Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,579 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) (53975 Views)

Okonjo-iweala With IMF Boss, Christine Lagarde (photos) / Christine Lagarde With Nigerian Children In New Photo / Buhari With Christine Lagarde At Aso Rock Villa + Details Of What Was Discussed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by olamakinde(m): 9:59am On Jan 09, 2016
Pidggin:
This is why there is no hope for our economy, with the obvious inferiority complex I am seeing in the second picture, I weep for my country.
weep for yourself
Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by chrisnero(m): 9:59am On Jan 09, 2016
I respect Madam Ngozi likewise the international community who is our current minister of economy?

1 Like

Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by sunnyb0b0(m): 10:03am On Jan 09, 2016
timsucess:

Don't be a fool

What is this one saying?
Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by paramakina202: 10:03am On Jan 09, 2016
flamyd:
she is not an APC woman she is a Minister of the federal republic.

awon wailers
Didn't you see or read the caption of the two pictures?Its PDP vs APC Ode.
Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by brainbox2014(m): 10:11am On Jan 09, 2016
Pidggin:
This is why there is no hope for our economy, with the obvious inferiority complex I am seeing in the second picture, I weep for my country.

That's not the look of inferiority but skepticism. It's the look you make when you're beign very critical of someone.

1 Like

Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by wazobiaN9(m): 10:12am On Jan 09, 2016
Pidggin:

Look at her body language, see how she folded her arms and leaned forward, see her stealing side looks at the IMF boss, she is not even bold enough to give her a proper side glance. Now take a look at the first picture, see the confidence in Madam Ngozi, notice how she looks at the IMF boss straight in the eyes, heck, it seems like she's even talking down to her.

Where do i begin from??! You have made an analysis based on your leaking bile.. bitterness and resentment glaring.

The pictures have very little or nothing in common. One shows 2 individuals facing each other and chatting. The other shows 2 individuals facing a mix of audience and only one of them addressing the audience, the other passive.

Your case appears hopeless. You may die quickly if you allow the bitterness in you to continue building.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by adelujohn(m): 10:21am On Jan 09, 2016
That's what happens when people that comment on posts can't see beyond their nose.
Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by Biafrarep(m): 10:21am On Jan 09, 2016
mrmetoo1:
So Kemi should have been jumping up to hug her while she was giving a speech abi? Some people are just extremely dull.

P.S. Kemi is even kicking NOI's behind in the poll set up on a thread to make her look bad.
NOI towers heads & shoulders above Kemi in all ramification, even Kemi knows that. NOI achievements, qualification, pedigree etc is unrivalled in Africa, comparing her to Kemi is an insult to NOI because there is no basis for comparism. What is Kemi's Pedigree? A former commissioner in Ogun State Vs a World-class economist?? You must be joking! Kemi would be intimidated in any global economic forum because she is an unknown quantity that is yet to prove her mettle, again she does not evoke confidence in any way, at best she looks like a college student making a presentation. Finally, never use nairaland opinion poll as a yard-stick in making your assessment because a lot of folks here are simply ignorant, overtly biased, sentimental & partisan.

3 Likes

Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by sage2(m): 10:22am On Jan 09, 2016
LoveMachine:

It's amazing how you could gather all that from a single picture. Let us be serious. NOI was talking to someone who was seated which naturally gives off the illusion of supremacy. Whereas Adeosun is being photographed in the background. The foreshortening of IMF Boss gives her a bigger stance in the second shot. Adeosun will do just fine. I'm mad about her relaxing her hair and not wearing it in its natural beautiful state but that's a discussion for another day.

All in all Naija will be fine. Peace.

Though I disagree with some of your points, I like the way you presented your argument without insulting anyone. And like you said, "Naija will be fine".

1 Like

Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by LoveMachine(m): 10:23am On Jan 09, 2016
sage2:

Though I disagree with some of your points, I like the way you presented your argument without insulting anyone. And like you said, "Naija will be fine".

Respect.
Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by Nobody: 10:23am On Jan 09, 2016
warripekin:
One is a teacher, schooling her peer, the other, I don't know, she look so intimidated. Buhari no try at all.
Okonjo is like, welcome bring the money, sharing is all that matters
APC is like " when you're finished with your rhetoric, you will pack your handbag and go"
Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by iamkneeyi: 10:33am On Jan 09, 2016
Empty calabash makes the loudest noise..
Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by mrmetoo1: 10:33am On Jan 09, 2016
Biafrarep:
NOI towers heads & shoulders above Kemi in all ramification, even Kemi knows that. NOI achievements, qualification, pedigree etc is unrivalled in Africa, comparing her to Kemi is an insult to NOI because there is no basis for comparism. What is Kemi's Pedigree? A former commissioner in Ogun State Vs a World-class economist?? You must be joking! Kemi would be intimidated in any global economic forum because she is an unknown quantity that is yet to prove her mettle, again she does not evoke confidence in any way, at best she looks like a college student making a presentation. Finally, never use nairaland opinion poll as a yard-stick in making your assessment because a lot of folks here are simply ignorant, overtly biased, sentimental & partisan.

