Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. (11411 Views)

Please Come To My Aid Nairalanders!! / Did This Man Come To Your Secondary School? / Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Izugab(m): 5:13am On Jan 12, 2016
ireke:
Nice try @OP. At least you got some attention. Don't listen to naysayers in life. Let's know the outcome of your mail to nyanfunyanfu. Also follow up on the link provided by dazzi. Please let's know how it goes.

Raayah's response is not totally out of place. She's just blunt. So I ask you again. What happens to your family if you get the school fees and can not do business to raise money to support your family. I'm really concerned about that.

All the best.
My two sisters that just finished secondary schools are currently looking for works in companies as cleaners. So they can successfully help me once I get in. My brother who's supposed to help me is expecting some goods which if it's successful will help in many great ways. But for now, there's really nothing on us all.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Izugab(m): 5:16am On Jan 12, 2016
onyibajoe:
Go to your LG chairman as well as your Development Center Co-ordinator with your proofs. There will be help for you from their offices. Ensure you do it today. They are going to help you. If you fail to see them, the money would be used to solve another's problem. Don't doubt this suggestion as it may even result in a lasting solution.
Suicide is not an option; it will only land you in Hell.
Finally, you need Christ more than anything. I admonish you, give your life to Jesus and you will never regret it.

GOD BLESS YOU
Am an indigenous of Ebonyi state. So am far from home cos I reside in Onitsha (Okpoko precisely).

Am in Christ already cos am a Christian. Even the little money on me, since it's not enough to settle my problems, I used it to sow seed at church.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Izugab(m): 5:17am On Jan 12, 2016
shift15:
Some of us went to school under more difficult situation. What you need is to look beyond human's help. Put all your trust in God. Live one day at a time. Refuse to be pitied. Tell yourself you are not a beggar and you will not live at people's mercy.
You will laugh in the end.
Amen
Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by bobo65(m): 5:37am On Jan 12, 2016
Modify this post and Attach Ur acct number to it

Iv read Ur story and I don't c it as a scam

If the 1000+ ppl that have read this post dropped 500 each, I know how much u would have gotten but trust me, some ppl can do a big Thanksgiving if they get 500 now but I blv there are many ppl that still c 500 as change, so pls help d dude

Op do get a per time job to avoid any future distress

If after saying this n I don't do sumtn then there z sumtn wrong with me

Rmb to thank NL "WHEN" u scale tru this cos u surely will

Izugab:

FIrst off, good evening my dear nairalanders. This problem has been quite insidious that I couldn't predict what the end of it could be.

Actually, I've seen lots of testimonies and helps that have been rendered to countless fellow nairalanders and this has prompted me to writing out this to see if God will help me as well from this great and noble forum.

I left secondary school in 2012 at a non-encouraging age of 20 cos of some set backs when I was little. In fact, I live in one of the most remote place in Nigeria. I live at Okpoko to be precise. Am an indigenous of Umuoghara Ugo, Ezza North in Ebonyi state. I'll certainly be 24 by June 14 this year.

I was a bright student actually not until my family's problems affected me psychologically and otherwise. I've been writing jamb and postutme since 2013 but it's not been successful. I processed my admission last year 2015 right from jamb to postutme and it's successful. I can't afford to forget the acclamation showered on me when my friend to me that he saw my name in UNN's merit list. I was hysterical with joy and happiness when I checked my name on the list by myself. But hardly did I know that my happiness will fade with time and my schooling a reality still within my dream world.
About my family

I am the third child of a family of eight. My dad left us when I was in Jss3, that's 2009 to be precise. My elder brother managed to take his wassce exam and went into work. We've been managing from the little that comes from the meagre earnings of my mother and brother. My elder sister got admitted into the university a year before I came out of secondary school. My brother managed to save up little money plus the ones he borrowed without our knowledge and travelled to Holland. We thought that all was alright cos of the prospect of a better life ahead of us. He was deported after four months. Luckily for me, I started working at a production company. From my earnings, I catered for all my sisters tuition fees in school. I pay our house rent monthly. A times, I bring money for food at home. My mum and I pooled our earnings to settle the debt owed by my brother. I can vividly say with tears in my eyes that things ve been bad for us.

