Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,478 members, 7,836,886 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Emirates Airline V British Airways V US Airlines: Which Do You Prefer? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Emirates Airline V British Airways V US Airlines: Which Do You Prefer? (5474 Views)

Man Wears All His Clothes At The Airport To Avoid British Airways Luggage Fees / I'm Not A Racist, It Was A Joke. British Airways Stewardess Responds(Photos) / Emirates Airline Celebrates The April Fool's Day With This Insane Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emirates Airline V British Airways V US Airlines: Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 8:54am On Jan 09, 2016
In terms of in-flight service, punctuality of service and a host of other factors, which airline would you want to fly with on your next international trip?
Re: Emirates Airline V British Airways V US Airlines: Which Do You Prefer? by kingreign(m): 9:07am On Jan 09, 2016
CFCman:
In terms of in-flight service, punctuality of service and a host of other factors, which airline would you want to fly with on your next international trip?

Emirates is epic, they've got one of the best inflight service. Another good flight service is Turkish airlines. British airways and their useless idiotic 'British manners'.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emirates Airline V British Airways V US Airlines: Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 9:31am On Jan 09, 2016
kingreign:

Emirates is epic, they've got one of the best inflight service. Another good flight service is Turkish airlines. British airways and their useless idiotic 'British manners'.
Lol. What are their 'British manners'?

1 Like

Re: Emirates Airline V British Airways V US Airlines: Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 9:46am On Jan 09, 2016
cc:justwise
Re: Emirates Airline V British Airways V US Airlines: Which Do You Prefer? by kingreign(m): 11:09am On Jan 09, 2016
CFCman:

http://www.worldairlineawards.com/Awards/worlds_best_airline.html

Make cock grow teeth if disvirgined airlines or british airlines made that list.
This goes to show their shoddy 'british manners'. tongue
Re: Emirates Airline V British Airways V US Airlines: Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 11:15am On Jan 09, 2016
kingreign:

http://www.worldairlineawards.com/Awards/worlds_best_airline.html

Make cock grow teeth if disvirgined airlines or british airlines made that list.
This goes to show their shoddy 'british manners'. tongue
The awards are always dominated by the Middle East 3, and Asian carriers. Imagine the best US airline is ranked 49th? shocked
Re: Emirates Airline V British Airways V US Airlines: Which Do You Prefer? by Tequilah: 12:33pm On Jan 09, 2016
CFCman:

Their 'British' manners? Serving very 'stingy' miserly portions of cheap food, snotty air-hostesses that take forever to attend to your simple requests (despite the fact that you paid in full for the trip , o!) and little baggage allowance.

I once flew BA Lagos-London flight. Immediately we boarded, I developed a headache. I asked for panadol / painkillers from an air-hostess, as soon as we were mid-air. She initially ignored my request. I called the attention of another one, who promised to get me the pain killers. Despite several promptings, none of them provided me with panadol until about 30 minutes before touchdown. In fact, they started looking at me as if I was a pest! By the time we disembarked, the headache had become something else. sad

That was how I boycotted BA till date. I would rather fly any other airline but BA. Anyone who dashes me an airline ticket should not be surprised if I reject it, once it is BA. My hard-earned money will never enter their pocket again! angry I would rather fly Qatar Airlines or Etihad, than look in their direction.

Qatar Air has good service by the way... undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emirates Airline V British Airways V US Airlines: Which Do You Prefer? by kingreign(m): 1:02pm On Jan 09, 2016
Tequilah:

Their 'British' manners? Serving very 'stingy' miserly portions of cheap food, snotty air-hostesses that take forever to attend to your simple requests (despite the fact that you paid in full for the trip , o!) and little baggage allowance.

I once flew BA Lagos-London flight. Immediately we boarded, I developed a headache. I asked for panadol / painkillers from an air-hostess, as soon as we were mid-air. She initially ignored my request. I called the attention of another one, who promised to get me the pain killers. Despite several promptings, none of them provided me with panadol until about 30 minutes before touchdown. In fact, they started looking at me as if I was a pest! By the time we disembarked, the headache had become something else. sad

That was how I boycotted BA till date. I would rather fly any other airline but BA. Anyone who dashes me an airline ticket should not be surprised if I reject it, once it is BA. My hard-earned money will never enter their pocket again! angry I would rather fly Qatar Airlines or Etihad, than look in their direction.

So much for British manners, I'd rather choose Ethiopian airlines rather than British airways.

6 Likes

Re: Emirates Airline V British Airways V US Airlines: Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jan 09, 2016
kingreign:

So much for British manners, I'd rather choose Ethiopian airlines rather than British airways.
I flew Ethiopian recently, and I liked their service. The cabin crew were very courteous and professional. One could order for juice multiple times. And their IFE worked perfectly 99% of the time.

BA's appeal is it's direct service to London. Ultimately, people would prefer the direct 6hr 15min flight to the 16-hour flight time when flying on the Middle Eastern carriers. The layover times in Dubai or Doha means the total journey time goes over 20 hours.

