Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,253 members, 7,829,492 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

The Shortsightedness Of The Yorubas. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Shortsightedness Of The Yorubas. (2721 Views)

On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? / Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala / This Joke Tells The Exact Positions Of The Yorubas And Ibos Towards One Nijeriya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Shortsightedness Of The Yorubas. by obibc(m): 8:44pm On Jan 10, 2016
The same ****-land you're abusing contributes about 70% of your GDP.........Na waooooo
princdebola201:

Lamentation of a pained flat head from erosion land of Biafracheesygrin

No vex take handkerchiefgrintonguetonguetongue
Re: The Shortsightedness Of The Yorubas. by TimeManager(m): 8:47pm On Jan 10, 2016
@modath, i think you being philosophical about the whole "crazies" of a thing. You signed up for this in the first place. In here is a mixed class, remember. You have an open-ended choice.
Besides, @mayoroflagos just spilled it up which you never disregard... Wondering how better you could play 'jo'. lol!...You remember 'the events thing'... Looking like a million dollars with a game on could rake it in a little. Just tryna rub in it, much respect whatever you say, though.
The truth has spoken!
Re: The Shortsightedness Of The Yorubas. by MayorofLagos(m): 9:14pm On Jan 10, 2016
TimeManager:
@modath, i think you being philosophical about the whole "crazies" of a thing. You signed up for this in the first place. In here is a mixed class, remember. You have an open-ended choice.
Besides, @mayoroflagos just spilled it up which you never disregard... Wondering how better you could play 'jo'. lol!...You remember 'the events thing'... Looking like a million dollars with a game on could rake it in a little. Just tryna rub in it, much respect whatever you say, though.
The truth has spoken!

Lmao, yes indeed! The scents of a woman!

2 Likes

Re: The Shortsightedness Of The Yorubas. by princdebola201(m): 9:23pm On Jan 10, 2016
obibc:
The same ****-land you're abusing contributes about 70% of your GDP.........Na waooooo

Another Aba made statistics

4 Likes

Re: The Shortsightedness Of The Yorubas. by MayorofLagos(m): 9:23pm On Jan 10, 2016
modath:

Na me look for trouble, he opened a thread about looking for suicide mode & i joined in the joke not knowing na real sanle.... angry

Don't think IT knows Mo isn't male , the moniker doesn't give much away ,also taking permanent residence in this misogynistic terrain makes them think all is fair in craze & war..... cheesy grin

90% of the crazies that get all up in my mentions actually add bros, I'm like what gives off that impression , i refuse to add back (f) , don't want to be "friends" with these lil kids that play with the PM buttons. cheesy

A real hunter does not need your pink gender flag to react to the sting of your venom...he delights in the pain of your bite! He bounces back for more bites and to be injected with more venom!

Men are lunatics!!! kiss kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Shortsightedness Of The Yorubas. by TimeManager(m): 9:24pm On Jan 10, 2016
@MayorofLagos, You have just been declared WANTED... How have you been sniffing?
The truth has spoken!
Re: The Shortsightedness Of The Yorubas. by mazeltov(m): 9:44pm On Jan 10, 2016
Karanka:
Op,in as much as you used some very harsh words up there to describe Yorubas,most of what you said are simply the plain truth that any objective person can attest to.
The Igbos survived the after-war 20 pounds policy that affected almost 90% of them,is it now a demolition that didn't affect up to 30% of the whole Igbos in Nigeria that they can't survive?
You see,things have a way of coming back to haunt people. Who would have thought that Igbos would be one of the major players in the Economic sector of Lagos ( southwest) after Awolowo ( a southwesterner) chaired the 20 pounds policy? That's life.
These things are recorded.
There's always an option,and there's always Karma.
some of them are even calling me igbo, lolzzz. I was born and raised up in Ogbomosho. In fact I stay around ''Isale General'' very close to Teaching hospital although I am with my paddy now in Under-G.
I am a bonafide yoruba boy by birth and origin!! I use to laugh when I see all these kiddo and half caste claiming yoruba origin on nairaland. Well I have spoken
Re: The Shortsightedness Of The Yorubas. by SUBWAY101(m): 9:48pm On Jan 10, 2016
YoruBanger:
@mazeltov: Yinmu. You people are perpetual wailers. Even if dem give una till eternity to evacuate sef Una go still find something to complain about and still scream victimization.

