Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,257 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

when your helper turns her back- advice please - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / when your helper turns her back- advice please (6496 Views)

Woman Turns Husband To House Boy Over N2.5m Gift / Man Turns slowpoke After Impregnating Daughter Twice (pics) / 17-Year-Old Girl Got Pregnant, Chased Out Of Family House, Turns Beggar (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by cococandy(f): 6:24am On Jan 13, 2016
You want her to borrow to pay your fees? shocked

Keep typing. It'll become obvious soon why she may be withdrawing her help.
You're comparing yourself to her daughter but scoff at the idea of treating her like your mom.
ViNeHaNds:
I have been more obedient than even her own 15 years old daughter, yet i broke down apologising for nothing, I have done what it will take any of this posters themselves to not do what this woman is doing to me, can't she borrow for my sake?, I am sure she doesn't even need to, she now thinks I am not worth it, by the way her earnings is not needed much in her home, her husband carters for everything.

2 Likes

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Nobody: 6:26am On Jan 13, 2016
cococandy:
You want her to borrow to pay your fees? shocked

Keep typing. It'll become obvious soon why she may be withdrawing her help.
You're comparing yourself to her daughter but scoff at the idea of treating her like your mom.
please I beg you stop commenting here.

I am sorry to say, your comments are detrimental and rather unreasonable on your own part, hence please that's enough already. I appreciate still

1 Like

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by ifyalways(f): 6:33am On Jan 13, 2016
OP, please go out and hustle on your own abeg. It's so easy to make 5K out there so go get it !!!

If you were so industrious, what stopped you from hustling while in school to offset those outstanding bills while u wait for her?

Lazy, ungrateful soul.

5 Likes

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Lumpyy(f): 6:43am On Jan 13, 2016
Poster God will guide you on the steps to take,i dont agree to most of this views too,they decided to misunderstand but dont be bothered.what do u guys want a desperate mind to think?his mates are rounding up in school while hes with an aunt that talks him down and give him chores without any hope of paying his fees,hes stressing she has more than enough too+how many of you will not rely on somone your dad trained to train you too especially when shes capable?and shes giving the impression of 'im taking care of it' to the others too.this same op has praised her in other threads and never complained about the chores until now.Bros hope u are a praying person?u need a lot of it as u mentioned your folks died
mysteriously?may God shine his face upon you and light ur path!

2 Likes

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Nobody: 6:49am On Jan 13, 2016
ifyalways:
OP, please go out and hustle on your own abeg. It's so easy to make 5K out there so go get it !!!

If you were so industrious, what stopped you from hustling while in school to offset those outstanding bills while u wait for her?

Lazy, ungrateful soul.
10k some months, not all months anyways wasn't all that got me to where I am today, I Dont need to spell it out I made some money on my own, so now if I put full time to it, with time , my bills will be paid. You this ladies and unnecessary harsh comments, anyways, take your insults along with you. Thank you
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Nobody: 6:52am On Jan 13, 2016
Lumpyy:
Poster God will guide you on the steps to take,i dont agree to most of this views too,they decided to misunderstand but dont be bothered.what do u guys want a desperate mind to think?his mates are rounding up in school while hes with an aunt that talks him down and give him chores without any hope of paying his fees,hes stressing she has more than enough too+how many of you will not rely on somone your dad trained to train you too especially when shes capable?and shes giving the impression of 'im taking care of it' to the others too.this same op has praised her in other threads and never complained about the chores until now.Bros hope u are a praying person?u need a lot of it as u mentioned your folks died
mysteriously?may God shine his face upon you and light ur path!
sister, I am so grateful, may your children never see shame, I have made up my mind, I am leaving here today to sort my future out, I know my abilities, I will make it
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by cococandy(f): 7:05am On Jan 13, 2016
ViNeHaNds:
please I beg you stop commenting here.

I am sorry to say, your comments are detrimental and rather unreasonable on your own part, hence please that's enough already. I appreciate still
shut up

Which comments are detrimental? My first post here encouraged you to look for a job and find your own way and also try to do what she expects of you as you would do your own parent.

Is there any part of that comment that wasn't about giving you the 'advice' you claimed to want.
Instead you ended up telling me I've never been in your shoes.

In other words only those who are willing to help you cuss your aunt out are welcome to comment on your silly thread.
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Nobody: 7:29am On Jan 13, 2016
cococandy:
shut up

Which comments are detrimental? My first post here encouraged you to look for a job and find your own way and also try to do what she expects of you as you would do your own parent.

