Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

FG To Remove State Of Origin - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Remove State Of Origin (61772 Views)

Buhari's Ambassadorial Nominees And Their State Of Origin / Federal-government-to-remove-state-of-origin-vice-presiden / Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by GodMode: 8:41pm On Jan 10, 2016
Wyttcat:
No one goes to the SE.

No one can talk about state of residence in the face of Daggers up north

We already know what obtains in SS.

Yoruba people will regret this!

Can one imagine America going to the meeting of the Americas and declare open border to everyone?

MAY GOD ALMIGHTY PUT THE LOVE OF YORUBALAND FIRST AND FOREMOST IN THE HEART OF YORUBA LEADERS! Can someone please say a BIG AMEN to this!

Yoruba leaders too dey fall hand... A new yoruba-centric political party must be created.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by ruffDiamond: 8:42pm On Jan 10, 2016
pixtuk:
even if it is removed it wouldn't stop any thing because most of our surnames are tribal names!

But why is there so much height difference between presido and his vice?
my brother ,it's NOT by height nor age or size but the content of your brain !it's well known gospel truth that the age of Methuselah has nothing in comparison with awesome wisdom and of young king Solomon cool
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by bidemi12(m): 8:45pm On Jan 10, 2016
olas24u:

well the integration program that i know about use to be NYSC and Nigerians are more divided than before and you can divide Nigerians in 5mins if you want to when you meet with them .How many Nigerian languages do you speak?Do you have friends from all over Nigeria.some Nigerians cannot marry other Nigerians because of cultural beliefs.We need an official language that will include the major languages spoken in Nigeria apart from English.It will be compulsory for you to speak ,read with the language of your country.The CRK and IRK divides students from secondary school.

I am married to a Yoruba woman. I speak Yoruba fluently and Hausa paseably. I am not Yoruba nor am I Hausa. I have friends all over. I don't discriminate. It all depends on the individual and his or her outlook on life. Nigeria won't move forward until we change the way we do business.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by GodMode: 8:46pm On Jan 10, 2016
olas24u:

well the integration program that i know about use to be NYSC and Nigerians are more divided than before and you can divide Nigerians in 5mins if you want to when you meet with them .How many Nigerian languages do you speak?Do you have friends from all over Nigeria.some Nigerians cannot marry other Nigerians because of cultural beliefs.We need an official language that will include the major languages spoken in Nigeria apart from English.It will be compulsory for you to speak ,read with the language of your country.The CRK and IRK divides students from secondary school.

Read this wise comment:

ToyinDipo:
This is fundamentally wrong. If you want to kick against tribalism (if at all it's possible), you start from the basis. I'm not necessarily being tribal, but I'm a Yoruba first, before I'm a Nigerian. That's fact, and no one can take that identity away from me. It's a pity that the colonial masters formed Nigeria (African countries) the way they did, grouping major tribes(people with different identities) together. Though we've got to live with that. This is not so in most western countries. That's why we hardly here of tribal unrest among them. If western countries were formed like we have in Spain and such, they will also be singing the same song we sing in Africa. Left to me tribalism can't be ended, same with racism, this act will only create an avenue where tornado meets with volcano.
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by aloeplant: 8:46pm On Jan 10, 2016
State of residence..... I believe is designed to to generate tax for each state and is the simple way people can contribute towards the state they resided. I don't think state of residence will give any non indigenes to over ride the indigenes of the state, the system will help states that have many non indigenes in the state to pay taxes. And people will be force to relocate back to their various states if the competition begins.....good idea I thin'
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by maum: 8:48pm On Jan 10, 2016
gohome:
We will initiate policies to ensure that Nigerians are free to live and work in any part of the country by removing state of origin, tribe, ethnic and religious affiliations and replace those with state of residence.
#VoteChange #ChangeIsHere

Prof. Yemi Osinbade

Is this not change ladies and gentlemen?
Confab report working I think

mynd44
Lalasticlala

Prof. Osinbade or Prof. Osinbajo?

