Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. (11427 Views)

Please Come To My Aid Nairalanders!! / Did This Man Come To Your Secondary School? / Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Izugab(m): 8:06pm On Jan 09, 2016
First off, good evening my dear nairalanders. This problem has been quite insidious that I couldn't predict what the end of it could be.

Actually, I've seen lots of testimonies and helps that have been rendered to countless fellow nairalanders and this has prompted me to writing out this to see if God will help me as well from this great and noble forum.

I left secondary school in 2012 at a non-encouraging age of 20 cos of some set backs when I was little. In fact, I live in one of the most remote place in Nigeria. I live at Okpoko to be precise. Am an indigenous of Umuoghara Ugo, Ezza North in Ebonyi state. I'll certainly be 24 by June 14 this year.

I was a bright student actually not until my family's problems affected me psychologically and otherwise. I've been writing jamb and postutme since 2013 but it's not been successful. I processed my admission last year 2015 right from jamb to postutme and it's successful. I can't afford to forget the acclamation showered on me when my friend to me that he saw my name in UNN's merit list. I was hysterical with joy and happiness when I checked my name on the list by myself. But hardly did I know that my happiness will fade with time and my schooling a reality still within my dream world.
About my family

I am the third child of a family of eight. My dad left us when I was in Jss3, that's 2009 to be precise. My elder brother managed to take his wassce exam and went into work. We've been managing from the little that comes from the meagre earnings of my mother and brother. My elder sister got admitted into the university a year before I came out of secondary school. My brother managed to save up little money plus the ones he borrowed without our knowledge and travelled to Holland. We thought that all was alright cos of the prospect of a better life ahead of us. He was deported after four months. Luckily for me, I started working at a production company. From my earnings, I catered for all my sisters tuition fees in school. I pay our house rent monthly. A times, I bring money for food at home. My mum and I pooled our earnings to settle the debt owed by my brother. I can vividly say with tears in my eyes that things ve been bad for us.

My current state

Since I was admitted into UNN, I've tried all my best in terms of finance but none is coming forth. The most saddening and discouraging part of it is that UNN imposed on all the freshers a whole sum of seventy thousand(N70 000) for laptop which can as well be paid on installments of N25 000 for three times as well as huge sum of N58950 as school fees. I only managed to pay N25 000 acceptance fee but the school fees and the N25 000 for the first installment of the laptop has kept me away from school despite the fact that the 2015/2016 session started last year by December. Now the Christmas and new year holiday has lapsed and lectures are to resume by Monday 11 January.

Please my fellow nairalanders, I need financial help now. I can't afford to lose this admission after paying N25 000 acceptance fee. I can't write another jamb now either cos am emotionally, psychologically and physically strained to the extent that my brain can't process anything which I read.

I'll answer any question thrown on me. I can upload the pix of my documents as relevant to my admission as a proof.

As pointed by bobo65, here is the bank details

Acc No: 0004955961

Acc Name: NWOYE IZUCHUKWU GABRIEL

Bank: STANBIC IBTC

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by raayah(f): 8:08pm On Jan 09, 2016
My own advice is why do you want to go to university?

You've been working a factory job that you have used to train your siblings and families. Why don't you open a business, or go to technical school ( learn handwork) or continue your old job

You cannot afford university, and it will only get tougher. What about next term school fees, house rents, textbooks money, feeding and transportation money for four years?

studying with those kind of uncertainty is bad, you might fail out or even get kicked out for non payment of fees. Graduating from university does not guarantee a better life.

If you really want to go to university, upgrade your skills and jobs. Save a lot of money that can cover your fees for four/five years and then you can study

That aside, I hope you get all the help you need!

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by PrinceCEE(m): 8:19pm On Jan 09, 2016
This is quite touching and serious.

Seun, Lalasticlala, mynd44, fynestboi ...

please help move this to the front page for others to see.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Izugab(m): 8:28pm On Jan 09, 2016
raayah:

You've been working a factory job that you have used to train your siblings and families. Why don't you open a business, or go to technical school ( learn handwork) or continue your old job

You cannot afford university, and it will only get tougher. What about next term school fees, house rents, textbooks money, feeding and transportation money for four years?

studying with those kind of uncertainty is bad, you might fail out or even get kicked out for non payment of fees. Graduating from university does not guarantee a better life.

