Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,471 members, 7,812,449 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:30 PM

Some Questions Google Asks Potential Employees During Interview. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Some Questions Google Asks Potential Employees During Interview. (2658 Views)

How Do You Answer Salary Questions During Interview / Is It Fair To Ask The Employees To State The Amount To Be Paid During Interview? / Interview Exposed-Some Of The Things You Need To Know Before & During Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Questions Google Asks Potential Employees During Interview. by Explorers(m): 4:40pm On Jan 10, 2016
Tech companies are notorious for testing applicants’ thinking skills with difficult interview questions. Although interview puzzles are less common these days with Google demphasizing or doing away them if you’re going for a job in Silicon Valley or just want to check out some interview brainteasers, here are examples of challenging interview questions that have made smart people feel very dumb.

(source is having the answer to the questions, thats why am not adding it.)
cc: dominique

Re: Some Questions Google Asks Potential Employees During Interview. by Explorers(m): 4:44pm On Jan 10, 2016
1. How many golf balls can fit in a school bus?

2. How much should you charge to wash all the windows in Seattle?

3. In a country in which people only want boy, every family continues to have children until they have a boy. If they have a girl, they have another child. If they have a boy, they stop. What is the proportion of boys to girls in the country?

4. Why are manhole covers round?

5. Design an evacuation plan for San Francisco.

6. How many times a day does a clock’s hands overlap?

7. You need to check that your friend, Bob, has your correct phone number, but you cannot ask him directly. You must write the question on a card and give it to Eve who will take the card to Bob and return the answer to you. What must you write on the card, besides the question, to ensure Bob can encode the message so that Eve cannot read your phone number?

8. You’re the captain of a pirate ship and your crew gets to vote on how the gold is divided up. If fewer than half of the pirates agree with you, you die. How do you recommend apportioning the gold in such a way that you get a good share of the booty, but still survive?

9. You have eight balls all of the same size, 7 of them weigh the same, and one of them weighs slightly more. How can you find the ball that is heavier by using a balance and only two weighings?

10. Explain a database in three sentences to your eight-year-old nephew.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Questions Google Asks Potential Employees During Interview. by Atlantian: 4:48pm On Jan 10, 2016
Answer is: I don't know

1 Like

Re: Some Questions Google Asks Potential Employees During Interview. by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jan 10, 2016
No 7 answer should be to call me?
No 3 should be to biology students but I believe the probability of having a girl at every try against a boy.
No 6 should be 24 times.
No 9 place two balls each on both side.
No 2 the amount required to get it done, abi which kain trick question be that. undecided
No 4 I think should do with drainage, just like how kitchen sinks and toilet sinks are round.
No 8 I divide the gold into half and share the half amongst the crew, and we shall select about half the crew I know who had done well and give them the other half of the gold.. Two things are likely to happen, first there would be a fight that would lead to half the crew or more dead of which we can claim the dead crews gold to be ours. The second is less likely, that the crew who are favored with more gold will kill those less favored secretly so as to keep their gold and lives and recover the gold from the dead.
Or you could as well promise to any man who sees you remain alive till the next raid gets your own gold.
No 1 as many as it can take

5 Likes

Re: Some Questions Google Asks Potential Employees During Interview. by AyamConfidence(m): 5:10pm On Jan 10, 2016
Make i siddon here first...*edited...I DONT FUC.KING KNOW...I DONT FURKING CARE AND I DONT WANT THE FURKING JOB ANYMORE SO FUCCCKKK OFF MR INTERVIEWER
Re: Some Questions Google Asks Potential Employees During Interview. by ichommy(m): 5:22pm On Jan 10, 2016
Following, Thanks Explores.
Re: Some Questions Google Asks Potential Employees During Interview. by Youngetskilz23(m): 5:23pm On Jan 10, 2016
The answer is just to ask Google search

1 Like

Re: Some Questions Google Asks Potential Employees During Interview. by XtraSmooth404: 5:24pm On Jan 10, 2016
lol...See questions na
Re: Some Questions Google Asks Potential Employees During Interview. by ElDeeVee(m): 5:41pm On Jan 10, 2016
Simple questions.
Try McKinsey.
Re: Some Questions Google Asks Potential Employees During Interview. by amicable09(f): 5:53pm On Jan 10, 2016
Brainteasers indeed.
Nwakaegoabisola can you try them? *smiles.

