Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,542 members, 7,812,692 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:37 PM

How Do You Answer Salary Questions During Interview - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Do You Answer Salary Questions During Interview (27829 Views)

7 Tips To Help You Answer The Interview Question, “tell Me About Yourself” / How Would You Answer This 'strange' Interview Question? / Mistake Made During Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Answer Salary Questions During Interview by uc4uandc(f): 8:05pm On Apr 30, 2016
Hi friends, I have an interview on Tuesday. What do I say if asked the salary question (fresh graduate #entry level). A friend said he go disqualified for that......am kinda nervous already.
Re: How Do You Answer Salary Questions During Interview by ifeadikanwanne: 8:14pm On Apr 30, 2016
uc4uandc:
Hi friends, I have an interview on Tuesday. What do I say if asked the salary question (fresh graduate #entry level). A friend said he go disqualified for that......am kinda nervous already.

Simply Google about the company and take home for their entry level. For instance, if your findings is 80k, tell them between 80k to 90k.

I hope this helps anyway, goodluck dear!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Answer Salary Questions During Interview by mirakuru(m): 11:44pm On Apr 30, 2016
uc4uandc:
what's your salary expectation?
Ans: well I believe my remuneration should be based on the qualifications and experience or competency that I bring to your organization and what is obtainable in same position in a similar organization..

with this you are doing yourself some good by not mentioning a particular amount which is below your worth, and more so you won't get the employer angry by mentioning outrageous amount which the employer feels is just too much.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Answer Salary Questions During Interview by Frank3n2(m): 7:15am On May 01, 2016
Check this

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Answer Salary Questions During Interview by uc4uandc(f): 8:06am On May 01, 2016
Ok guys, thanks...... I just hope for a successful interview

1 Like

Re: How Do You Answer Salary Questions During Interview by ambassadorgozie(m): 8:13am On May 01, 2016
mirakuru:

Ans: well I believe my remuneration should be based on the qualifications and experience or competency that I bring to your organization and what is obtainable in same position in a similar organization..

with this you are doing yourself some good by not mentioning a particular amount which is below your worth, and more so you won't get the employer angry by mentioning outrageous amount which the employer feels is just too much.

Some wil insists u mention amount

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Answer Salary Questions During Interview by rattlesnake(m): 8:35am On May 01, 2016
uc4uandc:

10 Likes

Re: How Do You Answer Salary Questions During Interview by uc4uandc(f): 9:36am On May 01, 2016
Does anyone have an idea of how much an insurance company can pay fresh graduate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Answer Salary Questions During Interview by ossaii(m): 11:35am On May 01, 2016
I believe that a reputable company like yours can pay me a fairly reasonable and motivating amount, which will not affect their budgeted profit

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Answer Salary Questions During Interview by Nobody: 12:16pm On May 01, 2016
uc4uandc:
Does anyone have an idea of how much an insurance company can pay fresh graduate
Depends, for a start especially if it's @ trainee level ,around 80 to 100k
Re: How Do You Answer Salary Questions During Interview by corperscorner: 1:17pm On May 01, 2016
uc4uandc:

45k.....aiico....leadway....IGI.....et al

Sorry bro...jes d harsh reality.
Re: How Do You Answer Salary Questions During Interview by highskies(m): 2:59pm On May 01, 2016
undecided
Re: How Do You Answer Salary Questions During Interview by pendusky(m): 2:59pm On May 01, 2016
Every Organization has a payment structure and I believed I will be paid based on my entry level position payment structure.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Answer Salary Questions During Interview by Sunnycliff(m): 2:59pm On May 01, 2016
As an employer I don't expect you to make outrageous claims neither do I expect you to undervalue yourself! Try to Google about the company and see if you can ask a worker already in the company, their pay structure!
Re: How Do You Answer Salary Questions During Interview by Olaiman(m): 3:03pm On May 01, 2016
Dis is an excellent way bt if dey still persist. Gve dem a range ń since it's graduate level 70 - 150k is cool
Frank3n2:
Check this

1 Like

Re: How Do You Answer Salary Questions During Interview by beniprince93(m): 3:05pm On May 01, 2016
yes man, i concur to the poster b4 me

1 Like

Re: How Do You Answer Salary Questions During Interview by emmanuelbrown26: 3:05pm On May 01, 2016
I always try to be answer it wit diplomacy. I will say well sir i believe before the advert the company hv already stipulated the salary structure for the job,

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Answer Salary Questions During Interview by lordsharks(m): 3:05pm On May 01, 2016
150k ke
Re: How Do You Answer Salary Questions During Interview by Nobody: 3:07pm On May 01, 2016
it depends on the job and company like everyone else has said, google is your friend

Kindly vote lanicky for miss Nairaland 2016

1 Like

Re: How Do You Answer Salary Questions During Interview by librangyps(f): 3:08pm On May 01, 2016
Q: salary expectation
A: 70k
Q: can you work for less, say 50k?
A: do you have staff bus? From ikoyi to Festac?

