Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! (30653 Views)

Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign / A Friend Was Asked To Resign Because He Has A Company Of His Own. / I Got This For Asking My Boss My February Salary (2) (3) (4)

Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by Nobody: 5:10am On Jan 18, 2016
I find the story hard to belive, especially given the ops poor writing style, and the fact that he is coming to Nairaland of all places.

That said, all you can really do is SURVIVE. Outlast the boss. Most companies have an anonymous ethics hotline; use this to complain.

A lot of us have been through horrible bosses, and sometimes, especially in bad job markets, all you can do is grit your teeth and face your work, and outlast them.

I have been through this as well, my department had a boss who was one of the worst. It was a horrible 4 years, but she's gone now.! And she had a befitting send off that we all boycotted.

Good riddance.

Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by laoma15(m): 5:23am On Jan 18, 2016
My advice to you all facing difficult times in the hand of your superiors at this time will be to speak up. No one deserves to suffer in silence. He is not the owner of the business. He is a fellow labourer be him Manager or CEO. The shareholders are the owners of business. Every other person on the team are labourers.

Send a very strong petition to your HR at the head office. Do not resign your appointment except its on performance issues and if you have gotten an alternative. No one is capable of determining your life for you except you alone.

Take the matter to God and present your case. Something will happen and he will leave for you. I have been in a similar situation before. I have to pray the devil out of my way. He left for me!

This is to all you wicked bosses out there; position is a place of trust. Stop managing your subordinates with fear and intimidation. You are supposed to treat them like a teammate and get the best out of them. This is 21st century. Remember there is law of karma waiting for you and your descendants. Whatever a man soweth, he shall reap.

Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by dammytosh: 5:33am On Jan 18, 2016
butanep:

So since the work is not 1m, he should die there abi...

What kind of slavery advised is that?

Op think of a better business to do & sign out. It is better to die developing your business than developing another man's empire.

Check ur comprehension skills bro.

Wat i simply meant is that he can't quit just because somebody is frustrating him on the job.

If he starts a business and frustration sets in, he should quit too ?
Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by rchilee: 5:33am On Jan 18, 2016
angryhumanbeing:
Good Day pals, please pardon all grammatical errors because I am very angry now as I write this.
I am a known person here but I decided to change my name.

I am a banker. I was working in bank X before i joined bank Y. I had wonderful experiences in bank X. I decided to join bank Y so as to have experience there too. But ever since I joined bank Y, it has been disaster working there from the very first day I entered there. The manager has been tormenting me from the very first day he sighted me. I dont know if we have struggled for a babe b4, i just dnt knw. I am a permanent staff but this man treats me like a cleaner. The time for us to be in the office is latest 7.20am but in my first week there, i came to work by 7.17am and this man was shoutn and embarrasing me outside the bank where customers queues up to withdraw from the atm. Dat was my first bitter encounter wit him. I was brought to the branch as Funds Transfer Officer but it took this manager a full month to create me as FTO. On my Third day on the job, He connived with another bad colleague and they pushed me to the atm as ATM Custodian. This I was doing with tears because this man was just making life unbearable for me by threatening me all the time. All the jobs in the branch was given to me to do except FTO jobs. He refused creatn me and even wen i was later created, he still refuse i work as FTO. Theres sometn called cashdrop box, and its meant for contract staff to work there but this man forced me to work there for even upto a month combined with atm custodian and other cash jobs while the other bad colleague walks around pressing fones and chattn. Later in November, the Area Manager visited and said i should be returned as FTO. Ever since then, this manager will pack other peoples job on me and be embarassing me in front of customers when I dnt finish them. Whenever I tried to complain, he will start shoutn and insultn me in front of customers. This has been happening for upto 5months now. I joined this particular bank in late August and by middle of september, 6 staff angrily left the branch because of this manager and his accomplices. By tomoro, another staff is leavn becos of constant quarell wit manager. The branch has been under wicked rule by this manager and the other bad colleague. For the past 5months I have been here, its been hell. I have reduced drastically in size. Even size 30 trousers are very loose on waist now becos of so much thinkn, insults and harrasments from this man.
I have planned to resign at the end of the month becos of the evil torture of this man and the other bad colleague. Please I need matured advices becos i am almost like a walking corpse. Each week i feel sick here. One sickness or the other.
Any day i remember i will go to dat office, my mind will be filled with sadness becos theres no single day this same man will nt harrass me.

