Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,246 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Guyz, You Have A Date But Short Of Conversation, Try This. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guyz, You Have A Date But Short Of Conversation, Try This. (578 Views)

I Still Love My Ex Not To Date But She Is Avoiding Me / Lady Left Calabar For Enugu To Meet Her Date But Met 12-year-old Boy Instead / Am Planning My Wedding & Have Given Friends Date But Haven't Gotten A Man - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guyz, You Have A Date But Short Of Conversation, Try This. by oluwaskulboy(m): 11:10am On Apr 23, 2017
Dating just got a whole lot easier. You'll never run out of questions with this arsenal.

IF THERE'S ONE thing that can ruin a first date and ensure a woman's first impression of you is a bad one, it's crappy conversation. You need ice breakers, light-hearted queries, questions that provoke banter, laughter, and thought, as well as questions that dig a bit deeper and go beyond the superficial.

To save you from endless awkward silences, we've compiled 50 first date conversation starters that do all of these things. Plus, they're backed by professionals who know what they're talking about.

Meet the experts: Sarah Jones is a relationship expert, and founder and CEO of coaching website Introverted Alpha, and Sameera Sullivan is the CEO of Lasting Connections, an elite matchmaking service. Read on. Your future dates depend on it.

1. If you could hop on a plane right now, where would you go?
Who doesn't love to travel? Hermits, that's who. If she hates planes, road trips, or has no desire to leave her hometown ever, that's a good indicator of her ambitions and desires (or lackthereof). Otherwise, this question will excite her and you'll learn what's most appealing to her, Jones says. It promotes a good back-and-forth between the two of you.

2. What's something I wouldn't guess about you?
"This is a great ice-breaker because it's a little mischievous and flirtatious," Jones says. "It's a sign you'd like to know her beyond surface level, while still giving her the freedom to reveal what she wants to share—and doesn't."

3. What are you most passionate about?
This question lets you get a sense of what she feels strongly about and whether she's spirited and heartfelt. It's also the perfect way to gauge whether her level of passion is compatible with yours, Jones says.

4. What's your dream job?
"This is a great query because a dream job merges meaning, passion, and lifestyle," Jones explains. Better yet, her reason will be incredibly telling. Is it the money, the impact, the enjoyment? Each of these explanations reveals something about her character.

5. What sort of things make you laugh out loud?
If things get a bit awkward or serious, divert to a more carefree topic. Everyone loves to laugh, and talking about the things that make you both fall into a fit—cheesy pickup lines, dad jokes, a particular YouTube flick—gets the conversation flowing... and both of you laughing. Lots of laughter on a first date is a great sign, Jones says.

6. If work was no longer an option and you had plenty of money, what would you do all day?
This conversation starter can bring a light, playful, untethered feeling into your mix of questions, Jones says. "It's also fascinating to hear anyone's answer," she adds. If she'd watch every television series ever created, and you're an active guy who can't stand to be indoors, well, that shows you might not be super compatible.

7. What do you like most about living here?
This question rocks whether you're new to a city or you've lived there for years. "You get to talk about local places she likes, see what you have in common, bond over the people, culture, and why you moved to the area in the first place," Jones says. Better yet: "Many second date ideas can be born from this question."

8. What's been the most significant or best year of your life so far?
If you want the conversation to become a bit reflective, thoughtful, and meaningful, this is a great fall-back. "Not only do you get to hear about her life story, but the snippet that's most meaningful and important to her," Jones explains.

9. What's one thing you did as a kid that you miss most today?
She'll get a little reminiscent with this conversation starter. It's playful. And who knows, maybe you went to the same camp or vacation spot each summer. "It's fun to see what you might have had in common as kids," Jones says.

10. Who do you talk to the most?
You'll learn about the people closest to her in life. Good: You can see if she has a tight bond with her parents or siblings. Bad: You can see if she's still hung up on an ex. "The five people we're around the most, shape us the most; her relationship to any one of her closest friends and family members tell you a lot about her," Jones says

there are more 40 questions>>> http://www.tycrib.com/2017/04/50-first-date-conversation-starters.html
Re: Guyz, You Have A Date But Short Of Conversation, Try This. by ginajet(f): 11:19am On Apr 23, 2017
I love this.... now I need a date badly

1 Like

Re: Guyz, You Have A Date But Short Of Conversation, Try This. by Nobody: 11:25am On Apr 23, 2017
ginajet:

Oya lets go cool

pm me with your location

1 Like

Re: Guyz, You Have A Date But Short Of Conversation, Try This. by Nollynude: 11:30am On Apr 23, 2017
ginajet:

23-04-2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guyz, You Have A Date But Short Of Conversation, Try This. by Bluezy13(m): 11:34am On Apr 23, 2017
Nollynude:

23-04-2017
Hehehe

(1) (Reply)

Advice Needed / Girls For You (exclusively Baby)redb / 6 Great Tips On Navigating A Long Distance Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.