Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,713 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! (75889 Views)

After Reading This You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water Again / Baby Born In Makurdi With Rare Condition, Parents Want To Throw It Away (Graphic / You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jan 10, 2016
Freegift75:

www.howafrica.com/you-will-never-throw-away-rice-water-after-reading-these-8-miracle-benefits/?utm_source=&utmmedium=facebook

You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading These 8 Miracle Benefits

 JANUARY 10, 2016  0
Household products often possess some unbelievable
health benefits. Rice water, for example, is one of nature’s beauty secrets. We usually throw away the water after the rice is done, but what we should really do is keep it and use it for our skin.

It is rich in vitamins and minerals which are great for the skin and hair. Read this article to learn how to prepare the rice water and see some of its beauty benefits.

1. Rice water preparation: Boil some organic rice in water and pour the excess water in a glass jar once done. Cover it and put it in the fridge to cool it down. When cold, you can use the rice water on your hair and skin.

2. Rice water improves the quality of hair: Shampoo your hair usually, then rub some rice water on your hair. Leave it to work for a couple of minutes then wash it away. This way, your hair will be smoother and shinier thanks to the proteins that will fill the cracks.

3. Rice water improves the skin: Wash your face clean with lukewarm water. Take a cotton pad and dip it in some rice water, then apply it all over your face. This will tighten your pores and bring a glow to your face.
Rice water acts as a lotion and has UV-absorbing properties. Our skin tends to form a layer of copper on it, but rice water binds this formation and prevents hyper-pigmentation and age spots.

4. Treats skin irritation and inflammation: Prepare some rice water and take a bath in it for at least 15 minutes every day. This remedy will cure rashes and prevent inflammation on the skin.

5. An excellent acne healer: Soak a cotton pad in rice water and apply it on the affected area. This will treat the acne and reduce the inflammation.

6. Treats eczema: Apply some rice water on the area
affected by eczema. Repeat the treatment until you see the results. Rice water’s starch contents are highly
effective against eczema.

7. Cures diarrhea: Pour some rice water in a glass and add a pinch of salt. Drink this solution to cure diarrhea quickly and easily.

8. Starching of white clothes: Soak your white clothes in some diluted rice water. Leave them for a couple of minutes then wash them usually.

As you can see, rice water has amazing health benefits. It is rich in 8 essential amino acids that can help muscles regenerate and the carbohydrates content will give you a boost in energy. When you cook rice the next time, you will think twice before throwing the rice water away.
Snake oilundecided
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 10, 2016
coolzeal:
This is unbelievable.. Cool stuff.

Lies!

1 Like

Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by Davidovinci(m): 5:14pm On Jan 10, 2016
How 'bout beans water? angry

2 Likes

Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by pussygotlips: 5:14pm On Jan 10, 2016
Pidggin:
Some Nigerians will now start selling bottled Rice water

at least its better than stealing

1 Like

Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by talktonase(m): 5:15pm On Jan 10, 2016
Pidggin:
true tlk loooool

1 Like

Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by viktor01(m): 5:15pm On Jan 10, 2016
Doesn't it serve same purpose when injested, why store the water when you still have a reasonable percentage of it in the rice?
Doesn't make sense to me.

3 Likes

Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by Naommydammy(f): 5:16pm On Jan 10, 2016
Has it been proven?

1 Like

Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by gog4life(m): 5:17pm On Jan 10, 2016
......i can only attest to one for d management of diarrhoea (purging), chikena
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by Chrisabig(m): 5:17pm On Jan 10, 2016
never never, I say never try this at home.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by GloryGloryRufus(m): 5:19pm On Jan 10, 2016
OP, if you have been using your frigde or freezer to cool hot things down, you are wrong. Allow things to cool b4 putting them in refrigerator.
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by sundilazo(m): 5:21pm On Jan 10, 2016
so rice water has a lot of benefit?....i doubt it, i need empirical fact for me to be convince.

1 Like

Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by sapientia(m): 5:22pm On Jan 10, 2016
Must the Mods push this to FP..

Seeing its pure lies and not proven

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by cococandy(f): 5:22pm On Jan 10, 2016
Keneking:
Amazing write-up. Any scientific evidence to support postulation.
When I was smaller and had measles, I remember my grandma telling my mom to bath me in rice water instead of going to the hospital.

So I guess it's not a new thing.
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by yudee233: 5:24pm On Jan 10, 2016
This is exactly how it started bath with salt water to kill Ebola

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by Billygee2u: 5:27pm On Jan 10, 2016
Freegift75:

www.howafrica.com/you-will-never-throw-away-rice-water-after-reading-these-8-miracle-benefits/?utm_source=&utmmedium=facebook

You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading These 8 Miracle Benefits

 JANUARY 10, 2016  0
Household products often possess some unbelievable
health benefits. Rice water, for example, is one of nature’s beauty secrets. We usually throw away the water after the rice is done, but what we should really do is keep it and use it for our skin.