Pls mods help me. I need advices and i have made up my mind to leavn here becos each day i see this man and the other bad man, i feel like shooting them to death becos as i speak nw, the other bad man does nothn in the branch. He only snaps pics,chat and walk around. He comes to work by 7.45am and the manager will nt say a word!

Pls mods help me do the needful. Thank you.

There are reporting lines, why not complain to a superior or better still write the Head office. You cant resign cos of him, he didn't employ you. Or you can go to HR nd report.
Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by Nobody: 5:46am On Jan 18, 2016
Let me first speak to you on your level so you understand, if you resign that would be immature because life is full of challenges hence every experience is meant to teach you a life lesson which if you run from will still come your way again, meaning even I you run to another job you will still meet a boss like this.

Now let me talk to you from experience as a manager way higher than your current boss.

1. Even if you were to write to the hrm via email your branch manager would be contacted and he would surely deny and label you a problem staff, you don't want this on your record, hence what do you do?

2. Take affirmative action, next time he is insulting you record audio conversations of the entire exchange and email it to HR stating personal insults and prejudice, he can't now deny this but i suggest you record at least five different sessions in which he intentionally makes you neglect your duties. Then also get the colleagues who are accomplices then at each point speak politely stating that this is a decisions that will make you neglect your duties.

Finally know that if you go through with this he will be transferred to another branch or be forced to under go compulsory attudinal adjustment training.

Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by idu1(m): 5:47am On Jan 18, 2016
angryhumanbeing:
i wrote a letter last yr, dats wen the area manager came to return me to my desk but since then, the manager has been more hostile.
face him with prayers. Call family and friends prayer for this man head. He go clear road for you. No be him get bank and no him be employ you. Tell your spiritual leader. If na me na witches prayer i go blow for him head o. My guy don't resign o.

Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by helovesme(f): 5:50am On Jan 18, 2016
Chinwem:

Angryhumanbeing
Send an anonymous email (or two)
raise concerns about this boss in regards to fraud
You don't have to prove anything

Just raise concerns
From his antics I believe they will uncover some filth
It works faster than waiting for HR to act
He will be out of there before Valentine's day grin

I agree. grin grin
This will work as fast as lightening bolt. The bank will send auditors to the branch like ASAP and you are right, he will be transferred.

His boss is obviously up to something dodgy.

Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by awikonko(m): 5:54am On Jan 18, 2016
Sir,
Resigning is not an option at all. The first thing you need to take care of as an individual is to limit the amount of people you complain to in the office. Some of these guys might even be informants to your boss. Once that is done reporting to Human Resources won't help you either if you don't have serious proofs, just do your job and never give him any reason to fault you in any way. Stay focussed and pray hard, with time you will overcome, don't distance urself from your friends too cos if hee knows you are alone it makes you more vulnerable. Ignore him and do your job. Wish you all the the best.

Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by cnsprince76: 6:10am On Jan 18, 2016
Get a recording device and capture some of the humiliating moments. File a report to higher authority. Don't let him celebrate undeserved victory by resigning.
Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by rite2help(m): 6:13am On Jan 18, 2016
It's very sad to Note that the Power and Efficacy of Prayer is yet to be understood by very many people.
I will encourage you to quickly seek God deligently.Resigning from the Job is cowardice.

Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by HaroldFinch(m): 6:20am On Jan 18, 2016
Quiting doesn't cut it at all. Staying strong and firm in face of adversity will only make you better. If you're very sure of getting a new job, how sure are you that it would be better? I would suggest that you keep what you have now. get closer to the devil. play, pretend to be his errand boy or whatever for a while, see if you could get close enough to him. there's only one sun at a time. more revolts will bring more work. I pray we get to that level in Nigeria where reports would yield positive results. you're not in the US or UK. Just persevere.... cos even the courts won't help on time.
Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by olashas(f): 6:23am On Jan 18, 2016
Send an anonymous mail to compliance dept. Your bank's HCM dept will take it up from there. He will get a query if you do this
Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by Bussme: 6:27am On Jan 18, 2016
Go on ur kneel and pray for him every 12midnight. Gather proves or evidences. Thirdly, incase u are dating any one in d office, kindly play with caution or if u are eyeing any of girls, pls desist.
Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by ifeomaekol(f): 6:31am On Jan 18, 2016
[quote author=petkruz post=41837804]My dear, i'v been in your shoes before! If u resign because of your manager u would start drinking garri. You need to be strong as a man and ignore so many things! Pretend as though they don't exist. If he gives u the job of a contract staff, do it. If he adds saturday to your job, do it. If he screams at u in front of customers, swallow it. All these treatment is preparing u for a better future! Afterall u wudnt remain in that branch forever. In my case the head of operations asked me out,i turned him down politely and the branch became a living hell for me but I did my job well,saved enough money to start up my clothing line and resigned. 5months is too short to quit, stay there and ignore office politics,focus on your job and keep praying.[/quote) thumbs up dear, I am in d same situation wt d op, I wnted to stp afta dec bt for d fear of staying @home n doin nuthn made me stay n nw its worse, its like a particular set of pple in my office hv decided to make my life a living hell, it hv evn gotten to d extent dt d director believes everything dey report to, Him abt me n wt d way things r going I hv decided to stp@ d end of d mnth. I rem goin to wrk n my hrt skips, no joy -nuthn. So if stpn ll give him peace of mind its beta oooo.
Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by prigoz(m): 6:42am On Jan 18, 2016
My dear, leader don't quit and quiter to lead, in every condition u find urself, thank God because that is his will for u dat moment.moreover it takes stronge mind to be a man. U 're being trained indirectly for bigger task and nothing is permanent in life except change, no matter how Long u stay with d manager, pretend as if it does not pain at all and keep smiling face, one day he will chang
Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by ifeomaekol(f): 6:48am On Jan 18, 2016
Op am in d same situation wt u nw------if u think u cnt stomach it any more then resign, u staying ll only reduce ur life span bt I wnt u to do these first----u wrote dt u hv worked in another bank for sm yrs? Thus I believe u made good frds n connections? Go to these frds n connections nw, tell them u need a job as soon as possible n wait for dia reply. 2) take a bold step n report dt man again, u wrote u hv done it b4 abi? Do it again bt ds time wt a tangible evidence of a strong misconduct of his.3) ask for a transfer. D good thing in ur case is dt u hv pple u cn report him to(me I hv none expect God), bt if u feel u jux cnt deal anymore then u let go n walk away. Bt make sure to plan very well, nigeria is bad we keep chanting bt its only wat u believe dt wrks for u. Grt men r nt made by dia actions bt d decisions dey take b4 d actions. B strong, as I am, one thing I kw is dt we all ll reap our deeds oneday n dt ur manager ll reap his even sooner dan u think.

Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by chekasforchekas: 6:48am On Jan 18, 2016
See una nodey get mind challenge una boss.
Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by stchinedu: 6:50am On Jan 18, 2016
angryhumanbeing:
Good Day pals, please pardon all grammatical errors because I am very angry now as I write this.

I am a banker. I was working in bank X before i joined bank Y. I had wonderful experiences in bank X. I decided to join bank Y so as to have experience there too. But ever since I joined bank Y, it has been disaster working there from the very first day I entered there. The manager has been tormenting me from the very first day he sighted me. I dont know if we have struggled for a babe b4, i just dnt knw. I am a permanent staff but this man treats me like a cleaner. The time for us to be in the office is latest 7.20am but in my first week there, i came to work by 7.17am and this man was shoutn and embarrasing me outside the bank where customers queues up to withdraw from the atm. Dat was my first bitter encounter wit him. I was brought to the branch as Funds Transfer Officer but it took this manager a full month to create me as FTO. On my Third day on the job, He connived with another bad colleague and they pushed me to the atm as ATM Custodian. This I was doing with tears because this man was just making life unbearable for me by threatening me all the time. All the jobs in the branch was given to me to do except FTO jobs. He refused creatn me and even wen i was later created, he still refuse i work as FTO. Theres sometn called cashdrop box, and its meant for contract staff to work there but this man forced me to work there for even upto a month combined with atm custodian and other cash jobs while the other bad colleague walks around pressing fones and chattn. Later in November, the Area Manager visited and said i should be returned as FTO. Ever since then, this manager will pack other peoples job on me and be embarassing me in front of customers when I dnt finish them. Whenever I tried to complain, he will start shoutn and insultn me in front of customers. This has been happening for upto 5months now. I joined this particular bank in late August and by middle of september, 6 staff angrily left the branch because of this manager and his accomplices. By tomoro, another staff is leavn becos of constant quarell wit manager. The branch has been under wicked rule by this manager and the other bad colleague. For the past 5months I have been here, its been hell. I have reduced drastically in size. Even size 30 trousers are very loose on waist now becos of so much thinkn, insults and harrasments from this man.
I have planned to resign at the end of the month becos of the evil torture of this man and the other bad colleague. Please I need matured advices becos i am almost like a walking corpse. Each week i feel sick here. One sickness or the other.
Any day i remember i will go to dat office, my mind will be filled with sadness becos theres no single day this same man will nt harrass me.

