Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,119 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. (11412 Views)

Please Come To My Aid Nairalanders!! / Did This Man Come To Your Secondary School? / Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by raayah(f): 9:58am On Jan 13, 2016
Bootybuttchic:
oh please stop saying that and regarding ur president are u also saying all the nda boys are less educated.....nothing beats having a bsc,or do u think deep down even seun he wouldnt wish to own one,forget the money abeg......i make clothes,bags,shoe,beads, a caterer and still a student cos i knw its a goal,its a feet to achieve,not about using a cv to look for job,but its a step in life that can help a person at a point in time.....ur telling him to waot till je makes money ,why do u think a person who wants to study law in a school,but wasnt given ,but got english,decides to manage that course or are u in france?do u thinks admission is beans in naija that u joke with......something that some people who reject courses have to right jamb 6 extra times,before tgey get their course of choice,abeg think before u type or lock up....and calling ur post rubbish isnt hypocritical,cos i have seen a whole lot of reasonable people typing what makes sense,and lest i forget its stupidity to comment on a thread if u really dont have something to say,than type nonsense just cos u must talk...u shld have just told him to commit suicide and wait till God sends him back to the world as dangotes child .....mstweew!

Lol... If you cannot make a counter point without calling me wrong names, I can't take you seriously.
Secondly, what did you do for the guy in this thread?

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by raayah(f): 9:59am On Jan 13, 2016
otokx:

Primary Education is a right, any other is actually a privilege even in advanced countries.

They wouldn't know all these!

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Cetona(f): 10:39am On Jan 13, 2016
Izugab:
Another God sent woman called me this morning. She's no other than Mrs Nyanyafu.
Words can't describe how happy I am about what she did.
She promised to send me a Blackberry phone worth close to 55k which I'll sell at Emeka Offor plaza in main market Onitsha, a 30k worth airtime which I'll also sell to retailers around and finally clothes and shoes which I'll wear while in school.
Am so happy on hearing this good news.
May God bless her wherever she's.
Please my beloved nairalanders, help me thank her oooo cos I still think that am dreaming.
So happy to hear this. God bless her immensely

3 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by befto: 11:06am On Jan 13, 2016
Bootybuttchic:
oh please stop saying that and regarding ur president are u also saying all the nda boys are less educated.....nothing beats having a bsc,or do u think deep down even seun he wouldnt wish to own one,forget the money abeg......i make clothes,bags,shoe,beads, a caterer and still a student cos i knw its a goal,its a feet to achieve,not about using a cv to look for job,but its a step in life that can help a person at a point in time.....ur telling him to waot till je makes money ,why do u think a person who wants to study law in a school,but wasnt given ,but got english,decides to manage that course or are u in france?do u thinks admission is beans in naija that u joke with......something that some people who reject courses have to right jamb 6 extra times,before tgey get their course of choice,abeg think before u type or lock up....and calling ur post rubbish isnt hypocritical,cos i have seen a whole lot of reasonable people typing what makes sense,and lest i forget its stupidity to comment on a thread if u really dont have something to say,than type nonsense just cos u must talk...u shld have just told him to commit suicide and wait till God sends him back to the world as dangotes child .....mstweew!

I think this aggression must stop.
The OP only made a suggestion and you decided to jump on him/her like they said something so bad.
We are all here to contribute in various ways. some provide advice, others provide something more tangible but we all have a right to do this in a peaceful manner.
How can all this aggression and side-tracking help the guy who really needs our help.
We are way too aggressive in Nigeria..

God help us

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Izugab(m): 11:35pm On Jan 13, 2016
Words can't be used to expressed how happy and fulfilled I am. I can remember some days back when I felt like the world has really ended for me.
I still wonder what I would've done or be up to if a forum like nairaland never existed.

Firstly, my family never knew what I was doing with my phone over the few days. They thought that all hope was lost until today when I broke the news to them. If my family knew who my helpers are, they will definitely ooze off to their abode without minding if they have clothes on them. The happiness glowing in each of my family member's face today can't be measured. But in all, they're still feeling as if they're not being good because they don't know how to say their own THANKS to my eleventh hour helpers or even MY LAST MINUTE ANGELS .

DETAILS OF EVERYTHING

1. Mrs Lifemapempire, sent a whooping sum of N50 000 naira to me today and also promised on giving me a huge sum of N5 000 monthly for three months. What miracle is greater than this? Actually Ma, I don't just know how to thank you but God in heaven, the Almighty will replenish your pulse in thousand folds, Amen.