Good idea expected to eliminate division but we know ourselves, really.
Name checkers will ensure State of Origin doesn't die.
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by GodMode: 8:49pm On Jan 10, 2016
Wyttcat:
Now I know why what happened in kwara happened, most Yoruba leaders are just took dumb!

Lagos is being labeled as NO MAN'S LAND without state of residence, what will now happen with it?

Kwara is still 90% yoruba... But northerners have used the "north-central tag" to claim political appointments when in reality Kwara is a SW state not "north central" as we are made to believe.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by londoner: 8:51pm On Jan 10, 2016
Hallelujah! This is a seed that planted now will see the fruit of a nation with true citizens. Maybe not today or in ten years but in 50 years from now people will feel a sense of belonging where they put their blood, sweat and tears.

This is a genius move and a much needed one.
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by Wyttcat: 8:51pm On Jan 10, 2016
One can't help but wonder if it's self-hate or they just don't know any better!

Yes, a new party or an organization that will keep them on their toes.
GodMode:

Yoruba leaders too dey fall hand... A new yoruba-centric political party must be created.

1 Like

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by AXYZ: 8:51pm On Jan 10, 2016
gohome:
We will initiate policies to ensure that Nigerians are free to live and work in any part of the country by removing state of origin, tribe, ethnic and religious affiliations and replace those with state of residence.

Prof. Yemi Osinbade

mynd44
Lalasticlala

Look at the date. Over a year ago!

1 Like

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jan 10, 2016
gohome:

Prof. Yemi Osinbade

mynd44
Lalasticlala

It will not solve Nigeria problem of constant power supply,good water,good road,employment and good economy.

our leaders no the problems but can't solve it because the person that will solve Nigeria problems is yet to be born.
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by cardoctor(m): 8:56pm On Jan 10, 2016
Agreed but that shouldn't make state of origin invalid. Knowing the sort of people we Nigerians are, the question of state of origin will still follow the state of residence.
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by repogirl(f): 9:00pm On Jan 10, 2016
Jokers! It's not by state of origin.... Just create and implement policies that benefit everyone equally and we will work together.

Even if they implement this, blood is thicker than water, it will not make much difference.

How can you say you are being fair to everyone when you move the clearing agency to the north at the detriment of people in the south. The south that has up to three ports just laying idle there and you are going to dry kano to benefit only the north. Rubbish one Nigeria! angry
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by GodMode: 9:02pm On Jan 10, 2016
Wyttcat:
One can't help but wonder if it's self-hate or they just don't know any better!

Yes, a new party or an organization that will keep them on their toes.

Its not self-hate.. They're always trying to form "sophisticated" and "liberal"..

Obj f**ked up... The only thing he did was bring GSM to Nigeria which has helped lots of businesses.. But as per infrastructures in SW he messed up.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by GodMode: 9:08pm On Jan 10, 2016
bidemi12:

I am married to a Yoruba woman. I speak Yoruba fluently and Hausa paseably. I am not Yoruba nor am I Hausa. I have friends all over. I don't discriminate. It all depends on the individual and his or her outlook on life. Nigeria won't move forward until we change the way we do business.

Your name is online moniker is bidemi and you're denying your heritage... This is I and Wyttcat are talking about...

Its not just the leaders.. Most Yorubas too dey fall hand. If jobs in SW were not given to non-indegenes the SW will not have an influx of other tribes.

4 Likes

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by olas24u(f): 9:10pm On Jan 10, 2016
GodMode:

Read this wise comment:

I did not really get your argument but the Nigerian federation is a fake one and its faulty ,A real federation with separate laws and policies can also help you has a Yoruba man in your province ,region etc.Example is security ,the police man that will guard your area will probably speak and understand you and know all the criminals.
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by seunayantokun(m): 9:11pm On Jan 10, 2016
If it works, I'll be the happiest Nigerian. But my mind tells me it is fraught with issues that will endanger the togetherness of the amalgamated nations called Nigeria.
Our names reveal our ethnic origin, and most times our religious affliations. So, how do we hide those stuffs?

