Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,583 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

$2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 (35699 Views)

How $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is The Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 [must Read] / N2.1bn Arms Money Scandal: What I Know About EFCC Probe Of Dokpesi — Lawyer / Arms, Money, Phones Found In Boko Haram's Hideout (graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

$2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by snailspeed: 12:01pm On Jan 13, 2016
I have been following the so called Dasukigate and I am amazed how easy it is for a government to use the media to deceive and distract the ignorant masses. History has shown that propaganda remains the biggest tool of any government that intends to enslave a people. Unfortnately, even the current opposition has been quite incompetent in putting the records straight

For the records, there is nothing like a $2.1B arms money. It was a propaganda masterstroke well concotted by the DSS and EFCC to distract everyone from the incompetence of the Buhari administration. That is why former president Goodluck Jonathan has come out twice now to put the records staright that he never approved any $2.1B arms money. But it seems the ignorant masses still dont get it. So where did the "$2.1B arms money" headline originate from?

$2.1B was the monies that was allocated to the office of the NSA throughout Dasuki's tenure as NSA. These monies come under SECURITY VOTE. It was not money allocated to the purchase of weapons as the DSS and the EFCC have claimed. That is why they cant take Dasuki to court. They will lose woefully. Security vote is not money allocated for arms purchase. Of the whole monies that make up the $2.1B, only the $300 million from the returned Abacha loot was actually recommended for the purchase of arms. That is why in court, the charges brought against Dasuki was in that range. But they are likely going to lose in court for that because weapons were actually purchased. Whether they are worth $300 million is what the EFCC will have to prove in court. But from the way they have been refusing to follow the court process, one is safe to assume that they dont trust their own case against Dasuki.

But why did they go with the headlines of "$2.1 Billion arms purchase money" when they knew it was not the case? Because the whole anti coruption fight was only a propaganda stunt from the beginning. It was a well crafted stunt to distract the masses and persecute any dissenting voice so Buhari can fully consolidate power. Does that mean I think many of the politicians mentioned in the scandal are clean? By no means! Nigerian politicians are corrupt without a doubt including the presidency and everyone in the rulling APC party. The president's campaign itself was sponsored from corruption. The Amaechi corruption scandals are well documented with very strong evidence.

If Dasuki has stolen any funds, he should be prosecuted accordingly, but the media propaganda and charade has got to stop. Media trial is injustice in itself. I find it really deceitful when I see lines like "what will you tell the Nigerian soldiers that didnt have weapons to fight and were killed because Dasuki shared the arms money". That is nothing but propaganda and trying to appeal to sentiments to push a narrative. If that were the case, what has the same military been using to fight BH in the last 8 months since Buhari has not bought any new weapons? What weapons did the army use to push back BH prior to the 2015 elections? Did they push BH back with their bare hands too? Even Lie Mohammed claims BH has been defeated. With which weapons did the army defeat BH? With their bare hands?

It is important we put all these straight so we dont fall for cheap propoaganda by a government that has completely lost its way. The same government that claims they are fighting corruption came out with a terrible corruption laden budget where they intended to connect cables from the President's residence to the drivers residence with N300 million. In fact, the budget of yams was so laden with coruption that they had to shamelessly withdraw it.

The world has changed. If the current government thinks they will continue to rule with propaganda, they should think again because they will be exposed again and again. Thank God for social media and the Internet!

386 Likes 98 Shares

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by rolchi(m): 12:36pm On Jan 13, 2016
God bless you for this!

However, Nigerians will soon condemn you without thinking through with you. Lets wait until the court processes are exhausted.

A very good day to you.

115 Likes 11 Shares

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by snailspeed: 12:39pm On Jan 13, 2016
rolchi:
God bless you for this!

However, Nigerians will soon condemn you without thinking through with you. Lets wait until the court processes are exhausted.

A very good day to you.

Nigerians will not condemn me. The APC zombies and paid hacks on NL are not a representation of Nigerians. They are just rice eaten sycophants trying to survive.

174 Likes 21 Shares

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by denko(m): 12:44pm On Jan 13, 2016
we know the truth. let buhari fooled himself

77 Likes 9 Shares

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by cfame1(m): 12:46pm On Jan 13, 2016
I wish I can share this on my twiter timeline.......well articulated and and straight to the point..JJ omojuwa would not want to see this.

70 Likes 7 Shares

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by denko(m): 12:47pm On Jan 13, 2016
Buhari cannot tell us the source of the money the onus is on the govt to prove the money actually belong the govt.

