Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,650 members, 7,813,194 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

when your helper turns her back- advice please - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / when your helper turns her back- advice please (6428 Views)

Woman Turns Husband To House Boy Over N2.5m Gift / Man Turns slowpoke After Impregnating Daughter Twice (pics) / 17-Year-Old Girl Got Pregnant, Chased Out Of Family House, Turns Beggar (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Nobody: 10:35am On Jan 14, 2016
-
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by blessedtwins: 10:53am On Jan 14, 2016
Why has she said u shdnt work?Convince her it wouldn't disturb what you do for her domestically
You need to man up.Hustle brov
And Prayers work wonders.
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Jahblessme: 11:03am On Jan 14, 2016
@Op,if you insist you want to work what will she do?You cannot just be there watching unfortunately.You may have to talk to her reasonably and say you know it's been difficult for her to help with the fees and you appreciate it but that you are a man and want to work to sort your fees out then take it from there.That you will still help out where you can but finishing your education is important to you.
Pele oo.

@ amunkita
think you are stuck with the name,you can't change it.

@blessedtwins
How are things with you now? Have you escaped? I normally just silently read your comments and say a prayer for you that you get out of that situation.This is 2016 abeg,time to be free.I wish you all the best.
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Nobody: 11:10am On Jan 14, 2016
ViNeHaNds:
I have heard you all, honestly i am weak right now, Once again i apologise for my stubbornness and rudeness, that is not who i am, this situation has sunk me. Please forgive me. The question is where do i start now, my aunt has said her problems, i dont see help here soon, what she couldnt fix in past two years, whats the hope now, i dont know if she is using this suppose problems as excuse, dont wanna judge that. But the idea of looking for a job to do, she has turned it down. This is more confusing abeg. Moving out is no good idea too. Please what do i do now

@vinehands how much are you owing the school and how much is between you graduating this year.
Secondly where are you based? So that people who can offer you jobs know where you are

When you are calm talk to your aunty and ask her what she wants you to do regardng your education
Pele lako pele labo.
Ask her in a way that will appeal to her conscience
Talk to her like a son will talk to his mother
She is human, she has held your hand thus far and I am sure that she too will want the work of her hand to be successful and complete.
If she is genuigly broke and cant afford to pay any more than she is paying, appeal to her to let you go out there and hustle

Contact TEHN too
they may be able to help in some way

All the best.
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jan 14, 2016
tearoses:

@vinehands how much are you owing the school and how much is between you graduating this year.
Secondly where are you based? So that people who can offer you jobs know where you are

When you are calm talk to your aunty and ask her what she wants you to do regardng your education
Pele lako pele labo.
Ask her in a way that will appeal to her conscience
Talk to her like a son will talk to his mother
She is human, she has held your hand thus far and I am sure that she too will want the work of her hand to be successful and complete.
If she is genuigly broke and cant afford to pay any more than she is paying, appeal to her to let you go out there and hustle

Contact TEHN too
they may be able to help in some way

All the best.

40% 2nd year fee, 2years school fees, and project, its a little above 160k, i am base in akwaibom state, schools in crossriver. . . Pls I dont know how to contact TEHN
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by blessedtwins: 3:34pm On Jan 14, 2016
Jahblessme thank you for your concern.
Escape in sight.
God showed up.
Things have fallen into place.
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Jahblessme: 7:05pm On Jan 14, 2016
blessedtwins:
Jahblessme thank you for your concern.
Escape in sight.
God showed up.
Things have fallen into place.

All the best dear,will be crossing my fingers for you and hoping it all goes well. smiley
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jan 14, 2016
ViNeHaNds:
40% 2nd year fee, 2years school fees, and project, its a little above 160k, i am base in akwaibom state, schools in crossriver. . . Pls I dont know how to contact TEHN

160K shocked shocked
and the school still lets you owe that much without doing anything?

Tehn Email is
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jan 14, 2016
ViNeHaNds:

160K shocked shocked

Tehn Email is ehelpersnetwork@gmail.com
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 14, 2016
tearoses:

160K shocked shocked

Tehn Email is ehelpersnetwork@gmail.com
sorry for the questions but pls how do i go about it?
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by ifyalways(f): 10:23pm On Jan 14, 2016
ViNeHaNds:
Which school?

It's strange that a school in this Nigeria could allow a debt of this magnitude undecided

Cc Gboliwe

1 Like

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Nobody: 2:50am On Jan 15, 2016
ifyalways:

Which school?