My current state

Since I was admitted into UNN, I've tried all my best in terms of finance but none is coming forth. The most saddening and discouraging part of it is that UNN imposed on all the freshers a whole sum of seventy thousand(N70 000) for laptop which can as well be paid on installments of N25 000 for three times as well as huge sum of N58950 as school fees. I only managed to pay N25 000 acceptance fee but the school fees and the N25 000 for the first installment of the laptop has kept me away from school despite the fact that the 2015/2016 session started last year by December. Now the Christmas and new year holiday has lapsed and lectures are to resume by Monday 11 January.

Please my fellow nairalanders, I need financial help now. I can't afford to lose this admission after paying N25 000 acceptance fee. I can't write another jamb now either cos am emotionally, psychologically and physically strained to the extent that my brain can't process anything which I read.

I'll answer any question thrown on me. I can upload the pix of my documents as relevant to my admission as a proof.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by 2odd(m): 6:25am On Jan 12, 2016
raayah:
My own advice is why do you want to go to university?

You've been working a factory job that you have used to train your siblings and families. Why don't you open a business, or go to technical school ( learn handwork) or continue your old job

You cannot afford university, and it will only get tougher. What about next term school fees, house rents, textbooks money, feeding and transportation money for four years?

studying with those kind of uncertainty is bad, you might fail out or even get kicked out for non payment of fees. Graduating from university does not guarantee a better life.

If you really want to go to university, upgrade your skills and jobs. Save a lot of money that can cover your fees for four/five years and then you can study

That aside, I hope you get all the help you need!
though a very Good idea but we can't predict wat the cost of living will b in 5yrs time and believe me he can't save up four years fee in a yr. what if he looses the current job now. A program is being run in my school where self sponsoring students get to work for a few hrs for 12 k a month. but UNN lack such.
Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by ojochidem(m): 6:30am On Jan 12, 2016
Can a Nairalander in UNN verify this so that we can be of help?

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Nobody: 6:31am On Jan 12, 2016
OP, I applaud your tenacity and focus. I'll talk further after you have removed suicide from your options (and your thread title).

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Nobody: 6:44am On Jan 12, 2016
Dear izugab,
I like that you have a dream and you are very willing to follow it. Education is still a very key factor in one's progress in life, may we all not have issues in getting progressive knowledge IJN. Amen.
That said,i pray He opens doors for you that you never even knew were there.
I know about two people who had issues with paying their school fees, people who found it hard to spend 500 a week for food, infact 500 was too much but their determination? It paved the way for their success and today? They are so successful! Because they know their story, they know where they are coming from and the drive to succeed is high in them.
Try to apply to companies for scholarship or to your church. I am sure God will see you through your years in school effortlessly IJN. Amen
Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by BOWOTO(m): 6:46am On Jan 12, 2016
when you finish struggling through school, you'll look back and wish you used all those money to improve yourself skillfully, or maybe start up a business, you're just 24, c'mon!

Education isn't just about going to the university.
A skillful mall will never go hungry, there's always time to return back to school.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Obas101(m): 7:18am On Jan 12, 2016
raayah:
My own advice is why do you want to go to university?

You've been working a factory job that you have used to train your siblings and families. Why don't you open a business, or go to technical school ( learn handwork) or continue your old job

You cannot afford university, and it will only get tougher. What about next term school fees, house rents, textbooks money, feeding and transportation money for four years?

studying with those kind of uncertainty is bad, you might fail out or even get kicked out for non payment of fees. Graduating from university does not guarantee a better life.

If you really want to go to university, upgrade your skills and jobs. Save a lot of money that can cover your fees for four/five years and then you can study

That aside, I hope you get all the help you need!
How long do u think d job will last? Nd mind you he's a guy he needs to build himself for a beta future. Dissapointed dis is coming from a suppose literate ladylady angry

4 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by 2odd(m): 7:21am On Jan 12, 2016
BOWOTO:
when you finish struggling through school, you'll look back and wish you used all those money to improve yourself skillfully, or maybe start up a business, you're just 24, c'mon!

Education isn't just about going to the university.
A skillful mall will never go hungry, there's always time to return back to school.

Really!!, education is a must in this country , business is side ways . u can b educated and own a business. ask all those trader whose shop were demolished .some of them will which that they were educated so that they can have something to go back to. with education u can always dust ursef up and keep on working even after a mishap.

4 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by onyibajoe(m): 7:21am On Jan 12, 2016
Izugab:
Am an indigenous of Ebonyi state. So am far from home cos I reside in Onitsha (Okpoko precisely).