When T.A Orji relocated some traders from Umuahia due to his desire to beautify the state capital during his tenure, some of them still complained. Obiano was attacked by many of them for enforcing a ban on street trading. Una must sha complain about something. I for one have stopped taking you all seriously.

https://www.nairaland.com/1511842/abia-state-reactions-trail-markets

Excerpts:

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/traders-ground-onitsha-in-protest-over-relocation-threat/

Y'all should relocate to the SE if you're so pained. Kapish!

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: The Shortsightedness Of The Yorubas. by kayfra: 9:56pm On Jan 10, 2016
obibc:

Lmao. Biafra as in the 5 muddy enclaves? grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: The Shortsightedness Of The Yorubas. by arresa: 9:59pm On Jan 10, 2016
Why are you crying and making noise over Yoruba people because they demolished your dirty ramshackle kiosks?

Btw, I thought Lagos is no man's land? Now you know Lagos is somebody's land and that somebody won't hesitate to show you the real owner of the land like they just did.

You people are hard learners, but they won't stop teaching you..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Shortsightedness Of The Yorubas. by MayorofLagos(m): 9:59pm On Jan 10, 2016
TimeManager:
@MayorofLagos, You have just been declared WANTED... How have you been sniffing?
The truth has spoken!

Wanted ke...?
I need to sniff and locate these damn billions Dasuki got stashed away somewhere. Lol. grin
Re: The Shortsightedness Of The Yorubas. by perculiarperson: 10:17pm On Jan 10, 2016
vault:
source of importation drives Lagos economy not your cheap little business......

whether you stay or go back to ur confused land..... Lagos would remain the same "centre of excellence"

I beg to differ on your view point. Importation is mostly done by igbos through the ports in Lagos, trading is mostly done by igbos through Lagos markets to other parts of the country, West Africa & Africa as a whole...

The economic relevance of Lagos would be drastically reduced if the igbos were to be asked to live town and this is because they are sole importers, traders of many of our staple items and wares which are distributed from Lagos.

Why are the Head offices of major banks in Lagos? It's simply because of the business life here. Today banks are focused on retail banking and the bank's that will thrive in this segment are the ones who are able to capture a sizeable chunk of the traders' market of which igbos make up 70-80%.

I am not an igbo person but I think it is good to give credit where due.

Bear in mind that if the sea ports in the East and South south are developed it would indicate less commercial activities in Lagos as other ports would take sizeable chunk of the ports business. I am sure you clearly know that most of our imports are not transacted by Lagosians...

Let's learn to appreciate and value each other's strengths in order to chart a brighter course for our great nation.

Stay blessed. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: The Shortsightedness Of The Yorubas. by jollymizzle(m): 10:54pm On Jan 10, 2016
mazeltov:
some of them are even calling me igbo, lolzzz. I was born and raised up in Ogbomosho. In fact I stay around ''Isale General'' very close to Teaching hospital although I am with my paddy now in Under-G.
I am a bonafide yoruba boy by birth and origin!! I use to laugh when I see all these kiddo and half caste claiming yoruba origin on nairaland. Well I have spoken
I know all those places you mentioned having spent about seven years there schooling but I find it hard to believe you are yoruba cos the way u were referring to the tribe in the 3rd person so to speak. But back to the issue I as a yoruba man sympathize with those who have lost a lot actually, but when you say "shortsightedness" I think you are looking at it from your own perspective as to what favors you and your tribesmen. What you term shortsightedness might actually be about securing our own future and I mean we the yoruba pple. But still the loss of livelihood is not what I wish you or your pple

2 Likes

Re: The Shortsightedness Of The Yorubas. by arresa: 11:15pm On Jan 10, 2016
perculiarperson:

I beg to differ on your view point. Importation is mostly done by igbos through the ports in Lagos, trading is mostly done by igbos through Lagos markets to other parts of the country, West Africa & Africa as a whole...