3 Likes

Re: Emirates Airline V British Airways V US Airlines: Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jan 09, 2016
Tequilah:

I think the FAs were acting that way because there wasn't panadol readily available, or they had to ask another passenger for it. But they could acted in a more professional manner.
Re: Emirates Airline V British Airways V US Airlines: Which Do You Prefer? by kingreign(m): 8:28pm On Jan 09, 2016
CFCman:

I think the FAs were acting that way because there wasn't panadol readily available, or they had to ask another passenger for it. But they could acted in a more professional manner.

I know there's paracetamol/panadol in most int'l airlines. If BA didn't have it, they have on board medics, if they didn't have on board medics, they have red wine, if they didn't have it, they should go to hell.... angry

4 Likes

Re: Emirates Airline V British Airways V US Airlines: Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jan 09, 2016
Emirates anytime, any-day so long they fly to my destination.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emirates Airline V British Airways V US Airlines: Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 09, 2016
SimonPeters2020:
Emirates anytime, any-day so long they fly to my destination.
I'll choose them over any US carrier too.
Re: Emirates Airline V British Airways V US Airlines: Which Do You Prefer? by kingreign(m): 8:52pm On Jan 09, 2016
CFCman:

I flew Ethiopian recently, and I liked their service. The cabin crew were very courteous and professional. One could order for juice multiple times. And their IFE worked perfectly 99% of the time.

BA's appeal is it's direct service to London. Ultimately, people would prefer the direct 6hr 15min flight to the 16-hour flight time when flying on the Middle Eastern carriers. The layover times in Dubai or Doha means the total journey time goes over 20 hours.

does their 40kg hand luggage rule still apply?
Re: Emirates Airline V British Airways V US Airlines: Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jan 09, 2016
kingreign:
does their 40kg hand luggage rule still apply?
Nope. Its been increased to 45kg (for two bags).
Re: Emirates Airline V British Airways V US Airlines: Which Do You Prefer? by kingreign(m): 9:19pm On Jan 09, 2016
CFCman:
Nope. Its been increased to 45kg (for two bags).
na to carry sack of garry divide into 20kg x 2 remain na cheesy
Re: Emirates Airline V British Airways V US Airlines: Which Do You Prefer? by gogochocolate: 9:22pm On Jan 09, 2016
In my rating
Emirates should come first followed by
American airline
Ethiopian airline followed by
British airways. But funny enough I always flight British airways because they are more centrally located than others. However american airline can spoil some one with food. I used to respect British airways so much until I flew Lagos to London on ba and London new York on American airline and that day my respect for british airways disappeared especially with regards foods and drinks. British airways drinks were smaller than american. In terms of service british airways cabin crew no send you at all. Ethiopian cabin crew almost behave like slave to you. Emirates tops them all only issue with them is the small 40 kg baggage allowances. The best way to really compare them is to fly two airlines before you get to your destination. That way you will notice the difference clearly.
Re: Emirates Airline V British Airways V US Airlines: Which Do You Prefer? by kingreign(m): 9:32pm On Jan 09, 2016
gogochocolate:
In my rating
Emirates should come first followed by
American airline
Ethiopian airline followed by
British airways. But funny enough I always flight British airways because they are more centrally located than others. However american airline can spoil some one with food. I used to respect British airways so much until I flew Lagos to London on ba and London new York on American airline and that day my respect for british airways disappeared especially with regards foods and drinks. British airways drinks were smaller than american. In terms of service british airways cabin crew no send you at all. Ethiopian cabin crew almost behave like slave to you. Emirates tops them all only issue with them is the small 40 kg baggage allowances. The best way to really compare them is to fly two airlines before you get to your destination. That way you will notice the difference clearly.
true about using two airlines and doing a stop over.
Re: Emirates Airline V British Airways V US Airlines: Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 09, 2016
CFCman:

I'll choose them over any US carrier too.
GBAM, me too, without mincing words. More so, their in-flight services and entertainment, state of their air-crafts especially their airbus A380s are best to none.......And not forgetting to mention their air hostesses, damn, those girls fine die grin grin

1 Like

Re: Emirates Airline V British Airways V US Airlines: Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jan 09, 2016
SimonPeters2020:
GBAM, me too, without mincing words. More so, their in-flight services and entertainment, state of their air-crafts especially their airbus A380s are best to none.......And not forgetting to mention their air hostesses, damn, those girls fine die grin grin
Their IFE system that has over 2,000 channels shocked is unbeatable. The food portions in ECONOMY rival whatever US carriers serve in business, or even first class. The average age of Emirates fleet is around 7 years, that's how they keep maintenance costs low.

As for their air hostesses, I think Emirates has a policy of hiring only women that are 30 or younger as cabin crew staff; ditto for Qatar and Etihad. When the ladies reach 35, they are 'forced' to retire (so I heard). That's why it's all young women you as air hostesses. Air hostesses, working for Qatar airways, are barred from getting married and/or pregnant within the first 5 years of employment.