Yes sir!! Thanks for educating me about world economics and Nairaland polls.

On a serious note however, I never compared both. Fact of the matter is Kemi hasn't been there long enough or hasn't done enough for me to compare both. My response to this post was to point out how ridiculous folks on here are, using pictures to compare ability, it really is senseless. Even you're are concluding she was intimidated because of 2 pictures taken from 100s that'll have been taken.

Me referring to the poll again wasn't to measure their ability but to point out that even in a thread meant to make Kemi look bad, she's still beating NOI. This to me has nothing to do with Kemi's ability, it's just goes to show people's dissatisfaction with NOI

1 Like

Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by persius555(m): 10:41am On Jan 09, 2016
This woman, i just hope she understands the burden she has just signed up to shoulder. As from next week, she better start making her economic policy clear for all to see, or else...

1 Like

Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by awoluyi(m): 10:56am On Jan 09, 2016
From the reactions I have read so far, my conclusion is that Nigerians are wonderful people. I can see why many consult con men who look at their PICTURES and tell them their so-called past and future. Should I be surprised if somebody tells me my past? If I don't remember my past, I need to be taken to a psychiatric hospital. As for the future, the future- teller is nothing but a gambler! Since I lack knowledge of photograph reading, all I can make from the pictures are: 1.0 NOI was welcoming a familiar face, a colleague in profession and age. 2.0 Kemi Adeokun was listening attentively to Ms Lagarde's presentation so that her response will be articulate. 3.0 The one showing GEJ and IMF boss, the two were involved in general discussions on global issues. How APC, PDP and abusive languages came into this post is a mystery to me.

1 Like

Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by Chukazu: 10:56am On Jan 09, 2016
Wyttcat:
One is not given a seat at the table and has to be on her feet cos she's a puppet on errand, while the other is seen as equal with a seat to go with it.

and she -the puppet was given a big "hug?"
Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by Biafrarep(m): 11:00am On Jan 09, 2016
mrmetoo1:

Yes sir!! Thanks for educating me about world economics and Nairaland polls.

On a serious note however, I never compared both. Fact of the matter is Kemi hasn't been there long enough or hasn't done enough for me to compare both. My response to this post was to point out how ridiculous folks on here are, using pictures to compare ability, it really is senseless. Even you're are concluding she was intimidated because of 2 pictures taken from 100s that'll have been taken.

Me referring to the poll again wasn't to measure their ability but to point out that even in a thread meant to make Kemi look bad, she's still beating NOI. This to me has nothing to do with Kemi's ability, it's just goes to show people's dissatisfaction with NOI
Ok, I got your point but note that I didnt use the pictures in assessing them, I have seen Kemi in different foras even, her carriage/charism or lack of it coupled with low a profile CV is were my sceptism stems from.
Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by girlfriendsnatc: 11:05am On Jan 09, 2016
sunnyb0b0:
Caption the pic

One was a fat pig working as a secret agent of the Bretton Woods institutions to kill our economy.
Caption
Okonjo: Nigeria needs more structural adjustment programs
Lagarde: Hmmmm, Okonjo your body needs structural adjustment program too

The second one is working for Nigeria
Caption
Lagarde: with the determination and consistency the Buhari government is showing in its anti-corruption campaign, I just came here to say Nigeria doesn't need our loans. The economy will prosper on its own. Btw, Kemi what a great shape, not like that fat pig.
Kemi: I know. I even squat and I don't eat 50 times a day like Okonjo.
Lagarde: please make the Nigerian economy sexy like you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by repogirl(f): 11:15am On Jan 09, 2016
Lagarde to Okonjo : hey! Ngo babe, My personal person!
Okonjo to Lagarde: Babe, how far na, long time, no see!

Lagarde to kemi: who be dis one, abeg?
Kemi to Largarde: abeg do go your house, jare! Leave trash for LAWMA!

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by sunnyb0b0(m): 11:21am On Jan 09, 2016
project8:
lagarde was like see our puppet ngozi...obviously dats y she was happy.meanwhile she knows dat our present finance minister refuse to succumb to their whims and caprices hence d serious face from both party

Yea, that's why a pound is now......

1 Like

Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by gbrown(m): 11:25am On Jan 09, 2016
Pidggin:
THERE IS MASSIVE HOPE FOR NIGERIA AND MASSIVE HOPE FOR OUR ECONOMY, BUT THERE IS NO HOPE FOR BIAFRA,HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! ENEMIES OF PROGRESS

1 Like

Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by slowice(m): 11:31am On Jan 09, 2016
Kemi 1st pic was like: choi dis woman no book ooo grin grin

2nd pic: abeg oo mek I respect masef befor dem go say I don misplace tinz for dis table ooo grin grin grin

Mek dis meetin do finish b4 I faint ...even dis Air conditioners dey blow hot sef cry

1 Like

Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by bababuff(m): 11:39am On Jan 09, 2016
The OP is not serious. There is what will call "acquitance" NOI is more relax because she has interacted with the IMF lady several time. Look at the open arms welcome and hugging. They are friends.

