Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,292 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! (30657 Views)

Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign / A Friend Was Asked To Resign Because He Has A Company Of His Own. / I Got This For Asking My Boss My February Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by MicroBox: 7:20am On Jan 18, 2016
Stop thinking you are a quite guy, stop thinking you are a hard working guy, stop thinking you are a cool and easy going guy, stop thinking yourself as a permanent staff, stop thinking you are not a rude guy.... Bro die like a man than to leave like a cowered, you are a permanent staff and nobody is going to sack you just like that, stop thinking about them cos you've got bills to fix, I know you are single that why you are thinking that way.... put them to their seats politely and when you start receiving query upon query then leave as a man but not as a cowered... you are a staff always remember that, their is rules of engagement and disengagement... offend them too and kill your fear now nobody will sack you.. look at them as your colleagues with equal right.... none of them own the bank, everybody come for daily bread so don't allow someone with tons of family and friends CV in his mail box to scare you away from your hard to get work... Bro think like a graduate Oil per barrel is declining everyday and Nigeria budget is base on that, Iran have now join oil producing which will further fall the price of oil per barrel.... Guy Bleep those your oga...watch channels TV, aljezeera, BBC, TVC and Bloomberg they will save and guide you more on how to plan your day to day as regards to money and decision making....

2 Likes

Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by Gamusgamus: 7:26am On Jan 18, 2016
angryhumanbeing:
Good Day pals, please pardon all grammatical errors because I am very angry now as I write this.
I am a known person here but I decided to change my name.

I am a banker. I was working in bank X before i joined bank Y. I had wonderful experiences in bank X. I decided to join bank Y so as to have experience there too. But ever since I joined bank Y, it has been disaster working there from the very first day I entered there. The manager has been tormenting me from the very first day he sighted me. I dont know if we have struggled for a babe b4, i just dnt knw. I am a permanent staff but this man treats me like a cleaner. The time for us to be in the office is latest 7.20am but in my first week there, i came to work by 7.17am and this man was shoutn and embarrasing me outside the bank where customers queues up to withdraw from the atm. Dat was my first bitter encounter wit him. I was brought to the branch as Funds Transfer Officer but it took this manager a full month to create me as FTO. On my Third day on the job, He connived with another bad colleague and they pushed me to the atm as ATM Custodian. This I was doing with tears because this man was just making life unbearable for me by threatening me all the time. All the jobs in the branch was given to me to do except FTO jobs. He refused creatn me and even wen i was later created, he still refuse i work as FTO. Theres sometn called cashdrop box, and its meant for contract staff to work there but this man forced me to work there for even upto a month combined with atm custodian and other cash jobs while the other bad colleague walks around pressing fones and chattn. Later in November, the Area Manager visited and said i should be returned as FTO. Ever since then, this manager will pack other peoples job on me and be embarassing me in front of customers when I dnt finish them. Whenever I tried to complain, he will start shoutn and insultn me in front of customers. This has been happening for upto 5months now. I joined this particular bank in late August and by middle of september, 6 staff angrily left the branch because of this manager and his accomplices. By tomoro, another staff is leavn becos of constant quarell wit manager. The branch has been under wicked rule by this manager and the other bad colleague. For the past 5months I have been here, its been hell. I have reduced drastically in size. Even size 30 trousers are very loose on waist now becos of so much thinkn, insults and harrasments from this man.
I have planned to resign at the end of the month becos of the evil torture of this man and the other bad colleague. Please I need matured advices becos i am almost like a walking corpse. Each week i feel sick here. One sickness or the other.
Any day i remember i will go to dat office, my mind will be filled with sadness becos theres no single day this same man will nt harrass me.

Pls mods help me. I need advices and i have made up my mind to leavn here becos each day i see this man and the other bad man, i feel like shooting them to death becos as i speak nw, the other bad man does nothn in the branch. He only snaps pics,chat and walk around. He comes to work by 7.45am and the manager will nt say a word!

