Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,310 members, 7,811,921 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

Oh Black Man Athiesm Insults Thee! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oh Black Man Athiesm Insults Thee! (2200 Views)

The True Definition Of Athiesm / To Athiests, What Are Your Reasons For Dumping Religious Faith To Athiesm / Athiesm The "No God" Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oh Black Man Athiesm Insults Thee! by esensed: 5:14am On Jun 17, 2009
[b]Charles Darwin and his disciples are examples of the heroes of atheism, it is amazing that black Africans would believe and swallow what these proponents of the humanist religion says hook, line and sinker.  Below are quotes of what they believe about the black race.  They believe that they are highly evolved than us and that we are close to the ape like creature that we evolved from.  To think that an African will take this fallacy and accept it as science is beyond me and here you have them boasting that they are the intelligent ones who think for themselves.

“The Negroid stock is even more ancient than the Caucasian and Mongolians, as may be proved by an examination not only of the brain, of the hair, of the bodily characteristics , but of the instincts, the intelligence. The standard of intelligence of the average adult Negro is similar to that of the eleven-year-old-youth of the species Homo sapiens.” -- Henry Fairfield Osborn   Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

“No rational man, cognizant of the facts, believes that the average negro is the equal, still less the superior, of the white man. And if this be true, it is simply incredible that, when all his disabilities are removed, and our prognathous relative has a fair field and no favor, as well as no oppressor, he will be able to compete successfully with his bigger-brained and smaller-jawed rival, in a contest which is to be carried on by thoughts and not by bites.” -- Thomas Huxley Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

“At some future period, not very distant as measured by centuries, the civilized races of man will almost certainly exterminate and replace throughout the world the savage races. At the same time the anthropomorphous apes … will no doubt be exterminated. The break will then be rendered wider, for it will intervene between man in a more civilized state, as we may hope, than the Caucasian, and some ape as low as a baboon, instead of as at present between the negro or Australian and the gorilla.” -- Charles Darwin

This among many atheist quotes are the basic foundation of the atheists and for a black man not  only to be insulted but about his race and ancestors but to then turn on his fellow brothers and accuse them of ignorance is what as someone said  "foolery" and that at the highest order.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-283796.32.html
Re: Where Are All The Black Atheist?
« #55 on: Yesterday at 12:01:22 PM »[/b]

so na me be this wai them one convert me come thier religion ko,  me next to ape ,
Re: Oh Black Man Athiesm Insults Thee! by esensed: 5:26am On Jun 17, 2009
i was really shocked to read such quotes.
Re: Oh Black Man Athiesm Insults Thee! by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:33am On Jun 17, 2009
esensed:

i was really shocked to read such quotes.

To be shocked would be an understatement, it is what is called insult upon injury.
Re: Oh Black Man Athiesm Insults Thee! by Tudor6(f): 8:06am On Jun 17, 2009
I wonder why you guys keep making it sound like charles darwin is the founder of atheism. The above quote is his PERSONAL opinion and NOT central dogma for atheists. . . . .

1 Like

Re: Oh Black Man Athiesm Insults Thee! by esensed: 11:07am On Jun 17, 2009
Tudór:

I wonder why you guys keep making it sound like charles darwin is the founder of atheism. The above quote is his PERSONAL opinion and NOT central dogma for atheists. . . . .

no it is part of it
Re: Oh Black Man Athiesm Insults Thee! by duduspace(m): 1:09pm On Jun 17, 2009
esensed:

no it is part of it

How can you say this? do you realise that there is no Holy book of Atheism? Agreed, there are leaders of thought in Atheism but their statements have never been sacred canon for anyone unlike your Holy Bible and your god's ungodly statements.
Do you understand now?
Re: Oh Black Man Athiesm Insults Thee! by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:32pm On Jun 17, 2009
duduspace:

How can you say this? do you realise that there is no Holy book of Atheism? Agreed, there are leaders of thought in Atheism but their statements have never been sacred canon for anyone unlike your Holy Bible and your god's ungodly statements.
Do you understand now?

It's most likely that you believe in the doctrine of evolutionism, hence Darwin and his bulldogs are your heroes, and if you don't can you then explain to me the answers to the origins of the universe, human life and the DNA without the existence of God which you all agree on?
Re: Oh Black Man Athiesm Insults Thee! by wirinet(m): 7:23pm On Jun 17, 2009
Typical of religious fundamentalists, they prefer to attack personalities instead of idea, soon they will turn their verbal attacks into physical attacks. Even if Darwin and Co were said those things, did it remove anything from his observations and theory. If he held those views, those are his personal views. Most European of the 16th and 17th century held the view that Blacks were inferior because of the state they met us. Also most blacks saw the whites were superior, in fact this inferiority complex still afflict a lot of blacks. In fact we blacks depend on the white for every thing, our religion, our language, our clothes, etc. we are wholly depended on white technology to survive. So do not use 16th century attitudes to fault current scientific thoughts and theories, i do not see the connection.