The intention is good but we need confidence building processes first. Hmmmmm.... I case my rest.
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by LOVEGINO(m): 9:13pm On Jan 10, 2016
gohome:

Prof. Yemi Osinbade

mynd44
Lalasticlala
naija don dey upgrade oooo! Sai Changee walahi ta lahi!
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by StuntingBlack(m): 9:14pm On Jan 10, 2016
blackprowler:

YOU ARE A FOOL! I don't care what Nairaland moderators say or do. You are a direct example why Africa will never progress until the lot of you (the majority) die off this earth. Let me tell you starkly ignorant person, no one is a stranger in any part of the country to which he legally originates in the world of 2015. You may relish the savage days of your ancestors where they differentiate "indigene/settler" but sadly, we live in the modern world where humanity is divided into COUNTRIES and every citizen of each country has all the rights of anyone else in that same country. Your so-called education has been a waste but take solace in the fact that most Nigerians are also as dumb as you. I weep for this country; I wish I was never an African - they're just a step higher than the apes: fact!

When a fake doesn't like been differentiated from an original, then peace be unto that.

A word for you:

If you don't like the fact that natives/indigenes CANT be the same as strangers, GO AND HANG.!!!

3 Likes

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by oluchibabe: 9:14pm On Jan 10, 2016
These people are funny!

They wanted something and were fighting for it, causing chaos and mayhem.

Then they were given what they were agitating for and the next thing is they start another level of fighting, mayhem and destruction because they assumed "It will never work"!

And l am like, are these people serious at all?

Either way, they are always fighting... and will always fight.

"Indigenship" and "Residency" are not the same thing ...and are Poles apart. End of story.

1 Like

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by bidemi12(m): 9:16pm On Jan 10, 2016
GodMode:

Your name is online moniker is bidemi and you're denying your heritage... This is I and Wyttcat are talking about...

Its not just the leaders.. Most Yorubas too dey fall hand. If jobs in SW were not given to non-indegenes the SW will not have an influx of other tribes.

This is time the use of a brain is required. Bear with me. I just told you that my wife is yoruba which should have informed you that my moniker is my wife's name. Plus, I could as well use ASTRONAUT as my moniker; does that mean i am one? Nigerians need to start using their brains more often.

1 Like

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by GodMode: 9:20pm On Jan 10, 2016
olas24u:

I did not really get your argument but the Nigerian federation is a fake one and its faulty ,A real federation with separate laws and policies can also help you has a Yoruba man in your province ,region etc.Example is security ,the police man that will guard your area will probably speak and understand you and know all the criminals.

You said Nigeria needs an official language and if you read and understood that comment you'll have read the part that said "It's a pity that the colonial masters formed Nigeria (African countries) the way they did, grouping major tribes(people with different identities) together."

The European countries that were multilingual have since dis-integrated and are more peaceful....

If English wasn't Nigeria's official language a South Easterner/Southerner, northerner and foreigners would have to learn how to speak Yoruba fluently before they can school or work in the SW and Yorubas too would need to learn their languages if they want to move out of SW...

The recent sacking of some Virgin Nigeria staffs defends my argument.... they were sacked because Nigerians speak English and since English is British why not just bring British staff.... they didn't sack india and others because of the language barrier...

2 Likes

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by jamace(m): 9:20pm On Jan 10, 2016
Talk is cheap!