Pls mods help me do the needful. Thank you.
My friend take the bull by the horn and quite that job , there is something he and his accomplice are doing and hiding ,
Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by swankylay(m): 7:29am On Jan 18, 2016
Nigerians tho..... We are scared of our quitting our 'miserable jobs' even when we are dying doing it. It's obvious op is Not happy doing that job anymore 'n we still advising him to continue....... Why? Y' all wants to shorten his life span? What he needs is support to quit cuz he's already made up his mind. I'm with u op. The job is not attached to ur destiny. U r not happy, u r not a tree, biko move. Afterall u left one bank for this. Just fall baq to something bfr u get another job cuz d only regret u myt v is not doing smtin while u r waiting. It will bore u out .
Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by goshen26: 7:30am On Jan 18, 2016
angryhumanbeing:
Good Day pals, please pardon all grammatical errors because I am very angry now as I write this.

I am a banker. I was working in bank X before i joined bank Y. I had wonderful experiences in bank X. I decided to join bank Y so as to have experience there too. But ever since I joined bank Y, it has been disaster working there from the very first day I entered there. The manager has been tormenting me from the very first day he sighted me. I dont know if we have struggled for a babe b4, i just dnt knw. I am a permanent staff but this man treats me like a cleaner. The time for us to be in the office is latest 7.20am but in my first week there, i came to work by 7.17am and this man was shoutn and embarrasing me outside the bank where customers queues up to withdraw from the atm. Dat was my first bitter encounter wit him. I was brought to the branch as Funds Transfer Officer but it took this manager a full month to create me as FTO. On my Third day on the job, He connived with another bad colleague and they pushed me to the atm as ATM Custodian. This I was doing with tears because this man was just making life unbearable for me by threatening me all the time. All the jobs in the branch was given to me to do except FTO jobs. He refused creatn me and even wen i was later created, he still refuse i work as FTO. Theres sometn called cashdrop box, and its meant for contract staff to work there but this man forced me to work there for even upto a month combined with atm custodian and other cash jobs while the other bad colleague walks around pressing fones and chattn. Later in November, the Area Manager visited and said i should be returned as FTO. Ever since then, this manager will pack other peoples job on me and be embarassing me in front of customers when I dnt finish them. Whenever I tried to complain, he will start shoutn and insultn me in front of customers. This has been happening for upto 5months now. I joined this particular bank in late August and by middle of september, 6 staff angrily left the branch because of this manager and his accomplices. By tomoro, another staff is leavn becos of constant quarell wit manager. The branch has been under wicked rule by this manager and the other bad colleague. For the past 5months I have been here, its been hell. I have reduced drastically in size. Even size 30 trousers are very loose on waist now becos of so much thinkn, insults and harrasments from this man.
I have planned to resign at the end of the month becos of the evil torture of this man and the other bad colleague. Please I need matured advices becos i am almost like a walking corpse. Each week i feel sick here. One sickness or the other.
Any day i remember i will go to dat office, my mind will be filled with sadness becos theres no single day this same man will nt harrass me.

Pls mods help me. I need advices and i have made up my mind to leavn here becos each day i see this man and the other bad man, i feel like shooting them to death becos as i speak nw, the other bad man does nothn in the branch. He only snaps pics,chat and walk around. He comes to work by 7.45am and the manager will nt say a word!

sincerely bro I see you becoming the BM of branch soon. This is a sign of greatness. Can u pray? I can offer myself to pray with u, if u want. Don't resign......I mean it, don't resign pls. Email me, let pray 2geda.

2 Likes

Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by Justopen2U: 7:31am On Jan 18, 2016
Take friendliness to him, Call him Good sweet name, Make him feel that you depend on him to succeed by going to him to seek advise and opinion ( not on real issues) just make him believed you owe him your success there. Tell him how you like him, that he should be your mentor other than treating you bad. Finally make sure you are not displaying the pride of coming from another bank as most experienced hires do. Believe me this will break him
Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by maryhaam(f): 7:31am On Jan 18, 2016
Chidizman:

First and Foremost, Its an end-time Bank Job
Secondly,
Access Bank don't take Contract staffs. That should be First bank, OP I lie? cheesy
seconded it's firstbank.
Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by EARN: 7:32am On Jan 18, 2016
You don't quit Jobs because of a Manager, You quit job because you have something more better ahead.