Olaadegun, it is fruitless discussing with you, you have zero understanding of the concepts you are attempting to argue, you have been copying and pasting for as long as i have known you. I had tried in some occasions to educate you on basic science but you are usually not interested in learning. You just continue to spew out the some religious dogma we had heard since our toddler days. Also i had advised you to be content with your religious dogma and leave science.
It is highly irrational for a non scientist ( a theologian) to argue with a scientist on science. It is like a pilot arguing with a musician on the workings of a plane.

You should get it into your psyche that the Bible and it doctrine does not make sense to over 60% of the world population. I find it hard to believe that one book is an authority unto itself, meaning the Bible is the only proof of the authenticity of the Bible, or the Bible is the proof of God and God is the the proof of the Bible.
Re: Oh Black Man Athiesm Insults Thee! by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:15pm On Jun 19, 2009
wirinet:

Typical of religious fundamentalists, they prefer to attack personalities instead of idea, soon they will turn their verbal attacks into physical attacks.

A pot calling a kettle black.  Evolutionists and atheists are known to employ the diabolical tactics of the use of ad Hominens, that is, to attack the person if they cannot attack the idea.  I quoted the ideas of your heroes and you are here accusing me of attacking your apostles.  All I did was to expose their ideas that was fundamental to you beliefs of evolutionary theory, at least you cannot claim that I misquoted them.

wirinet:

Even if Darwin and Co were said those things, did it remove anything from his observations and theory. If he held those views, those are his personal views. Most European of the 16th and 17th century held the view that Blacks were inferior because of the state they met us. Also most blacks saw the whites were superior, in fact this inferiority complex still afflict a lot of blacks. In fact we blacks depend on the white for every thing, our religion, our language, our clothes, etc. we are wholly depended on white technology to survive.

See what a black man who has been brainwashed by the evolutionary fantasies of his heroes that he cannot even see that they are cursing his ancestors.  If someone was to denigrate your forefathers with abusive words that person would probably walk away with a black eye but here are some white racists who have brainwashed you into believing that your grandparents were at one time Mr. Fish and that they eventually became monkeys (ape-like creatures) before they gave birth to you and that the white race have evolved than the blacks and you are here accusing your black brethren of having a low IQ believing that you are more intellectually advanced than them.  Even my ancestors, (not yours since you believe that they were fishes), had more sense to know of the existence of the creator God even though some of them might not know Him intimately.

wirinet:

So do not use 16th century attitudes to fault current scientific thoughts and theories, i do not see the connection.

Don't deceive yourself into thinking that evolutionism is science, if it is any thing at all it is bad science.  Let me give you a scenario and see if you can answer me without the usual cop-out of the "I don't know" mantra.  If every creature "evolved" as you want us to believe, without any Creator can you answer these pertinent questions.  Take for instance the first bird.  Was it male or female?  Let's say it was a male.  How did it produce offspring without a mate?  If a female evolved, why did it evolve with differing reproductive organs?  Did it evolve by chance, or did it evolve because it knew that it was needed by the male of the species?  How did it know what needed to be evolved if its brain hadn't yet evolved?  Did the bird breathe?  Did it breathe before it developed lungs?  How did it do this?  Why did it evolve lungs if it was happily surviving without them?  Did the bird have a mouth?  How did it eat before it had evolved a mouth?  Where did the mouth send the food before the stomach evolved?  How did the bird have energy if it did not eat because it didn't yet have a mouth?  How did the bird see what there was to eat before its eyes evolved? 

You can now see how silly it is for someone to claim that he is intelligent to believe in evolution, even our black African ancestors will not make this mistake.  Evolutionism is intellectual suicide.  It is an embarrassment on the human psyche, it is what can be rightly called as "intellectual genocide".

wirinet:

Olaadegun, it is fruitless discussing with you, you have zero understanding of the concepts you are attempting to argue, you have been copying and pasting for as long as i have known you. I had tried in some occasions to educate you on basic science but you are usually not interested in learning. You just continue to spew out the some religious dogma we had heard since our toddler days. Also i had advised you to be content with your religious dogma and leave science.

There you go again, bluffing and attacking the person instead of the issue at hand.  Again I assert that evolutionism is not science, it is just intellectual genocide masquerading as science.  It is true that I am neither a scientist nor a theologian but I know a scientists when I see one.  In the thread on the Questions for atheists and evolutionists on post #166, where I refuted the reasons you gave for the origin of life I did not see you come back to lecture me.  Real scientists like Noetic, Daviddylan, No2Atheism and the likes can attest to the fact that you evolutionists are con artists, trying to give the impression that you are rocket scientists when you are not so as to deceive others into swallowing your Darwinian doctrine of "goo to you via the zoo."  A good place for you to learn is what is called proper science and not what you call the theory of evolution.  Let me quote a British journalist and philosopher, Malcolm Muggeridge who said:

"I myself am convinced that the theory of evolution, especially the extent to which it has been applied, will be one of the great jokes in the history books of the future.  Posterity will marvel that so flimsy and dubious an hypothesis could be accepted with the incredible credulity that it has."

I hope you can now see how ridiculous evolutionism is perceived and how it cannot be equated with real science.  I do not have to be a rocket scientist to realise that.

wirinet:

It is highly irrational for a non scientist ( a theologian) to argue with a scientist on science. It is like a pilot arguing with a musician on the workings of a plane.