Pls mods help me. I need advices and i have made up my mind to leavn here becos each day i see this man and the other bad man, i feel like shooting them to death becos as i speak nw, the other bad man does nothn in the branch. He only snaps pics,chat and walk around. He comes to work by 7.45am and the manager will nt say a word!

I read all your posts and comments... sad cry
However, I will never ask you to stay or move on, I will rather warn you to be very careful.
I have a friend who worked in Diamond bank. He was strong and doing well under his bossy manager until the sad event...
He granted a loan request to a major customer with the consent and full approval of his manager. In fact, it was the manager who pushed the customer to him with the order that he attend to him but he defaulted and the rest is story.
My friend was sacked, jailed for some weeks, released and ruined. However, the customer did not deny taking loan but he claimed he could not meet up with the payment. Don't ask whether the customer did not bring collateral, he did! However, the collateral was not coextensive with the loan (this happened because it was on the order of the bossy manager to attend to him based on 'his good standing with the bank'). As for my friend, his offence was 'giving loan to a defaulter' and not taking enough collateral. The manager nko? He feigned ignorance of the transaction.
Bottom line...WATCH AND PRAY! God is your strength.

Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by Icaretoo: 6:53am On Jan 18, 2016
guy.. u have to go spiritually on him , if possible sow a seed on the manager oo cos all the men that's has set aside to hurt us cannot always have there way like they have a say in ur life.
God will do it, just report him to the Almighty
Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by cruz419(m): 6:56am On Jan 18, 2016
pls don't quit dat wat dey want!!!endure it with prayer,,and keep ur head high people are out dere looking for dat job u have!!!!
Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by davide470(m): 6:59am On Jan 18, 2016
Ayoolla:
For those advising you write to Superiors etc they dont understand the dynamics of organizational politics in the Nigerian workspace. First of all, @Op you goofed by writing that earlier letter you mentioned. That boss was trying to assert his authority over you as a boss-you could have just laid low, play dumb, seem less ambitious and he would have played into your hands. Talking from experience, secondly, remember the first law of power by robert greene# Never outshine the master. Your boss surely knows you are good at what you do, in fact excellent but he's trying to frustrate you- because he wants to prove youre nothing- Two Options- you either resign or stay . If you stay , remain calm, be respectful to the boss, try and study the kind of person he is- do some unexpected favours, find out about his favourite hangouts, his social network/ affiliation, that way you might be making yourself more like boss boy in the long. Then #pray, #pray #pray.... Prayer helps you lift worries, burdens and stress.. All the best
With this kind of mindset, we won't get anywhere in this country!.

Also, take Robert Greene's advise only if you are in the Mafia.

Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by Exponental(m): 7:02am On Jan 18, 2016
If you quit, you suffered for 5months and moved into joblessness that can make you go into thinking. if you don't have it rossy doesn't mean it will end bad. Play along and pray God splits you guys. On the other hand, be careful of how you report him.
Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by francizy(m): 7:02am On Jan 18, 2016
angryhumanbeing:
i wrote a letter last yr, dats wen the area manager came to return me to my desk but since then, the manager has been more hostile.

Do your research well before going into any business tho. While at work, you can be doing your research on the side. My advice is, when you're satisfied with what you have researched on, quit your job and move into it. While on it, you can be applying for entrepreneurship programs too.

In my own case, if I were you, I'd research very well about one or more food processing business to go into. Especially food items that don't easily get spoilt, say cassava/garri, palm fruits/palm oil, semo, wheat, etc. This is because, with enough research, market analysis, business planning, startup capital, etc, this businesses have high probabilities of survival and success. Fact is, people can never get tired of eating and the Nigerian economy may soon tilt towards agriculture.

Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by noblegrex: 7:03am On Jan 18, 2016
petkruz:
My dear, i'v been in your shoes before! If u resign because of your manager u would start drinking garri. You need to be strong as a man and ignore so many things! Pretend as though they don't exist. If he gives u the job of a contract staff, do it. If he adds saturday to your job, do it. If he screams at u in front of customers, swallow it. All these treatment is preparing u for a better future! Afterall u wudnt remain in that branch forever. In my case the head of operations asked me out,i turned him down politely and the branch became a living hell for me but I did my job well,saved enough money to start up my clothing line and resigned. 5months is too short to quit, stay there and ignore office politics,focus on your job and keep praying.
shikenna.he who has ears
Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by Laredojohn(m): 7:04am On Jan 18, 2016
angryhumanbeing:

Bro ,i feel your pain, but there is one thing I believe in, dnt resign because of him, rather he will b transferred because of you, the bank is not he's he is also a staff as you are, he is just at edge mayb because of his years of experience, pray and keep hope alive, sure the head office also will b sort of monitoring his actions as staffs under him are all transferring, your case will likely make his cup full. All d best
Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by Nobody: 7:05am On Jan 18, 2016
angryhumanbeing:

my brother; na this kind wahala guy man like me dey like; u know many at times, things happen because we let the people above have their way, If I were in your shoes, this is what i'll do...
I'll lead a squad of coup against him, and make him know i'm the head of it...
What do I mean by this? I'll aggregate a set of aggrieved people that don't like him, We form our own group; Our job, will be writing countless petitions against him.... continues streams of petitions.... he should feel a palpable tension @ d place of work too. why should it be u thinking of leaving? Why can't he think of leaving...
@ the hight oF d tussle, go and meet him, plead for a truce (I can bet U, he will gladly accept (when he has felt ur headache enough) and both of u will become best of pals...
Moreso when he shouts on you in front of customers, pls do well to shun him...

C.C : samguru

I used this tactics, it worked perfectly ; though I'm a government worker...
Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by fortunejum: 7:06am On Jan 18, 2016
My brother relax. No sharking. What is happening is a spiritual attack and the devil is using the Manager to fight you and want you to quit the job. If you will be sincere to fast and pray this prayer points for seven days, you will see God's intervention. But you must be born again, ask God to forgive all your sins. Then fire this bullets:
1. Every attack from my place of work, oh God arise and fight for me in Jesus name
2. Any man, any spirit sitting on my position, be un-sited my fire in the name of Jesus.
3. O God, as I step into my office today, let all those that has been humiliating/harassing me be silence by the Blood of Jesus.
4. Blood of Jesus, wash away every mark of hatred in my life in the name of Jesus.
5. Spirit of the living God, place upon me the mark of divine favour, make me to have favour before God and man in Jesus name.
NOTE: The best time to fire this prayer bullets is in the midnight. {from 12pm}

YOU ARE FREE.

Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by SirGowon(m): 7:13am On Jan 18, 2016
Since you already have plans of resigning, you have nothing to lose if you write to higher authorities of wat you are going through and prepare for whatsoever comes out of it. It's a win win thing and you just might be saving a lot of people in the same shii in that branch
Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by missojugo(f): 7:13am On Jan 18, 2016
angryhumanbeing:
like i said, i hv been workn in another bank for some yrs b4 i entered this bank. So am just 5months old in this new bank. So i hv some cash wch i can invest in biz.

Dont ever quit your job because of other people's behaviour. Given the staff turnover rate I am sure he is already under investigation by head office unless you have an incompetent HR head. Focus on your job and start applying for jobs else were. Keep saving and only leave paid employment when you are ready to become self employed. The manager has it coming sonner than you think.

Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by noblegrex: 7:13am On Jan 18, 2016
Like every other people are saying. Get a plan and plan it out and make sure its planed.then, you can think of leaving.but for me,I'll find a way of frsutrating him.I'll deal with him first.knowing fully way that I'm leaving.
Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by INFOTECH2: 7:14am On Jan 18, 2016
Boss

Don't resign yet!!

Take time to have a plan B.

Save up and make concrete plans.

Do not leave any official job undone and do not show any form of laxity.

Rest as much as possible as your health is very important.

Report to higher authorities : it can be anonymous and repetitive.

You are being prepared for for greater heights.

angryhumanbeing:

20 Signs You’re A Creative Person. / One Legged Man Washing A Car While Balancing On A Stick (Photo) / Meet The Young Nigerian Female Engineer Who Works As An Aircraft Mechanic. Photo

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135