Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,729 members, 7,831,318 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

when your helper turns her back- advice please - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / when your helper turns her back- advice please (6482 Views)

Woman Turns Husband To House Boy Over N2.5m Gift / Man Turns slowpoke After Impregnating Daughter Twice (pics) / 17-Year-Old Girl Got Pregnant, Chased Out Of Family House, Turns Beggar (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jan 12, 2016
VintageCocktail:
Of course , you knew her when she was still a baby. You sounds so arrogant that I wish she cut you off entirely. She does not owe you anything. She is doing the little she can because you are her brothers son...or is there a written agreement signed with blood that she had to pay your fees.

What an arrogant dumbass you are.
Mellow down dude. Nwa ewu tukwuru ala o were nua NNE ya ara ofuma. Get your shitss together and do good things to the best of your abilities to her and her family, and she will make sure you live good thereafter.
I will just ignore your shallow thoughts
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by VintageCocktail(m): 8:48pm On Jan 12, 2016
ViNeHaNds:
I will just ignore your shallow thoughts
No kidding !!! !!! !!!. Thanks for not calling me names cos I was kinda waiting for rebuttals.
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by PresVA: 9:19pm On Jan 12, 2016
ViNeHaNds:
yea, last big money from her was my 60% school fees, she has not given me anything above 10k ever since, that's after working my ass out and some food stuffs, it do go a long way though, but right now, she has to full fill her promises, debts has to be paid, project funds but instead its quarrels upon quarrel, I feel I am wasting my time here, she will give me 10k and some food stuff, when i tell her I am goin back to school. How will this solve all these problems?
You talk with so much sense of entitlement. . If she doesn't fulfil her promise, what will you do She gives you only 10k, is 10k not money? You're so arrogant. .
Remember she has a family she's taking care of now.. how sure are you she even has the money now?

Better calm down and be humble, stop acting like she owes you something. Always approach her in a respectable manner. .

Also, isn't there a job you can do to earn money for yourself?

2 Likes

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jan 12, 2016
PresVA:
You talk with so much sense of entitlement. . If she doesn't fulfil her promise, what will you do She gives you only 10k, is 10k not money? You're so arrogant. .
Remember she has a family she's taking care of now.. how sure are you she even has the money now?

Better calm down and be humble, stop acting like she owes you something. Always approach her in a respectable manner. .

Also, isn't there a job you can do to earn money for yourself?
I will jus take the last sentence, you can have the rest back, 'cos it no where close to who I am, judge!!!
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jan 12, 2016
This same aunty?

ViNeHaNds:
Babe if i wan write, mine no get summary, after i lost both parent in pace of 3years to some mysterious illnesses, my suffering begun, maltreatment from one aunt to another and to wives of my other uncles, i was practically an houseboy to them, until this one aunt rescued me, today i give thanks, she took me as her own, she is the youngest of all my aunts, she has been my all in all, will be graduating this year. . . Meeehnn! Life was hell, alot better now though. God is good.

Fear God o!

5 Likes

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jan 12, 2016
tearoses:
This same aunty?

Fear God o!
yes, i see her as my saviour, no matter what then, haven't you read? now there is but , a big but. I have in no way condemned her, have I, she has my praises any day, but my joy is cut short, never saw the roles I played as a houseboy until now, I just feel I have been used. because right now she can't keep her promises, no money according to her, its not about any wrong doings, thanks you all anyways,
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by PresVA: 10:33pm On Jan 12, 2016
ViNeHaNds:
yes, i see her as my saviour, no matter what then, haven't you read? now there is but , a big but. I have in no way condemned her, have I, she has my praises any day, but my joy is cut short, never saw the roles I played as a houseboy until now, I just feel I have been used. because right now she can't keep her promises, no money according to her, its not about any wrong doings, thanks you all anyways,
So what if there's no money at all? Or are you her accountant? Nawa oo

3 Likes

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jan 12, 2016
ViNeHaNds:
yes, i see her as my saviour, no matter what then, haven't you read? now there is but , a big but.

But you never said all that in your OP
Most of your comments about your aunt were negative
Youve forgotten the good that she has done you and focussed only on the bad

Do you know her financial situation?

Do you know that people have lost their lives because they could not afford medical bills of less than 10k
people have dropped out of school because of less than 10k

Even if she pays for fees and your debts and you graduate is that automatically the end of your needs?
Do you have a job lined up and waiting for you?
do you know how long you will still need her assistance?

what makes your case even more frank is that NO ONE else was ready to take on the responsibility apart from your aunty.

People are advising you and you are talking back at them all
You forget that you are the one with the need and you are the one who needs help
people will shut their laptops at the end of the day and get on with their lives
I suggest that you pick the reasonable advise that you have been given so you don't end up with nothing at the end of the day and you dont end up regretting your actions.