Just as it is highly irrational for an evolutionist (non scientist) to argue with a real scientist (biblical creationist) on science.  A pilot is good at being a pilot and a musician is good at being a musician just as a con artist is good at being a hustler.  You should know by now that evolutionism is a faith based on fantasy while biblical creationism is based on facts that support the Bible.  Both are based on faith but my faith has a foundation which is Christ, the solid rock on which I stand and all other grounds are sinking grounds.

This is a quote from Charles Burckhalter of the Chabot Observatory;

"The study of the Book of Job and its comparison with the latest scientific discoveries has brought me to the matured conviction that the Bible is an inspired book and was written by the One who made the stars."

wirinet:

You should get it into your psyche that the Bible and it doctrine does not make sense to over 60% of the world population. I find it hard to believe that one book is an authority unto itself, meaning the Bible is the only proof of the authenticity of the Bible, or the Bible is the proof of God and God is the the proof of the Bible.

The rejection of the Bible's account of creation as given in the Book of Genesis is  what I referred to earlier as intellectual genocide.  This is because it has eradicated man's purpose of existence and left a whole generation with no certainty as to its beginning.  You will rather the world's population believe your own version of how the universe, earth and life begun which gives birth to painful conjecture of human beginnings.  You speak in speculation, the uncertain language of those who drift aimlessly across the endless sea of secular philosophy.  Everyone has a choice of whose report to believe, the report of the Creator God as written in the Bible or the report of secular philosopy.  As for me and my house we have received the report of the Lord who was an Eyewitness to the acts of His creation.  Let the whole world be liars God will remain true to His Word.  One with God is a majority and the people that lived during the antidulivian age will testify to that.

The Bible, on the other hand, deals only with truth and certainty. It talks of fact, reality and purpose for man's existence. The darkness of the raging sea of futility retreats where the lighthouse of Genesis begins.
Re: Oh Black Man Athiesm Insults Thee! by bawomolo(m): 7:31pm On Jun 19, 2009
esensed:

no it is part of it

part of what?
Re: Oh Black Man Athiesm Insults Thee! by Tudor6(f): 7:56pm On Jun 19, 2009
@oladeegbu
has it ever occurred to you that not all atheists subscribe to evolution?
Even before the theory of evolution there were atheists.
Atheism is strictly defined by 'disbelief in the existence of god' and not faith in evolution.

1 Like

Re: Oh Black Man Athiesm Insults Thee! by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:15am On Jun 20, 2009
Tudór:

@oladeegbu
Atheism is strictly defined by 'disbelief in the existence of god' and not faith in evolution.

It is not surprising that atheists are now dropping the theory of evolution like hot potato just as they are distancing themselves from the theory of the big bang. The fact that you deny the existence of God still puts you in the same boat. To examine the evidence, there can be no doubt that God exists even our forefathers are wise enough to admit that. Every building has a builder. Everything made has a maker. The fact of the existence of the Creator is axiomatic. That is why the Bible says, "The fool has said in his heart, 'There is no God'" (Psalm 14:1).

I leave you with the words of Dwight Eisenhower, which says that:

"It takes no brains to be an atheist. Any stupid person can deny the existence of a supernatural power because man's physical senses cannot detect it. But there cannot be ignored the influence of conscience, the respect we feel for the Moral Law the mystery of first life . . . or the marvelous order in which the universe moves about us on this earth. All these evidence the handiwork of the beneficent Deity . . . That Deity is the God of the Bible and Jesus Christ, His Son."
Re: Oh Black Man Athiesm Insults Thee! by bindex(m): 2:12am On Jun 20, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

It is not surprising that atheists are now dropping the theory of evolution like hot potato just as they are distancing themselves from the theory of the big bang. The fact that you deny the existence of God still puts you in the same boat. To examine the evidence, there can be no doubt that God exists even our forefathers are wise enough to admit that.

You always seem to forget that there are millions of atheist that do not believe in the TOE, On the other hand there are so many christians that believe in it. What are the "evidence"? What you see around is evidence for vision and environment not evidence for god.

Every building has a builder. Everything made has a maker. The fact of the existence of the Creator is axiomatic. That is why the Bible says, "The fool has said in his heart, 'There is no God'" (Psalm 14:1).

Sure every god has a maker too. If everything needs a maker then god also needs a maker, Who created god? As far as I know men did. No god has ever spoken to you about his existence, all you have are men speaking and telling you about the existence of their various gods. No god has ever spoken for him self.

I leave you with the words of Dwight Eisenhower, which says that:

"It takes no brains to be an atheist. Any stupid person can deny the existence of a supernatural power because man's physical senses cannot detect it. But there cannot be ignored the influence of conscience, the respect we feel for the Moral Law the mystery of first life . . . or the marvelous order in which the universe moves about us on this earth. All these evidence the handiwork of the beneficent Deity . . . That Deity is the God of the Bible and Jesus Christ, His Son."

So god is the one that makes people to have respect for moral law The same god that told people to kill, rape, steal and destroy others in the bible? . Assertions and claims are not evidence are they?

