Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,516 members, 7,819,861 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

FG To Remove State Of Origin - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Remove State Of Origin (61779 Views)

Buhari's Ambassadorial Nominees And Their State Of Origin / Federal-government-to-remove-state-of-origin-vice-presiden / Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by MosquitoLaps(m): 3:37pm On Jan 10, 2016
Great news. I've been an advocate for this for a long time. But does the removal of state of orijin really make us one? Most times , I think tribalism is deeply rooted in our ethnic nationalities.
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by gohome: 3:40pm On Jan 10, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

It can only work in paper. The name of a person will always tell where he is from.

Yea, but one cannot be ''paperlly'' victimized. If you so much believe it can only work on paper, why scared of the policy?

I believe, the only way to find out is to implement it. I also believed that because it has worked very well in even harsher terrain than ours it will work here

1 Like

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:46pm On Jan 10, 2016
gohome:

Yea, but one cannot be ''paperlly'' victimized. If you so much believe it can only work on paper, why scared of the policy?

I believe, the only way to find out is to implement it. I also believed that because it has worked very well in even harsher terrain than ours it will work here
Give me the name of one country that is ethnically diversified as Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by StuntingBlack(m): 3:48pm On Jan 10, 2016
gohome:

State of origin is state of origin and state of birth is state of birth. But in the eyes of the law, should anybody with a residency permit have equal rights? I need suggestions that says this law will not help us advance.... No sentiment. It seems to be working for every other progressive nation. Why cant it work here? Being Tribal to me may not be bad, but once it comes to advancing and developing don't you think we need others that cut across race, tribe and religion? I just need reason. Will this law set us back or forward?

It works but NOT in all circumstances. An example of a nation that agrees to this is the US. But you know why, ma man? Its simple. The US is a total foreign land to almost everyone inside those four boarders.
Right from the White majority to the Black/Latino minority, THEY ARE ALL FOREIGNERS (i.e non-natives). But is that so in African and European nations? Definitely not. In that case, THERE MUST be a law that gives everyone equal rights, seeing that the composition of the nation is that of foreigners.

How would you feel been deprived of your pride as a son of a soil in a place where all in the name of nationhood politics, you have foreigners as commissioners, governors, ward members, etc., if I may ask? Its easier said than done if you arent party to such experience. In as much as I support a united Nigeria to succeed beyond limits, I doubt propositions like these have any meaningful impact other than negative consequences. Because I reside in Enugu doesnt mean I wont end up disorganizing, stealing from, and impoverishing the people of Enugu if I ever become the governor of Enugu. And just because you reside in Kano doesnt mean you are the best man to govern Kano. THERE WILL ALWAYS BE THAT ONE HAUSA/FULANI that will govern Kano as good as if not better than you will govern Kano.

We shouldnt be mistaken ma man.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by GspotAngela(f): 3:51pm On Jan 10, 2016
gohome:

Two questions for you : when will the ibos abolish the Osu caste system? When will an Osu ibo become the Governor of Anambra state?

2 Likes

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by easyz(m): 4:03pm On Jan 10, 2016
Good one pmb.

But the tailor that make those cloth fall my hand.
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by gohome: 4:11pm On Jan 10, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

Give me the name of one country that is ethnically diversified as Nigeria.

Goggle Brazil
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by Atlantian: 4:18pm On Jan 10, 2016
I always knew I would contest for Governorship of Lagos State. I have lived here for almost 10yrs, I should have the right to vote and importantly be voted for, as Governor of Lagos State.

1 Like

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by Dukeratata: 4:19pm On Jan 10, 2016
Na todayyyyy one chance change shocked
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by gohome: 4:20pm On Jan 10, 2016
GspotAngela:
Two questions for you : when will the ibos abolish the Osu caste system? When will an Osu ibo become the Governor of Anambra state?

State of origin.... Osu? Ibo? Anambra? Please fill me in. Don't understand the question?

1 Like

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by GspotAngela(f): 4:26pm On Jan 10, 2016
gohome:

State of origin.... Osu? Ibo? Anambra? Please fill me in. Don't understand the question?
Socio-cultural attributes attached to each ethnic nationality in Nigeria. Will expunging the Indigene/non-Indigene dichotomy in Nigeria give an Osu Ibo the same Social and Political benefit in Anambra as a freeborn Ibo in the same state ?