2. Mrs Ugo Nyanyafu sent to me a N30 000 worth airtime, Clothes and shoes and a BlackBerry phone worth N55 000. When she actually told me this, my lips dropped down in awe. I was hysterical with joy cos my joy knew no bounds. Ma, u're a woman of God indeed and may our Almighty God refill ur pulse in thousand folds, Amen.

3. Mr Tunde, also known as befto in this noble forum transferred a huge sum of N10 000 to me this afternoon. Sir, I don't know you neither do you know me but with this act, anything you'll lay ur hands upon will flourish like palm planted by the river side.

4. Two anonymous nairalanders sent a sum of N17 000 to me today. One paid in N7 000 and the other N10 000. It's very saddening that I didn't get to know their names nor chatted with them at least. I know that u two will read this. Wherever you two are, may the good Lord protect and guide all of your paths in Jesus name, Amen. May your pockets be filled in thousand folds in Jesus name, Amen.

5. Sir I can't go against ur wish despite the impelling urge on me to mention ur name. You did as u promised that U'll send across to me a huge sum of N75 000. You're of a kind really that's quite rare. I was dumbfounded when I saw the alert this night. How can I thank you more?
I'll refer to u as anonymous though I don't like it but that's what you want me to refer to u as. For the N75 000 u sent to me, bad things shall not come ur way again. Ur generations will not encounter lack again and may ur pulse be filled in thousand folds, Amen.

I can go on and on but what I want you all to know is that I can't really thank you all the way my mother is currently thanking you people. She's actually like "are you for real" when I told her that I'll be resuming school on Monday. My siblings are very happy about you all. They are really baffled on how those I don't know could help me whereas those close to me shut their doors on me. We'll be praying for you all.
All of you guys' dreams will never be thwarted. You all will flourish like palm trees planted by the riverside. All of ur pockets shall over flow with cash. Any of u guys' plans and goals this year and years to come will be realistic and achieved at the end in Jesus name, Amen.

My Schedule

I'll be going to UNN on Friday to make all the necessary payments which are actually my school fees of N58 950 and the laptop fee of N70 000. I'll post the pix of the receipts of all the payments after I must've paid it. My immediate younger sister will wash the plates, pots and other things she has already bought for me since last year grin on Saturday and finally, I'll travel back as a lion(name given to a UNN male student while the females are the lioness) to the DEN as a full student on Monday.

CONCLUSIVELY

May the good Lord bless each and everyone that posted in this thread. Any of you guys' suggestions weren't bad at all 'cause I really learnt from every single post here. Thanks ALL

11 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by bolaji3071(m): 11:55pm On Jan 13, 2016
Izugab:
Words can't be used to expressed how happy and fulfilled I am. I can remember some days back when I felt like the world has really ended for me.
I still wonder what I would've done or be up to if a forum like nairaland never existed.

Firstly, my family never knew what I was doing with my phone over the few days. They thought that all hope was lost until today when I broke the news to them. If my family knew who my helpers are, they will definitely ooze off to their abode without minding if they have clothes on them. The happiness glowing in each of my family member's face today can't be measured. But in all, they're still feeling as if they're not being good because they don't know how to say their own THANKS to my eleventh hour helpers or even MY LAST MINUTE ANGELS .

DETAILS OF EVERYTHING

1. Mrs Lifemapempire, sent a whooping sum of N50 000 naira to me today and also promised on giving me a huge sum of N5 000 monthly for three months. What miracle is greater than this? Actually Ma, I don't just know how to thank you but God in heaven, the Almighty will replenish your pulse in thousand folds, Amen.

2. Mrs Ugo Nyanyafu sent to me a N30 000 worth airtime, Clothes and shoes and a BlackBerry phone worth N55 000. When she actually told me this, my lips dropped down in awe. I was hysterical with joy cos my joy knew no bounds. Ma, u're a woman of God indeed and may our Almighty God refill ur pulse in thousand folds, Amen.

3. Mr Tunde, also known as befto in this noble forum transferred a huge sum of N10 000 to me this afternoon. Sir, I don't know you neither do you know me but with this act, anything you'll lay ur hands upon will flourish like palm planted by the river side.

4. Two anonymous nairalanders sent a sum of N17 000 to me today. One paid in N7 000 and the other N10 000. It's very saddening that I didn't get to know their names nor chatted with them at least. I know that u two will read this. Wherever you two are, may the good Lord protect and guide all of your paths in Jesus name, Amen. May your pockets be filled in thousand folds in Jesus name, Amen.

5. Sir I can't go against ur wish despite the impelling urge on me to mention ur name. You did as u promised that U'll send across to me a huge sum of N75 000. You're of a kind really that's quite rare. I was dumbfounded when I saw the alert this night. How can I thank you more?
I'll refer to u as anonymous though I don't like it but that's what you want me to refer to u as. For the N75 000 u sent to me, bad things shall not come ur way again. Ur generations will not encounter lack again and may ur pulse be filled in thousand folds, Amen.