1 Like

Re: Oh Black Man Athiesm Insults Thee! by noetic2: 2:52am On Jun 20, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

Don't deceive yourself into thinking that evolutionism is science, if it is any thing at all it is bad science.  Let me give you a scenario and see if you can answer me without the usual cop-out of the "I don't know" mantra.  If every creature "evolved" as you want us to believe, without any Creator can you answer these pertinent questions.  Take for instance the first bird.  Was it male or female?  Let's say it was a male.  How did it produce offspring without a mate?  If a female evolved, why did it evolve with differing reproductive organs?  Did it evolve by chance, or did it evolve because it knew that it was needed by the male of the species?  How did it know what needed to be evolved if its brain hadn't yet evolved?  Did the bird breathe?  Did it breathe before it developed lungs?  How did it do this?  Why did it evolve lungs if it was happily surviving without them?  Did the bird have a mouth?  How did it eat before it had evolved a mouth?  Where did the mouth send the food before the stomach evolved?  How did the bird have energy if it did not eat because it didn't yet have a mouth?  How did the bird see what there was to eat before its eyes evolved? 

You can now see how silly it is for someone to claim that he is intelligent to believe in evolution, even our black African ancestors will not make this mistake.  Evolutionism is intellectual suicide.  It is an embarrassment on the human psyche, it is what can be rightly called as "intellectual genocide".

Whaooo. U left me speechless. This is brilliant.

I will like to quote and illustrate this to other evolutionists.
Re: Oh Black Man Athiesm Insults Thee! by noetic2: 2:54am On Jun 20, 2009
Tudór:

@oladeegbu

You are right.
But u can forgive us for always attacking the evolution LIE, because thats what most atheists run under when asked for an alternative.
Re: Oh Black Man Athiesm Insults Thee! by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:58am On Jun 20, 2009
bindex:

You always seem to forget that there are millions of atheist that do not believe in the TOE, On the other hand there are so many christians that believe in it. What are the "evidence"? What you see around is evidence for vision and environment not evidence for god.

I find it difficult to believe a genuine Christian can believe in the so called TOE, it is either they are sincerely ignorant or deliberately rebellious. It is either you accept the final authority of the Bible in all matters or you try to prove "intelligent" by compromising to the authority of the world's philosophy. It was the late Dr. James Kennedy that asserted that "You cannot say, 'No, Lord,' and mean both words; one annuls the other. If you say no to Him, then He is not your Lord." If you claim to be a Christian then you will believe every word that Jesus said as the final authority.

It is more reasonable to believe that a book had no printer than to believe that there is no God. Who in his right mind would ever believe that no one compiled its pages, no one produced the graphic art and no one printed it. That the book just happened by chance, from nothing. That there was no paper, no ink, no cardboard and no glue. The paper just came into being from nothing, then trimmed itself into perfectly straight edges. All the words fell into place, forming coherent sentences and then the graphic art appeared. The pages fell into numerical order and finally the book bound itself. The fact that there was a printer is self evident, so it would be intellectually insulting to even begin to argue for the case of the printer's existence. For the same reason, the Bible does not enter into the case for God's existence. It simply begins by stating, "At the beginning God created the heaven and earth." (Gen.1:1).

bindex:

Sure every god has a maker too. If everything needs a maker then god also needs a maker, Who created god? As far as I know men did. No god has ever spoken to you about his existence, all you have are men speaking and telling you about the existence of their various gods. No god has ever spoken for him self.

You said "every[b]thing[/b]" but you unaware that God is not a thing. Everything has a beginning and an ending but God is the beginning and the end, the Alpha and Omega He has no end and has no beginning and that is why He is called God the first Cause of all things who lives in eternity, the life time of the never dying God.

It is amazing how it's human nature to assume that because we believe or don't believe something, that makes it true. Some may not believe in the law of gravity as one KAG said, and may feel that they have "evidence" to back up their belief. However, gravity exists whether you like am whether you no like am, whether you believe it or not. The truth is, God is knowable. Jesus testified, "And this is life eternal, that they might know the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent" (John 17:3). We not only have the testimony of the Bible to tell us this, but we have the testimony of multitudes of Christians even here on NL who know the Lord personally. It is more truthful to say, "I don't want to know God." Sinful man's heart is deceitful and terribly wicked and will want to run from God as Adam and Eve did in the Garden of Eden.

bindex:

So god is the one that makes people to have respect for moral law The same god that told people to kill, rape, steal and destroy others in the bible? . Assertions and claims are not evidence are they?

If you study the Bible very well you will discover that God didn't confine His wrath to the Canaanites or those mentioned in the book of Revolution Revelation. He proclaimed the death sentence upon the whole of humanity. We will all die because we have broken God's Law. Everyone of us is waiting on death row. Instead of standing in moral judgment over Almighty God, we need to judge ourselves according to the Law of God. We will find that we have a multitude of sins and therefore are deserving of punishment. Yet God, out of love, paid the penalty for our sin so we would not have to.
Re: Oh Black Man Athiesm Insults Thee! by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:08am On Jun 20, 2009
noetic2:

Whaooo. U left me speechless. This is brilliant.