It's strange that a school in this Nigeria could allow a debt of this magnitude undecided

Cc Gboliwe
UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CALABAR.

In my faculty, Here tuition fees are not checked after 1st year. But Its important You register courses. When ever my department makes attempts to check, we debtor have means of hidding.
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Gboliwe: 6:04am On Jan 15, 2016
Ifyalways, whatappin na?

ViNeHaNds:
and she has been tellin everyone everything is taken care of, anyways, thanks for your time.

If your Aunt tells everyone everything is fine, why are you still bothered? Abi, is she like my own Aunt too whose words one can't rely on?

@Ifyalways, its a federal University. Things like that happen. In my set back then in school, most of my mates from across faculties owed so much the school held on to all our certificates. The set after us got their certs before us because of that. Federal schools (then) don't pressurise students for some fees. They simply wait for you at the bus stop (final year clearance). If you know your way around school, once you are in, you can go through school till your final year without making some payments. But, you won't get the cert.till you have paid to the last farthing at the current rate.
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by ifyalways(f): 6:25am On Jan 15, 2016
Gboliwe:
Ifyalways, whatappin na?

If your Aunt tells everyone everything is fine, why are you still bothered? Abi, is she like my own Aunt too whose words one can't rely on?

@Ifyalways, its a federal University. Things like that happen. In my set back then in school, most of my mates from across faculties owed so much the school held on to all our certificates. The set after us got their certs before us because of that. Federal schools (then) don't pressurise students for some fees. They simply wait for you at the bus stop (final year clearance). If you know your way around school, once you are in, you can go through school till your final year without making some payments. But, you won't get the cert.till you have paid to the last farthing at the current rate.
Don't mind me jare. Once I see CRS/Ak/umuahia my mind goes straight to your username.

Thanks for the info.
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by ifyalways(f): 6:30am On Jan 15, 2016
ViNeHaNds:
UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CALABAR.

In my faculty, Here tuition fees are not checked after 1st year. But Its important You register courses. When ever my department makes attempts to check, we debtor have means of hidding.
Did your aunt ask you to wait so she can get herself together or outrightly tell you she's not clearing the debts anymore?

If she's asked for time, why are you worried and assume she does not want to help anymore? Is there a deadline, why the sudden rush?

It's January, so many parents are overwhelmed now with debts and responsibilities,plus the economy is verrrrry bad. You should have some faith, do your part of the house work diligently, do away with negativity and also look for something to do to earn some money on your free time.
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Gboliwe: 8:21am On Jan 15, 2016
ifyalways:

Don't mind me jare. Once I see CRS/Ak/umuahia my mind goes straight to your username.

Thanks for the info.

Next time your mind travels, just ask for my Account number. That's the only way I will agree you are missing me tongue
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Enoquin(f): 2:04pm On Jan 15, 2016
I agree that you should clarify with your aunt on why you shouldn't work, and try convincing her to let you to. If you are based in Uyo, you should be checking out the Post Office for jobs that would suit you.
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jan 15, 2016
Enoquin:
I agree that you should clarify with your aunt on why you shouldn't work, and try convincing her to let you to. If you are based in Uyo, you should be checking out the Post Office for jobs that would suit you.
i will let some days go by before raising the discussion up again with her, meanwhile what kind of jobs is available at the post office?
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Enoquin(f): 3:58pm On Jan 15, 2016
ViNeHaNds:
i will let some days go by before raising the discussion up again with her, meanwhile what kind of jobs is available at the post office?

From menial jobs to average and good ones. There are always different sorts posted on the board for at most a week or so. My sister got a job as a graphics designer in a small firm, whilst waiting for service last two years, from a notice at the post office.

1 Like

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by rolled: 4:42pm On Jan 15, 2016
The problem of most Nigerian youths
They see school as the end
What did you study in school
How about building yourself in your career path
And yes you don't need your certificate before you build yourself
So what did you study?
Let's start from here

1 Like

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jan 15, 2016
rolled:
The problem of most Nigerian youths They see school as the end What did you study in school How about building yourself in your career path And yes you don't need your certificate before you build yourself So what did you study? Let's start from here
biochemistry
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jan 19, 2016
Please check it out

https://www.nairaland.com/2876610/me-out-please

.i am stil stuck here!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Manage Your Money As A Married Woman / Is She Cheating Already? / Men Beware! This Can End That Lovely Marriage/relationship Silently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.