5 Likes

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jan 12, 2016
ViNeHaNds:

If she had paid all your school fees on demand, would you still consider yourself a houseboy if she asked you to do house chores?

2 Likes

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jan 12, 2016
tearoses:

If she had paid all your school fees on demand, would you still consider yourself a houseboy if she asked you to do house chores?
if she has told me she won't be able to pay my outstanding bills, i would have worked somthing out, by nw I wouldnt have to pause, you just Dont know how angry and furious I am right now.
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jan 12, 2016
tearoses:

But you never said all that in your OP
Most of your comments about your aunt were negative
Youve forgotten the good that she has done you and focussed only on the bad

Do you know her financial situation?

Do you know that people have lost their lives because they could not afford medical bills of less than 10k
people have dropped out of school because of less than 10k

Even if she pays for fees and your debts and you graduate is that automatically the end of your needs?
Do you have a job lined up and waiting for you?
do you know how long you will still need her assistance?

what makes your case even more frank is that NO ONE else was ready to take on the responsibility apart from your aunty.

People are advising you and you are talking back at them all
You forget that you are the one with the need and you are the one who needs help
people will shut their laptops at the end of the day and get on with their lives
I suggest that you pick the reasonable advise that you have been given so you don't end up with nothing at the end of the day and you dont end up regretting your actions.
bros, my hopes were high no matter what I do here in her house at least there was hope better than others, all I have said is twist of character and events I found shocking. Mcheew! What a mess I am into right now.
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jan 12, 2016
ViNeHaNds:
if she has told me she won't be able to pay my outstanding bills, i would have worked somthing out, by nw I wouldnt have to pause, you just Dont know how angry and furious I am right now.

Maybe she her financial situation has changed since she made the promise
Life happens

1 Like

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jan 12, 2016
tearoses:

Maybe she her financial situation has changed since she made the promise
Life happens
and she has been tellin everyone everything is taken care of, anyways, thanks for your time.
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Jahblessme: 11:02pm On Jan 12, 2016
Unfortunately Op,you seem to be unable to absorb what everyone here is telling you.Maybe because you are upset.
You seem to believe she's not paying the fees on purpose and she's holding you back,using you as a houseboy.Seems all the help you were rendering at home was just because she was paying your fees and now she's unable to keep up,she's now a demon.

I don't think you know.it,but you are coming across as an entitled ingrate and you are only going to wind up on a slippery slope going further down if you continue with this attitude. Don't use your hand to block yourself.

Isn't this the woman you were praising a while back? What if she's in difficulty? If you know you could sort yourself out why didn't you do it since instead of saddling her with your fees?? Many relatives would do much less for you.Have you asked her if shed facing difficulties? Have you appealed to her sense of mercy and fairness? With the way you are coming across I see why anyone would be reluctant to even help. Let me just believe it's your way of writing.

The fact that your father trained her is meaningless or was he training her to prepare her to train you too??I'm sure she remembered how your dad helped her and that's why she of her own accord took you in and all you can spew now is bad stuff.

Advice yourself my dear and tell all those putting bad thoughts into your head to get behind you.

If she's no longer able to keep up.with the fees something must have changed and that's what should be of concern to you..alleviating her stress and also helping her to see helping you as a priority.

Good luck,you'd best listen to what people who have been in your situation and even worse have been telling you up on this thread.

5 Likes

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Richy4(m): 11:13pm On Jan 12, 2016
I do understand how you are feeling especially when you think your project is behind... Anyone telling you that they were happy doing what ever job or chore they did in the past against their will is simply lying to you...more especially when you are doing it with insults and harsh words....

But in this case, I suggest you don't paint her with a bad brush because she has tried her best, Besides, she was not your parents, she was just an angel trying to rescue you from future poverty but now she was kind of feeling tired.....

I know that you did not do anything to hurt her... a lot of thing must have been going through her mind like, will he ever remember the fact that I trained him, will he look after me at old age etc... and some friends she keeps might be giving her bad advise about so many people that got disappointed after training their nephew or nieces.....

Calm her down by doing all those domestic chores that you have been doing with good heart... everything will be fine.. like how much do you think you are owing the school? You can just say it.. you never can tell, good Samaritans might come from NL

1 Like

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jan 12, 2016
Jahblessme:
Unfortunately Op,you seem to be unable to absorb what everyone here is telling you.Maybe because you are upset.
You seem to believe she's not paying the fees on purpose and she's holding you back,using you as a houseboy.Seems all the help you were rendering at home was just because she was paying your fees and now she's unable to keep up,she's now a demon.

I don't think you know.it,but you are coming across as an entitled ingrate and you are only going to wind up on a slippery slope going further down if you continue with this attitude. Don't use your hand to block yourself.