I will like to quote and illustrate this to other evolutionists.

God bless you brother. I must say that I am also impressed in what you are doing here on NL may the Lord give you more wisdom and understanding so as to use your scientific background for His glory. Continue the good work of Christ. You are free to use and quote any of the posts to the glory of God.
Re: Oh Black Man Athiesm Insults Thee! by bawomolo(m): 4:16am On Jun 20, 2009
It is not surprising that atheists are now dropping the theory of evolution like hot potato just as they are distancing themselves from the theory of the big bang.

Why do you associate atheists with the theory of evolution and the big bang?

But u can forgive us for always attacking the evolution LIE, because thats what most atheists run under when asked for an alternative.

you do realize there are many theist backers of evolution?
Re: Oh Black Man Athiesm Insults Thee! by skyone(m): 7:24am On Jun 20, 2009
@ OLAADEGBU

I dont really know why you are wasting your time trying to explain things to bunch of confused people. Just imagine

Some believe in evolution some dont believe in evolution
Some believe in th BB some dont believe in BB

You see this people are so confused that they have no clue about how they created. I see them as people who are silently insane.
Re: Oh Black Man Athiesm Insults Thee! by Tudor6(f): 10:02am On Jun 20, 2009
@skyone
This shows atheism is a PERSONAL thing. You choose what you want to believe and not subscribe to a central dogma.
That i might not have the full facts as to how i was created doesn't make your creation story any valid
Re: Oh Black Man Athiesm Insults Thee! by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:20am On Jun 20, 2009
skyone:

@ OLAADEGBU

I dont really know why you are wasting your time trying to explain things to bunch of confused people. Just imagine

Some believe in evolution some dont believe in evolution
Some believe in th BB some dont believe in BB

You see this people are so confused that they have no clue about how they created. I see them as people who are silently insane.

It is true that many of them have no clue as to the meaning of their confusing theories which has no basis but they all have one thing in common and that is the belief in the none existence of God.  The Bible is so accurate when it says "The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God" and when it is translated to my Yoruba Bible it reads "An insane man says in his heart, There is no God"

They don't understand that our faith as Christians isn't just intellectual, it's experiential.  We don't only know about God but we know Him.  

The Bible says:

"Taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusts in Him" (Psalm 34:cool.  

The man with an experience is not at the mercy of a man with an argument.
Re: Oh Black Man Athiesm Insults Thee! by skyone(m): 10:30am On Jun 20, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

It is true that many of them have no clue as to the meaning of their confusing theories which has no basis but they all have one thing in common and that is the belief in the none existence of God. The Bible is so accurate when it says "The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God" and when it is translated to my Yoruba Bible it reads "An insane man says in his heart, There is no God"

They don't understand that our faith as Christians isn't just intellectual, it's experiential. We don't only know about God but we know Him.

The Bible says:

"Taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusts in Him" (Psalm 34:cool.

The man with an experience is not at the mercy of a man with an argument.

I'm sure after reading your post they will run away but i tell you, you can still catch them making fool of themselves on other threads, just watch. grin
Re: Oh Black Man Athiesm Insults Thee! by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:31am On Jun 20, 2009
Tudór:

@skyone
This shows atheism is a PERSONAL thing. You choose what you want to believe and not subscribe to a central dogma.
That i might not have the full facts as to how i was created doesn't make your creation story any valid

Since this thread is about how ridiculous atheism is to a black man I will suggest that you watch the videolink below and see how the Black slaves inspired the Negro Spirituals as well as the song called "Amazing Grace" and you will come to understand why African Americans and Afro carribeans get emotionally attached to that song.

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=db6442f57606c6fedd54

http://www.godtube.com/shalominYeshua
Re: Oh Black Man Athiesm Insults Thee! by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:43am On Jun 20, 2009
skyone:

I'm sure after reading your post they will run away but i tell you, you can still catch them making fool of themselves on other threads, just watch. grin

They can only run but they cannot hide from the all compassing eyes of God.  Let me share a verse of the scriptures with them and also read about its commentary by a creation scientist who doubles up as a theologian in the person of H. Morris, PhD:

"O Lord, thou hast searched me, and known me." (Psalm 139:1)

Perhaps the most frightening attribute of God is that He knows everything about us. Everything! He has "searched" (literally "penetrated"wink us and "known" ("understood"wink us. And since God is both omnipresent and omniscient, it obviously follows that nothing escapes His conscious knowledge about us. He observes our ordinary activities (v. 2) and our innermost thoughts. "Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways" (v. 3). The Hebrew word translated "compassest" suggests that He actually sees the formation of the words in our tongues before we begin to speak them (v. 4). That means that we are transparent to Him; we cannot deceive Him in any way. He knows what we are going to think; we cannot hide anything from Him. God knows what only we know about ourselves, and those things we won't even admit to ourselves.