Endure more, sooner or later Nemesis is sure to catch up with them.

Your Victory dance may just be around the corner.

3 Likes

Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by exotiqueify(f): 7:32am On Jan 18, 2016
davide470:
With this kind of mindset, we won't get anywhere in this country!.

Also, take Robert Greene's advise only if you are in the Mafia.
May God bless u real good.... Nigerians, WE ARE OUR PROBLEM!
Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by Nobody: 7:34am On Jan 18, 2016
Confront him head and quit, so that he can't fire u. Ur work place is like ur home, without peace its like a war zone. #Sambisa
Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by Justopen2U: 7:38am On Jan 18, 2016
Gamusgamus:
My friend take the bull by the horn and quite that job , there is something he and his accomplice are doing and hiding ,
. Dont you ever quit if you do you have been defeated just find the best way to with His trust.

You advise is not worth it
Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by westlius(m): 7:42am On Jan 18, 2016
angryhumanbeing:

I am a banker. I was working in bank X before i joined bank Y. I had wonderful experiences in bank X. I decided to join bank Y so as to have
experience there too. But ever since I joined bank Y, it has been disaster working there from the very first day I entered there. The manager has been tormenting me from the very first day he sighted me. I dont know if we have struggled for a babe b4, i just dnt knw. I am a permanent staff but this man treats me like a cleaner. The time for us to be in the office is latest 7.20am but in my first week there, i came to work by 7.17am and this man was shoutn and embarrasing me outside the bank where customers queues up to withdraw from the atm. Dat was my first bitter encounter wit him. I was brought to the branch as Funds Transfer Officer but it took this manager a full month to create me as FTO. On my Third day on the job, He connived with another bad colleague and they pushed me to the atm as ATM Custodian. This I was doing with tears because this man was just making life unbearable for me by threatening me all the time. All the jobs in the branch was given to me to do except FTO jobs. He refused creatn me and even wen i was later created, he still refuse i work as FTO. Theres sometn called cashdrop box, and its meant for contract staff to work there but this man forced me to work there for even upto a month combined with atm custodian and other cash jobs while the other bad colleague walks around pressing fones and chattn. Later in November, the Area Manager visited and said i should be returned as FTO. Ever since then, this manager will pack other peoples job on me and be embarassing me in front of customers when I dnt finish them. Whenever I tried to complain, he will start shoutn and insultn me in front of customers. This has been happening for upto 5months now. I joined this particular bank in late August and by middle of september, 6 staff angrily left the branch because of this manager and his accomplices. By tomoro, another staff is leavn becos of constant quarell wit manager. The branch has been under wicked rule by this manager and the other bad colleague. For the past 5months I have been here, its been hell. I have reduced drastically in size. Even size 30 trousers are very loose on waist now becos of so much thinkn, insults and harrasments from this man.

My dear I may not knw u but d best solution is if u ar a christian is to raise a powerful alter/ sacrifice/offering in a believing church den call his name, if u want to sack him. Or better still transfer him u ar free to do wat u want. It works lik magic