I saw you viewing and you rarely comment so I decided to give you a shout out! Happy Sunday! Wishing you success with Diamond bank.

1 Like

Re: Some Questions Google Asks Potential Employees During Interview. by oyeludef(m): 6:28pm On Jan 10, 2016
Wch kain questions b dis?? Mtchewwwwww geraarahia
Re: Some Questions Google Asks Potential Employees During Interview. by bqlekan(m): 7:06pm On Jan 10, 2016
ehn? Shey if Google no give me job, I no go make heaven nii? these questions should not even be directed to ones enemy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Questions Google Asks Potential Employees During Interview. by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jan 10, 2016
Brain Tasking...
Re: Some Questions Google Asks Potential Employees During Interview. by Smartsyn(m): 7:50pm On Jan 10, 2016
I no wan work again. No vex.

Na me find una trouble carry myself come.
Re: Some Questions Google Asks Potential Employees During Interview. by winetapper: 7:57pm On Jan 10, 2016
Explorers:

3. In a country in which people only want boy, every family continues to have children until they have a boy. If they have a girl, they have another child. If they have a boy, they stop. What is the proportion of boys to girls in the country?

7. You need to check that your friend, Bob, has your correct phone number, but you cannot ask him directly. You must write the question on a card and give it to Eve who will take the card to Bob and return the answer to you. What must you write on the card, besides the question, to ensure Bob can encode the message so that Eve cannot read your phone number?

8. You’re the captain of a pirate ship and your crew gets to vote on how the gold is divided up. If fewer than half of the pirates agree with you, you die. How do you recommend apportioning the gold in such a way that you get a good share of the booty, but still survive?

9. You have eight balls all of the same size, 7 of them weigh the same, and one of them weighs slightly more. How can you find the ball that is heavier by using a balance and only two weighings?

That is how Emeka would go and cram Wikipedia and encyclopedia becos of Google interview
.they wi den come and be asking im how many golf balls would fill a bus cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Questions Google Asks Potential Employees During Interview. by Rapsowdee01(m): 10:08pm On Jan 10, 2016
The expected answer they want is that 'you use google search engine'. That is what they want, they want the world to be so tech to the extent that if you want to know what a mango is.. You use google.com

#iGoogle
Re: Some Questions Google Asks Potential Employees During Interview. by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jan 10, 2016
winetapper:
That is how Emeka would go and cram Wikipedia and encyclopedia becos of Google interview
.they wi den come and be asking im how many golf balls would fill a bus cry

ROTFL...

1 Like

Re: Some Questions Google Asks Potential Employees During Interview. by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jan 10, 2016
Explorers:

1. As many as possible
2. 50$ per one
3. All girl and one boy each in a family
4. because a hole is round
5. They have one already
6. Every seconds in 24hrs
7. Bob will you please call me
8. Support me and I will give u more Gold from my share
9. categorize the seven same weight balls and take one to weigh with the last one
10. database is a store of your name and mine for proper use

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Questions Google Asks Potential Employees During Interview. by Davedoz(m): 10:42pm On Jan 10, 2016
I will just drop the answers
1.Answer: This is one of those questions Google asks just to see if the applicant can explain the key challenge to solving the problem.

2. Answer: This is one of those questions where the trick is to come up with an easier answer than the one that's seemingly being called for. We'd say. "$10 per window."

3.Answer: This one caused quite the debate, but we figured it out following these steps:

Imagine you have 10 couples who have 10 babies. 5 will be girls. 5 will be boys. (Total babies made: 10, with 5 boys and 5 girls)
The 5 couples who had girls will have 5 babies. Half (2.5) will be girls. Half (2.5) will be boys. Add 2.5 boys to the 5 already born and 2.5 girls to the 5 already born. (Total babies made: 15, with 7.5 boys and 7.5 girls.)
The 2.5 couples that had girls will have 2.5 babies. Half (1.25) will be boys and half (1.25) will be girls. Add 1.25 boys to the 7.5 boys already born and 1.25 girls to the 7.5 already born. (Total babies: 17.5 with 8.75 boys and 8.75 girls).
And so on, maintianing a 50/50 population.