I can go on and on but what I want you all to know is that I can't really thank you all the way my mother is currently thanking you people. She's actually like "are you for real" when I told her that I'll be resuming school on Monday. My siblings are very happy about you all. They are really baffled on how those I don't know could help me whereas those close to me shut their doors on me. We'll be praying for you all.
All of you guys' dreams will never be thwarted. You all will flourish like palm trees planted by the riverside. All of ur pockets shall over flow with cash. Any of u guys' plans and goals this year and years to come will be realistic and achieved at the end in Jesus name, Amen.

My Schedule

I'll be going to UNN on Friday to make all the necessary payments which are actually my school fees of N58 950 and the laptop fee of N70 000. I'll post the pix of the receipts of all the payments after I must've paid it. My immediate younger sister will wash the plates, pots and other things she has already bought for me since last year grin on Saturday and finally, I'll travel back as a lion(name given to a UNN male student while the females are the lioness) to the DEN as a full student on Monday.

CONCLUSIVELY

May the good Lord bless each and everyone that posted in this thread. Any of you guys' suggestions weren't bad at all 'cause I really learnt from every single post here. Thanks ALL

Am veru happy for you bro. May God see you through
Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by PrinceCEE(m): 11:57pm On Jan 13, 2016
Dear izugab, You can now have every reason to thank the Lord Almighty. Just study hard in school and also know what u re there to do.
May the good Lord protect you.

3 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Nobody: 5:57am On Jan 14, 2016
Kunlexic:
Education is not a privilege but a RIGHT.From ur right up now u are saying children from rich home only have access to education...smh
Vick4rill:
you type like ur senses are not correctsad pls if u wont help the guy then stop discouraging peoples dream, you are too pessimisticsad
Bootybuttchic:

Good morning.

I think that the problem all of you have in common is that you think that education=university degree.

I am here to tell you it does not.

Fact is....we have too many university graduates and too few skilled technicians. And the thing is....for Nigeria to have a prosperous economy, we need lots of techincal school graduates.

One of my favourite countries is Germany. At the age of 14....their school system sorts you out into two groups.One group goes into apprenticeships, the other to their version of senior secondary school and university. And it is because Germany has a lot of technicians, not because of its university graduates, that Germany is a prosperous nation.....and an industrial superpower. Same goes for many industrial powers....like China, UK, USA, and so on.

You Nigerians have got to stop thinking that a university degree is the pinnacle.I won't pretend....I am a graduate, I wanted to be one, and yes...if it was not possible for me to be one, I would be upset and miserable.

But when all is said and done....assuming I became a technician instead of a graduate...and a highly trained one at that...I could get marketable skills that would earn me lots of money. Like one Igbo guy who ten years ago went to Europe to ''go to university'' and ended up in technical school instead. Today...he is back in Nigeria,he is rich and his skills are in demand.Or one Yoruba gent my parents knew who was a technician who could fix anything....and who did not need to go to mechanic if the car broke down because he knew what was wrong and how to fix it.

University education is over-rated.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Nobody: 9:02am On Jan 14, 2016
Izugab:

DETAILS OF EVERYTHING

My Schedule

CONCLUSIVELY

may God bless people like me that wanted to help but didn't have the power to wink wink

Happy for you bro

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by befto: 10:54am On Jan 14, 2016
Nice write-up but I won't go as far as saying a University degree is over-rated.
Clearly it's not for everyone and we should all find what we are good at but to say it is over-rated is a big DIG at the others who have laboured for it and using it now.
Are doctors over-rated? Are lawyers over-rated? Are Engineers over-rated? No I don't think so.
We should be very careful with our choice of words when trying to provide advice to others.

I have a University degree and masters and I won't swap it for anything now?

I may not be a multi-millionaire but I am proud of what I have acheived in life.

Like I said before, it's not for everyone but whoever decides to do a degree should be encouraged, not discouraged.
Same goes for anyone who chooses to be a hair-dresser, refuse collector, mechanic and other works of life that are needed to keep the human race ticking over.

Just my 2 cents....

Kikero112:

Good morning.

I think that the problem all of you have in common is that you think that education=university degree.

Fact is....we have too many university graduates and too few skilled technicians. And the thing is....for Nigeria to have a prosperous economy, we need lots of techincal school graduates.

One of my favourite countries is Germany. At the age of 14....their school system sorts you out into two groups.One group goes into apprenticeships, the other to their version of senior secondary school and university. And it is because Germany has a lot of technicians, not because of its university graduates, that Germany is a prosperous nation.....and an industrial superpower. Same goes for many industrial powers....like China, UK, USA, and so on.

