Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Is The Art Of Conversation Dead? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is The Art Of Conversation Dead? (733 Views)

Guyz, You Have A Date But Short Of Conversation, Try This. / Hilarious Conversation Between A Man & His Ex-Girlfriend Who Cheated On Him / This Side Chick Is Not Scared, See Conversation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Art Of Conversation Dead? by Nobody: 10:39am On Jan 13, 2016
You meet a Girl for the first time, you get her number and you both start communicating on Phone. You do this for a while, say one week,two weeks or more and then Finally you decide to Formally ask Her out, she agrees and you start to Look forward to meeting her with a lot of enthusiasm.

Fast forward to the D-day, You People Hang out at a Place of your choice (could be a cinema or a Restaurant) and you start to notice that you're the only one Bringing up Topics for discussion and all she does is display her mastery of 'Mono-syllabism'. what makes it even worse is that she spends 70 Percent of the time fiddling with her phone and taking quick glances at you while you talk.

I mean its your first date shouldn't You guys Hit it off with a Sizzling conversation? Shouldn't she be more interested in getting to know more about You? could this be what we describe as forming? Is the art of Conversation Truly dead or am I just being an Old fashioned Bloke stuck somewhere in the 90's?

1 Like

Re: Is The Art Of Conversation Dead? by iceberylin(m): 10:42am On Jan 13, 2016
Mehnnnn....This is side stick zone na.. grin
Re: Is The Art Of Conversation Dead? by Kaylexzy(m): 10:43am On Jan 13, 2016
grin
Re: Is The Art Of Conversation Dead? by Affable0709(m): 10:48am On Jan 13, 2016
Quite bad though... probably she didn't meet what shred expected, she could be shy... or your topics are uninteresting... anyways, move on...
Re: Is The Art Of Conversation Dead? by Nobody: 11:06am On Jan 13, 2016
If she was just smiling at you and replying in monosyllables, but still showed interest in you, through her demeanor, gestures and facial expression, then maybe she was shy or is probably not the talking type. But if she was spending 70% of the time fiddling with her phone, like you rightly said, then she definitely wasn't interested in you, or you didn't meet up to her expectations of you, or you weren't interesting yourself or what you were saying wasn't interesting, or maybe you had mouth odor or your accent was repulsive.

But you shouldn't make the mistake of thinking all girls are like that or that conversation is dead. If you bring up an interesting conversation, that piques a girls interest, that girl would definitely discuss it with you. Naturally, girls love to talk and gossip and all that stuff.

With me, it's normally the girls doing most of the talking. And from experience and observation, it seems they enjoy you listening to them as they talk. Girls just love to talk, gosh!

2 Likes

Re: Is The Art Of Conversation Dead? by obiorathesubtle: 11:22am On Jan 13, 2016
grin when she dy sidon for there.. I know say her mind naa... "Ooooohm.. When this idiot go give me money"
Re: Is The Art Of Conversation Dead? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jan 13, 2016
..engaging in a scintillating and intellectually stimulating conversation nowadays is truly a priceless and rare opportunity!
Re: Is The Art Of Conversation Dead? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jan 13, 2016
Decker:
If she was just smiling at you and replying in monosyllables, but still showed interest in you, through her demeanor, gestures and facial expression, then maybe she was shy or is probably not the talking type. But if she was spending 70% of the time fiddling with her phone, like you rightly said, then she definitely wasn't interested in you, or you didn't meet up to her expectations of you, or you weren't interesting yourself or what you were saying wasn't interesting, or maybe you had mouth odor or your accent was repulsive.

But you shouldn't make the mistake of thinking all girls are like that or that conversation is dead. If you bring up an interesting conversation, that peeks a girls interest, that girl would definitely discuss it with you. Naturally, girls love to talk and gossip and all that stuff.

With me, it's normally the girls doing most of the talking. And from experience and observation, it seems they enjoy you listening to them as they talk. Girls just love to talk, gosh!

.I'm not a Boring type even if I say so myself. Dem still dey do research to find cure for my craze, moreover, It was Obvious she enjoyed my Company but I just feel people should be able to carry on a Conversation without Phones and other Gadgets coming Inbetween, I feel she should have asked some questions just to know more about me.

about the mouth odour: Never experienced such before

or could I have Big Y@nsh Breath? Maybe I'm beginning to eat toomuch @ss these days grin.lipsrsealed.
Re: Is The Art Of Conversation Dead? by Bhella5(m): 12:25pm On Jan 13, 2016
DonUjay:
.I'm not a Boring type even if I say so myself. Dem still dey do research to find cure for my craze, moreover, It was Obvious she enjoyed my Company but I just felt she should have asked some questions just to know more about me.

or could I have Big Y@nsh Breath? Maybe I'm beginning to eat toomuch @ss these days grin.lipsrsealed.
Look up "INTROVERT" do the maths.
Re: Is The Art Of Conversation Dead? by Bhella5(m): 2:11pm On Jan 13, 2016
DonUjay:
.This one is High On Corn!

Yes I'm an Introvert and apparently Your Mum Loved me that way...why do you think I scored so many times?
oh...now i see why u couldnt score with a decent one. Attitude. I only meant she could be an introvert, mod do something about this one here.
Re: Is The Art Of Conversation Dead? by PunterTim(m): 2:24pm On Jan 13, 2016
BlaqCoffee109:
..engaging in a scintillating and intellectually stimulating conversation nowadays is truly a priceless and rare opportunity!
Yea,Just Like Wat We Do,Right...
Tho Ours Is Kinda Romantic!
Re: Is The Art Of Conversation Dead? by PunterTim(m): 2:26pm On Jan 13, 2016
DonUjay:
.I'm not a Boring type even if I say so myself. Dem still dey do research to find cure for my craze, moreover, It was Obvious she enjoyed my Company but I just feel people should be able to carry on a Conversation without Phones and other Gadgets coming Inbetween, I feel she should have asked some questions just to know more about me.

Ouch!
Re: Is The Art Of Conversation Dead? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 14, 2016
PunterTim:
Yea,Just Like Wat We Do,Right... Tho Ours Is Kinda Romantic!
hello Tim
Re: Is The Art Of Conversation Dead? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 14, 2016
Re: Is The Art Of Conversation Dead? by PunterTim(m): 4:45pm On Jan 14, 2016
BlaqCoffee109:
hello Tim
Hi Coffee
Re: Is The Art Of Conversation Dead? by tpiah2: 4:55pm On Jan 14, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Guys Surprise Your Girlfriend This Valentine... / This Hilarious Photo Just Made My Valentine / Is It Okay For A Man To Beat A Woman?(video & Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.