4.Answer: So it doesn't fall through the manhole (when the plane ordinarily flush with the plane of the street goes perpendicular to the street.)

5.Answer: Again, this one is all about the interviewer seeing how the interviewee would attack the problem. We'd start our answer by asking, "what kind of disaster are we planning for?"

6.Answer: 22 times. From WikiAnswers:

AM

12:00
1:05
2:11
3:16
4:22
5:27
6:33
7:38
8:44
9:49
10:55

PM

12:00
1:05
2:11
3:16
4:22
5:27
6:33
7:38
8:44
9:49
10:55

7. Answer: Since you are just "checking," you ask him to call you at a certain time. If he doesn't, he doesn't have your number.

8.Answer: You divide the booty evenly between the top 51% of the crew.

9.Answer: Take 6 of the 8 balls and put 3 on each side of the scale. If the heavy ball isn't in the group of 6, you know it's one of the remaining 2 and so you put those two in the scale and determine which one. If the heavy ball is in the 6, you have narrowed it down to 3. Of those 3, pick any 2 and put them on the scale. If the heavy ball is in that group of 2, you know which one it is. If both balls are of equal weight, then the heavy ball is the one you sat to the side.

10.Answer: The point here is to test the applicant's ability to communicate complex ideas in simple language. Here's our attempt, "A database is a machine that remembers lots of information about lots of things. People use them to help remember that information. Go play outside."

@OP, I'm your number one fan. I'm really sorry I had to do this. I'm simply one of the people that think Nigeria is already too difficult to start breaking our head over things like this! So I simply showed everyone how to Google.

Una want sauce!! Make una dey wait well well. E never don.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Questions Google Asks Potential Employees During Interview. by Swaggzkid: 11:35pm On Jan 10, 2016
Google dey craze sha with that kind queries.

Dunno if the smartest person in the world can answer those questions correctly without any comma.

In other words iyalaya google. if you don't wanna gimme the job, come and get it. I stay at mainland.
Re: Some Questions Google Asks Potential Employees During Interview. by oluwafreshkid(m): 11:48pm On Jan 10, 2016
Davedoz:
I will just drop the answers

Una want sauce!! Make una dey wait well well. E never don.

I'll just drop the source
http://www.businessinsider.com/answers-to-google-interview-questions-2011-11?op=1
Re: Some Questions Google Asks Potential Employees During Interview. by LaurelP(m): 11:52pm On Jan 10, 2016
AyamConfidence:
Make i siddon here first...*edited...I DONT FUC.KING KNOW...I DONT FURKING CARE AND I DONT WANT THE FURKING JOB ANYMORE SO FUCCCKKK OFF MR INTERVIEWER

Re: Some Questions Google Asks Potential Employees During Interview. by AyamConfidence(m): 12:17am On Jan 11, 2016
[quote author=LaurelP post=41859259][/quote]lol
Re: Some Questions Google Asks Potential Employees During Interview. by Nobody: 1:29am On Jan 11, 2016
The question wey Google ask, na Google go answer ham undecided

1 Like

Re: Some Questions Google Asks Potential Employees During Interview. by ojaydedon(m): 1:29am On Jan 11, 2016
hmmm
Re: Some Questions Google Asks Potential Employees During Interview. by tbmas(m): 12:11pm On Jan 11, 2016
#thankAsoldier

Re: Some Questions Google Asks Potential Employees During Interview. by nwakaegoabisola(f): 9:08pm On Jan 11, 2016
amicable09:
Brainteasers indeed.
Nwakaegoabisola can you try them? *smiles.

I saw you viewing and you rarely comment so I decided to give you a shout out! Happy Sunday! Wishing you success with Diamond bank.

Lol, thank you very much amicable09. I hope that you are good hum?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Vacant Positions @ World Food Programme / Role Of Digital Geek In A Firm / Graduate Trainee Needed At Cordros Capital Limited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.