Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,596 members, 7,955,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:08 PM

FG To Remove State Of Origin - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Remove State Of Origin (62084 Views)

Buhari's Ambassadorial Nominees And Their State Of Origin / Federal-government-to-remove-state-of-origin-vice-presiden / Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by bidemi12(m): 9:41pm On Jan 10, 2016
GodMode:

Only 2% of China population are foreigners and see how developed they are.... Don't ever mention those three countries, they were built by foreigners and maintained properly by laws that protect their interest...

Diversity is only an advantage when it is seriously monitored...

Ok. If you say so. Obviously i can't convince you otherwise even though the reality on ground proves my argument. I am a prime example. I am not Yoruba. I speak two main Nigerian languages other than my own. I earn extra income and travel extensively strictly because i speak those two languages. If i stuck to my tribe would i have the opportunities i have now? People need to open their minds to new possibilities.

1 Like

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by davidsgal(f): 9:43pm On Jan 10, 2016
Joblessness at it peak.
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by Wyttcat: 9:44pm On Jan 10, 2016
Thank God!
dayohope1:
It will NEVER happen. This was said when campaign was hot. Chaos will be everywhere and the fight will start from the senate if ever it is proposed. Only one sect will support this though they do not like the team that stated this 369 days ago.
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by Rexyl(m): 9:45pm On Jan 10, 2016
We will initiate policies to ensure that Nigerians are free to live and work in any part of the country by removing state of origin, tribe, ethnic and religious affiliations and replace those with state of residence.
#VoteChange #ChangeIsHere

Prof. Yemi Osinbade

Good move if no tribe or people could behave like bastards against, and the usual religious aggression and intolerance that have become part of some states of the north could be dumbed and buried for life.

God bless and long live Nigeria.
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by Wyttcat: 9:48pm On Jan 10, 2016
Hmm ok!
GodMode:

Kwara is still 90% yoruba... But northerners have used the "north-central tag" to claim political appointments when in reality Kwara is a SW state not "north central" as we are made to believe.
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by GodMode: 9:50pm On Jan 10, 2016
bidemi12:

Ok. If you say so. Obviously i can't convince you otherwise even though the reality on ground proves my argument. I am a prime example. I am not Yoruba. I speak two main Nigerian languages other than my own. I earn extra income and travel extensively strictly because i speak those two languages. If i stuck to my tribe would i have the opportunities i have now? People need to open their minds to new possibilities.

You had the opportunity to live among people of those tribes... that's how you learnt it... You either spent time in the north or grew up in a part of lagos that had mostly Yorubas and northerners neighbors... You attended schools in SW where your friends spoke Yoruba and you were able to learn from them that's why you have preference, you're a fast learner and there are many others like you who didn't have the opportunity you had..

you probably graduated in the 90's or early 2000's...

2 Likes

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by Wyttcat: 9:55pm On Jan 10, 2016
Are we the most sophisticated in the world? Why are Greeks, Italians and general western world protect their people's interests before others?

I think it's going to take comfortable and confident youths who can't be bought over to rescue our land.

GodMode:

Its not self-hate.. They're always trying to form "sophisticated" and "liberal"..

Obj f**ked up... The only thing he did was bring GSM to Nigeria which has helped lots of businesses.. But as per infrastructures in SW he messed up.

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by bidemi12(m): 9:59pm On Jan 10, 2016
GodMode:

You had the opportunity to live among people of those tribes... that's how you learnt it... You either spent time in the north or grew up in a part of lagos that had mostly Yorubas and northerners neighbors... You attended schools in SW where your friends spoke Yoruba and you were able to learn from them that's why you have preference, you're a fast learner and there are many others like you who didn't have the opportunity you had..

you probably graduated in the 90's or early 2000's...

You are spot-on on all accounts. You should change your moniker to sherlock. You missed out on one point though. I played soccer for a long time. Football no get state of origin. That being said, this is the reason i support the Government as regards this move. I learnt a lot from mixing with other tribes. My prejudices were washed away at an early age.
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by propet(m): 10:01pm On Jan 10, 2016
the yorubass are so tribalistic in nature...still suprise to hear it from a yoruba man..hope it wouldnt end up as falasy of the brain
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jan 10, 2016
Would be a nice development but only if religion will not cloud the northerners
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by Wyttcat: 10:04pm On Jan 10, 2016
You are right, most Yoruba lack confidence and would give their last limb pandering to their antagonists, if this isn't cowardice, what is it?