Is there any part of that comment that wasn't about giving you the 'advice' you claimed to want.
Instead you ended up telling me I've never been in your shoes.

In order words only those who are willing to help you cuss your aunt out are welcome to comment on your silly thread.

You even more affected than the OP, , , you want to be an issue here, smh! Are you angry?

This is crious o, God safe me.
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by rofemiguwa(f): 7:39am On Jan 13, 2016
I understand d op. Imagine if school fees is 40k and in 3yrs d aunt has paid. That is 120k now pplus project dues pplus being at d risk of losing ur admission when u can't sort ursef out. That is why he is so angry. He pprobably may have to do an extrayr if he can't clear his project and bills now and all this cause 'his savior turned on him' that is enuf to brk anyone down.

You guys shud cut him so slack. I don't tink he is ungrateful. I tink he is crashing out under the pressure of all the realities facing him. That is why he sound so pained.

Op this is life, it is giving u lemons now, make lemonade out of it but don't go into anytin illegal. Give ur aunt some space, she mgt have issues u don't know about or even have new 'advisers' but don't stop resppecting her. Do the chores when u r around, it won't kill u. U have always done it. Collect wat she gives u, say thank u. Go back to school and look for sometin to do, ask friends if dy know any menial jobs u can do. Lots of students train demselves doing small smaLl tinz like dt.

If u are friendly with ur HOD, u can meet him and explain ur situation and wat u r doing abt it, so he can cut u some slack when it comes To submitting ur pproject and paying up ur debts.

God bless and favor u.

4 Likes

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by rofemiguwa(f): 7:40am On Jan 13, 2016
I understand d op. Imagine if school fees is 40k and in 3yrs d aunt hasnt paid. That is 120k now pplus project dues pplus being at d risk of losing ur admission when u can't sort ursef out. That is why he is so angry. He pprobably may have to do an extrayr if he can't clear his project and bills now and all this cause 'his savior turned on him' that is enuf to brk anyone down.

You guys shud cut him so slack. I don't tink he is ungrateful. I tink he is crashing out under the pressure of all the realities facing him. That is why he sound so pained.

Op this is life, it is giving u lemons now, make lemonade out of it but don't go into anytin illegal. Give ur aunt some space, she mgt have issues u don't know about or even have new 'advisers' but don't stop resppecting her. Do the chores when u r around, it won't kill u. U have always done it. Collect wat she gives u, say thank u. Go back to school and look for sometin to do, ask friends if dy know any menial jobs u can do. Lots of students train demselves doing small smaLl tinz like dt.

If u are friendly with ur HOD, u can meet him and explain ur situation and wat u r doing abt it, so he can cut u some slack when it comes To submitting ur pproject and paying up ur debts.

God bless and favor u.

2 Likes

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Nobody: 7:46am On Jan 13, 2016
rofemiguwa:
I understand d op. Imagine if school fees is 40k and in 3yrs d aunt hasnt paid. That is 120k now pplus project dues pplus being at d risk of losing ur admission when u can't sort ursef out. That is why he is so angry. He pprobably may have to do an extrayr if he can't clear his project and bills now and all this cause 'his savior turned on him' that is enuf to brk anyone down.

God bless and favor u.
thank you, may God keep you
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Onegai(f): 9:18am On Jan 13, 2016
OP, whilst everyone understands your pain, you sound ungrateful to the point of off-putting. You demand your aunt even borrows money to help you pay for your school fees. You're a man of 24 years whining about something you have to do only during holiday periods when everyone knows 20 year olds plaiting hair in the dorms to raise schoolfees. Your aunt gave you N10, 000 at least a few times a year plus foodstuffs but you're upset it came at a price of you having to humble yourself. You are mouthing off to people who can actually help you on NL (I believe one of them helped someone whose child needed surgery to raise over N1million) and looking for people to agree with you that your aunt is bad.

Can you see how you've made yourself look bad? Do you know you could have asked for help here and people would have done a bit? Do you think anyone will do so now? Good luck opening a fresh moniker and trying to hide behind that.

