Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,546 members, 7,827,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Mariah Carey Replies Eminem With 'obsessed' - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Mariah Carey Replies Eminem With 'obsessed' (2675 Views)

Video: Mariah Carey Gives Horrible Perfomance At New York Event / Ice Cube Disses Kanye, Eminem, Jay-z, Dr Dre And Everyone In New Song. / Eminem Vs Mariah Carey And Nick Cannon (serious Stuff) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mariah Carey Replies Eminem With 'obsessed' by Genuflect(m): 5:00pm On Jun 22, 2009
@Bamsyle
So it's about his age now? He disses all the time so why are you getting pissed now? I can understand you saying that Relapse is crap (not that I agree) but dissing him for dissing? I don't know. Personally, I like Relapse and those nu freestyles are just something else. He is still on his toes convincing people that he's good, rapping like he needs a deal. Not like some rappers who don't listen to hip hop again (Lil' Wayne) and decide to release a rock album or whatever. Eminem has still gat it and all these Mariah Carey bashing are just for his pop fans.
Re: Mariah Carey Replies Eminem With 'obsessed' by Bamsyle(m): 5:27pm On Jun 22, 2009
No, not his age . . . it has more to do with his growth . . . his metamorphosis . . . his status - after a considerable length of time in the game.

Agreed he started that way . . . dissing people . . . and I ain't saying he's gotta switch his style . . . my point is - when an MC of Em's 'status' has an overall I'm-just-phuckin'-around, never-take-me-serious style, it's bad enough . . . but when you keep taking cheap shots at a diva . . . or divas . . . get a grip!!!

Bagpipes From Baghdad?? Hell no . . . that ain't phuckin' around . . . he's just whining like a baby who needs attention!

As for Relapse, I mos def dig some tracks on that album (Underground, Careful What You Wish For, even My Darling and Old Time's Sake) . . . but only the first two remind me of when Em used ta rap like he needed a deal (using your words) . . .

Well . . . maybe if I can close me eyes . . . and assume Eminem never did SSLP, MMLP and TES . . . maybe only then can I call Relapse an album of quality substance.

And don't forget - I'm a fan.
Re: Mariah Carey Replies Eminem With 'obsessed' by rapjunkie(m): 5:35pm On Jun 22, 2009
Bamsyle:

As for Relapse, I mos def dig some tracks on that album (Underground, Careful What You Wish For, even My Darling and Old Time's Sake) . . . but only the first two remind me of when Em used ta rap like he needed a deal (using your words) . . .

Well . . . maybe if I can close me eyes . . . and assume Eminem never did SSLP, MMLP and TES . . . maybe only then can I call Relapse an album of quality substance.

@Bamsyle

Would you advise me to listen to the rest of the tracks on the album? . .  . . . .i'm still convulsing after listening to ' we made u'
Re: Mariah Carey Replies Eminem With 'obsessed' by kaypumpin2(m): 6:00pm On Jun 22, 2009
No, not his age . . . it has more to do with his growth . . . his metamorphosis . . . his status - after a considerable length of time in the game.
Agreed he started that way . . . dissing people . . . and I ain't saying he's gotta switch his style . . . my point is - when an MC of Em's 'status' has an overall I'm-just-phuckin'-around, never-take-me-serious style, it's bad enough . . . but when you keep taking cheap shots at a diva . . . or divas . . . get a grip!!!

. . . . . and i still insist Em doesn't have to change his style.For how long now has Jay been a conceited-swaggalious-40's sipping dude.He owes no one any apologies for that his swag and i do not see him switching style to show change is the only constant thing in life or affirm metamorphosis.

Close you eyes for one moment and imagine a Marshall Mathers release without divas' disses or devoid of Slim Shady personae  lipsrsealed

Bagpipes From Baghdad?? Hell no . . . that ain't phuckin' around . . . he's just whining like a baby who needs attention!

Attention from who exactly?

So long as any of the songs ain't in My Band(D12's world)'s level,its cool. tongue grin
Re: Mariah Carey Replies Eminem With 'obsessed' by Bamsyle(m): 6:06pm On Jun 22, 2009
rapjunkie:

@Bamsyle

Would you advise me to listen to the rest of the tracks on the album? . .  . . . .i'm still convulsing after listening to ' we made u'

Hehe . . . listen in this order -

Old Time's Sake (will somewhat cleanse the bitter taste of We Made You from your taste buds) . . .