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by AtlanticBreeze: 12:50pm On Jan 13, 2016
Even the zombies can tell this is a big fraud of a propaganda since nothing meaningful has come out of it but anything to save Buharis's incompetence is welcome

76 Likes 8 Shares

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by snailspeed: 12:58pm On Jan 13, 2016
cfame1:
I wish I can share this on my twiter timeline.......well articulated and and straight to the point..JJ omojuwa would not want to see this.

You can just copy the title and web link up and paste to your Twitter to share.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by snailspeed: 1:01pm On Jan 13, 2016
denko:
Buhari cannot tell us the source of the money the onus is on the govt to prove the money actually belong the govt.

There is no such money for arms deal. It isnt about whether the money belongs to government or not. What they did was to calculate all the money that passed through the NSA's office for his tenure and come out to say it is money for arms. It was a well crafted lie (though not so well crafted for those who ask simple questions). The only money that was recommended for arms was the $300 million returned Abacha loot which NOI clearly explained. The rest are just lies and propaganda

75 Likes 8 Shares

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by maverickboy: 1:07pm On Jan 13, 2016
snailspeed:
I have been following the so called Dasukigate and I am amazed how easy it is for a government to use the media to deceive and distract the ignorant masses. History has shown that propaganda remains the biggest tool of any government that intends to enslave a people. Unfortnately, even the current opposition has been quite incompetent in putting the records straight

For the records, there is nothing like a $2.1B arms money. It was a propaganda masterstroke well concotted by the DSS and EFCC to distract everyone from the incompetence of the Buhari administration. That is why former president Goodluck Jonathan has come out twice now to put the records staright that he never approved any $2.1B arms money. But it seems the ignorant masses still dont get it. So where did the "$2.1B arms money" headline originate from?

$2.1B was the monies that was allocated to the office of the NSA throughout Dasuki's tenure as NSA. These monies come under SECURITY VOTE. It was not money allocated to the purchase of weapons as the DSS and the EFCC have claimed. That is why they cant take Dasuki to court. They will lose woefully. Security vote is not money allocated for arms purchase. Of the whole monies that make up the $2.1B, only the $300 million from the returned Abacha loot was actually recommended for the purchase of arms. That is why in court, the charges brought against Dasuki was in that range. But they are likely going to lose in court for that because weapons were actually purchased. Whether they are worth $300 million is what the EFCC will have to prove in court. But from the way they have been refusing to follow the court process, one is safe to assume that they dont trust their own case against Dasuki.

But why did they go with the headlines of "$2.1 Billion arms purchase money" when they knew it was not the case? Because the whole anti coruption fight was only a propaganda stunt from the beginning. It was a well crafted stunt to distract the masses and persecute any dissenting voice so Buhari can fully consolidate power. Does that mean I think many of the politicians mentioned in the scandal are clean? By no means! Nigerian politicians are corrupt without a doubt including the presidency and everyone in the rulling APC party. The president's campaign itself was sponsored from corruption. The Amaechi corruption scandals are well documented with very strong evidence.

If Dasuki has stolen any funds, he should be prosecuted accordingly, but the media propaganda and charade has got to stop. Media trial is injustice in itself. I find it really deceitful when I see lines like "what will you tell the Nigerian soldiers that didnt have weapons to fight and were killed because Dasuki shared the arms money". That is nothing but propaganda and trying to appeal to sentiments to push a narrative. If that were the case, what has the same military been using to fight BH in the last 8 months since Buhari has not bought any new weapons? What weapons did the army use to push back BH prior to the 2015 elections? Did they push BH back with their bare hands too? Even Lie Mohammed claims BH has been defeated. With which weapons did the army defeat BH? With their bare hands?

It is important we put all these straight so we dont fall for cheap propoaganda by a government that has completely lost its way. The same government that claims they are fighting corruption came out with a terrible corruption laden budget where they intended to connect cables from the President's residence to the drivers residence with N300 million. In fact, the budget of yams was so laden with coruption that they had to shamelessly withdraw it.

The world has changed. If the current government thinks they will continue to rule with propaganda, they should think again because they will be exposed again and again. Thank God for social media and the Internet!

well analysed writeup there! but this raises one or two questions and those are:

Where does the money that was distributed to those people that have been mentioned so far comes from?

Or no money was ever distributed to anybody and the names being mentioned is part of the propaganda?

