the laws of the land.

The managing editor of PREMIUM TIMES, Musikilu Mojeed, who spoke on behalf of the President of the Guild of Corporate Online Publishers, Malachy Agbo, said the group is fully committed to the ongoing fight against corruption and pledged the support of members to the EFCC.

He also asked Mr. Magu to consider partnering with the group in training journalists.

We'll arrest more influential Nigerians soon - EFCC chair - Premium Times Nigeria
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/196282-well-arrest-more-influential-nigerians-soon-efcc-chair.htm[size=8pt][/size]

No wahala, as long as you are not being selective because, if you allow yourself to be used for political witch-hunt and vendetta, be rest assured that it will bounce back to you, you will later be hunted. You can ask Ribadu
Re: We Will Arrest More Influential Nigerians In The Coming Weeks — EFCC Chairman by refreshrate: 9:12pm On Jan 06, 2016
Is this the only thing we have to do in this country now? so the whole Nigeria now our only function is this brainless witch hunt?

People not involved in anyway should now do what?

No policies no nothing!

Meanwhile Lamorde is nowhere in sight with over 1trillion in his possession that the same EFCC recovered.

Una dey crase walahi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Will Arrest More Influential Nigerians In The Coming Weeks — EFCC Chairman by sammhi(m): 9:17pm On Jan 06, 2016
thrash!! ..So influential Nigerians are Olisa metuh, Dokpesi , Haliru , etc
only partisan and gullible will rejoice at the deceit called anti corruption....
as far as am concerned, all politicians are rougues and have in one way or the other misuse public funds. so targeting a few for sake of gullible public clap is nothing but a charade and diversion !
Such
Re: We Will Arrest More Influential Nigerians In The Coming Weeks — EFCC Chairman by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jan 06, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
Jonathan Ebele Azikiwe The Leader Of The Yam Eaters Must Make The Next Batch...
stop masturbating. it kills the brain cells.
Re: We Will Arrest More Influential Nigerians In The Coming Weeks — EFCC Chairman by TheFreeOne: 9:26pm On Jan 06, 2016
refreshrate:
Is this the only thing we have to do in this country now? so the whole Nigeria now our only function is this brainless witch hunt?

People not involved in anyway should now do what?

No policies no nothing!

Meanwhile Lamorde is nowhere in sight with over 1trillion in his possession that the same EFCC recovered.

Una dey crase walahi

Its so unfortunate that Nigerians are not asking about lamorde but only revels at any breaking news of arrests by DSS/EFCC.

APC keeps using sensationalism and propaganda to festers its agenda.
Re: We Will Arrest More Influential Nigerians In The Coming Weeks — EFCC Chairman by Demallcrazy(m): 9:33pm On Jan 06, 2016
hinwazaka:
I have consistently said on this forum, that Fashola will rot in jail, while Amaechi will hang from a tree. The President will also spend the rest of his miserable life in the Hague. As for the traders of the Oshodi electronics market, they can be rest assured that their loss will be avenged. Ambode will pay dearly with his.....................
Mere rantins of a toothless wailer grin
Re: We Will Arrest More Influential Nigerians In The Coming Weeks — EFCC Chairman by millionaireman: 9:44pm On Jan 06, 2016
oglalasioux:

If you ask anyone to publish the petitions against Amaechi and Fashola to convince you that there were petitions against. them, that means you live in Mars as you were accused.

Alas, Nigeria has been reduced to a Hobes. state where political vendetta and crude politics rule.
Re: We Will Arrest More Influential Nigerians In The Coming Weeks — EFCC Chairman by picoba(m): 9:50pm On Jan 06, 2016
[size=18pt]
Please don't come to my house.

[/size]
Re: We Will Arrest More Influential Nigerians In The Coming Weeks — EFCC Chairman by ronaldbecky(m): 10:13pm On Jan 06, 2016
hinwazaka:
This ignoble foolhardy plan by the FG, is due to the President's belief that his enemies are behind the Fuel scarcity. But the major catalyst is the opposition's hand in ruining the hidden loan application by the government, from the IMF. Yesterday, the IMF chief put the final nail in the coffin on the loan application. Now the President has no choice but to review his outlandish budget. The loan was meant to finance the budget and settle some influential Nigerians in the APC. Due to this burst bubble, the President is now breathing fire and brimstone on those who he believes leaked his illicit motives to top media hotshots, who were able to blackmail the IMF into dropping the FG's application. I pity the President and his party, because they are in hot soup.
abeg Egbon, trash for LAWMA
Re: We Will Arrest More Influential Nigerians In The Coming Weeks — EFCC Chairman by Afritop(m): 10:13pm On Jan 06, 2016
MANY INFLUENTIAL NIGERIANS WILL NOW BE MAKING THEIR ESCAPE TOWARDS THE BORDER. NO THANKS FOR THE EFCC FOR MAKING THIS REPORT PUBLIC
Re: We Will Arrest More Influential Nigerians In The Coming Weeks — EFCC Chairman by millionaireman: 10:22pm On Jan 06, 2016
Who can tell this EFCC chairman that:
1; he isn't heading a Public Petitions Commission?