The economic relevance of Lagos would be drastically reduced if the igbos were to be asked to live town and this is because they are sole importers, traders of many of our staple items and wares which are distributed from Lagos.

Why are the Head offices of major banks in Lagos? It's simply because of the business life here. Today banks are focused on retail banking and the bank's that will thrive in this segment are the ones who are able to capture a sizeable chunk of the traders' market of which igbos make up 70-80%.

Bear in mind that if the sea ports in the East and South south are developed it would indicate less commercial activities in Lagos as other ports would take sizeable chunk of the ports business. I am sure you clearly know that most of our imports are not transacted by Lagosians...

Let's learn to appreciate and value each other's strengths in order to chart a brighter course for our great nation.

Stay blessed. Cheers.

Economic relevance comes from Taxes/IGR and ability of the populace to contribute via taxes so exactly how many of the millions of unskilled and informal ibo workers/hawkers and even shop owners pay taxes?

Do you have a verifiable and credible official data to even prove their economic relevance par economic contribution via taxes? Of course you don't have anything to base your chest beating on and please don't tell me you are not ibo because you are..

lol @ 70-80 % traders in Lagos are ibo... Delusions and lies got to be part of you people's DNA structure..

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Shortsightedness Of The Yorubas. by YoruBanger: 12:08am On Jan 11, 2016
perculiarperson:

Stay blessed. Cheers.

You people and your delusion of grandeur. You can tell an Igbo person by their "I am not an igbo person" preamble. Why must you people always wanna feel important? If you're so important you won't have to remind everyone every frigging minute. Why don't you all just live up to your threat that Lagos needs you more than the other way round, instead of always whining and making useless noises? ? Gosh! That's how you all said Nairaland would be on the losing side and decline if you all leave, well... una wey run comot na the same una don return to the same Nairaland under different monikers. Lagos will thrive with or without Igbo traders, and you can take that to the bank. Upon all your noises SE is still a shitty a$$ mess of a place where y'all refuse to return to, yet you all brag about your imaginery importance. Like WTF? ?

2 Likes

Re: The Shortsightedness Of The Yorubas. by YoruBanger: 12:17am On Jan 11, 2016
arresa:

Economic relevance comes from Taxes/IGR and ability of the populace to contribute via taxes so exactly how many of the millions of unskilled and informal ibo workers/hawkers and even shop owners pay taxes?

Do you have a verifiable and credible official data to even prove their economic relevance pay economic contribution via taxes? Of course you don't have anything to base your chest beating on and please don't tell me you are not ibo because you are..

lol @ 70-80 % traders in Lagos are ibo... Delusions and lies got to be part of you people's DNA structure..

If ibo traders are so important, Onitsha and Aba would be earning their respective states more GRA than Lagos and their GDP would be off the chain. Common Ebonyi state (a state without markets like Onitsha and Aba) IGR was higher than Anambra that touts itself as having the largest market in Africa. Only Imo is in the top 10 high-ranking SE state on the GDP list. Ogun and Oyo are on the list alongside Lagos, yet you don't hear them make so much noise. Abeg wetin them contribute to Kano IGR? ? They just love feeling important with themselves. hiss.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chief Of Army Staff Buratai Involved In $2.1billion Arms Deal / Hypocrisy Of APC Supporters...lynch Saraki But Spare Buhari On Mercedes Benz / Gov. El-rufai, Opponent Of Subsidy Removal In 2012, Reacts To Petrol Price Hike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.