1 Like

Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by PreyingMantis(m): 11:52am On Jan 09, 2016
mrmetoo1:
I'll tell you when I lost hope in the followers. It was during a May day rally where Jonathan was speaking in a stadium filled most likely with unemployed/underemployed young people. He went on to tell these people that those that claim Nigeria is a poor country are wrong because Nigeria has a lot of private jets, that Kenyans were astonished at the number of private jets Nigerians brought to a function going on there. That there's some amount of money you give a Nigerian and he'll reject but that if you take it to other countries they'll accept. The youth in this stadium didn't stone him, they didn't boo him, these guys clapped. At that moment is when I knew we were in trouble as a nation
What did you tell the youths when they were mesmerised with fake, unintelligent and unrealistic promises by the APC power mongers during the campaigns? I guess people like you swallowed their garbage hook, line and sinker without questions. Yet you have the boldness to come here and post rubbish

1 Like

Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by toyinolaigbe: 12:08pm On Jan 09, 2016
The OP must be jobless to have the time to dwell on irrelevant issues, please focus your time on something substantial and stop making 'VOX NIHILI.'
Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by Chibest2000(m): 12:13pm On Jan 09, 2016
The PDP picture is a matured to matured mind encounter whereas the APC is matured (old timer) to amateur (new in the game) type..
Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by Omeny: 12:20pm On Jan 09, 2016
LoveMachine:

Inferiority? Nah she looks like she doesn't trust white people. I ain't eem mad at her.

U don't trust White pple yet U do virtually everything like them, who's a fool then?

Don't be silly my friend!
Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by abeniagbon(m): 12:23pm On Jan 09, 2016
Pidggin:

Look at her body language, see how she folded her arms and leaned forward, see her stealing side looks at the IMF boss, she is not even bold enough to give her a proper side glance. Now take a look at the first picture, see the confidence in Madam Ngozi, notice how she looks at the IMF boss straight in the eyes, heck, it seems like she's even talking down to her. Check the fouth picture, see how Mrs Adeosun appears nervous, with her hands clasped together and leaning forward again, check the stiff shoulders which clearly shows fear, take a second look at her clueless facial expression.

That's how they have used you nigeria to steal the good meat in your pot.

He must have have been having a way to meet the nigeria in loan offering that's why I think they said they are not interested in it terms of loan.

So all those like and parol within Nkojo iweala means nothing now in our communities. So they are looking up for friendship to boost international trade back through the loan. So nigeria said no to there loan.
Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by abeniagbon(m): 12:27pm On Jan 09, 2016
LoveMachine:

Inferiority? Nah she looks like she doesn't trust white people. I ain't eem mad at her.

Trusting white man with there parol. That person na failure oooo. You must be very careful to agree with there terms.
Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by Wyttcat: 12:42pm On Jan 09, 2016
A puppet deserves a hug more than anyone cos it's not easy selling her future and that of her grandchildren. Try selling your house worth N100m for N1m and see if you won't get a bigger hug from the buyer, it's called MUMU hug. No white woman will hug you like that if she didn't have her way, which we know it's exploitation!

Chukazu:

and she -the puppet was given a big "hug?"
Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by Phobia1: 12:43pm On Jan 09, 2016
Pidggin:

Look at her body language, see how she folded her arms and leaned forward, see her stealing side looks at the IMF boss, she is not even bold enough to give her a proper side glance. Now take a look at the first picture, see the confidence in Madam Ngozi, notice how she looks at the IMF boss straight in the eyes, heck, it seems like she's even talking down to her. Check the fouth picture, see how Mrs Adeosun appears nervous, with her hands clasped together and leaning forward again, check the stiff shoulders which clearly shows fear, take a second look at her clueless facial expression.
som niigerian ppl mumu sha. see as ugo buy ten mb kon decide say na to use am untop picture wey uno knw wetin e mean at alll. abi u dey their two mind ni wey make u knw which 1 dey fear nd which one no dey fear. #Nawa o. stupid analyst/commentator
Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by Phobia1: 12:48pm On Jan 09, 2016
Yhinkss:
These PD.pig criers just want to hug on anything just to say something. They have no lifeline left. Their yansh have been busted with the exposure of how they have looted us in this country especially Mr Fortunato. I bet you if by tomorrow Shekarau is captured
they will say its against human right
They are ready to buttress their point with every stupidity.
Imagine what someone said just with picture of Adeosun listening to a person in a conference talking (should she break her talk to prove a point or did she not talk too in the same conference?) and the second pic of two people interacting
and jisting after the end of a conference that people are already standing up
This called DESPERATION

Stop disgracing yourself just to make a point
Mods pls note: Another Epic Response "OfTheYear"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ebonyi Women Protest Topless In Front Of Government House Over Sons' Arrest / EFCC Arrests Shehu Sani Over "Extortion" / Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi Meet USA Secretary Of States, Kerry (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.