If you really want to go to university, upgrade your skills and jobs. Save a lot of money that can cover your fees for four/five years and then you can study

Actually what u said is so good. But all my life, I've craved for a bigger knowledge through education.

I need this education so badly cos age is no more on my side. 24 years to be precise.
I've made contacts with friends in school already that can help accommodate me for this semester. I've also arranged textbooks to use.

I can manage myself in school with little attention to what I wear, eat or drink cos am acclimatized to such living over the years.

All I need is to get in to the school. I'll find something doing in school as a part time. But during the holidays I'll be doing something. My sister will be going for her service this year which I believe that after her service, she'll start doing something to support me.

12 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by TheAziz: 8:35pm On Jan 09, 2016
this is so touching

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Izugab(m): 8:51pm On Jan 09, 2016
This pix below can serve as a proof to the authenticity of my predicament.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Maximillian1: 8:59pm On Jan 09, 2016
Lalasticlala come and help a brother pls

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Izugab(m): 9:06pm On Jan 09, 2016
the description of the pix above...

1. My name in UNN's merit list. Am no 45. My names are Nwoye Izuchukwu Gabriel. My reg no is 56738062FG. Somebody can check my admission status as a proof.

2. The teller I used for paying my acceptance fee at zenith bank.

3. The payment receipt issued to me by zenith bank.

4. My acceptance fee letter which I printed from my portal in UNN's website.
Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jan 09, 2016
Quite touching, I think the 1st commentator Was spot on in her advice, she gave u a splendid advice...... even graduates from schools now bank on hand works and skills to make a living.... u should have taken that part....... Most times personally I really wish I had a trade...

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by sholikay(m): 9:12pm On Jan 09, 2016
@op..i feel for u,and obviously hoped i could help u out.but alas,i'm in the same predicament with u..all the money i saved during my Industrial training,to see me through my HND PROGRAMme has been used on my younger once education,including my direct entry,hnd and other stuff. last year was a bit tough financially for my dad and mum,as the first child,i can't just see them go through hell,just to cater for us,so i got to contribute,so as to conceal our secrets,right now,i'm supposed to have resumed for my HND ,bt i can't ,bkuz i'm yet to pay school fee and other miscellaneous fee..bt i hope on God for his grace..lets just hope on God,kuz i believe he sees our heart..the other day i read a topic on front page about davido spending 1million on clothings,mhen i was so sad,and me i'm here sorting out for at least 50k to sort out my academics.anyway God dey,whether them bad belle people like it or not i must surely be a real graduate and break dat evil jinx in my family..#differentstrokesfordifferentfolks. sad

5 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by LOC1(m): 9:13pm On Jan 09, 2016
What a touching story.......... Lalasticlala, fynestboi, mynd44 and seun. You folks should try and move/help this guy.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jan 09, 2016
I hope u swiftly get financial assistance, however, if it's not forthcoming, don't let the admission waste pls. Differ for a year while u gather more and prepare earnestly for the years ahead.

Don't be dissuaded to quit the pursuit for better education by anyone. I have friends who have similar problem but are still in the system forging ahead. My father aren't rich but I'll tell God on ur behalf.

Keep aiming.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jan 09, 2016
Izugab:

First off, good evening my dear nairalanders. This problem has been quite insidious that I couldn't predict what the end of it could be.

Actually, I've seen lots of testimonies and helps that have been rendered to countless fellow nairalanders and this has prompted me to writing out this to see if God will help me as well from this great and noble forum.

I left secondary school in 2012 at a non-encouraging age of 20 cos of some set backs when I was little. In fact, I live in one of the most remote place in Nigeria. I live at Okpoko to be precise. Am an indigenous of Umuoghara Ugo, Ezza North in Ebonyi state. I'll certainly be 24 by June 14 this year.

I was a bright student actually not until my family's problems affected me psychologically and otherwise. I've been writing jamb and postutme since 2013 but it's not been successful. I processed my admission last year 2015 right from jamb to postutme and it's successful. I can't afford to forget the acclamation showered on me when my friend to me that he saw my name in UNN's merit list. I was hysterical with joy and happiness when I checked my name on the list by myself. But hardly did I know that my happiness will fade with time and my schooling a reality still within my dream world.
About my family

I am the third child of a family of eight. My dad left us when I was in Jss3, that's 2009 to be precise. My elder brother managed to take his wassce exam and went into work. We've been managing from the little that comes from the meagre earnings of my mother and brother. My elder sister got admitted into the university a year before I came out of secondary school. My brother managed to save up little money plus the ones he borrowed without our knowledge and travelled to Holland. We thought that all was alright cos of the prospect of a better life ahead of us. He was deported after four months. Luckily for me, I started working at a production company. From my earnings, I catered for all my sisters tuition fees in school. I pay our house rent monthly. A times, I bring money for food at home. My mum and I pooled our earnings to settle the debt owed by my brother. I can vividly say with tears in my eyes that things ve been bad for us.