You Nigerians have got to stop thinking that a university degree is the pinnacle.I won't pretend....I am a graduate, I wanted to be one, and yes...if it was not possible for me to be one, I would be upset and miserable.

But when all is said and done....assuming I became a technician instead of a graduate...and a highly trained one at that...I could get marketable skills that would earn me lots of money. Like one Igbo guy who ten years ago went to Europe to ''go to university'' and ended up in technical school instead. Today...he is back in Nigeria,he is rich and his skills are in demand.Or one Yoruba gent my parents knew who was a technician who could fix anything....and who did not need to go to mechanic if the car broke down because he knew what was wrong and how to fix it.

3 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by boujaye: 11:48am On Jan 14, 2016
Izugab:
Another God sent woman called me this morning. She's no other than Mrs Nyanyafu.
Words can't describe how happy I am about what she did.
She promised to send me a Blackberry phone worth close to 55k which I'll sell at Emeka Offor plaza in main market Onitsha, a 30k worth airtime which I'll also sell to retailers around and finally clothes and shoes which I'll wear while in school.
Am so happy on hearing this good news.
May God bless her wherever she's.
Please my beloved nairalanders, help me thank her oooo cos I still think that am dreaming.
Mrs Nyanyafu God who is all seeing and all rewarding will cover you on every side, because you have removed this young man's reproach. God less you ma.
Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by earthrealm(m): 12:39pm On Jan 14, 2016
Izugab:

CONCLUSIVELY

WOW, wonderful news!!!.
This has restored my confidence in nigerians, we are not all cold and heartless...............the same milk of human kindness that flows in the caucasians/whites also flows in us......just that at times because of poverty/crime/superstition blacks appear to b very black hearted grin grin grin

kudos to all, @OP, my advice to you is to manage the funds well, dont get carried away by the amount generated and forget how it all came about, and then spoil the chance for people with similar issues. i graduated from unn, and i would drop by once in a while, and hope you wont b a disaapointment to the hardworking folks here who contributed to make ur dream come true.

[size=14pt]ON a final note: a candle isnt diminished by lighting another candle, so continue to spread the chain of human kindness&warmth where you go![/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Vick4rill(m): 2:51pm On Jan 14, 2016
Kikero112:

Good morning.

u people dnt get our point,who said a graduate can not learn any of the above skills u mention? Success is not all abt money my brother,the fact is that u people are over rating entrepreneurship also,u people makes it look like it is an investment that once u make u will be into millions, everytin have its challenges in life nt evrybody will be like dangote we all have our specific calling in this world: pls i beg u stop discouraging people from their dreams, the advice u should giv is that people should do anytin that will enable them earn in two ways

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Izugab(m): 6:33pm On Jan 15, 2016
I made my payments today...

Thanks u all.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 15, 2016
Izugab:
I made my payments today...

Thanks u all.

Congrats and good luck.

http://testprep.about.com/od/tipsfortesting/tp/How_To_Study.htm
Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by NewsEmpireNG(f): 11:26pm On Jan 15, 2016
You are obviously a serious-minded person & also really swift. Just a few days down the line & you are done with payments. Whaoooo, kudos Izu!!!! Feels so great to have been a part of this.... Above all, I wish u EXCELLENT SUCCESS in ur academics and all ur endeavours IJN!

With this mindset & attitude, I am convinced more than ever before that you'll be one of the best in ur department!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by peddy231(m): 9:07am On Jan 16, 2016
@Izugab. Words cannot express the depth of my happiness for you. I pray that as you have successfully started this educational journey;May it be the beginning of great things and success in your life. I wish you all the best and pray you come out in flying colours.
Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Nobody: 12:14pm On Feb 24, 2016
DeeTus:
It's okay. Hopefully, he'll get the help he needs. Life is tough!
Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by tasceige(m): 8:06am On Jul 11, 2016
iyke926:
This is saddening. Chai! And its geology...interesting course but expensive (Field trips, compass). You want to commit suicide and u still about to roll in sad?? what will happen when those sadistic geology lecturers starts attacking you like hungry white sharks undecided ? U will turn to a suicide bomber undecided. Mehn, suicide is not an option...you just gotta have hope...faith.

God will send a good helper..people to aid you.

Now I know fully well yah a geologist... Buy can we talk about that?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Differences Between Being Short Tempered And Hot Tempered / Security Men Harass A Student Of Federal Polytechnic Nasarawa (Video) / JAMB Set To Revalidate Biometrics Of Candidates Over Last 10 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.