But mind you, not one of those people, despite realising the implications of the scandal on their political career denied to have collected money from the last administration.

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:10pm On Jan 13, 2016
$2.1B was the monies that was allocated to the office of the NSA throughout Dasuki's tenure as NSA. These monies come under SECURITY VOTE
No Sir! The $2.2 billion wasn't for "security vote" as you claim. It was an extra-budgetary amount that the FG set aside for arms purchase. It is different from the $1billion that the FG borrowed in 2014 for same purpose and other budgeted expenses.

Security vote is not money allocated for arms purchase. Of the whole monies that make up the $2.1B, only the $300 million from the returned Abacha loot was actually recommended for the purchase of arms. That is why in court, the charges brought against Dasuki was in that range
The so-called $300million returned Abacha loot forms part of the $2.2 billion extra budgeted for arms purchase. They aren't for "Security vote". Even the authorisation by Jonathan said arms purchase. Sambo Dasuki didn't deny that. In fact, he said that Jonathan approved the $2.2billion for the purpose.

N/B: The arms purchase $2.2billion is different from the appropriated monies by the NASS. Allow the people invoved to defend themselves.

It isn't propaganda Sir!

213 Likes 23 Shares

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by luvinhubby(m): 1:11pm On Jan 13, 2016
Lalasticlala come take chin-chin cheesy

Hope this makes FP for a thorough dissection by all Nigerians.

I questioned the genuinity of this arms deal saga the moment i learnt DSS was asking for a secret trial of Dasuki with witnesses wearing masks & i said no, the process of the trial must be public.
If Dasuki & co are called criminals by courts, i will call them so & demand that they be penalised with every kobo refunded & not because EFCC under Buhari choose to call them that.

3 Likes

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by snailspeed: 1:12pm On Jan 13, 2016
maverickboy:

well analysed writeup there! but this raises one or two questions and those are:

Where does the money that was distributed to those people that have been mentioned so far comes from?

Or no money was ever distributed to anybody and the names being mentioned is part of the propaganda?

But mind you, not one of those people, despite realising the implications of the scandal on their political career denied to have collected money from the last administration.

Please read my post again. The monies being mentioned are monies from the allocation to the office of the National Security Adviser (NSA) throughout his tenure. They come under SECURITY VOTES. They are not money for arms purchase. And under security votes, they can be used for practically anything

Please note that I personally do not support the security vote law and would want it changed but that is what the law is for now and even the Buhari administration is taking advantage of it as we speak

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by luvinhubby(m): 1:12pm On Jan 13, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

See your life ? cheesy

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by EternalTruths: 1:19pm On Jan 13, 2016
snailspeed:

Nigerians will not condemn me. The APC zombies and paid hacks on NL are not a representation of Nigerians. They are just rice eaten sycophants trying to survive.

You mean Aisha's rice. grin

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by rolchi(m): 1:21pm On Jan 13, 2016
snailspeed:

Please read my post again. The monies being mentioned are monies from the allocation to the office of the National Security Adviser (NSA) throughout his tenure. They come under SECURITY VOTES. They are not money for arms purchase. And under security votes, they can be used for practically anything

Point...In other words, it is 'black' budget!

1 Like

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:22pm On Jan 13, 2016
BROUGHT FROM PAGE 2:

Perhaps, you don't know how you have shifted from the original subject to commenting on the roles of the player. Perhaps, this may be my last reply to you.

1. First, you claimed that the $2.2billion extra budget for arms was a scam that it was "only" $300m. However, the said $300 million only form a part of the $2.2billion and was repatriated late 2014, while the total sum of the extra-budgetary spending for arms started even before that time.
www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/arms-contracts-payments-endorsed-by-ex-president-jonathan-dasuki/120239.html

This has knocked off your entire argument

2. You claimed that Dasuki didn't mention Dokpesi but Dasuki maintained that all disbursement care ordered by Jonathan(including payment of N10billion to PDP delegates)
https://www.today.ng/news/national/51484/arms-deal-ex-nsa-dasuki-indicts-jonathan-says-he-acted-on-his-instruction

Even Metuh admitted collecting N400million frrom ONSA after doing a "special assignment" for Jonathan.

Thirdly, you have no argument. If you think you do, please, approach the judge.

Fourthly, I have no business to comment whether or not Dasuki really got GEJ's authorisations, that's their own business. They should tell the judge.

