Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! (75892 Views)

After Reading This You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water Again / Baby Born In Makurdi With Rare Condition, Parents Want To Throw It Away (Graphic / You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 10, 2016
aint nobody got time for that .. undecided
I will still pour it out .....

Need seriously evidence to back this claim .. So y are they not selling it in bottle undecided shioor
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by teebee22(f): 8:47pm On Jan 10, 2016
hmmmm. interesting
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by franconian: 8:52pm On Jan 10, 2016
Psalm18:

None. Pure pseudo science.
We have heard stories like this before. It will disappear soon when it proves disappointing.
Rice water does not do any of those things

Scientifically
Rice water is rich in excess starch.
How does starch then translate into treating ailments from dandruff to acne. Beats the imagination. undecided

Nor mind them, this was how they made innocent people to bathe with salt water the other time.

They just wake up and cook up articles without a single experiment or reference.
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by ladenz(m): 8:57pm On Jan 10, 2016
Last to comment. Thanks
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by cardoctor(m): 9:15pm On Jan 10, 2016
Come carry my own.
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by simdam500(m): 9:18pm On Jan 10, 2016
no harm in trying
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by Bsc(m): 9:52pm On Jan 10, 2016
Bros if u need rice water wey go full gp tank for free..come to my house every 2months.. Rice water! U no even tell us weda na local or foreign.
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by fridayj(m): 9:55pm On Jan 10, 2016
guys are sure of dis.. i sence abola salt...jus joking cheesy.
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by sdkbola: 9:59pm On Jan 10, 2016
pls back it up with good references
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by Kennyfancy(m): 10:04pm On Jan 10, 2016
K[color=#990000][/color]
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by Touchforfree(m): 10:11pm On Jan 10, 2016
OP, how about we Nairalanders that always cook concuction ?. We add all d ingredients to the rice (I.e top & bottom joined together).

The rice water doesn't need salt sha ?.
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by Mike008(m): 10:25pm On Jan 10, 2016
Waiting for what beans water and yam water would do.

1 Like

Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by fem311(m): 10:28pm On Jan 10, 2016
Great to read more about what rice water could do to enhance hair growth. Have you ever tried it?
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by Lolaabokoku(f): 10:29pm On Jan 10, 2016
Freegift75:

www.howafrica.com/you-will-never-throw-away-rice-water-after-reading-these-8-miracle-benefits/?utm_source=&utmmedium=facebook

You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading These 8 Miracle Benefits

 JANUARY 10, 2016  0
Household products often possess some unbelievable
health benefits. Rice water, for example, is one of nature’s beauty secrets. We usually throw away the water after the rice is done, but what we should really do is keep it and use it for our skin.

It is rich in vitamins and minerals which are great for the skin and hair. Read this article to learn how to prepare the rice water and see some of its beauty benefits.

1. Rice water preparation: Boil some organic rice in water and pour the excess water in a glass jar once done. Cover it and put it in the fridge to cool it down. When cold, you can use the rice water on your hair and skin.

2. Rice water improves the quality of hair: Shampoo your hair usually, then rub some rice water on your hair. Leave it to work for a couple of minutes then wash it away. This way, your hair will be smoother and shinier thanks to the proteins that will fill the cracks.

3. Rice water improves the skin: Wash your face clean with lukewarm water. Take a cotton pad and dip it in some rice water, then apply it all over your face. This will tighten your pores and bring a glow to your face.
Rice water acts as a lotion and has UV-absorbing properties. Our skin tends to form a layer of copper on it, but rice water binds this formation and prevents hyper-pigmentation and age spots.

4. Treats skin irritation and inflammation: Prepare some rice water and take a bath in it for at least 15 minutes every day. This remedy will cure rashes and prevent inflammation on the skin.

5. An excellent acne healer: Soak a cotton pad in rice water and apply it on the affected area. This will treat the acne and reduce the inflammation.

6. Treats eczema: Apply some rice water on the area
affected by eczema. Repeat the treatment until you see the results. Rice water’s starch contents are highly
effective against eczema.

7. Cures diarrhea: Pour some rice water in a glass and add a pinch of salt. Drink this solution to cure diarrhea quickly and easily.

8. Starching of white clothes: Soak your white clothes in some diluted rice water. Leave them for a couple of minutes then wash them usually.

As you can see, rice water has amazing health benefits. It is rich in 8 essential amino acids that can help muscles regenerate and the carbohydrates content will give you a boost in energy. When you cook rice the next time, you will think twice before throwing the rice water away.
Nice article!!! Kudos to op

1 Like

Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by willexyaho(m): 10:38pm On Jan 10, 2016
foreign rice or local
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by SWG1: 10:40pm On Jan 10, 2016
I think u need to specify if it's unpolished rice or the highly polished rice, we prefer to consume these days.
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by MrDoGood(m): 10:50pm On Jan 10, 2016
Love my skin like this
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by Tufan(m): 11:00pm On Jan 10, 2016
visit register and start making huge money through this link http://moneyandtask.Com/?refid=63001
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by mitnick(m): 11:36pm On Jan 10, 2016
That is how some of you used salt water to bathe during Ebola. Has anyone confirmed the authenticity of this before u all do it and later to confirm it is a joke
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by torule(m): 12:53am On Jan 11, 2016
Op, Abeg I Like All This Ya Fubus.. Abeg Make I Add My Own Jawe. Do U Know Seh, Rice Water Fit Cure HIV ?
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by 1miccza: 5:47am On Jan 11, 2016
Pidggin:
Some Nigerians will now start selling bottled Rice water

Lol properly bottled and packaged one sef
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by romanus455(m): 6:10am On Jan 11, 2016
make i try am sha.bt i no rob am for my head o
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by mromo9ja: 7:45am On Jan 11, 2016
Can OFADA rice and ABAKALIKI rice also do all this, abi na only MAMA-GOLD fit do the wonder?
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by talima(m): 8:12am On Jan 11, 2016
Good one. But this is only applied to Abakiliki specie of rice. I bet you, the bleacjed foreign rice will cause more harm to your skin.

1 Like

Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by Jenny77: 8:39am On Jan 11, 2016
I dont believe any of this. No way!
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by mariekay: 1:22pm On Jan 11, 2016
Ewooooh!rice water will soon take it style and be in vogue than rice it self......mum! Is my rice water ready?.....lol
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by rien05(f): 3:31pm On Apr 01, 2016
Wetin concern rice and protein again. Abi does rice now contain protein. I will never try this.
Rice is all starch abeg
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by itstpia8: 11:48pm On May 20, 2016
I think I've heard of it as starch.
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by itstpia8: 11:49pm On May 20, 2016
Mike008:
Waiting for what beans water and yam water would do.

yam water is a no no unless cooked.
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by Xomee(f): 11:39pm On Nov 11, 2018
True though, rice water has many benefits which most Nigerians don't know. made various research on this and stumbled upon a post
https://aceglam.com/benefits-of-rice-water/
Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by QueenD01(f): 1:02am On Nov 12, 2018
New products alert
Reusable sanitary pads
3pics/1pair for #2000
Minimum order of 6pics/2pairs for #4000

***products are imported, directly from the factory**

Reusable baby and Adult diapers also available

Call or WhatsApp 08129402080 to place order

Re: You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! by QueenD01(f): 1:04am On Nov 12, 2018
Also available for your use

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 STDs You Can Get While Wearing A Condom (Disturbing Photos) / Man Cries Out On Seeing The Truck That Supplies His Compound With Water / Wale Oke: ‘Breastfeeding Is For Babies, Not Husbands’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.