Isn't this the woman you were praising a while back? What if she's in difficulty? If you know you could sort yourself out why didn't you do it since instead of saddling her with your fees?? Many relatives would do much less for you.Have you asked her if shed facing difficulties? Have you appealed to her sense of mercy and fairness? With the way you are coming across I see why anyone would be reluctant to even help. Let me just believe it's your way of writing.

The fact that your father trained her is meaningless or was he training her to prepare her to train you too??I'm sure she remembered how your dad helped her and that's why she of her own accord took you in and all you can spew now is bad stuff.

Advice yourself my dear and tell all those putting bad thoughts into your head to get behind you.

If she's no longer able to keep up.with the fees something must have changed and that's what should be of concern to you..alleviating her stress and also helping her to see helping you as a priority.

Good luck,you'd best listen to what people who have been in your situation and even worse have been telling you up on this thread.
it all come down to one thing, no more listening to empty promises abeg, I have to pause right here, go out to hustle my way back to graduation, if she had difficulties, she would have told me instead of developing harsh words to the extend of mentioning my late father into it all, what if I didn't go apologising to her is evening for no offence committed. See ehn, thank you sir, I hear you.

1 Like

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jan 12, 2016
Richy4:
I do understand how you are feeling especially when you think your project is behind... Anyone telling you that they were happy doing what ever job or chore they did in the past against their will is simply lying to you...more especially when you are doing it with insults and harsh words....

But in this case, I suggest you don't paint her with a bad brush because she has tried her best, Besides, she was not your parents, she was just an angel trying to rescue you from future poverty but now she was kind of feeling tired.....

I know that you did not do anything to hurt her... a lot of thing must have been going through her mind like, will he ever remember the fact that I trained him, will he look after me at old age etc... and some friends she keeps might be giving her bad advise about so many people that got disappointed after training their nephew or nieces.....

Calm her down by doing all those domestic chores that you have been doing with good heart... everything will be fine.. like how much do you think you are owing the school? You can just say it.. you never can tell, good Samaritans might come from NL
God will bless you, I Dont need help from anyone, I will work my way up, I am 24years, I have some time, who knows if this is destiny. I will strive
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Richy4(m): 11:26pm On Jan 12, 2016
ViNeHaNds:
God will bless you, I Dont need help from anyone, I will work my way up, I am 24years, I have some time, who knows if this is destiny. I will strive

I know that you are young and you can work your way to the top. but there's no one on this planet who doesn't need help... even the richest men gets financial help some times.... they borrow from banks, from friends etc knowing they will pay back...

That's something I want to draw your attention to. If you have someone that can help, do not be ashamed to ask.. it's just for the main time... you will pay back in full....

2 Likes

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jan 12, 2016
Richy4:

I know that you are young and you can work your way to the top. but there's no one on this planet who doesn't need help... even the richest men gets financial help some times.... they borrow from banks, from friends etc knowing they will pay back...

That's something I want to draw your attention to. If you have someone that can help, do not be ashamed to ask.. it's just for the main time... you will pay back in full....
Thanks alot
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by cococandy(f): 11:57pm On Jan 12, 2016
If you want her to treat you like her own child, treat her like your own mom.
You can't expect her to foot 100% of your bills yet you're here complaining about doing dishes for her and working for her.
If your mom was supporting you 100%, would you even question any chores she tells you to do?
BTW you're not a child anymore. If you can find something on the side to support yourself while you're rounding up your schooling, it will be beneficial to you.
I worked while in school even though I had parents that provided for me. The little I made on the side helped me a lot. At 24 you're not a baby anymore.I can't imagine why you need to be told to hustle seeing that in your case, someone who's not your direct parent is the one responsible for you.
Pls don't have that entitlement mentality. She owes you nothing. And I'm sure has her own family responsibilities too.

You don't have to get an 'office' job (good if you find one). If you can't, look for jobs in fast foods around you, gas stations, supermarkets etc. Anything that can give you small income and you can do part time so you have time for your project too. Good thing you're done with classes everyday.

4 Likes

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Nobody: 12:12am On Jan 13, 2016
cococandy:
If you want her to treat you like her own child, treat her like your own mom.
You can't expect her to foot 100% of your bills yet you're here complaining about doing dishes for her and working for her.
If your mom was supporting you 100%, would you even question any chores she tells you to do?
BTW you're not a child anymore. If you can find something on the side to support yourself while you're rounding up your schooling, it will be beneficial to you.
I worked while in school even though I had parents that provided for me. The little I made on the side helped me a lot. At 24 you're not a baby anymore.I can't imagine why you need to be told to hustle seeing that in your case, someone who's not your direct parent is the one responsible for you.
Pls don't have that entitlement mentality. She owes you nothing. And I'm sure has her own family responsibilities too.

