Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,045 members, 7,814,585 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! (75887 Views)

After Reading This You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water Again / Baby Born In Makurdi With Rare Condition, Parents Want To Throw It Away (Graphic / You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by abbey621(m): 5:51pm On Jan 10, 2016
Rice water kor beans water ni......Anyways I'm not surprised,it's the same people that told us bathing in salt can cure Ebola angry angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by ChiefOfStaff(m): 5:52pm On Jan 10, 2016
Freegift75:

www.howafrica.com/you-will-never-throw-away-rice-water-after-reading-these-8-miracle-benefits/?utm_source=&utmmedium=

Naxo

You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading These 8 Miracle Benefits

 JANUARY 10, 2016  0
Household products often possess some unbelievable
health benefits. Rice water, for example, is one of nature’s beauty secrets. We usually throw away the water after the rice is done, but what we should really do is keep it and use it for our skin.

It is rich in vitamins and minerals which are great for the skin and hair. Read this article to learn how to prepare the rice water and see some of its beauty benefits.

1. Rice water preparation: Boil some organic rice in water and pour the excess water in a glass jar once done. Cover it and put it in the fridge to cool it down. When cold, you can use the rice water on your hair and skin.

2. Rice water improves the quality of hair: Shampoo your hair usually, then rub some rice water on your hair. Leave it to work for a couple of minutes then wash it away. This way, your hair will be smoother and shinier thanks to the proteins that will fill the cracks.

3. Rice water improves the skin: Wash your face clean with lukewarm water. Take a cotton pad and dip it in some rice water, then apply it all over your face. This will tighten your pores and bring a glow to your face.
Rice water acts as a lotion and has UV-absorbing properties. Our skin tends to form a layer of copper on it, but rice water binds this formation and prevents hyper-pigmentation and age spots.

4. Treats skin irritation and inflammation: Prepare some rice water and take a bath in it for at least 15 minutes every day. This remedy will cure rashes and prevent inflammation on the skin.

5. An excellent acne healer: Soak a cotton pad in rice water and apply it on the affected area. This will treat the acne and reduce the inflammation.

6. Treats eczema: Apply some rice water on the area
affected by eczema. Repeat the treatment until you see the results. Rice water’s starch contents are highly
effective against eczema.

7. Cures diarrhea: Pour some rice water in a glass and add a pinch of salt. Drink this solution to cure diarrhea quickly and easily.

8. Starching of white clothes: Soak your white clothes in some diluted rice water. Leave them for a couple of minutes then wash them usually.

As you can see, rice water has amazing health benefits. It is rich in 8 essential amino acids that can help muscles regenerate and the carbohydrates content will give you a boost in energy. When you cook rice the next time, you will think twice before throwing the rice water away.
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by VivaDeAngelo(m): 5:54pm On Jan 10, 2016
Soak my whites in a rice water? Hmp! This is ridiculous,and by extrapolation every other thing the Op said is ridiculous.

1 Like

Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by merits(m): 5:57pm On Jan 10, 2016
no b only rice water,what about yam water?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jan 10, 2016
Abeg that thing no dey work!

1 Like

Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by GreatManBee: 6:02pm On Jan 10, 2016
Freegift75:

www.howafrica.com/you-will-never-throw-away-rice-water-after-reading-these-8-miracle-benefits/?utm_source=&utmmedium=facebook

 JANUARY 10, 2016  0
health benefits. Rice water, for example, is one of nature’s beauty secrets. We usually throw away the water after the rice is done, but what we should really do is keep it and use it for our skin.

It is rich in vitamins and minerals which are great for the skin and hair. Read this article to learn how to prepare the rice water and see some of its beauty benefits.

1. Rice water preparation: Boil some organic rice in water and pour the excess water in a glass jar once done. Cover it and put it in the fridge to cool it down. When cold, you can use the rice water on your hair and skin.

2. Rice water improves the quality of hair: Shampoo your hair usually, then rub some rice water on your hair. Leave it to work for a couple of minutes then wash it away. This way, your hair will be smoother and shinier thanks to the proteins that will fill the cracks.

3. Rice water improves the skin: Wash your face clean with lukewarm water. Take a cotton pad and dip it in some rice water, then apply it all over your face. This will tighten your pores and bring a glow to your face.
Rice water acts as a lotion and has UV-absorbing properties. Our skin tends to form a layer of copper on it, but rice water binds this formation and prevents hyper-pigmentation and age spots.

4. Treats skin irritation and inflammation: Prepare some rice water and take a bath in it for at least 15 minutes every day. This remedy will cure rashes and prevent inflammation on the skin.

5. An excellent acne healer: Soak a cotton pad in rice water and apply it on the affected area. This will treat the acne and reduce the inflammation.

affected by eczema. Repeat the treatment until you see the results. Rice water’s starch contents are highly

7. Cures diarrhea: Pour some rice water in a glass and add a pinch of salt. Drink this solution to cure diarrhea quickly and easily.

8. Starching of white clothes: Soak your white clothes in some diluted rice water. Leave them for a couple of minutes then wash them usually.