My current state

Since I was admitted into UNN, I've tried all my best in terms of finance but none is coming forth. The most saddening and discouraging part of it is that UNN imposed on all the freshers a whole sum of seventy thousand(N70 000) for laptop which can as well be paid on installments of N25 000 for three times as well as huge sum of N58950 as school fees. I only managed to pay N25 000 acceptance fee but the school fees and the N25 000 for the first installment of the laptop has kept me away from school despite the fact that the 2015/2016 session started last year by December. Now the Christmas and new year holiday has lapsed and lectures are to resume by Monday 11 January.

Please my fellow nairalanders, I need financial help now. I can't afford to lose this admission after paying N25 000 acceptance fee. I can't write another jamb now either cos am emotionally, psychologically and physically strained to the extent that my brain can't process anything which I read.

I'll answer any question thrown on me. I can upload the pix of my documents as relevant to my admission as a proof.
Which campus are you at? Don't know if I should introduce you to my uncle who is a professor at UNN. I doubt if it's worth doing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 09, 2016
raayah:

This is very very cold just because you are opportune to be where you are in life, you have no idea what others are suffering or passing through. Op I think you should drop you account number here I would love to see what I can do and I will like your permission to share this story. And op never ever contemplate suicide, it's not worth it at all. You have to stick around and see how your story ends. And to fellow nigerians, please don't give birth to kids you cannot afford to care for.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by raayah(f): 9:35pm On Jan 09, 2016
tensazangetsu:

This is very very cold just because you are opportune to be where you are in life, you have no idea what others are suffering or passing through. Op I think you should drop you account number here I would love to see what I can do and I will like your permission to share this story. And op never ever contemplate suicide, it's not worth it at all. You have to stick around and see how your story ends. And to fellow nigerians, please don't give birth to kids you cannot afford to care for.

Its cold but its the truth. He needs between to be told. It's going to be very difficult for him especially looking at his story. He will need at the very least 100,000 a year to study ( including his needs).
Why not wait it out till your'e at least financially ok. His whole family is dependent on him. He's paying debt off, sisters education, rent and all that. Where will he get the money to school?
Even a part time job in the university is not easy to get.

He can work a few more years and save up and go to university comfortably.
He can beg for money now and use faith to continue his university.

I like to pick the more realistic option.

Secondly, university is not the only. A lot of Nigerians are millionaires from their handwork - painting, electrician, business owners, etc.

8 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by cold(m): 9:40pm On Jan 09, 2016
Hmmm..it's a catch 22. But how does one even go about verifying these things?
Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Izugab(m): 9:40pm On Jan 09, 2016
Raymondenyi:
Quite touching, I think the 1st commentator Was spot on in her advice, she gave u a splendid advice...... even graduates from schools now bank on hand works and skills to make a living.... u should have taken that part....... Most times personally I really wish I had a trade...

I can do business even while in school. I love education so much that I can't do anything without it dear...

thanks

3 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Izugab(m): 9:42pm On Jan 09, 2016
sholikay:
@op..i feel for u,and obviously hoped i could help u out.but alas,i'm in the same predicament with u..all the money i saved during my Industrial training,to see me through my HND PROGRAMme has been used on my younger once education,including my direct entry,hnd and other stuff. last year was a bit tough financially for my dad and mum,as the first child,i can't just see them go through hell,just to cater for us,so i got to contribute,so as to conceal our secrets,right now,i'm supposed to have resumed for my HND ,bt i can't ,bkuz i'm yet to pay school fee and other miscellaneous fee..bt i hope on God for his grace..lets just hope on God,kuz i believe he sees our heart..the other day i read a topic on front page about davido spending 1million on clothings,mhen i was so sad,and me i'm here sorting out for at least 50k to sort out my academics.anyway God dey,whether them bad belle people like it or not i must surely be a real graduate and break dat evil jinx in my family..#differentstrokesfordifferentfolks. sad

I believe God will see me through

4 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Izugab(m): 9:43pm On Jan 09, 2016
LARRYDKING:
I hope u swiftly get financial assistance, however, if it's not forthcoming, don't let the admission waste pls. Differ for a year while u gather more and prepare earnestly for the years ahead.