My Darling (pay close attention, it will show that all hope may not be lost on Eminem afterall) . . .

Careful What You Wish For (you'll immediately remember Eminem/Fiddy/Obie "Love Me"wink . . .

Underground (this is the climax . . . after that, just click stop . . . cos anything after that, me I no dey o!!!  grin)
Re: Mariah Carey Replies Eminem With 'obsessed' by Bamsyle(m): 6:33pm On Jun 22, 2009
kay_pumpin:

. . . . . and i still insist Em doesn't have to change his style.For how long now has Jay been a conceited-swaggalious-40's sipping dude.He owes no one any apologies for that his swag and i do not see him switching style to show change is the only constant thing in life or affirm metamorphosis.

I ain't asking for no switch in style or change in subject matter . . . fact is that's what even fetches him sales . . . all I'm saying (in this thread) is Em does not need this diva-bashing . . . especially when you and I know this ain't his usual phuckin' around schizto . . . and mess that, I just can't consider him in the class of Rap's Greats when all he does to sell is diss divas and other peops who can offer him lil' or no resistance anyway . . . can you call that a rap battle??

It's his style to clown most of the time but you and I know that in Rap, we can do with some mind-boggling sh*t . . . I mean - what was on his mind when he did "Lose Yourself"??

It's ok but it gets boring at a stage and you're like . . . grow up dude!!

Close you eyes for one moment and imagine a Marshall Mathers release without divas' disses

I just did . . . and heavens, it's B-L-I-S-S . . . tongue

or devoid of Slim Shady personae lipsrsealed

Nah . . . now this is where I'm prolly being misunderstood . . . I dig Em the Imp, Em the Fiend, I dig it when he does deep and dark sturvs like Guilty Conscience and My Darling . . . but dissing divas and celebrities?? That's cheap and I don't feel that!!

Attention from who exactly?

From the listening world . . . that's why fans of anything from Pop . . . to Rock, Jazz, Reggae or sh*tever listen to Eminem . . . he spews controversies . . . period.

So long as any of the songs ain't in My Band(D12's world)'s level,its cool. tongue grin

Hehe . . . D-12?? . . . don't let's go there . . . grin
Re: Mariah Carey Replies Eminem With 'obsessed' by Genuflect(m): 8:28pm On Jun 22, 2009
@Bamsyle
You don't want Em to switch styles and you don't want him diva bashing. How? I don't really get your point. You want him to stop and continue at the same time? I like the way you've been logical about your other points but this is the one I just don't get. Personally, I don't really like 'We Made You'. It's not as sweet as his last four first singles but I didn't have any probs wit the topic. That's just his way. And I don't agree with you saying you can't mention him among Rap's Greats, though it's your opinion. And please, Em is not the type to just diss baselessly on a record. You heard how he bigged up Paul Wall, Bubba Sparxx and even Asher Roth which people have repeatedly pitched him against. By the way, have you heard those freestyles I've kept talking bout?
Re: Mariah Carey Replies Eminem With 'obsessed' by rapjunkie(m): 8:49pm On Jun 22, 2009
Bamsyle:

Hehe . . . listen in this order -

Old Time's Sake (will somewhat cleanse the bitter taste of We Made You from your taste buds) . . .

My Darling (pay close attention, it will show that all hope may not be lost on Eminem afterall) . . .

Careful What You Wish For (you'll immediately remember Eminem/Fiddy/Obie "Love Me"wink . . .

Underground (this is the climax . . . after that, just click stop . . . cos anything after that, me I no dey o!!! grin)

thanks for that . . . . . i will listen . . . one day. cool
Re: Mariah Carey Replies Eminem With 'obsessed' by sugabelle: 12:17am On Jun 23, 2009
The "Obssessed" song was a diss? I didn't notice! cheesy. Song is sweet tho', love it. "Last man on the earth, still couldn't get this!" Meaning of course, she wouldn't touch Em with a 10-foot pole. She's always had songs like these, check her repetoire (remember "Clown?" That was for Eminem too, I believe). There's always some guy out there claiming bragging rights on some lady's booty - and MC always has a lady-like way of dissing 'em right back. "You're a 'Mom&Pop', I'm a corporation. . .I'm the press conference, you're a conversation. . ." Sorry, Em'em! tongue
Re: Mariah Carey Replies Eminem With 'obsessed' by Bamsyle(m): 9:17am On Jun 23, 2009
Genuflect:

@Bamsyle
You don't want Em to switch styles and you don't want him diva bashing. How? I don't really get your point. You want him to stop and continue at the same time? I like the way you've been logical about your other points but this is the one I just don't get. Personally, I don't really like 'We Made You'. It's not as sweet as his last four first singles but I didn't have any probs wit the topic. That's just his way. And I don't agree with you saying you can't mention him among Rap's Greats, though it's your opinion. And please, Em is not the type to just diss baselessly on a record. You heard how he bigged up Paul Wall, Bubba Sparxx and even Asher Roth which people have repeatedly pitched him against. By the way, have you heard those freestyles I've kept talking bout?

Lemme try 'n' make one thang clear - when I'm talking style, I basically mean flow, delivery, rhyme pattern, voice . . . basically every component that makes up the "sonic Eminem" . . .

That does not include diva-bashing and what-not . . . that's part of his subject matter.

That said, I'm ok with his style - talk about the delivery/flow, the rhymes (both basic and multies), the metas, the similies, the wit, the wordplay . . . he scores highly in all those.

And now - subject matter . . . that's where I have issues with him . . . I'm ok with him rapping about sinister and dark themes (playing the devil in Guilty Conscience, or battling the demon(s) in him in My Darling,) . . . I'm ok with his horror themes (Underground, Stay Wide Awake (even though I don't like his delivery on this one)) . . . that's what makes him shady as "Slim Shady" . . . I'm ok with Em the imp, the fiend . . . even Em the demon . . . prolly cos I like horror flicks.

My main issue with his subject matter is the names-dropping, celebrity-dissing, and diva-bashing side of things . . . it reeks of him seeking cheap publicity . . . of course someone would say he's already popular . . . but he needs to get the popularity going . . . so he drops popular names . . . that's cheapening of Eminem . . . and it even gets boring.

Lemme ask - when you visit a record store to buy an album, what's the major factor that prompts you to do so?? Is it not cos you dig the artiste's lyrics/delivery?? Now when you look at an artiste . . . an MC . . . who, by norms, ought to be reverred, and all you see as his overall theme is him talking about killing/raping his wife/mom and dissing celebrities who can't cross swords with him . . . at his level, I see that as bullsh*t . . . that's why he's selling - dissing celebrities sells . . . let him drop an album without misogynyst themes . . . letz rate him by his artistry alone . . . and let him sell by his artistry alone . . . he sells through celebrity disses . . . strip him of that and what d'you get

That's why I won't rate him as one of Rap's Greats.

Eminem is a shock value artiste . . . and right now, I don't even think he's really that shocking anymore . . . now what happens when, with time, his shocking themes reach a zero degree . . . and don't shock anymore??

Methinks he needs more than shock value.
Re: Mariah Carey Replies Eminem With 'obsessed' by obinna5000(m): 1:13pm On Jul 15, 2009
Mariah Carey - Obsessed (Official Video)

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsVrF1zW3ZE[/flash]
Re: Mariah Carey Replies Eminem With 'obsessed' by HohDee(m): 4:20pm On Jul 15, 2009
@ obinna5000

thxs 4 tht vid, can't jst stop laughin.
tht bitch is f**kin hilarious 4 makin Em luk
like a freakin loser chasin her arnd
even though Em ga no beard, bt tht vid is stil dope
thxs son rily enjoyed it

hw do u even get vid tht early
cuz d vid kinda leakd & da link had been pulled
frm all site, big up menh
Re: Mariah Carey Replies Eminem With 'obsessed' by sley4life(m): 8:34pm On Jul 15, 2009
good
Re: Mariah Carey Replies Eminem With 'obsessed' by sley4life(m): 9:00pm On Jul 15, 2009
i lov u mariah
Re: Mariah Carey Replies Eminem With 'obsessed' by ofokaofoki: 12:18pm On Jan 26, 2010
this thread don die ??

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do You Sleep By Sam Smith MP3 / What Makes The Lagos Music Market So Big? / All Naija Music Lyrics Request

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.