As you can see, rice water has amazing health benefits. It is rich in 8 essential amino acids that can help muscles regenerate and the carbohydrates content will give you a boost in energy. When you cook rice the next time, you will think twice before throwing the rice water away.
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by blessedfavoured: 6:03pm On Jan 10, 2016
Na rat go chop your hair and face last last. Rice water ko.
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by Pascalberry(m): 6:09pm On Jan 10, 2016
Give us pics to show evidence on wah dey hell u'r saying.
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by AdeniyiA(m): 6:10pm On Jan 10, 2016
end time discoveries everywhere, may be the local rice water is good, but not the chemically preserved ones you see everywhere ...
Later they will tell us to drink bath water... undecided
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by busybeei5(f): 6:11pm On Jan 10, 2016
Babprosper20:
I will still pour it away!
FTC!!!!! IT KINDA BEEN A WHILE.
me too cheesy grin undecided
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by Dreyl(m): 6:33pm On Jan 10, 2016
Lmao cheesy grin
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by Chrisx1x(m): 6:38pm On Jan 10, 2016
Pidggin:
Some Nigerians will now start selling bottled Rice water
u clever o.some nigerians=ibos
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by lordkit3(m): 6:44pm On Jan 10, 2016
Ok
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by cococandy(f): 6:47pm On Jan 10, 2016
abbey621:

I'm glad your mom didn't listen otherwise your face would have been scarred beyond recognition grin grin grin
I don't think so.
It must have worked for some people then.
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by icanadex: 6:51pm On Jan 10, 2016
grin wetin I no go hear
before salt and water good for Ebola
now na rice water
God is good
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jan 10, 2016
I have been using it and it works..

1 Like

Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by shreck(m): 7:02pm On Jan 10, 2016
Freegift75:

www.howafrica.com/you-will-never-throw-away-rice-water-after-reading-these-8-miracle-benefits/?utm_source=&utmmedium=facebook

 JANUARY 10, 2016  0

Please no disrespect to op, but there is a lot that has to be cleared here.
I don't advise any of you folks to try this rice or bran water thing.
what we Nigerians buy of the stores/market is bleached rice not organic.
Talc yes talc as in the type used to make powder is used to make the rice look white, that's the reason for so much residue after pre-washing.
Except of course you are using ofada rice or buying bhati rice from the supermarket
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by OBD1(m): 7:04pm On Jan 10, 2016
Op u mean local rice or the foreign rice? I do know that our loaclly processed rice can be very starchy.
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by Mabelenena(f): 7:21pm On Jan 10, 2016
[color=#006600][/color] [b][/b]K. but wait o na which kind rice? local rice or foreign rice ?
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by Shokoloko(f): 7:34pm On Jan 10, 2016
I heard about this from chinese friends. According to them they wash their hair with rice water to prevent breakage and graying. Ive started using it but have to be patient to see the result. But not the polished rice we have here in nigeria. Ofada or Abakiliki rice might be a better alternative
And they said to leave overnight before using to wash hair

1 Like

Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by Freegift75: 7:40pm On Jan 10, 2016
Shokoloko:
I heard about this from chinese friends. According to them they wash their hair with rice water to prevent breakage and graying. Ive started using it but have to be patient to see the result. But not the polished rice we have here in nigeria. Ofada or Abakiliki rice might be a better alternative

Confirm------------ clap for yourself
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jan 10, 2016
OP but you for talk coconut rice water too na.

I am definitely older than superstitions. This write-up dnt move me a bit and therefore I am not baffled. I need proofs to satisfy my tummy that this crap works for the skin. Na my main concern be dah one. End of story!
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by zicoflex(m): 7:46pm On Jan 10, 2016
i need a scientific proof plz
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jan 10, 2016
. rice alone contribute about 40% fat in our system not to talk of the starchy water these researchers are postulating. very soon they will say drinking the blood from animal is useful to the body
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by Stanbeto: 7:56pm On Jan 10, 2016
This is gud, i only knw about one
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by Udofire(m): 8:12pm On Jan 10, 2016
maiahsaiah:
Abeg that thing no dey work!
have you tried it already ni?
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by Olasco93: 8:19pm On Jan 10, 2016
Kai! My Landlady just send Sikira make she go pour her half basin of rice water for gutter 1hour ago. Anybody get Remote control there, make i Rewind Sikira...
@OP, What type of rice, is it the Local or Foreign Rice?
Because i hear say China Rice starch na inferior starch compare to our home made Rice, mostly Abakiliki own wey be 100% Origi. Na true?
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by Udofire(m): 8:19pm On Jan 10, 2016
Udofire:

Shokoloko:
Udofire:

Me i like your bravery sha...i dey on top fence here dey wait your result...
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by guysis(m): 8:22pm On Jan 10, 2016
GSteve001:
informative....all this health benefit stuffs self. apply tomatoe, apply cucumber, rice water and all the things you see online. by the time you are done, you'll resemble a confirm masquerade. please can we drink chilled rice water too?...for refreshment
lol
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by ogahomale: 8:24pm On Jan 10, 2016
Pidggin:

1 Like

Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by bid4rich(m): 8:35pm On Jan 10, 2016
Pidggin:

And if you buy am, e mean say na mama-put you dey always eat. It means you no fit fry water be that o
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by brytee: 8:41pm On Jan 10, 2016
If this topic was about rice water replenishing sperm....omo e for make sense.....having been said am throwing it away.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 STDs You Can Get While Wearing A Condom (Disturbing Photos) / Man Cries Out On Seeing The Truck That Supplies His Compound With Water / Wale Oke: ‘Breastfeeding Is For Babies, Not Husbands’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.