Don't be dissuaded to quit the pursuit for better education by anyone. I have friends who have similar problem but are still in the system forging ahead. My father aren't rich but I'll tell God on ur behalf.

Keep aiming.

I still believe in God dear...

thanks

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Izugab(m): 9:45pm On Jan 09, 2016
DeeTus:
Which campus are you at? Don't know if I should introduce you to my uncle who is a professor at UNN. I doubt if it's worth doing.

I got in to study geology.

It's Nsukka campus
Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Izugab(m): 9:47pm On Jan 09, 2016
tensazangetsu:

you can share it as many times you want Sir. Am highly grateful.

I'll post the account details now

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jan 09, 2016
Izugab:

I got in to study geology.
It's Nsukka campus
I see.
Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Izugab(m): 9:50pm On Jan 09, 2016
Acc No: 0004955961

Acc Name: NWOYE IZUCHUKWU GABRIEL

Bank: STANBIC IBTC

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Izugab(m): 9:55pm On Jan 09, 2016
more documents...

these re the snapshots from my portal in UNN's website

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 09, 2016
raayah:

Its cold but its the truth. He needs between to be told. It's going to be very difficult for him especially looking at his story. He will need at the very least 100,000 a year to study ( including his needs).
Why not wait it out till your'e at least financially ok. His whole family is dependent on him. He's paying debt off, sisters education, rent and all that. Where will he get the money to school?
Even a part time job in the university is not easy to get.

He can work a few more years and save up and go to university comfortably.
He can beg for money now and use faith to continue his university.

I like to pick the more realistic option.

Secondly, university is not the only. A lot of Nigerians are millionaires from their handwork - painting, electrician, business owners, etc.
When there is a will there is a way and how many nigerians are millionaires from those trades you listed. A few maybe. Those are exceptions and the exception is never the rule. He could get a scholarship in his second year you never know. Education is very important no matter what anyone says.

5 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jan 09, 2016
tensazangetsu:

When there is a will there is a way and how many nigerians are millionaires from those trades you listed. A few maybe. Those are exceptions and the exception is never the rule. He could get a scholarship in his second year you never know. Education is very important no matter what anyone says.
You may give him some money to support himself first.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jan 09, 2016
OP, releasing your bank account quickly makes it look like 419. This is Internet and a lot of things come into play.
Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by OAUTemitayo: 10:10pm On Jan 09, 2016
How I wish I can do something about this.
I lost an admission in 2011 when Fashola increased the school fees of LASU to 250000.
Horrible. I went through a lot then trying to get the money to pay. Severe psychological and mental torture.
Brother, God Almighty will perform a miracle and you will pay this school fees.
Don't commit suicide please.
You will eventually be happy.
Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by OAUTemitayo: 10:14pm On Jan 09, 2016
DeeTus:
OP, releasing your bank account quickly makes it look like 419. This is Internet and a lot of things come into play.
If you cannot help him. it is better you keep mute.
Somebody requested for his account number not that he decided that on his own.
Children of politicians, always heartless.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Aspiregreat: 10:18pm On Jan 09, 2016
tensazangetsu:

You have spoken well.... Everyone mustn't learn a trade or something.we are uniquely gifted.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by sholikay(m): 10:21pm On Jan 09, 2016
Izugab:

I believe God will see me through
amen..and me too ooo!..even most succesful people we have here on earth,has gone through similar or worst challenges.i know everything happening now,is just to spice up our success stories very soon..pls don't think of suicide my brother,kuz i once had that bad thought before,but i just had to discard it,bkuz its just the enemy at work,just to terminate ur way to success..we will surely smile someday..i repeat,plz dnt harm urself..
Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by AZeD1(m): 12:01am On Jan 10, 2016
Raayah has said it all but since you say you really love education, i'd say you should forget about UNN and enrol at the Open university of Nigeria. Also, there are lots of schools that put their materials online e.g MIT and Stanford, there are also lots of MOOC's were you can get all the knowledge you want. at you own time and for free.

This is 2016, education has gone beyond the classroom.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Police Academy Application / ASUU Accuses SSS Of Arresting Chapter Chairman / Best University In Port-harcourt?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.