It is rich in vitamins and minerals which are great for the skin and hair. Read this article to learn how to prepare the rice water and see some of its beauty benefits.

1. Rice water preparation: Boil some organic rice in water and pour the excess water in a glass jar once done. Cover it and put it in the fridge to cool it down. When cold, you can use the rice water on your hair and skin.

2. Rice water improves the quality of hair: Shampoo your hair usually, then rub some rice water on your hair. Leave it to work for a couple of minutes then wash it away. This way, your hair will be smoother and shinier thanks to the proteins that will fill the cracks.

3. Rice water improves the skin: Wash your face clean with lukewarm water. Take a cotton pad and dip it in some rice water, then apply it all over your face. This will tighten your pores and bring a glow to your face.
Rice water acts as a lotion and has UV-absorbing properties. Our skin tends to form a layer of copper on it, but rice water binds this formation and prevents hyper-pigmentation and age spots.

4. Treats skin irritation and inflammation: Prepare some rice water and take a bath in it for at least 15 minutes every day. This remedy will cure rashes and prevent inflammation on the skin.

5. An excellent acne healer: Soak a cotton pad in rice water and apply it on the affected area. This will treat the acne and reduce the inflammation.

6. Treats eczema: Apply some rice water on the area
affected by eczema. Repeat the treatment until you see the results. Rice water’s starch contents are highly
effective against eczema.

7. Cures diarrhea: Pour some rice water in a glass and add a pinch of salt. Drink this solution to cure diarrhea quickly and easily.

8. Starching of white clothes: Soak your white clothes in some diluted rice water. Leave them for a couple of minutes then wash them usually.

As you can see, rice water has amazing health benefits. It is rich in 8 essential amino acids that can help muscles regenerate and the carbohydrates content will give you a boost in energy. When you cook rice the next time, you will think twice before throwing the rice water away.
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jan 10, 2016
Flashh:
Why did you post this in Politics section?
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by Cherytc: 5:32pm On Jan 10, 2016
pls is it foreing or local rice

2 Likes

Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by michaelou(m): 5:32pm On Jan 10, 2016
Mrs or miss, what's the source?
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by goneeyatch: 5:35pm On Jan 10, 2016
Freegift75:

Watchout

OMAMUZO Bottled Rice Water
49, Owenka Road Aba
Abia State
Abi na

1 Like

Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by kelvyn7: 5:36pm On Jan 10, 2016
this one go make rice cost pass as e already cost oo shocked
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by mysteriousman(m): 5:37pm On Jan 10, 2016
Local abi foreign rice
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by legundarybeans(m): 5:37pm On Jan 10, 2016
Wait, Lemme try it 1st, even tho adonbelivit l, wud come bak to give testimonies , if dhrz any.
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jan 10, 2016
hhh
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by 3rdlegxxx(m): 5:38pm On Jan 10, 2016
hmmm thinking of trying it out on my dog 1st, if it cures his skin infection or whatever that little thing that catches them, then i would try it on a human, grin preferably another humna, not me, hehehe just to be sure since it hasn't been scientifically proven and no one has really gave testimonies of it working for them... cheesy smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by jara: 5:39pm On Jan 10, 2016
The whole point about rice water is throwing the water away also remove most of the fortified vitamins added by regulation in many countries. I am not sure about Nigeria, nutritionists can help with this info.

Yes, rice is mostly starch and the arsenic in it should have been taken care of at the source.

Yet, it is the most common food around the world preventing hunger.
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by gargoyle: 5:40pm On Jan 10, 2016
Nice writeup. Although, it posits some unanswered questions.
1. What vitamins are responsible for its health benefits?
2. Have there been scientiic studies carried out to evaluate the aforementioned benefits?
3. What are its constituents antioxidants?
4. What is its recommended daily intake?
5. What are its possible deleterious effects when applied to the skin?
Thanks. We need more scientific stimulating articles like this for intellectuals to discuss and get further enriched.
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by Shininstar30(f): 5:42pm On Jan 10, 2016
Giving it a trial right away
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by DzTzl(f): 5:44pm On Jan 10, 2016
Pidggin:
Entrepreneurship ti take over!!

3 Likes

Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by patrickson12345(m): 5:45pm On Jan 10, 2016
Bath with warm water and salt... Una rembaa dat 1 abi... By d way contact me for importing and exporting rice water (Original rice water)...
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by abbey621(m): 5:50pm On Jan 10, 2016
cococandy:

When I was smaller and had measles, I remember my grandma telling my mom to bath me in rice water instead of going to the hospital.

So I guess it's not a new thing.

I'm glad your mom didn't listen otherwise your face would have been scarred beyond recognition grin grin grin
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by Olarewajub: 5:51pm On Jan 10, 2016
What about the hyperglycemic effect?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 STDs You Can Get While Wearing A Condom (Disturbing Photos) / Man Cries Out On Seeing The Truck That Supplies His Compound With Water / Wale Oke: ‘Breastfeeding Is For Babies, Not Husbands’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.