Furthermore, He is everywhere around each one of us (vv. 7-10), wherever we are or could be. He fills all space, and there is no escape. We cannot hide from God. He is wherever we go. The apostle Paul once observed: "For in him we live, and move, and have our being" (Acts 17:28). This very intimate and complete knowledge about us is what makes God's salvation such a marvelous matter. "For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:6-cool. God loves us in spite of what we have become. Yet, since He knows what we could be, He gives us eternal life through His Son so that we will realize, one day, what He knows we shall be. HMM
Re: Oh Black Man Athiesm Insults Thee! by wirinet(m): 2:13pm On Jun 20, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

See what a black man who has been brainwashed by the evolutionary fantasies of his heroes that he cannot even see that they are cursing his ancestors. If someone was to denigrate your forefathers with abusive words that person would probably walk away with a black eye but here are some white racists who have brainwashed you into believing that your grandparents were at one time Mr. Fish and that they eventually became monkeys (ape-like creatures) before they gave birth to you and that the white race have evolved than the blacks and you are here accusing your black brethren of having a low IQ believing that you are more intellectually advanced than them. Even my ancestors, (not yours since you believe that they were fishes), had more sense to know of the existence of the creator God even though some of them might not know Him intimately.

As i have said the need to defend your faith makes you argue aimlessly, how can you allege that evolution theory was primary denegrate the black man? or that the black race is a member of another specie different from the white man. When did any evolution theory refer to my grand parents or even to my great20 grand parents. You reasoning seem to be supporting the assumption that blacks have inferior IQ to whites or else how would you explain the facts that white had more sense to study nature and science and produce things that is beneficial to the whole world, your ancestors had only sense to know and worship Gods, both local and international, without making any beneficial contribution to themselves not to talk of others.
OLAADEGBU:

You can now see how silly it is for someone to claim that he is intelligent to believe in evolution, even our black African ancestors will not make this mistake. Evolutionism is intellectual suicide. It is an embarrassment on the human psyche, it is what can be rightly called as "intellectual genocide".

If Evolution is as stupid as you assert, then how come it had gained huge popularity since it was first proposed by Darwin, How come all the major universities in the world and almost all the professors of science in the world subscribe to it. If Evolution is intellectual genocide, then we would have no universities or scientists left in the world ouside theological universities.

How do you expect our ancestors to understand evolution when even you living in the 21st century do not have a clue as to what it means. What branch of science or sublect did our ancestors study.

OLAADEGBU:

Don't deceive yourself into thinking that evolutionism is science, if it is any thing at all it is bad science. Let me give you a scenario and see if you can answer me without the usual cop-out of the "I don't know" mantra. If every creature "evolved" as you want us to believe, without any Creator can you answer these pertinent questions. Take for instance the first bird. Was it male or female? Let's say it was a male. How did it produce offspring without a mate? If a female evolved, why did it evolve with differing reproductive organs? Did it evolve by chance, or did it evolve because it knew that it was needed by the male of the species? How did it know what needed to be evolved if its brain hadn't yet evolved? Did the bird breathe? Did it breathe before it developed lungs? How did it do this? Why did it evolve lungs if it was happily surviving without them? Did the bird have a mouth? How did it eat before it had evolved a mouth? Where did the mouth send the food before the stomach evolved? How did the bird have energy if it did not eat because it didn't yet have a mouth? How did the bird see what there was to eat before its eyes evolved?
The stupidity of your argument is only surpassed by the extent of your ignorance. To even give those questions attention is like giving attention to someone asking how the picture of a baby you are looking at suddenly became a grey haired old man standing before you now, so it was not possible for the baby and the old man to be the same.

Although that is your first attempt at actually using you reasoning power to ask questions on evolution outside your usual Google, cut and paste method. It was a woeful attempt, I can even bet you will not find that kind of question in any creationist site. Also I do not think any Evolutionist will attempt to answer a question as stupid as those you asked of evolution. It means you do not even understand the literary meaning of EVOLUTION, so start with a dictionary.

OLAADEGBU:

There you go again, bluffing and attacking the person instead of the issue at hand. Again I assert that evolutionism is not science, it is just intellectual genocide masquerading as science. It is true that I am neither a scientist nor a theologian but I know a scientists when I see one. In the thread on the Questions for atheists and evolutionists on post #166, where I refuted the reasons you gave for the origin of life I did not see you come back to lecture me. Real scientists like Noetic, Daviddylan, No2Atheism and the likes can attest to the fact that you evolutionists are con artists, trying to give the impression that you are rocket scientists when you are not so as to deceive others into swallowing your Darwinian doctrine of "goo to you via the zoo." A good place for you to learn is what is called proper science and not what you call the theory of evolution. Let me quote a British journalist and philosopher, Malcolm Muggeridge who said:

"I myself am convinced that the theory of evolution, especially the extent to which it has been applied, will be one of the great jokes in the history books of the future. Posterity will marvel that so flimsy and dubious an hypothesis could be accepted with the incredible credulity that it has."

I hope you can now see how ridiculous evolutionism is perceived and how it cannot be equated with real science. I do not have to be a rocket scientist to realise that.