1 Like

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Nobody: 9:35am On Jan 13, 2016
Onegai:
OP, whilst everyone understands your pain, you sound ungrateful to the point of off-putting. You demand your aunt even borrows money to help you pay for your school fees. You're a man of 24 years whining about something you have to do only during holiday periods when everyone knows 20 year olds plaiting hair in the dorms to raise schoolfees. Your aunt gave you N10, 000 at least a few times a year plus foodstuffs but you're upset it came at a price of you having to humble yourself. You are mouthing off to people who can actually help you on NL (I believe one of them helped someone whose child needed surgery to raise over N1million) and looking for people to agree with you that your aunt is bad.

Can you see how you've made yourself look bad? Do you know you could have asked for help here and people would have done a bit? Do you think anyone will do so now? Good luck opening a fresh moniker and trying to hide behind that.
I won't open any fresh moniker, I Dont need your pity, i came here for advice, if I look bad and ungrateful before you, for the reason? I Dont know., then so be it. The insults and bashing only makes me stronger, this woman doesn't need to borrow any money to pay, I just discovered i wasnt in her plans

1 Like

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by zemaye: 12:28pm On Jan 13, 2016
op

just straight advise because I am truly suprised you waited this long
to give yourself headway.
NEVER EVER EXPECT
ANYTHING FROM ANYONE!!!
It is clear your expectation
made you too relaxed!!!
follow Menix advise by enjoying the chores you
do for your aunt and ask for more, you
will at least have peace and roof over your head
IMPORTANTLY
go and get a job
it baffles me to no end seeing young guys and girls
not taking pride in earning their bread embarassed
get a job and be humble , you will get help beyond your expectation.
lastly YOU and only YOU
are responsible for yourself and what you get
out of life!

2 Likes

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by zemaye: 12:34pm On Jan 13, 2016
on reading further
you seem to attack people
that are here to advise you sad
not good at all!
have a rethink and retrace your steps smiley

1 Like

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by An0nimus: 12:55pm On Jan 13, 2016
I'm lost on the kind of advice the OP is looking for.

You even have an aunt that thought of you going to the university. smh

You don't need pity, you obviously don't need reasonable advice. Keep living with this negative energy, get out of her house, 'hustle', pay your fees and plan to pay her back in kind when you make it later in life. In fact then always remind her and her daughter how they almost killed you with dirty plates and never help them should they come asking.

mtchwww

1 Like

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by laundryking: 12:57pm On Jan 13, 2016
Your clothes need your attention too take advantage of our 20% discount this janauary,to start your new year feeling fresh and looking smart all year round.
#LAUNDRYKING Not just a laundry outfit,we are your fabric care professionals.
For enquiries,free pickup & delivery pls call:08162259669,07011162336,08162814732,08131380848
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by amunkita(m): 2:28pm On Jan 13, 2016
ViNeHaNds:
10k some months, not all months anyways wasn't all that got me to where I am today, I Dont need to spell it out I made some money on my own, so now if I put full time to it, with time , my bills will be paid. You this ladies and unnecessary harsh comments, anyways, take your insults along with you. Thank you

Guy, maybe what interest me in ur case is that u re as stubborn as my immediate junior brother who takes no sh1t..

Look at what majority re saying, u ve got an attitude if am to give a brief about you.

I ve advised u earlier with a different moniker but u seem to go with ur Kind(Lumpyy) who eats 3 square meal nd ve excess to spare.

What u ve gone through is like a tea spoon of water in an ocean compared to what my snr. Broda saw in the hands of my uncle.

He fed chickens as in big poultry with thousand of birds, manned a cassava grinding shop(if u ve any idea the stress it takes) nd has burnt scar on him when my uncle threw an ignited can of fuel on him while they burnt bones used for Feeds.
All this was to get his school fees paid that was less than 5k yet he was humble.

Just like I said earlier, if it was possible giving u a slap to reset that pride in you, I will....

5 Likes

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jan 13, 2016
MY SINCERE APOLOGIES TO EVERYONE I HAVE RESPONDED RUDELY TO, IT WASNT INTENTIONAL, i am sorry

2 Likes

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jan 13, 2016
I dont know why you all will label me ingrate and proud. I dont know the right thing to do right now. Please if you know, kindly tell me, thank you
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by zed7: 5:24pm On Jan 13, 2016
ViNeHaNds:
since my year2 she started showing this character, she has paid no bills for me since then, she was always promising. I dont bother her much, she gives me when she wants to, although always below requirements. Unless when i spend my holidays working for her i get food stuffs to return with else my schooling is by the grace of God

You have a sense of entitlement. Many people abroad work to pay their fees, even those with parents. We are sometimes over indulged in Nigeria.