Let that remain a dream for now while we face more pressing issues.
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by simdam500(m): 9:21pm On Jan 10, 2016
this was my signature then, obviously some people rebuked it on nairaland
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by GodMode: 9:21pm On Jan 10, 2016
bidemi12:

This is time the use of a brain is required. Bear with me. I just told you that my wife is yoruba which should have informed you that my moniker is my wife's name. Plus, I could as well use ASTRONAUT as my moniker; does that mean i am one? Nigerians need to start using their brains more often.

that's why I used online moniker...
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jan 10, 2016
It will NEVER happen. This was said when campaign was hot. Chaos will be everywhere and the fight will start from the senate if ever it is proposed. Only one sect will support this though they do not like the team that stated this 369 days ago.
divinehand2003:

This was said over a year ago, nothing has been heard Of it again since they resumed office. I guess water don pass garri too.
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by bidemi12(m): 9:29pm On Jan 10, 2016
GodMode:

You said Nigeria needs an official language and if you read and understood that comment you'll have read the part that said "It's a pity that the colonial masters formed Nigeria (African countries) the way they did, grouping major tribes(people with different identities) together."

The European countries that were multilingual have since dis-integrated and are more peaceful....

If English wasn't Nigeria's official language a South Easterner/Southerner, northerner and foreigners would have to learn how to speak Yoruba fluently before they can school or work in the SW and Yorubas too would need to learn their languages if they want to move out of SW...

The recent sacking of some Virgin Nigeria staffs defends my argument.... they were sacked because Nigerians speak English and since English is British why not just bring British staff.... they didn't sack india and others because of the language barrier...

The way you reason is terrifying to say the least. Diversity is an advantage not an impediment. America, france, germany would not be great without it. When you bring people of different minds together you have a diverse way of thinking and solving issues. That fact that the black race does not understand this concept is no one's fault but yours. You think the Visa lottery America does is for nothing? Albert Einstein is a prime example of the advantage of diversity. Without him America would not be a super power.
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by babestella: 9:29pm On Jan 10, 2016
This move is dumb, DOA, BID.

Uniting the people and the country is a thing of the mind, selling narratives of truth to the people, this will reduce suspicions, mistrust, hate and tribalism.
Today in Nigeria, you don't need a jax man to tell you that Okeke is from the Igbo land, Bakare from Yoruba land and Buhari from the north.

So it's not by policy.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by bidemi12(m): 9:30pm On Jan 10, 2016
GodMode:

that's why I used online moniker...

But you also concluded that i am yoruba which i am not.
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by Morenzy15: 9:32pm On Jan 10, 2016
Lets see how it will work out, nothing is impossible.
However, get the best items like wristwatches, Tecno phantom pad II(G9), Foldable Hand Dryer,
portable tire inflator, Men Slimming Body Shaper, Selfie Stick, Handsome Up penis Enlargement Device
Bare Instant Breast Lift for Ladies, Teeth Whitening pen to mention but a few from any of our online store
at konga.com/morenzy-business-classic, kaymu.com.ng/seller/morenzy-business-classic, /fagbolade.
We deliver nationwide within 3day and you pay at delivery.
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by GodMode: 9:35pm On Jan 10, 2016
bidemi12:

The way you reason is terrifying to say the least. Diversity is an advantage not an impediment. America, france, germany would not be great without it. When you bring people of different minds together you have a diverse way of thinking and solving issues. That fact that the black race does not understand this concept is no one's fault but yours. You think the Visa lottery America does is for nothing? Albert Einstein is a prime example of the advantage of diversity. Without him America would not be a super power.

Only 2% of China population are foreigners and see how developed they are.... Don't ever mention those three countries, they were built by foreigners and maintained properly by laws that protect their interest...

Diversity is only an advantage when it is seriously monitored...
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by GodMode: 9:38pm On Jan 10, 2016
bidemi12:

But you also concluded that i am yoruba which i am not.

Its psychology..... I needed to be sure.... So I made comments that will make you confirm it yourself..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tinubu To PEPT: Nullifying The Election Over 25% FCT Could Cause Anarchy, Chaos / King Salman Greeted President Buhari With Utmost Respect (Photos) / Deji Adeyanju: "Youths That Visited Aso Rock Got N2M Each"- Bashir Ahmad Replies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.