Just as it is highly irrational for an evolutionist (non scientist) to argue with a real scientist (biblical creationist) on science. A pilot is good at being a pilot and a musician is good at being a musician just as a con artist is good at being a hustler. You should know by now that evolutionism is a faith based on fantasy while biblical creationism is based on facts that support the Bible. Both are based on faith but my faith has a foundation which is Christ, the solid rock on which I stand and all other grounds are sinking grounds.

This is a quote from Charles Burckhalter of the Chabot Observatory;

"The study of the Book of Job and its comparison with the latest scientific discoveries has brought me to the matured conviction that the Bible is an inspired book and was written by the One who made the stars."

The rejection of the Bible's account of creation as given in the Book of Genesis is what I referred to earlier as intellectual genocide. This is because it has eradicated man's purpose of existence and left a whole generation with no certainty as to its beginning. You will rather the world's population believe your own version of how the universe, earth and life begun which gives birth to painful conjecture of human beginnings. You speak in speculation, the uncertain language of those who drift aimlessly across the endless sea of secular philosophy. Everyone has a choice of whose report to believe, the report of the Creator God as written in the Bible or the report of secular philosopy. As for me and my house we have received the report of the Lord who was an Eyewitness to the acts of His creation. Let the whole world be liars God will remain true to His Word. One with God is a majority and the people that lived during the antidulivian age will testify to that.

The Bible, on the other hand, deals only with truth and certainty. It talks of fact, reality and purpose for man's existence. The darkness of the raging sea of futility retreats where the lighthouse of Genesis begins.

Itis obvious you do not understand the meaning of the word science, so how do you know a scientist even if he is standing on your nose. Now wonder you rely on the words of others you believe are scientists, without understanding the topic in question. Also no wonder you call biblical creationists, scientists. Please explain the science behind biblical creation.

Please explain how the book of job compares with the lastest scientific discoveries. Which aspect of the book of job is science? is it the resurrection of his wife, children and animals?. I do not know where you get your stories from.
Please lay out the FACTS behind that support the biblical stories.

Well to me the Bible did not provide a reasonable purpose of existence, which is to be a servant to your God for my entire earth days and the reward is the priviledge to continue the servitude till eternity, to be given a drug like euphoria to make the praise singing and worship more bearable. I do not want that sort of purpose for my life.

You assume your whole household must worship with you, what happens if your child changes church or religion? you will disown him or her. Talk for your self and probably your wife, you remaining household will choose their destiny.

I know arguing with you is like talking to a statue and expecting it understand what is being said.
Re: Oh Black Man Athiesm Insults Thee! by noetic2: 2:55pm On Jun 20, 2009
wirinet:

The stupidity of your argument is only surpassed by the extent of your ignorance. To even give those questions attention is like giving attention to someone asking how the picture of a baby you are looking at suddenly became a grey haired old man standing before you now, so it was not possible for the baby and the old man to be the same.

Although that is your first attempt at actually using you reasoning power to ask questions on evolution outside your usual Google, cut and paste method. It was a woeful attempt, I can even bet you will not find that kind of question in any creationist site. Also I do not think any Evolutionist will attempt to answer a question as stupid as those you asked of evolution. It means you do not even understand the literary meaning of EVOLUTION, so start with a dictionary.

This is meaningless and ridiculous.

You have NOT said anything to either refute or dispute his assertion. You are only throwing words around.
He has asked u pertinent questions about the perceived evolution of a bird, the least u can do is to answer his questions. Stop all this meaningless semantics.

Itis obvious you do not understand the meaning of the word science, so how do you know a scientist even if he is standing on your nose. Now wonder you rely on the words of others you believe are scientists, without understanding the topic in question. Also no wonder you call biblical creationists, scientists. Please explain the science behind biblical creation.

And do u know the meaning of science? You wrongly asserted that atheism is science, that was  . . . . .

Please explain how the book of job compares with the lastest scientific discoveries. Which aspect of the book of job is science? is it the resurrection of his wife, children and animals?. I do not know where you get your stories from.
Please lay out the FACTS behind that support the biblical stories.

Well to me the Bible did not provide a reasonable purpose of existence, which is to be a servant to your God for my entire earth days and the reward is the priviledge to continue the servitude till eternity, to be given a drug like euphoria to make the praise singing and worship more bearable. I do not want that sort of purpose for my life.

You assume your whole household must worship with you, what happens if your child changes church or religion? you will disown him or her. Talk for your self and probably your wife, you remaining household will choose their destiny.

I know arguing with you is like talking to a statue and expecting it understand what is being said.

The bone of contention has always been the alternative to the bible. The bible makes very bold assertions. If u think this assertions are false, is it not pertinent that u produce alternatives?

If TOE has been continuosly ridiculed and found intellectually porous, isnt it pertinent that u abandon it?
Re: Oh Black Man Athiesm Insults Thee! by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:20pm On Jun 20, 2009
bawomolo:

Why do you associate atheists with the theory of evolution and the big bang?

It is true that not all atheists are evolutionists but all evolutionists that I know are atheists.

bawomolo:

you do realize there are many theist backers of evolution?