My friend, the way i live my life without disappointment is to believe nobody owes me anything and anything anybody gives me is a privilege. Go and work and pay your fees. Writing exams for people isn't work, get your lazy ass up and get a job.

2 Likes

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jan 13, 2016
zed7:

You have a sense of entitlement. Many people abroad work to pay their fees, even those with parents. We are sometimes over indulged in Nigeria.

My friend, the way i live my life without disappointment is to believe nobody owes me anything and anything anybody gives me is a privilege. Go and work and pay your fees. Writing exams for people isn't work, get your lazy ass up and get a job.
what i did in school to survive was then, it fetch just am okay amount of money, the system abroad aint the same here sir, i agree to work sir, but i talk to her, she said not from her house, telling me @ 23years where am i running to, that she went for service at 31years, that i have time, i should wait, i dont understand what she means, i dont wanna ask her more questions. What do i do?

1 Like

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Lumpyy(f): 6:34pm On Jan 13, 2016
tongue
amunkita:

Guy, maybe what interest me in ur case is that u re as stubborn as my immediate junior brother who takes no sh1t..

Look at what majority re saying, u ve got an attitude if am to give a brief about you.

I ve advised u earlier with a different moniker but u seem to go with ur Kind(Lumpyy) who eats 3 square meal nd ve excess to spare.

What u ve gone through is like a tea spoon of water in an ocean compared to what my snr. Broda saw in the hands of my uncle.

He fed chickens as in big poultry with thousand of birds, manned a cassava grinding shop(if u ve any idea the stress it takes) nd has burnt scar on him when my uncle threw an ignited can of fuel on him while they burnt bones used for Feeds.
All this was to get his school fees paid that was less than 5k yet he was humble.

Just like I said earlier, if it was possible giving u a slap to reset that pride in you, I will....
This is very funny.....!how did u arrive at ur facts of me being born with a silver spoon?the majority does not have to be right sir!you dont judge others on your own perspectives.he doesnt sound ungrateful to me cos hes called the aunty his saviour several times,u dont want to know what iv been through myself so relax ehn grin
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by amunkita(m): 7:05pm On Jan 13, 2016
Lumpyy:
tongue
This is very funny.....!how did u arrive at ur facts of me being born with a silver spoon?the majority does not have to be right sir!you dont judge others on your own perspectives.he doesnt sound ungrateful to me cos hes called the aunty his saviour several times,u dont want to know what iv been through myself so relax ehn grin

Point of correction, I did not say u were given birth with a silver spoon talkless Aluminium cous me nd you nah confirm Aje-Kpako.

Well for the issue at hand, I ve decided not to bug mysef any longer.

Abeg u get garri 4 house Me I get sugar. tongue
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Jahblessme: 12:51am On Jan 14, 2016
Nice username@ amunkita. shocked
How pesin go name himself that kain name? Nawa oga,I bow oo!! grin grin
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by amunkita(m): 12:57am On Jan 14, 2016
Jahblessme:
Nice username@ amunkita. shocked
How pesin go name himself that kain name? Nawa oga,I bow oo!! grin grin

Jahbless. Nah baptismal name wey dem give me for St. Abana cathedral Okigwe..

Is it possible for me to go back nd get a change?
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Nobody: 7:36am On Jan 14, 2016
This life is always a learning experience

I have been on NL for a number of years and I have seen plenty

@ vinehands Young man you need to change, You also need to pray very hard that you do not miss success just at the very edge of breakthrough. You also need to Pray for favour and pray for wisdom.

People with half your problem have been rallied round and assisted. Even some scammers with sob stories are helped (ive fallen victim to one) not to talk of people with real issues.

You came here insulting your aunty and everyone who tried to make you reason otherwise. Someone actually codedly offered you money but you insulted her.

Many Nairalanders have hearts and the way ive seen it work here time and time again is that if a story is verified and one person donates, other people feel confident enough to donate.
Instead you used your mouth to scatter everything

BTW No one is asking you to beg for anything before you insult me

What I am saying is that you know what your needs are and you should be able to detail those needs in a mature manner. Remember i told you that at the end of the day people close down their laptops and you are the one left with the problem.

Insulting your aunty and everyone else has not removed a penny from your debt or added a penny towards you graduating on time.

Madam ifyalways that you insulted is very good at linking people with jobs/hustle. She is a walking encyclopedia when it comes to these issues.

There is also a charity here on Nairaland but in your quest to blow everyone/everything down you didn't even give an opportunity for that to be mentioned.