But in America, 60 year olds still work as air hostesses. And most of them can't move down the aisle without brushing your seat grin

1 Like

Re: Emirates Airline V British Airways V US Airlines: Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jan 09, 2016
kingreign:

na to carry sack of garry divide into 20kg x 2 remain na cheesy
Lol
Naija no dey carry last grin
But I wish a Nigerian carrier (or national carrier) would start giving the likes of Ethiopian, and to some extent, Emirates, a run for their money.
I read somewhere that foreign airlines account for 90% of the traffic to and from Nigeria.
Re: Emirates Airline V British Airways V US Airlines: Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jan 09, 2016
CFCman:

Their IFE system that has over 2,000 channels shocked is unbeatable. The food portions in ECONOMY rival whatever US carriers serve in business, or even first class. The average age of Emirates fleet is around 7 years, that's how they keep maintenance costs low.

As for their air hostesses, I think Emirates has a policy of hiring only women that are 30 or younger as cabin crew staff; ditto for Qatar and Etihad. When the ladies reach 35, they are 'forced' to retire (so I heard). That's why it's all young women you as air hostesses. Air hostesses, working for Qatar airways, are barred from getting married and/or pregnant within the first 5 years of employment.

But in America, 60 year olds still work as air hostesses. And most of them can't move down the aisle without brushing your seat grin
That's so true, i can't remember how many times that has happened to me grin grin
Re: Emirates Airline V British Airways V US Airlines: Which Do You Prefer? by kingreign(m): 10:33pm On Jan 09, 2016
CFCman:

Lol
Naija no dey carry last grin
But I wish a Nigerian carrier (or national carrier) would start giving the likes of Ethiopian, and to some extent, Emirates, a run for their money.
I read somewhere that foreign airlines account for 90% of the traffic to and from Nigeria.

yea very true. The virgin nigerian thing was a sham, arik standards na GOBE.

1 Like

Re: Emirates Airline V British Airways V US Airlines: Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jan 09, 2016
SimonPeters2020:
That's so true, i can't remember how many times that has happened to me grin grin
It's the American diet that makes them fat. And you know that, here in the US, employers cannot legally discriminate against fat people when making hiring decisions, unlike the big 3 Middle Eastern airlines. Even Ethiopian airlines air hostesses are all slim; they are so slim that it requires two of them to close the over-head latch, lol.

Who knows, it could also be a business decision for the ME3, Ethiopian airlines, and Virgin Atlantic to hire slim and pretty ladies as cabin crew, in order to attract more rich businessmen.
Re: Emirates Airline V British Airways V US Airlines: Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jan 09, 2016
kingreign:

yea very true. The virgin nigerian thing was a sham, arik standards na GOBE.
I wish Arik could merge with 2 or 3 other Nigerian carriers to form a mega airline. The airline could be designated as the national carrier.
Medview airline could then be an effective local competitor to it. Can u believe that Medview's flights to Gatwick have been fully booked till the end of this month?
Re: Emirates Airline V British Airways V US Airlines: Which Do You Prefer? by skylarr: 9:36pm On Jan 10, 2016
For me, Emirates anyday any time . I totally enjoy their flights

2 Likes

Re: Emirates Airline V British Airways V US Airlines: Which Do You Prefer? by otokx(m): 11:00pm On Jan 10, 2016
CFCman:

I wish Arik could merge with 2 or 3 other Nigerian carriers to form a mega airline. The airline could be designated as the national carrier.
Medview airline could then be an effective local competitor to it. Can u believe that Medview's flights to Gatwick have been fully booked till the end of this month?

We really need a national carrier we can call our own.

1 Like

Re: Emirates Airline V British Airways V US Airlines: Which Do You Prefer? by Tequilah: 4:38pm On Jan 15, 2016
CFCman:

The flight attendants could easily have told me from the time I made the request that panadol was not available. Guy, this trip was more than a 6-hour flight, o! Did it have to take them almost 6 hours to get panadol from passengers on board?? shocked
Re: Emirates Airline V British Airways V US Airlines: Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 11:01am On Jan 26, 2016
Emirates will deploy the A380 on the Dubai - Washington DC (Dulles) route as from next month.
Emirates A380s can seat a maximum of 489 passengers.

2 Likes

Re: Emirates Airline V British Airways V US Airlines: Which Do You Prefer? by goodlifehyd(m): 10:08am On Jan 28, 2016
SimonPeters2020:
Ever tried Kenyan Airways I almost got high on board and still left with enough wines for my hommies but their air hostess are damn far from beautiful even with their heavy makeup

2 Likes

Re: Emirates Airline V British Airways V US Airlines: Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 12:03am On Jan 29, 2016
goodlifehyd:
Ever tried Kenyan Airways I almost got high on board and still left with enough wines for my hommies but their air hostess are damn far from beautiful even with their heavy makeup
If u prefer pretty FAs, then your best bet is Ethiopian, Virgin or Emirates
Re: Emirates Airline V British Airways V US Airlines: Which Do You Prefer? by Boeing777pilot: 7:14pm On Jan 29, 2016
Emirates baby!!!! grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Traveling To Canada & U.s Made Easy. / Nursing Adaptation-ireland / Whats Best To Export/import From Nigeria To China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.