Am in Christ already cos am a Christian. Even the little money on me, since it's not enough to settle my problems, I used it to sow seed at church.
Bros, just be sure of your stand. I wish you well.
Know that you are better than so many no matter your condition.
I gave you that suggestion because I know it works. Onitsha is not a distance from your place.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by omoplaycool(m): 7:39am On Jan 12, 2016
Enough talk.. .was trying to look for his axc details but just found it.. I think if we all that have read it give at least a thousand naira , it will go a long way. ... I know how this feels as I've been in almost a similar situation in my life before.. The only advice he needs now is how to make money ,manage the one he has and of cause your money

cc No: 0004955961

Acc Name: NWOYE IZUCHUKWU GABRIEL

Bank: STANBIC IBTC

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by oglalasioux(m): 7:58am On Jan 12, 2016
The boy has got talent and zeal. Someone should be good spirited.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Nobody: 8:05am On Jan 12, 2016
god Will do dis, god will do that, bla bla blah...Don't comment if u know u can't contribute dime, una too dey talk.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by BOWOTO(m): 8:13am On Jan 12, 2016
2odd:

Really!!, education is a must in this country , business is side ways . u can b educated and own a business. ask all those trader whose shop were demolished .some of them will which that they were educated so that they can have something to go back to. with education u can always dust ursef up and keep on working even after a mishap.

This is where we still need to advance as Nigerians, there are short business courses he could take, not necessarily the 4year system, maybe 6months, he has the basic education, he can read and write.
Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Eddy2cute(m): 8:19am On Jan 12, 2016
Hummm @ op it is well
Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Nobody: 8:31am On Jan 12, 2016
I am a former student of UNN. I remember in my first year, how my roommate, who was the same age as the OP, left his course in 200 level to study Geology. And they were just about 50 in his new class. Back then, I could not comprehend why he did that. ... But now I understand.

Geology? Geology? And someone is telling him to ... to do what again, forfeit it? Ha!

It won't be easy, but it is worth it. The prospect in studying that course is very good. OP perhaps does not know there is something called PTDF scholarship, aside the numerous ones that abound for other students. His zeal to study will take him far. I've seen it happen before.

So OP, don't let anyone discourage you. Don't. What you have now -- your admission -- is a treasure worth many millions you could ever dream of.

I have a word. Go to CASOR UNN (a student fellowship), meet the President and tell him your story. I was a CASORITE, I have been part of a meeting where funds were being raised for students who could not pay their fees. They will help you.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Laykaybilly: 8:36am On Jan 12, 2016
Don't give up,don't hurt your loved ones,there's gotta be another way..
Top funeral services -
[url]osfuneralservices.com[/url]
Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by mrsokiemlove: 8:58am On Jan 12, 2016
don't give up...the Lord is your strength
Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Nobody: 8:59am On Jan 12, 2016
Pathetic! We are now in the era of E-begging and E-beggars
I find this hard to believe.
Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by earthrealm(m): 9:01am On Jan 12, 2016
Izugab:

First off, good evening my dear nairalanders. This problem has been quite insidious that I couldn't predict what the end of it could be.

Actually, I've seen lots of testimonies and helps that have been rendered to countless fellow nairalanders and this has prompted me to writing out this to see if God will help me as well from this great and noble forum.

I'll answer any question thrown on me. I can upload the pix of my documents as relevant to my admission as a proof.

be on the lookout for schorlarships, exxon/nnpc/elf/chevron usually have schorlarships for 1st yr and 2nd yr students, be on the look out for that.
i was from a poor home, my first year was tough, but while my mates were going to parties or chasing freshers...i was studying in the library...thats where i came across a newspaper about the shell scholarship, applied...was shortlisted for the test...travellled to ph from unn to write the test, passed...and shell started paying me 50k/yr......wch was a lot of money back then, now it might be 100k or 200k/yr......now all that is behind me

where there is a will there is a way.............i would hv said you shud get a part time job/do ond etc {university education isnt actually for everybody)....but u sound very determined, and you write/speak well........good to see no/few grammatical/spelling errors in your write up...keep it up.
will surely send something your way.
God bless u!