In the US you have 30 days to change your driver's license to another state so they can count you as one of the residents and make provisions for you. But SW bears the burdens of other regions without any compensation whatsoever, and now "state of residence" that will empty SE into SW overnight to stretch out our already thin budget due to influx of people whose allocations are spent alone in their states. and still come to get shares of our own, while being unappreciative, and insult us at every turn.
GodMode:

Your name is online moniker is bidemi and you're denying your heritage... This is I and Wyttcat are talking about...

Its not just the leaders.. Most Yorubas too dey fall hand. If jobs in SW were not given to non-indegenes the SW will not have an influx of other tribes.

1 Like

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by cybriz82(m): 10:09pm On Jan 10, 2016
Because d vice is a dogo...mr president is a dogoyaro...dat y der is difent.
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by GodMode: 10:12pm On Jan 10, 2016
Wyttcat:
Are we the most sophisticated in the world? Why are Greeks, Italians and general western world protect their people's interests before others?

I think it's going to take comfortable and confident youths who can't be bought over to rescue our land.

Ordinary OPC collected money and started vandalizing parts of Lagos... not just to youths, If the leaders mess things up then the youths will suffer..

Leaders like Ironsi and ojukwu (To me, they are the two igbo men that ruined the SE and SS and made Nigeria's current situation possible) is important...

Ironsi did the first coup in Nigeria and abolished regionalism because the north and SW were economically better than the SE. So after his coup he made every region contribute to the Center(federal government).. Ironsi ruled for 6 months before he was overthrown but he had already done the damage..

then

Ojukwu noticed this same thing and they were also killing christians in the north who were mostly igbos... So he motivated( he only gave out orders, he didn't really fight in the war) the igbos to fight against the north and this led to the civil in 1967 which they lost and also lost the natural resources in their region...

2 years after the civil war 1972 there was oil boom and since northerners were in power and ironsi had already made all regions contribute to the federal government, all the northern leaders had to do was assign oil blocks to each other....

if ironsi and ojukwu were patient the SS and SE would be so f**king rich by now and we wouldn't know who Otedola and indimi are...
but the SE could have fought the SS because of the oil..

3 Likes

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by GodMode: 10:13pm On Jan 10, 2016
Wyttcat:
You are right, most Yoruba lack confidence and would give their last limb pandering to their antagonists, if this isn't cowardice, what is it?

An act of surviving..

1 Like

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by superstar1(m): 10:14pm On Jan 10, 2016
State of residence ko state of residence ni.

Capital NO to state of residence.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by Wyttcat: 10:17pm On Jan 10, 2016
Ok oo!
GodMode:

An act of surviving..
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by Wyttcat: 10:57pm On Jan 10, 2016
My grandma told me, "mischievous people apply most of the bile to themselves". And war between two deaf people? grin Your guess is as good as mine.
GodMode:

Ordinary OPC collected money and started vandalizing parts of Lagos... not just to youths, If the leaders mess things up then the youths will suffer..

Leaders like Ironsi and ojukwu (To me, they are the two igbo men that ruined the SE and SS and made Nigeria's current situation possible) is important...

Ironsi did the first coup in Nigeria and abolished regionalism because the north and SW were economically better than the SE. So after his coup he made every region contribute to the Center(federal government).. Ironsi ruled for 6 months before he was overthrown but he had already done the damage..

then

Ojukwu noticed this same thing and they were also killing christians in the north who were mostly igbos... So he motivated( he only gave out orders, he didn't really fight in the war) the igbos to fight against the north and this led to the civil in 1967 which they lost and also lost the natural resources in their region...