2 Likes

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by GspotAngela(f): 4:33pm On Jan 10, 2016
gohome:

Goggle Brazil
Epic fail
The Amerindians, the indigenous people of Brazil nay South America, are almost going into extinction. They were killed by the Conquistadors and their land was requisitioned from them. They are now mostly restricted to the rain forests of the Amazon

2 Likes

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by baby124: 4:34pm On Jan 10, 2016
Osinbanjo better not be stupid. We all have our cultures and traditions which make us unique and are way more ancient than any government. In your excitement to look civilized, make sure you ask the stakeholders their opinion, otherwise it will backfire and draw the country into serious war. You can never take away ancestral lands or tribal affiliations. Even Oyinbo's respect that. Talk about being more holy than the pope. You don't even think about your own people, just open your mouth gbaga! Na only you waka go for that one.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by malton: 4:40pm On Jan 10, 2016
cool

1 Like

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by gohome: 4:41pm On Jan 10, 2016
GspotAngela:
Socio-cultural attributes attached to each ethnic nationality in Nigeria. Will expunging the Indigene/non-Indigene dichotomy in Nigeria gie an Osu Ibo the same Social and Political benefot in Anambra as a freeborn Ibo ?

Culture is dynamic. Superior and a progressive culture will always win.... (Darwin theory). Those guys were not created with Osu. It was started somehow, it will end. That will the benefits of infusion. We need a Nigerian identity and not tribal identity
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by EternalTruths: 4:42pm On Jan 10, 2016
Confused Vice President

Tomorrow when you guys see Igbos take advantage of this to become governors outside Igboland, you guys will shout Igbo domination and start a genocide against the Igbos angry

2 Likes

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by Cutehector(m): 4:51pm On Jan 10, 2016
OK so I can become the Governor of Lagos state.. wooow.. Dat's good news.
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by GspotAngela(f): 4:51pm On Jan 10, 2016
gohome:

Culture is dynamic. Superior and a progressive culture will always win.... (Darwin theory). Those guys were not created with Osu. It was started somehow, it will end. That will the benefits of infusion. We need a Nigerian identity and not tribal identity
So i would forfeit my Nupe heritage and embrace, in your own word, a ''Nigerian identity'' regardless of the fact that the Nupe Kingdom had existed for more than a hundred years before the creation of Nigeria
If i may ask, what is a ''Nigeria Identity'' ?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by tafrica(m): 4:51pm On Jan 10, 2016
Let's not be ignorant my people. This was said a year ago during campaign mode. One of the sumptuous promises made by APC to get votes. Why is OP presenting this like it's an agenda that has already been implemented or on the verge of implementation.

We haven't learnt our lessons; we believe politicians cheaply. From the comments, many are already ecstatic even when they see this was a stale post from Osinbajo.

If APC still campaigns on another CHANGE to change the present CHANGE, I'm sure many people will still fall for it. We're gullible.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by EternalTruths: 4:54pm On Jan 10, 2016
StuntingBlack:

It works but NOT in all circumstances. An example of a nation that agrees to this is the US. But you know why, ma man? Its simple. The US is a total foreign land to almost everyone inside those four boarders.
Right from the White majority to the Black/Latino minority, THEY ARE ALL FOREIGNERS (i.e non-natives). But is that so in African and European nations? Definitely not. In that case, THERE MUST be a law that gives everyone equal rights, seeing that the composition of the nation is that of foreigners.

How would you feel been deprived of your pride as a son of a soil in a place where all in the name of nationhood politics, you have foreigners as commissioners, governors, ward members, etc., if I may ask? Its easier said that done if you arent party to such experience Bro. In as much as I support a united Nigeria to succeed beyond limits, I doubt propositions like these have any meaningful impact other than negative consequences. Because I reside in Enugu doesnt mean I wont end up disorganizing, stealing from, and impoverishing the people of Enugu if I ever become the governor of Enugu. And just because you reside in Kano doesnt mean you are the best man to govern Kano. THERE WILL ALWAYS BE THAT ONE HAUSA/FULANI that will govern Kano as good as if not better than you will govern Kano.

We shouldnt be mistaken ma man.

Gbam

This policy was embraced in Liberia until the Kwa people who are like Igbo people, where seen to be domineering in the days of Samuel Doe and earn a genocide for it.

The confused Vice President should tell us how his people will react if Igbos take over the governorship of Lagos. angry

1 Like

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by Atlantian: 4:59pm On Jan 10, 2016
EternalTruths:

Gbam

This policy was embraced in Liberia until the Kwa people who are like Igbo people, where seen to be domineering in the days of Samuel Doe and earn a genocide for it.

The confused Vice President should tell us how his people will react if Igbos take over the governorship of Lagos. angry
Igbos have already taken over the politics of Lagos and no one is hurt. If Igbos take over Governorship of Lagos, it will make Lagos better for everyone including the Yorubas. After all, who ever owns a house in Lagos or lived in Lagos for 10yrs is a Lagosian by law.