At 24 you are not a kid any more. You need to change your ways. You are going out to the outside world soon.
Gra gra does not solve all problems. you will miss opportunities if you continue like this.
I wish you all the best.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by zanyzara: 8:00am On Jan 14, 2016
ViNeHaNds:
MY SINCERE APOLOGIES TO EVERYONE I HAVE RESPONDED RUDELY TO, IT WASNT INTENTIONAL, i am sorry

@ ifyalways, amunkita, tearoses, cococandy et al

Please help him Ooooo, he has come to his sensessmiley

I don't know him from Adam neither is this an alternate moniker just that i have a brother that is as headstrong as he is and believes he can always work his way out only to come groveling at your feet when his supposed "solution" didn't work out smiley

I have always secretly admired your helping spirit @ ifyalways,please do not be discouraged. God bless you all!
Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by thorpido(m): 8:04am On Jan 14, 2016
tearoses:
This life is always a learning experience

I have been on NL for a number of years and I have seen plenty

@ vinehands Young man you need to change, You also need to pray very hard that you do not miss success just at the very edge of breakthrough. You also need to Pray for favour and pray for wisdom.

People with half your problem have been rallied round and assisted. Even some scammers with sob stories are helped (ive fallen victim to one) not to talk of people with real issues.

You came here insulting your aunty and everyone who tried to make you reason otherwise. Someone actually codedly offered you money but you insulted her.

Many Nairalanders have hearts and the way ive seen it work here time and time again is that if a story is verified and one person donates, other people feel confident enough to donate.
Instead you used your mouth to scatter everything

BTW No one is asking you to beg for anything before you insult me

What I am saying is that you know what your needs are and you should be able to detail those needs in a mature manner. Remember i told you that at the end of the day people close down their laptops and you are the one left with the problem.

Insulting your aunty and everyone else has not removed a penny from your debt or added a penny towards you graduating on time.

Madam ifyalways that you insulted is very good at linking people with jobs/hustle. She is a walking encyclopedia when it comes to these issues.

There is also a charity here on Nairaland but in your quest to blow everyone/everything down you didn't even give an opportunity for that to be mentioned.

At 24 you are not a kid any more. You need to change your ways. You are going out to the outside world soon.
Gra gra does not solve all problems. you will miss opportunities if you continue like this.
I wish you all the best.
Vinehands,you will do well to heed these words.I believe what you want is a solution and most especially to pay your debts and graduate,not to just complain or insult people because that does not settle debts.Learn to be humble too.It will help you in life.

1 Like

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by VintageCocktail(m): 8:19am On Jan 14, 2016
Seems my guys bullets has finished after firing from all cylinders.

Mellow down bro, things will work out for good.
Respect is reciprocal....an old saying.

2 Likes

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by blessedtwins: 8:47am On Jan 14, 2016
Op I wont say I kno what you are going through but I can only imagine.Firstly I think u will do well to hold on to God firmly he is the only dependable being
I don't think you feel entitled,I think you feel cheated that you fulfilled you side of the bargain by doing the house chores and your aunt refused to fulfill her own side.
That said
Get yourself together and hustle.You can do laundry for a token or teach home lesson to kids
You asked for advice and ppl gave from their perspective.yes some sounded like they know u very well as arrogant and entitled and they could be wrong or right.
Know one thing,ignore comments that you think insult you.
I have bn called a devil(one other even said I set a trap for my abuser-fellow woman) on this forum because I shared a domestic violence experience,yet I didn't reply.
This is what life has handed to you and you shd make the best if it.
Continue to do your house work,be respectful,be grateful for whatever ur aunt can afford to give and hustle

1 Like

Re: when your helper turns her back- advice please by Nobody: 10:22am On Jan 14, 2016
I have heard you all, honestly i am weak right now, Once again i apologise for my stubbornness and rudeness, that is not who i am, this situation has sunk me. Please forgive me. The question is where do i start now, my aunt has said her problems, i dont see help here soon, what she couldnt fix in past two years, whats the hope now, i dont know if she is using this suppose problems as excuse, dont wanna judge that. But the idea of looking for a job to do, she has turned it down. This is more confusing abeg. Moving out is no good idea too. Please what do i do now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

'my Ex-boyfriend Is Blackmailing Me And Ruining My Marriage' / Not Every Mother Deserves Motherly Love. / Help...i Am Finished!the Devil Has Ruined Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.