2 years after the civil war 1972 there was oil boom and since northerners were in power and ironsi had already made all regions contribute to the federal government, all the norther leaders had to do was assign oil blocks to each other....

if ironsi and ojukwu were patient the SS and SE would be so f**king rich by now and we wouldn't know who Otedola and indimi are...
but the SE could have fought the SS because of the oil..
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by yvonne111(f): 11:04pm On Jan 10, 2016
gohome:
We will initiate policies to ensure that Nigerians are free to live and work in any part of the country by removing state of origin, tribe, ethnic and religious affiliations and replace those with state of residence.
#VoteChange #ChangeIsHere

Prof. Yemi Osinbade

Is this not change ladies and gentlemen?
Confab report working I think

mynd44
Lalasticlala
especially university of Ilorin.......treating non indigenes like shit from 1900bc.........mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by yorubasmustprosper(f): 11:10pm On Jan 10, 2016
marked10:
Rubbish. Don't get me wrong though but all i mean is that it will never stop anything

Once you mention your name ni, you don become omo ibo, or omo yoruba or, malam

so make them forget matter for matias and dirty for lawma

this country cannot unite in anyway no matter how you try. question is, why not allow people that wants to be independent go?

are we still animals? Guess that what human beings are anyway

Trust Igbos, once this is on course, Igbos shall adopt naming their children Yoruba and Hausa name.

Imagine and Igbo person with such name and with Igbo brain.
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by Roadmike(m): 11:52pm On Jan 10, 2016
Mr Vice President, this require a serious thinking through. While i considerate it as a commendable decision.

Good luck
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by Jaytee67(m): 11:58pm On Jan 10, 2016
This is a laudable idea. I think we should as well encourage inter ethnic marriage to keep Nigeria one

1 Like

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by idrisalomagold(m): 12:05am On Jan 11, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

It can only work in paper. The name of a person will always tell where he is from.
Thank u my brother. This does not change ones own state Origin. Anybody can reside anywhere but home is still home. If u like, put all ur investment in another mans land, when the unexpected happens, you still have to wish you had remember home. Nonetheless, When you turn back to go home when things go sour, your bloody kinsmaen will still be glad to have u back. Please people, don't mix origin with anything...
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by olas24u(f): 12:36am On Jan 11, 2016
GodMode:

You said Nigeria needs an official language and if you read and understood that comment you'll have read the part that said "It's a pity that the colonial masters formed Nigeria (African countries) the way they did, grouping major tribes(people with different identities) together."

The European countries that were multilingual have since dis-integrated and are more peaceful....

If English wasn't Nigeria's official language a South Easterner/Southerner, northerner and foreigners would have to learn how to speak Yoruba fluently before they can school or work in the SW and Yorubas too would need to learn their languages if they want to move out of SW...

The recent sacking of some Virgin Nigeria staffs defends my argument.... they were sacked because Nigerians speak English and since English is British why not just bring British staff.... they didn't sack india and others because of the language barrier...

I think many African countries especially Nigeria are being short changed in the airline industry ,what you have described above is not about language but creating jobs for the citizens of another country in our country.Its possible in Nigeria because foreigners oppress Nigerians a lot at the work place etc :imagine having and efficient Nigerian airways .
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by tollyboy5(m): 12:36am On Jan 11, 2016
We don't need that at all we just need to live in peace & stop arrogant act I love igbos than my yoruba brothers but stopping indigeneship. It can never happen
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by olas24u(f): 12:46am On Jan 11, 2016
tollyboy5:
We don't need that at all we just need to live in peace & stop arrogant act I love igbos than my brothers but stopping indigeneship. It can never happen
yoruba

Its a welcome development and you will have the right to so many things, it is integration and we can follow it up with infrastructure also,having a railway that can get to another part of the country in an hour,it is part of integration ,you can live in enugu and get to lagos with fast train in few hrs.This is how we can unite ourselves,If you allow me to marry your brother ,when you insult me ,you are indirectly grin insulting us including your family. grin
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by flyforall: 12:55am On Jan 11, 2016
It's about time

1 Like

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by shota(m): 12:59am On Jan 11, 2016
pulsa:
. May Thunder fire your yansh for calling us fools, Ogun den ma pa e lale yi fun ikon to soyi oloriburuku oshi.

Namasuobiri
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by shota(m): 1:03am On Jan 11, 2016
montezz:

I pray ur hatred for that particular tribe won't devour you someday! Oponu agba!

Berembo Oginaso ani ju isaki si piri da
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by gohome: 1:12am On Jan 11, 2016
StuntingBlack:

It works but NOT in all circumstances. An example of a nation that agrees to this is the US. But you know why, ma man? Its simple. The US is a total foreign land to almost everyone inside those four boarders.
Right from the White majority to the Black/Latino minority, THEY ARE ALL FOREIGNERS (i.e non-natives). But is that so in African and European nations? Definitely not. In that case, THERE MUST be a law that gives everyone equal rights, seeing that the composition of the nation is that of foreigners.