It is equally true that all theists may not know God experientially, many of them only know about God but do not know God and this explains why they take their authority from secular's philosophies which they place over and above the unchanging word of God.
Re: Oh Black Man Athiesm Insults Thee! by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:27pm On Jun 20, 2009
@noetic2,

Thanks for your precise observance on wirinet's response, it was full of hot air and no substance. "When a shoe is thrown into a pack of wolves the one that yelps is the one that got hit." It is obvious that He got the message and that explains the reason why he had to resort to bluffing and ad Hominems to divert the subject. I can only hope and pray that he has a sober reflection on those questions that he evaded or avoided and come up with answers as soon as possible.
Re: Oh Black Man Athiesm Insults Thee! by bindex(m): 7:14pm On Jun 20, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

"At the beginning God created the heaven and earth." (Gen.1:1).

You said "every[b]thing[/b]" but you unaware that God is not a thing.  Everything has a beginning and an ending but God is the beginning and the end, the Alpha and Omega He has no end and has no beginning and that is why He is called God the first Cause of all things who lives in eternity, the life time of the never dying God.

grin grin, Did any god tell you that himself or did you just ascribe all those qualities to your imaginary deity? god is not a thing yet he has some chracteristics or descriptions. I thought only things have characteristics and description? The ridicolous lengths you guys go to make sure that your imaginary deity remains beyond description is absurd and stunning. God is not a thing yet he posesses attributes that things posses. 

If you study the Bible very well you will discover that God didn't confine His wrath to the Canaanites or those mentioned in the book of Revolution Revelation.  He proclaimed the death sentence upon the whole of humanity.  We will all die because we have broken God's Law. Everyone of us is waiting on death row.  Instead of standing in moral judgment over Almighty God, we need to judge ourselves according to the Law of God.  We will find that we have a multitude of sins and therefore are deserving of punishmentYet God, out of love, paid the penalty for our sin so we would not have to.

I don't even know what to make of the above drivel. Honestly this is the most outlandish nonsense I have heard all week. Imagine I once used to believe in all this nonsense.  grin grin. So god a "loving" deity that is supposed to "love" all humans created every body and put them on death row because adam and eve were tempted to eat a fruit ? A friut they suposedly ate without even knowing that they did any wrong by eating it until after they had eaten it.  I thought the ancient jews used to appease god by scaficing their animals or their enemies(mostly virgins girl) so that he will not kill them off? What made him change his mind? were human and animal blood no longer tasty or did this god simply get tired of human and animal scarifice? So this god had to kill himself to save humans from himself when he was once very happy with them scarificing their animals and their children or enemies unto him? What kind of drivel is this?
Re: Oh Black Man Athiesm Insults Thee! by Tudor6(f): 4:56am On Jun 21, 2009
For hundreds of years the african man was enslaved and his land colonized. The pepertuators of this evil act came bearing the message of christianity. The church was very much in support of colonization and slavery. . . Yet we do not see the likes of escensed and olaadegbu wailing ''o black man christianity insults thee'' .

Further back in bible history, father abraham had slaves,he even had sex with one of them who bore him a son,only to send her packing into the desert with little food (and he was rewarded with 'father of nations' title). The bible god commands the isrealites to take slaves from stolen lands, even the kings of isreal and judah had slaves yet yahweh didn't send the likes of samuel and jeremiah to decry this crime against humanity.
In the time of jesus slavery was popular,no where did jesus lash out against the slave masters. Cornelius the roman officer who sent a slave to summon peter was never rebuked or told to set them free. . . .Blacks being a race that have been so enslaved should rather be INSULTED by worshipping a god who has no problem with human enslavement and in essense sent the slave masters. . .
Re: Oh Black Man Athiesm Insults Thee! by skyone(m): 7:55am On Jun 21, 2009
@ Tudor
I thought slavery, civilisation and development all started in Egypt and dated back to 400 years ago (if i'm correct) before liberalisation. sad

The negroid were only enslaved for half a century and that's between 1850 - 1920 compare to those who were enslaved by the Egyptians which includes the English, Americans etc as we both understands process of migration.

To my understanding, i believe the world goes round and the issue of slavery exist in every country of this world before civilisation took over. Slavery in every country includes Britain, Nigeria, America etc, in fact here in Britain what will you call the situation of the Queen, She doesnt work, non of the Royal family works but we the nation pays them an unimaginable amount of money.

Slavery is part of the reason why Jesus came to earth, to liberate and set the captive free, but only to those who are willing to accept him. sad
Re: Oh Black Man Athiesm Insults Thee! by Tudor6(f): 8:50am On Jun 21, 2009
How can you say slavery started 400 years ago?. . . Father abraham had slaves and it's well documented in the bible. The isrealites were held as slaves by the egyptians for years and later released. Upon gaining their freedom they were commanded by yahweh to raid,loot and kill taking slaves where they can.
Jesus came to set captives free indeed. . .Show me where he outrightly condemned slavery in the bible. .

My point is your god has no problems with people enslaving their fellow men and as a race who were once victims it's an insult on our fore fathers to bow to the god of the slave master. . .

(1) (2) (Reply)

For Intelligent Mind Only. [God Created The Universe Or Universe Created God] / Our Distorted Value System / The Missing God A Story By Johnydon22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 195
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.