2; he is supposed to be heading an economic and financial crimes commission?.

3; his mandate includes bringing to question any body accused of economic and financial crimes in Nigeria.

4; nothing prevents his commission from going for any Nigerian accused of committing economic and financial crime against Nigeria since Nigeria came into existence.

5; his mandate is not limited to acting on petitions against the GEJ administration.

5; he shall write his name in gold if his commission digs into the accusations levelled against all big Nigerians who have since been accused of looting Nigeria dry during the military and civilian administrations.

6; he must have rubbished his name and mandate if at the end, he is seen as a law enforcement officer hired by the Buhari government for political vendetta against the preceding dministration..

7; no crime is ever forgotten or written off by any normal country.

8; Augusto Pinochet of Chile had his day in court after all.

Enuf said.
Re: We Will Arrest More Influential Nigerians In The Coming Weeks — EFCC Chairman by smileyz16(m): 10:30pm On Jan 06, 2016
hinwazaka:
This ignoble foolhardy plan by the FG, is due to the President's belief that his enemies are behind the Fuel scarcity. But the major catalyst is the opposition's hand in ruining the hidden loan application by the government, from the IMF. Yesterday, the IMF chief put the final nail in the coffin on the loan application. Now the President has no choice but to review his outlandish budget. The loan was meant to finance the budget and settle some influential Nigerians in the APC. Due to this burst bubble, the President is now breathing fire and brimstone on those who he believes leaked his illicit motives to top media hotshots, who were able to blackmail the IMF into dropping the FG's application. I pity the President and his party, because they are in hot soup.
i'm forced to quote u..hadn't been lagarde said we need loan u dis pdp e-idiots wud av started shoutin dey conspired to loot our funds..wailin wailers wil sha always find a way to xhibit der foolishness
Re: We Will Arrest More Influential Nigerians In The Coming Weeks — EFCC Chairman by onatisi(m): 10:57pm On Jan 06, 2016
I told ppl immediately buhari and AP won that the presidential powers which gej failed to use in curbing and stifling the opposition that buhari and apc willl use those presidential powers to the fullest and even abuse it.

I blame gej for all this rubbish,this is exactly the treatment he should have meted out to apc when he was the president instead of shaking hands and taking pictures with them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Arrest More Influential Nigerians In The Coming Weeks — EFCC Chairman by Kunlexic(m): 11:04pm On Jan 06, 2016
I dey wait for dose criminals wey call demsefs politicians to face the panel
Re: We Will Arrest More Influential Nigerians In The Coming Weeks — EFCC Chairman by edaferigho(m): 11:14pm On Jan 06, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
We'll arrest more influential Nigerians soon - EFCC chair

The Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Ibrahim Magu, has said more influential Nigerians would soon be arrested to face prosecution as the EFCC under him has reinvigorated the fight against corruption in Nigeria.

Mr. Magu, who made the disclosure on Wednesday in Abuja at a forum with online and broadcast media managers, said since his appointment as acting chairman of the EFCC, he had undertaken the re-ordering of the agency’s priorities for effective implementation of its mandate.

“The effect of this, which is obvious for all to see, is the investigation, arrest and prosecution of some of the most powerful forces in Nigeria, who have questions to answer on their stewardship whilst in office. 

“A former National Security Adviser, former ministers, former governors, serving and retired military men, a media mogul and several others, are among those we have called to answer critical questions concerning the management of our commonwealth. 

“As we speak, many more influential Nigerians are on the radar of the EFCC and, in the coming weeks, they would have their days in court and Nigerians will be kept fully abreast of the results of our investigations,” Mr. Magu said.

The EFCC boss said in carrying out the mandate of the commission, he has been guided by the “fear of God, national interest and the rule of law”.

Mr. Magu said apart from bringing corrupt public officers to justice, the EFCC under his leadership is determined, in line with the stance of the current administration under President Muhammadu Buhari to send “unmistakable message” to everyone, that no Nigerian shall be regarded as above the law or treated as sacred cow as far as the fight against corruption is concerned. 

The EFCC chairman, however, said the commission cannot succeed in carrying out its mandate without the support of the media.

He said the EFCC already has the support of all relevant bodies and organizations.

He said he held a meeting with the president on Wednesday, and that the message from Mr. Buhari was nothing but total support for the agency.