Mtcheewww, real life story

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Answer Salary Questions During Interview by Maxy20081(m): 3:10pm On May 01, 2016
Try not to be specific , cos u Dnt kno if dey have I'm mind of paying u higher. So it's best u leave it to their payment policy. Every company has a salary policy
Re: How Do You Answer Salary Questions During Interview by Rich4god(m): 3:10pm On May 01, 2016
From my own experience, try and find out how much d company pays for the position you applied. Then when asked, just tell dem dat every company has its own salary structure and it is ok by you to go with the salary of that position. Then if they insist you name a price, just diplomatically mention the amt within the range of their salary for the position you applied. But in case you couldn't find out, then weigh the value of the company to determine what to say. Most big firm pay their freshmen #130-170, medium firm, #70-120 den small firm around 50-60...

Just be wise and diplomatic.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Answer Salary Questions During Interview by calculator123(m): 3:11pm On May 01, 2016
pendusky:
Every Organization has a payment structure and I believed I will be paid based on my entry level position payment structure.
op take this advice if only you know their entry level salary
if not get ready to be cheated.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Answer Salary Questions During Interview by seunlayi(m): 3:12pm On May 01, 2016
With this change of a thing, I will be forced to mention a huge amount of. The economy is no more Smilling

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Answer Salary Questions During Interview by gaetano: 3:12pm On May 01, 2016
uc4uandc:

Most of them don't have salary structure, they only pay based on commission

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Answer Salary Questions During Interview by Chidimercy: 3:13pm On May 01, 2016
how much salary do u expect?

sir I believe my payment should be based on my position, qualification and competency and as well with reference to the salary structure of ur dear company.. if they insist u mention the amount .. Tell them wit critical analysis of the position, the economic situation of the country and the position u are meant to cover.. that an amount between. 90k to 160k u think is good enough to keep u and for ur unkeep as u remain dedicated in giving ur best.. suggestion though.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Answer Salary Questions During Interview by nmreports: 3:16pm On May 01, 2016
It is usually best to make enquiries about the company's pay structure for your position before you go. That's the best option.

Except of course you are an experienced professional, then the issue of salary is about what you can take and not what they can offer. i.e when you know your job and you are certain about what you are bringing to the table.

I see it's for insurance. Provided it is an executive trainee position then you can say something around 80k

On the other hand, read this: (Very important for job seekers)
https://www.nairaland.com/2835452/tagged-serious-get-job-2016#41540784

uc4uandc
Re: How Do You Answer Salary Questions During Interview by Tpumpz(m): 3:17pm On May 01, 2016
pls does anyone know how much GIS companies in nigeria are paying fresh graduate that study GIS?
Re: How Do You Answer Salary Questions During Interview by sojiboy(m): 3:20pm On May 01, 2016
Let's wait till u get there
Re: How Do You Answer Salary Questions During Interview by Nobody: 3:21pm On May 01, 2016
To avoid another question just let them know your minimum. If you start saying pay me for my skills multiple question will arise.

It's about the salary cut the long story about skills and let them know your minimum.
Re: How Do You Answer Salary Questions During Interview by San60: 3:21pm On May 01, 2016
Reasonable amount that will not affect the income of the company.
Re: How Do You Answer Salary Questions During Interview by yinkard4me(m): 3:21pm On May 01, 2016
mirakuru:

i bet u some interviewers would tell u they want a figure. happened to me before. i was forced to call a figure and the guy jokingly said they re not ready to replace dia MD cos he is d only one dat takes home dat much. lol

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mactay CBT Invite For Globacom CCR / This Is For You If You Are A Graduate Searching For A Job Instead Of Some Skills / My Sister Might Have Been Brainwashed By GNLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.