1 Like

Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by pedrilo: 7:42am On Jan 18, 2016
derespect:
Why can't you confront him and let him know what he has been doing is not good?
Tell him dat the six staff dat left, left because of his treatments towards dem.
Tell him the implications his bad attitudes towards his subordinate staff will have on the branch.
He will not kill you joor.
u tink say na SUG politics be dis? Lol
Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by obitryce(m): 7:47am On Jan 18, 2016
Bro i feel your pain cuz i've been in your shoes before and also had tots like you but after sound advice from my mum and good friends i summoned courage and stomached a lot of shit from my boss to a point he grew tired and now we are best of friends. He even went as far as fighting for my pay to be increased when my overall boss refused to do so. The trick and lesson i learnt is to turn his insults into jokes whenever he makes them do my duty to the best of my knowledge and leave the rest for GOD.It is well with u and i believe u know the present situation of the labour market too.
Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by mcdonald247(m): 7:48am On Jan 18, 2016
Brother, your issue is preparing you For A better Position tomorrow,pray that jona that enter youur ship should die in jesus name amen
Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by ghost08(m): 7:52am On Jan 18, 2016
diva90:
Isn't there anybody above the manager that you can report to? Or is there a way that you can file a complain to HR? Maybe they might be able to move you to another branch. I can only imagine what you are going through, there's no greater torture than coming to work everyday with no atom of peace of mind. It's evidently not a healthy environment for you to be in

Well said. I was once a victim
Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by Nobody: 7:52am On Jan 18, 2016
angryhumanbeing:

Don't resign! Not because of the scarcity of good jobs, but because most wicked bosses project their employee's potentials and feel threatened themselves, so the next to best they can now do is frustrate and harass you into resigning. See the glory ahead and endure the cross! It happens almost in all workplaces.

Your story is a carbon-copy of mine. Even the supposed Christians in work place now compromise and bear false witness like my boss just because they were promised a job or looking for 'favour.'

OP, there is something about you that is bigger that what that situation entails. If everything moves you, then you can't move anything.

As a Christian, I'd leave you with this scripture...one of the best.
If you fail in the days of adversity, it is because your strength is small - KJV

4 Likes

Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by Honestly1: 7:54am On Jan 18, 2016
You coward! How dare you allow an unbeliever to threaten you.. .. I believe you are an unbeliever yourself.... Cos if not, a one night prayer is enough to remove him from that office for life. Take spiritual charge and Raise up to him physically that he should leave you alone and let you do your job in Peace or else!.. .. But before you do that, you must have taken charge spiritually. Don't leave ur job o.
Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by butanep(m): 7:55am On Jan 18, 2016
dammytosh:

Check ur comprehension skills bro.

Wat i simply meant is that he can't quit just because somebody is frustrating him on the job.

If he starts a business and frustration sets in, he should quit too ?

Your explanation is different from what you have here. It doesn't correlate.

You need check your correlation skills. People like you are always afraid to take risk hence remain as slave to others.
Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by AmyBelg(f): 7:55am On Jan 18, 2016
In Nigerian don't you have a pen recorder or a pen camera recorder ? Record his ass like 5 times or more and use it as evidence on him and if it's a pen camera you can video the other idiot and you report them both and ask for a transfer.

Do not resign.
angryhumanbeing:

1 Like

Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by Nobody: 7:58am On Jan 18, 2016
My dear friend, the type of your case is everywhere, but let me ask you, have you reported this case to your HR ? 2ndly you need to pray, mention all the bad guys name in your prayers, let the fire and power of God Almighty fight your battle for you, my dear friend as i speak to you, you need to wake up in the middle of the night and pray, fire words of prayers and mention their names in your prayer. You need not to resign your appointment. okay

1 Like

Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by stainlex(m): 8:02am On Jan 18, 2016
I'd suggest you look into the employment/labour laws of the country, as well as the reporting measures of your company handbook, gather evidence (video recordings and internal memos and all), don't stop reporting him, and when the HO still fail to do anything, sue the fūcking bastarrd's ass and resign.

Or

Set the fūcking bastard up. Instead of worrying about him, use the time to plot some sweet pro revenge on his sorry asss. Get him fired or something like that.

Either way, don't resign without frustrating the bastarrd. If you do, you lose!
Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by MaxyBrown(m): 8:11am On Jan 18, 2016
Get the HCMD involved (by that you know some of us know where you are coming from). Write letter like one of those that have left would have done and see how things turn out from there. You are educated first to be able to defend yourself and not be treated like a nonentity. Every other thing is secondary.