“By far more inspirational is the political will of Mr. President to fight corruption. This unbending will, which some now call body language has given the needed traction to the anti-graft campaign,” he said.

Mr. Magu said Mr. Buhari’s resolve to fight corruption in Nigeria was underlined by his comments during his maiden media chat last Wednesday where he swore not to spare anyone found to be corrupt. 

Mr. Magu quoted the president as saying,  “I don’t …tolerate corruption. When I was Head of State, I didn’t put anybody above the law. At this time, I assure you, I will not put anybody above the law… If anyone is caught, I will not only sack (him or her) but will ensure that the case is taken to court”. 

He added that the president’s resolve is complemented by that of the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Mahmud Mohammed, who, during the last All Nigerian Judges’ Conference, declared unwavering support for the war on corruption. 

He added that at that same judges conference, Mr. Buhari expressed the concern of the Nigerian people for the undue delays experienced in the trial of corruption suspects.  

The judiciary, he said, has responded with some practical steps in the form of the designation of selected courts to try EFCC cases and some practice directions.   

“We believe that when holistically and effectively put into practice, the measures would drastically cut the time corruption cases spend in court before Nigerians know whether the accused is guilty as charged or innocent of the crime.

“As a Commission, the EFCC is very determined to put into productive effect, the provisions of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act, (ACJA), 2015.  This law, which has been rightly labeled a legal “revolution”, by none other than Professor Itse Sagay, chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee on Anti-corruption, could not have come at a better time than now, when Nigerians are yearning for justice. 

“On the part of the EFCC, I can assure you that the effect of our even more penetrating investigations and commitment to rid Nigeria of all forms of corruption and economic and financial crimes can –and will continue to be– seen from the cases we take to court for trial,” he said.

No political witch hunt

Mr. Magu also responded to comments from participants at the forum that a lot of Nigerians have a feeling that the ongoing war against corruption appears targeted at members of the opposition.

He said by his orientation, he has nothing to with politics and is therefore, not doing the bidding of a political party.

“Such accusations have come up a lot, but, we work with petitions before us, in fact, I am eager and waiting for something from the other side, but nothing has come so far,” he said.

Mr. Magu also said he had never been a fan of plea bargaining, adding however that he works within the laws of the land.

The managing editor of PREMIUM TIMES, Musikilu Mojeed, who spoke on behalf of the President of the Guild of Corporate Online Publishers, Malachy Agbo, said the group is fully committed to the ongoing fight against corruption and pledged the support of members to the EFCC.

He also asked Mr. Magu to consider partnering with the group in training journalists.

We'll arrest more influential Nigerians soon - EFCC chair - Premium Times Nigeria
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/196282-well-arrest-more-influential-nigerians-soon-efcc-chair.htm[size=8pt][/size]
After that what Next?...
Re: We Will Arrest More Influential Nigerians In The Coming Weeks — EFCC Chairman by KanwuliaJara: 11:38pm On Jan 06, 2016
We WILL again? shocked

Start from OBJ from the WEST ooooooooo! grin
Re: We Will Arrest More Influential Nigerians In The Coming Weeks — EFCC Chairman by 2undeajigs: 12:11am On Jan 07, 2016
Ride on EFCC, but please do it the right way.
Re: We Will Arrest More Influential Nigerians In The Coming Weeks — EFCC Chairman by chidextec: 12:29am On Jan 07, 2016
Stop arresting.... start killing them and send some to life in prison without parole.
Re: We Will Arrest More Influential Nigerians In The Coming Weeks — EFCC Chairman by Nazacent: 2:13am On Jan 07, 2016
it should have been we will arrest more PDP members in the coming weeks, "JOHN". but remember KARMA is watching
Re: We Will Arrest More Influential Nigerians In The Coming Weeks — EFCC Chairman by afrika(f): 3:40am On Jan 07, 2016
This is becoming vision less.
Nigerians are now blinded by the inactive economy and the media portray the blame game as a result of the country's situation today.

How much have they recovered?
What is happening to the supply of fuel?
Has the price of kerosene come down for the masses to get without stress?
Dollar is high and efcc is busy arresting the ones that never moved from PDP to APC. I wait to see the day they would arrest one from APC.

No ministerial position for any of the opposition party and we re good with it. School good oh. Now I understand the various propaganda and media play last political play.
Re: We Will Arrest More Influential Nigerians In The Coming Weeks — EFCC Chairman by Duru1(m): 4:00am On Jan 07, 2016
Nigeria is a waste of fresh air. Who gives a ratass if this silly outfit arrests all and so-called influential Nigerians. This use of “us against them” is too old. Any law enforcement agency in Nigeria must respect certain aspects of law it tries to enforce.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Returns To London Three Days After Arrival / The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State / President Buhari’s Letter To Saraki On Benue Killings (Full Text)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.