1 Like

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by yudee233: 5:01pm On Jan 10, 2016
This is a very bold step from the FG if implementation is carried out.
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by fr3do(m): 5:02pm On Jan 10, 2016
segsxpendable:
only if some people(Biafrans) can agree to this....

it is even Yorubas that are against it, you hardly see yorubas in Igboland but you see lots of Igbos in places that are yoruba's and yorubas claim to own i.e lagos.
this policy favours the Igbo traveller.

but I still stand for an Igbo only country.

1 Like

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by yorubasmustprosper(f): 5:04pm On Jan 10, 2016
This will never.. ..i mean NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER WORK.

BUY IF IT DOES.. .IGBOS CAN NOW REST THE CASE OF BIAFRA and swing into work of second colonization of Nigeria.

They won't allow this...someone has to curtail these Igbos, if not.. ..dont ask ''what"?

3 Likes

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by knostbrown01(m): 5:09pm On Jan 10, 2016
Two old fools... putting cart before the horse, whr is d work/job in nigeria

1 Like

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by GspotAngela(f): 5:09pm On Jan 10, 2016
EternalTruths:

Gbam

Why do you like engaging yourself in things that are above your intellect.

Liberia was ruled by the Americo-Liberians in a single party: The True Whig Party, since independence in 1847. Samuel Doe, from the Krhan tribe not Kwa, assasinated President Tolbert Williams in a bloody Coup and he went further to orchestrate an ethnic cleansing against the Gio tribe who were in the Nimba county and the Grand Gedeh county after Thomas Quiwonkpa's failed coup attempy against him.

Charles Taylor who later became the presidnet after the war was also an Americo-Liberia as the former President Tolbert Williams whom Samuel Doe killed in the 1980 Coup
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by BuddhaPalm(m): 5:11pm On Jan 10, 2016
My state of residence is No Man's Land grin.

Na joke I dey o.

1 Like

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by EternalTruths: 5:13pm On Jan 10, 2016
GspotAngela:
Why do you like engaging yourself in things that are above your intellect.
Liberia was ruled by the Americo-Liberians in a single party, the True Whig Party, since independence in 1847. Samuel Doe, from the Krhan tribe not Kwa, assasinated President Tolbert Williams in a bloody Coup and he went further to orchestrate an ethnic cleansing against the Gio tribe who were in the Nimba county and the Gran Gedeh county aftwr Thomasa Quiwonkpa's failed coup attempy against him.
Charles Taylor who later became the presidnet after the war was also an Americ-Liberia as the former President Tolbert Williams whom Samuel Doe killed in the 1980 Coup

I don't blame you but NL who gave you the platform to talk trash

What do you know about Liberia

Children of nowadays

Go ask your uncles who served in Ecomog the real history behind Liberia civil war angry
Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by gohome: 5:13pm On Jan 10, 2016
GspotAngela:
Epic fail
The Amerindians, the indigenous people of Brazil nay South America, are almost going into extinction. They were killed by the Conquistadors and their land was requisitioned from them. They are now mostly restricted to the rain forests of the Amazon

Story. Before the coming of the Portuguese, Brazil had over 2000 ethnic groups. When a superior and more advance culture came in, with the infusion, the cultures metamorphosed to what we have now has Brazilians. The tribes that mixed up survived. The once that resisted are still there in the Amazons. Some have not been discovered till this day. China was also very diverse. A superior kingdom united the tribes. Very familiar tribes merged to what we now know as the 56 tribes of China with just 2 major lang.

As we speak, it is happening in Nigeria. Some ethnic group will be off in less than a 100 years time.

1 Like

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by StuntingBlack(m): 5:13pm On Jan 10, 2016
EternalTruths:

Gbam

That was a case of improper anticipation of consequences. We should all know there are pros and cons to every situation. I'm sure those who pushed for such policy in Liberia wont be anybody other than the Kwas themselves. In the long run, other tribes saw that the policy has turned into a big disadvantage for them, hence their reason for killing Kwas to reduce their population amongst them.

Truth be told, as a Yoruba, I can NEVER support that policy. Even without such policy, Yorubas have to be making foreigners HORs in their homeland all in the name of nationhood, a situation that shouldnt occur because of the independence of states to invoke a 'native/indigene dichotomy' into their laws.

But trust me, THE MOMENT I SEE A YORUBA MAN BECOME A GOVERNOR IN ANAMBRA AND KANO, then VP Osinbajo has my full support to that policy.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Remove State Of Origin by raumdeuter: 5:14pm On Jan 10, 2016
[size=18pt]The news is over a year old[/size]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

El-Rufai Kneels Down, Begs Kogi People To Forgive Yahaya Bello / Pictures From President Buhari And Family Meeting After Second-term Inauguration / Deji Adeyanju: "Youths That Visited Aso Rock Got N2M Each"- Bashir Ahmad Replies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.