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Izugab(m): 9:06am On Jan 12, 2016
bobo65:
Modify this post and Attach Ur acct number to it

Iv read Ur story and I don't c it as a scam

If the 1000+ ppl that have read this post dropped 500 each, I know how much u would have gotten but trust me, some ppl can do a big Thanksgiving if they get 500 now but I blv there are many ppl that still c 500 as change, so pls help d dude

Op do get a per time job to avoid any future distress

If after saying this n I don't do sumtn then there z sumtn wrong with me

Rmb to thank NL "WHEN" u scale tru this cos u surely will

my phone was down, thats why it took me time to reply cos i had to charge it up.
Firstly I dont know how to change the threads name but I wont talk about suicide again. Ive put my account details,thanks for ur help.
I'll definitely share my testimony heqe if I pass this hurdle.
Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Izugab(m): 9:12am On Jan 12, 2016
CeenoEvu:
OP, I applaud your tenacity and focus. I'll talk further after you have removed suicide from your options (and your thread title).
I've removed the suicide option, so go on with what u ve to say
Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Nobody: 9:20am On Jan 12, 2016
Izugab:
I've removed the suicide option, so go on with what u ve to say

It's still in the title of your thread. I apologize if you find my request annoying, but I can explain.
Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Izugab(m): 9:25am On Jan 12, 2016
2odd:

u got it well bro. While in school I can develop myself in the business world.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by Nobody: 9:27am On Jan 12, 2016
Laykaybilly:
Don't give up,don't hurt your loved ones,there's gotta be another way..
Top funeral services -
[url]osfuneralservices.com[/url]

Another way to die without killing himself or another way out of his predicament without thinking about suicide? You are telling him not to kill himself but you're advertising your services.

Anyway, OP, if anything happens to you, please remember that your family will spend lots of money (which they don't have) to sort out your body and probably settle police self.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by boujaye: 9:50am On Jan 12, 2016
DeeTus:
OP, releasing your bank account quickly makes it look like 419. This is Internet and a lot of things come into play.
there is nothing 419 in this case, all the proofs are there, he needs help and his account no. is asked for by some persons, those touched by God and can help will do so. I pray he gets as many help as possible to save somebody's future and life.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by boujaye: 9:56am On Jan 12, 2016
favoryte33:
SCAMMERS ALERT!!
If you can't be your brothers keeper, don't worry just move on. You can look at the merit of this issue and know if true or false. He must not lost the opportunity, I believe God will send him great help.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by boujaye: 10:01am On Jan 12, 2016
Adonis3:
Op I really do feel for you and wish I could be of assistance.

However, the assistance I can offer though may not be monetary but I believe would go a long way helping you.

You have to understand that in life sacrifices have to be made and everything is about opportunity cost. Yes, I understand your desire and crave for higher learning but before you make any decision, ask yourself this question "is it really worth it?" Nigeria today churns out many graduates each year to join the already saturated employment market. Many graduates want to work in an office leaving many of the non-white colar jobs unexploited. Does being a university graduate guarantee a good life?

Many come here telling you not to mind anyone advising you to leave university education for now but just few of them have actually offered to assist you. In the world we find ourself, nobody gives a hoot about you! It's you and your GOD my brother.

Like someone said, it doesn't stop at first year. What would you do in subsequent years, would you keep coming to nairaland to seek help? I hope you know that the Geology you want to study requires a lot (finances, time and strength) coz I see you're talking about doing a part time job or so, I know because I have friends who are studying it.

That #25k you paid could have been invested into something that would have been yielding profits now or later.

My advice (I may be wrong), if you can't get the funds for education, put it aside, at least for now. Get something to do. You can be doing some research on your own, you can get contents related to your choice course and read up.

I pray the Almighty in his mercy would come to your aid and guide your footsteps so you tread carefully.

NB: This thread would NEVER get to FP so stop wasting your time shouting lalasticlala. Do all you can to direct traffic to the thread, you can use the link as your signature and make sure you comment on the first page of topics on front page. But just forget the thought of it getting to FP, it won't!
can't you see you are a murderer? But very soon you will hear his testimony on this forum.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. by akanbiaa(m): 10:19am On Jan 12, 2016
otokx:
The problems of Nigeria can be traced to the number of children in the family. The absurd part is when this chap becomes influential tomorrow, the absentee papa will pop out of nowhere and begin shine shine bobo.

We have to look inwards, 1 child per family and 2 names maximum child.
What you said is true but i guess Gods guidiance and favor is the best, do you know there are familiy with one or 2 and they still suffer, not due to poverty but attitude, greed, i dont care attitude and mentality of some parents that a child must suffer even if God did not ordain it so, so as for the child to be wise.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Differences Between Being Short Tempered And Hot Tempered / Security Men Harass A Student Of Federal Polytechnic Nasarawa (Video) / JAMB Set To Revalidate Biometrics Of Candidates Over Last 10 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.