How would you feel been deprived of your pride as a son of a soil in a place where all in the name of nationhood politics, you have foreigners as commissioners, governors, ward members, etc., if I may ask? Its easier said than done if you arent party to such experience. In as much as I support a united Nigeria to succeed beyond limits, I doubt propositions like these have any meaningful impact other than negative consequences. Because I reside in Enugu doesnt mean I wont end up disorganizing, stealing from, and impoverishing the people of Enugu if I ever become the governor of Enugu. And just because you reside in Kano doesnt mean you are the best man to govern Kano. THERE WILL ALWAYS BE THAT ONE HAUSA/FULANI that will govern Kano as good as if not better than you will govern Kano.

We shouldnt be mistaken ma man.

No developed nation practice this archaic tribal rubbish. Most advanced nations have gone forward to completely accept people from other countries and race as theirs. If you want to ever move forward state of origin and tribal sentiment should die.
To be reminded, Europe were very tribal just like african, but from the 4th century, a new world order was created, where tribes, sometimes teaming with other tribes to form nations. The Germanic tribe in Germany had to move to the island and they formed what is known has England. The Anglo tribe had to merge with the Saxons. Eastern Europe (mostly the Balkans)were very slow and could not live as a nation because of tribalism. They have long realize this and have divided along tribal line. Serbia, Montenegro Slovenia, Croatia etc

So my brother please the time to do away with tribal sentiments is now. You will perish if you do not conform.... Be progressive to survive. The only reason you have a tribe now, is that your ancestors had to conform to form what is now known as your tribe today. If you do not think to move forward as a nation, you will be crushed, by war or otherwise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by itstpia8: 1:30am On Jan 11, 2016
anything that will swamp Yorubaland should not be encouraged o.

things are bad enough as it is, with the southwest getting the lion's share of immigration and land related problems.

If folks insist on pushing this bill, their own states o.

if someone doesn't like their state of origin, why is it my fault?

2 Likes

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by Sharmeenator(m): 1:36am On Jan 11, 2016
I don't think the idea is a good one. It sounds so good on paper but doesn't conform with reality. Nigeria as a country is very complicated with so many tribes whose vested interests surpass national interests. Two of the most prevalent attributes of any tribe is custom and tradition which are held in high esteem and can't be toyed with. This is the reason why a Yoruba man will always see himself first as a Yoruba before a Nigerian. Same applies to Hausa, Igbo, Efik etc. Judging by the level of hatred and division i have seen and experienced on this forum, cultural identity will always be a factor in our day to day activities.

It is also important to note that this policy when enacted, will favour some regions more than others. Take for example the Southwest; there are fewer Yorubas in Igboland and Hausaland than Igbos and Hasuas in the Southwest. All other tribes are in the southwest because of the more favourable economic conditions. The Yorubas would feel cheated and see it as another act of occupation if other tribes are seen taking juicy positions and treated equally by the virtue of state residency. The same way most Hausas, no matter how educated would reject the idea of an igbo man becoming a governor in the north, also a hausaman becoming a state legislator in the East is like waiting for a horse to pass through the needle's eye. This policy when passed will only succeed in causing more divisons thereby resulting in animosity between the tribes which can degenerate into full fledge tribal war in the future.

Regional government similar to that of UAE will be the best bet for this country. Let each zone with similar cultures and traditions unite and form a confederate with a central government and a more linked country for the purpose of integration and unity.

In conclusion, Nigerians must accept the fact that we are very different culturally. We should rather celebrate our diversity and unite to create a national template that can work best for the interests of all tribes.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by olas24u(f): 1:44am On Jan 11, 2016
itstpia8:
anything that will swamp Yorubaland should not be encouraged o.

things are bad enough as it is, with the southwest getting the lion's share of immigration and land related problems.

If folks insist on pushing this bill, their own states o.

if someone doesn't like their state of origin, why is it my fault?

The revenues will increase in the southwest ,don,t you think,more tax payers will be captured

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

King Salman Greeted President Buhari With Utmost Respect (Photos) / Bayo Omoboriowo Visits Aro Long Juju Tourist Site In Abia With His Team (Photos) / How Simon Ekpa Was Arrested In Finland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.