You don't have to get an 'office' job (good if you find one). If you can't, look for jobs in fast foods around you, gas stations, supermarkets etc. Anything that can give you small income and you can do part time so you have time for your project too. Good thing you're done with classes everyday.

how else can a mother b treated than the roles I have played, if I lived with my own mom, I wouldn't even do so much and later be this disappointed, so , just say something else please, Dont jus go there you not in my shoes and have never been, and right now? No mum will do this to her son. She didn't bother paying those bills when they were in bits, I was a fool to think she had somethin worked out now that its all piled up.
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by cococandy(f): 12:18am On Jan 13, 2016
tearoses:
This same aunty?

Fear God o!
Can you imagine!
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by cococandy(f): 12:18am On Jan 13, 2016
ViNeHaNds:
my real mum, just say something else please, Dont jus go there you not in my shoes and have never been, and right now? No mum will do this to her son. She didn't bother paying those bills when they were in bits, I was a fool to think she had somethin worked out now that its all piled up.
Oh shut up please.

3 Likes

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Nobody: 12:23am On Jan 13, 2016
cococandy:

Oh shut up please.
please can you move along?,if you de find quarrel, you obviously took the wrong turn, thank you anyways for stopping by.
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Nobody: 12:28am On Jan 13, 2016
cococandy:

Can you imagine!
imagine what? Exactly!
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by cococandy(f): 12:34am On Jan 13, 2016
ViNeHaNds:
imagine what? Exactly! Your type sha.
So if I give you 10k now that's how you'll open a thread to insult me because I didn't pay everything you owe at once.

Don't worry one day you'll have surplus. It's only a matter of time.
You'll be in the position to help others. And how'll see how it feels if the little you do is unappreciated.

3 Likes

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Nobody: 12:38am On Jan 13, 2016
cococandy:

So if I give you 10k now that's how you'll open a thread to insult me because I didn't pay everything you owe at once.

You'll be in the position to help others. And how'll see how it feels if the little you do is unappreciated.
ok

2 Likes

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by kweenkong(f): 1:36am On Jan 13, 2016
At Op I have come to the same conclusion as most poster. Your sense of entitlement will be your greatest undoing. With one side of your mouth you praise her and cbring her down with the other side.

She uses u like houseboy but she feeds and gives u a roof over your head.
She deceived you abi because she promised u money and she couldn't deliver.

Op life is waiting for you in a few years just maybe you would understand her struggles. Instead of you get of your butt and hustle you are here lamenting that she isn't helping. I ask again do you know her struggles.

U posted ur issues to hear people tell you that she is evil and wicked but in reality I don't know her and so can't judge but from you tone of writing you a Lazy,entitled, myopic and ungrateful child.

Yes I said child as real men would stop lamenting and think of practical ways to solve there problems.
And don't come at me with a sob story of not knowing your story you don't know mine either.

2 Likes

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Miami11: 2:02am On Jan 13, 2016
Poster everyone has agree unanimously you have an issue

Will washing dishes kill you na! Wash dishes, house, roof, floor ask for even more work

Please her first, then sit down and voice your grievance, don't try bring attitude with her because you will not win.

2 Likes

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by TheCongo2: 3:51am On Jan 13, 2016
cococandy:

Please don't summarize this entire issue to money. It is not just about the money, it is how he is been treated by someone who suppose to love and protect him.

OP, I am not of the opinion of most of the posters here. It seems like no one is able to understand your plight. You have come to the wrong place for advice.
It is unfortunate that your bully is been perceived as a victim. Many of them will never understand until they walk in your shoes.

1 Like

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Nobody: 5:33am On Jan 13, 2016
TheCongo2:

Please don't summarize this entire issue to money. It is not just about the money, it is how he is been treated by someone who suppose to love and protect him.

OP, I am not of the opinion of most of the posters here. It seems like no one is able to understand your plight. You have come to the wrong place for advice.
It is unfortunate that your bully is been perceived as a victim. Many of them will never understand until they walk in your shoes.
I have been more obedient than even her own 15 years old daughter, yet i broke down apologising for nothing, I have done what it will take any of this posters themselves to not do what this woman is doing to me, can't she borrow for my sake?, I am sure she doesn't even need to, she now thinks I am not worth it, by the way her earnings is not needed much in her home, her husband carters for everything.

1 Like

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Nobody: 5:37am On Jan 13, 2016
Miami11:
Poster everyone has agree unanimously you have an issue

Will washing dishes kill you na! Wash dishes, house, roof, floor ask for even more work

Please her first, then sit down and voice your grievance, don't try bring attitude with her because you will not win.
who is complaining about washing anything, that has been what I have done for the past 5years.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is She Cheating Already? / I Want To Name My Next Child "fabregas"! Please, What's Your Honest Opinion? / Would You Allow Your Child Play Soccer At The Expense Of Education?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.