1 Like

Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by Abbey2sam(m): 8:16am On Jan 18, 2016
Emmaesty:
I smell access bank
the same bank came to my mind
Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by dammytosh: 8:22am On Jan 18, 2016
butanep:

Your explanation is different from what you have here. It doesn't correlate.

You need check your correlation skills. People like you are always afraid to take risk hence remain as slave to others.

It still point to u lacking understanding.

The Op will resign and go into business like u advised.

I hope that settles it.

Your last conclusion though, but no need talking about it. grin grin
Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by Nobody: 8:24am On Jan 18, 2016
I really feel your pains.What you experience is common in banks especially when the boss hates you for no reason.My advice is for you to get another job or find a good business that will sustain you before you quit.

If you quit now without an alternative source of income,you'll regret your decision and life aferwards will be so unbearable for you.What makes you a man is when you know the right time to take any action or decision that'll better your life.

Taking decision based on emotion Isn't the best for now and been depressed at your place of work Is also bad for your health,therefore,your decision should be based on how you would cope with life without an income.

To me,your boss remains insignificant if you decide to ignore him because he must surely get tired one day.Leaving your job because of that fool makes you a man that lacks the spirit of perseverance.Just think twice.
Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by sam4(m): 8:24am On Jan 18, 2016
angryhumanbeing:

i will recommend 3day's fasting n prayers. Ask me for d prayer point

1 Like

Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by sorepco(m): 8:34am On Jan 18, 2016
Why should resign? That is exactly what he wants....and maybe he sees you as a threat to his own position. I will say you write an anonymous letter to zonal office directorate. If you are not satisfied with their intervention you send another letter to head office. Make sure you write in details the goings on in that branch.
Come to think of it sef....maybe you are one proud geezer eho thinks he is superior to others....look urself well opp.
Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by seaga: 8:35am On Jan 18, 2016
Nienie:
it won't pass Access bank or Diamond bank..the best thing to do I think is ignore him..you'll only be letting him win if you resign..follow him with patience..report to the higher authorities,if you think that'll bring more troubles to you..then don't.
someday some other person will do that but just endure.
it could be a test.
Imagine if you resign today and he gets kicked out tomorrow.
sorry sha.

So Access is that bad, because most guess has been access, but good advice by the way
Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by Dammiesugar(f): 8:39am On Jan 18, 2016
I smell Access Bank too, a friend resigned from there recently due to a bad boss anyway all these aren't new my dear. I am in a similar situation, it's just that my own is a one man's business and this Guy harasses me like shit but am hoping to resign soon because I can't deal with a boss that gives me high blood pressure.

1 Like

Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by Seun360(m): 8:43am On Jan 18, 2016
maryhaam:
seconded it's firstbank.
I applied for that job but FBN didn't get back to me. The OP is just been lazy, what's wrong in being an ATM custodian? Come Wema Bank and do marketing na there u go know how far.
Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by Nobody: 8:43am On Jan 18, 2016
angryhumanbeing:

Oga, save money o and start business. Some of these managers just hate staff for nothing. In my last place of work, my boss once voiced out during one of his hateful outbursts that, " Do i want to collect his position " ?

Sometimes, it's jealousy, incompetence, wickedness etc. I saved up money and peft, after suffering under 2 bad managers for over 4 years.

Have a target business and capital. Dont just leave like that.
Re: Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! by seaga: 8:44am On Jan 18, 2016
Dammiesugar:
I smell Access Bank too, a friend resigned from there recently due to a bad boss anyway all these aren't new my dear. I am in a similar situation, it's just that my own is a one man's business and this Guy harasses me like shit but am hoping to resign soon because I can't deal with a boss that gives me high blood pressure.

Harassment? That I really don't like, but is it...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

20 Signs You’re A Creative Person. / One Legged Man Washing A Car While Balancing On A Stick (Photo) / Meet The Young Nigerian Female Engineer Who Works As An Aircraft Mechanic. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.