Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,435 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? (8995 Views)

Wife Introduction: My Mum Insists On Pregnancy First / Man Dies One Week After His Wedding Introduction (Photos) / Join the league of Real Men. Samsu Oil needs no introduction. Ask for d original (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? by Mariecakes(f): 3:43pm On Jan 07, 2016
oluwanimoduroty:
400k for intro? shocked maybe intro to her means traditional wedding
very True.. some people take both intro and trad as the same , and do them together on the same day.. sooo OP let her define what "introduction" is to her first

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jan 07, 2016
ossaisly:

Boss, am not kidding here o. If I should tell you guys she said, then maybe you will be infuriated.

All the same thanks, you guys have all made my da by opening my eyes more and more. I just wish this stuff could be moved to the front page. I think she is a NLER too.
modify your post and ask others opinion on how much would be OK for introduction

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? by tpiah2: 3:59pm On Jan 07, 2016
Re: Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? by Mintayo(m): 4:30pm On Jan 07, 2016
400k for introduction? That's new! And your fiancee said it's small? It's well o.
50k is okay for introduction now? lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? by Saraha1(f): 5:26pm On Jan 07, 2016
400k is small o. All d op need to do is to make sure dat after all d ceremonies. Ensure she dri nk garri for complete one year. Some women Shall.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? by Welcomme: 7:17am On Jan 08, 2016
Intro shouldnt exceed the range of 20k to 50k sef. If na confirm bride family, the money u will spend might b money for fruit and drinks u will carry along. They will d the cooking themselves cuz they are the one hosting u. But trust some broke poverty stricken families that see every opportunity to extort their daughters husband or husband to b. That is why I do not blame the rich that dont marry the poor. It is because of this extortion shits.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? by Nobody: 8:15am On Jan 08, 2016
dacovajnr:
Huh! 400k for intro..Haba! Bro cancel the intro and cancel the girl join..she no get cmon pity for her to talk say 400k no reach...Baami that 400k is enough for wedding But cum Wetin u wan introduce? undecided
lol
Re: Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? by damiso(f): 10:24am On Jan 08, 2016
OP I have seen some introductions on bella naija and all I could do was ask is this the the trad shocked shocked shocked aso ebi cake make up artist ,decoration etc etc I have heard its full on party for some these days and they still have another full on trad/engagement party.

Mine was a living room affair and I was even the one who cooked more than half of the food cheesy All hubbys family brought was basket of fruits and a drink for my dad. I wore an old Ankara skirt and blouse that I had at home sef grin

My sister's was much bigger though as they even had décor , she and her hubby did aso oke there were caterers décor etc. I heard intros are much bigger these days but even at my sisters I was not too impressed with all the fan fare undecided But her husband's family and my husband's family are as different as night/day so I get it. cheesy

However if your fiancée is Yoruba the expenses should be from the brides family. All you need to budget for are gifts which are usually fruit basket and a few drinks. And maybe if you want give her money to buy an outfit you will both wear. Nothing too expensive or over the top.

It all comes down to what you can afford. Put your feet down and stick to what you can afford and is within your budget. If she and her family want a 400k intro they better be footing the bill.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? by pretydiva(f): 11:03am On Jan 08, 2016
The op needs to be specific. Is it traditional marriage or d normal introduction

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? by Ngokafor(f): 12:00pm On Jan 08, 2016
ossaisly:

Boss, am not kidding here o. If I should tell you guys she said, then maybe you will be infuriated.

All the same thanks, you guys have all made my da by opening my eyes more and more. I just wish this stuff could be moved to the front page. I think she is a NLER too.

.....Me think you are lying and simply trolling here..you are even angling for FP undecided..

...You have 400k indeed.
Re: Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? by itstpia8: 12:18pm On Jan 08, 2016
pretydiva:
The op needs to be specific. Is it traditional marriage or d normal introduction

Probably traditional marriage.

Introduction doesn't (or shouldnt) involve a large number of people.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? by modestdude(m): 12:50pm On Jan 08, 2016
I dont understand what you mean by introduction. if its just merely the Parents to Parents and few relatives familiarization visit, then i must tell you i did mine for 15k. We be Ibo o

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? by itstpia8: 1:50pm On Jan 08, 2016
Really?
Re: Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? by ossaisly(m): 11:57pm On Jan 16, 2016
Ngokafor:

.....Me think you are lying and simply trolling here..you are even angling for FP undecided..

...You have 400k indeed.

Funny u. If 400k is a big deal for u, it is not for me. I don't know how to convince u how serious this. Issue is to me but
Re: Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? by Jahblessme: 1:00am On Jan 17, 2016
Please which kind of introduction costs 400k?
Is intro not about meeting the girls family with a few drinks and stating your intentions?
This has to be a wind up undecided
Re: Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? by ossaisly(m): 7:58am On Jan 17, 2016
Ngokafor:

...You have 400k indeed.

Oga, if just 400k is ur problem, then It can never be my own problem.
Telling the truth would not add 1naira to my account, neither would lies give me any kobo. I just spoke my mind and I av already been enlightened, so ur own opinion is not needed anymore. Thanks.
Re: Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? by richyblink1(m): 8:34am On Jan 17, 2016
Jahblessme:
Please which kind of introduction costs 400k?
Is intro not about meeting the girls family with a few drinks and stating your intentions?
This has to be a wind up undecided

Introduction differs from tribe to tribe. The Yoruba's and Igbo's don't really take it serious as you won't spend up to 50k for it.

But in Akwa Ibom, bro, it's a different story. They have list specially for introduction just as in traditional marriage. Below are what you would find in the list.

1. 6 tubers of yam
2. 8 crates of minerals
3. 7 crates of malts
4. 1 big goat ( which they will tell you the size, Uman Ebot kiet). They wrote 25k for me then.
5. A cash of 60k(Ukip iko)
6. Good wax for mother(wrapper)
7. Good wax for father (wrapper)
8. 1 crate of star
9. 2 cartons of wine (they will tell you the exact type of wine to buy)
10. 3 in 1 hot drink(they will tell you the type to buy. They wrote 25k for me).

All the aforementioned must be observed according to their tradition( that was what I was told during mine which I observed). Before you start considering cost of transportation for your family members as well as few friends to accompany you.
Re: Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? by Melsan: 9:04pm On Jan 17, 2016
Exponental:
in yorubaland, buy your cloths for both of you. take gifts with you (fruits n drinks mainly). if the girl's family are responsible, they should cater for food cos they are hosting u. you can support financially in food if asked depending on agreed estimated guest but that doesn't mean you should be extorted.... 400k is extortion..... Ask Efcc to this investigate this introgate even before they share the money..lolz
cheesy cheesy
Re: Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? by Rukkydelta(f): 9:44pm On Jan 17, 2016
Ngokafor:

...You have 400k indeed.

Seconded
Re: Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? by Stanleyafam(m): 5:47pm On Jan 18, 2016
ossaisly:
Hello NL, my fiancee and I have been arguing about how much an introduction could cost us. I told her that my budget is 400k but she said that it's too small, just for an intro.....I don die! Please help me o cause this might just make me to collapse.

Please kindly help me to know how much is ideal for a Rivers lady intro.

Thanks.

Cc: ishilove. Lalasticala. Seun.

I just had mine done and due to the relationship I have with my in-laws I spent app 100k...e be like say ur wife to be no really love u...simple

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Maltreated My Wife: Now She Wants To Leave Me / Advice Needed: His Wife Will Not Allow Him Rest. / Fathers How Do You Bond With Your Family.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.