127 Likes 10 Shares

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by drss(m): 1:23pm On Jan 13, 2016
a wise man once said; ''if u ar going to kill someone, dig two graves''. APC military govt will soon consume demselves in their own propaganda.
Dopkesi himself said d so call $2 billion arms saga was a figment of buari's imagination.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:23pm On Jan 13, 2016
$2.1B was the monies that was allocated to the office of the NSA throughout Dasuki's tenure as NSA. These monies come under SECURITY VOTE
No Sir! The $2.2 billion wasn't for "security vote" as you claim. It was an extra-budgetary amount that the FG set aside for arms purchase. It is different from the $1billion that the FG borrowed in 2014 for same purpose and other budgeted expenses.

Security vote is not money allocated for arms purchase. Of the whole monies that make up the $2.1B, only the $300 million from the returned Abacha loot was actually recommended for the purchase of arms. That is why in court, the charges brought against Dasuki was in that range
The so-called $300million returned Abacha loot forms part of the $2.2 billion extra budgeted for arms purchase. They aren't for "Security vote". Even the authorisation by Jonathan said arms purchase. Sambo Dasuki didn't deny that. In fact, he said that Jonathan approved the $2.2billion for the purpose.

N/B: The arms purchase $2.2billion is different from the appropriated monies by the NASS. Allow the people invoved to defend themselves.

It isn't propaganda Sir!

34 Likes 7 Shares

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by maverickboy: 1:23pm On Jan 13, 2016
snailspeed:

Even to sponsor terrorism?

Allocations are meant to execute worthwhile projects and not anything as you said. How is it possible for such amount to be used for just anything.

10 Likes

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by drss(m): 1:24pm On Jan 13, 2016
lalasticlala i tink dis beautiful thread deserves fp.

1 Like

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by rolchi(m): 1:26pm On Jan 13, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

It isn't propaganda Sir!

Sir, if I can ask some questions, please?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by snailspeed: 1:27pm On Jan 13, 2016
maverickboy:
Even to sponsor terrorism?

Allocations are meant to execute worthwhile projects and not anything as you said. How is it possible for such amount to be used for just anything.
That is the position of the law. Your sentiments dont count. If anyone thinks it isnt right, then they should canvass that the law be changed. Even state governors have security votes and they can use it for about anything. Of course anything doesnt mean anything evil but any kind of project that is considered as something that will promote the security of the state or country as the case may be

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by Abagworo(m): 1:28pm On Jan 13, 2016
snailspeed:

Don't let any wounded soldier catch you saythis nonsense in real life. If justice against these thieves is not achieved to pacify our angered soldiers, they will surely deal with these wicked men ruthlessly.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by DropShot: 1:28pm On Jan 13, 2016
Trash!

I will reply you soon.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:29pm On Jan 13, 2016
rolchi:

Sir, if I can ask some questions, please?
Sure boss
Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by snailspeed: 1:31pm On Jan 13, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

It isn't propaganda Sir!

There is no such $2.2 billion and that is why GEJ came out in November to deny it outrightly. Neither GEJ nor Dasuki have admitted anything like that. You are seriously feeding from Lie Mohammed's pot there! GEJ has denied any such authorization and NOI said the same thing! You shouldnt bother arguing along that line. You will lose. You should ask yourself why the EFCC is unwilling to pursue the case legally but is resorting to all kinds of tactics to keep Dasuki for long periods of incaceration. All the monies that have been mentioned to have been collected by different individuals, including Dopkesi are monies from the NSA's office, not arms purchase money

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by babyfaceafrica: 1:32pm On Jan 13, 2016
drss:
lalasticlala i tink dis beautiful thread deserves fp.
there is nurrin beauriful about this ,its riddled with holes and defects...the OP should do his research

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by ddippset(m): 1:38pm On Jan 13, 2016
Op, dasuki has admitted to distributing hundreds of millions of naira to hundreds of people. Some of those people have admitted receiving money from dasuki and have mentioned how much they received. Now op has said that these monies were taken from the security votes and not from any budgetry provison for arms supply! I also submit that it is not a norm to probe security votes. But somehow someway what they did with the security monies has come to light, and this is in the midst of boko haram ravaging the north east and soldiers getting killed and refusing to engage boko haram on account of obsolete weaponry. Op, how do you sleep at night knowing all these facts?

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by snailspeed: 1:39pm On Jan 13, 2016
Abagworo:

Don't let any wounded soldier catch you saythis nonsense in real life. If justice against these thieves is not achieved to pacify our angered soldiers, they will surely deal with these wicked men ruthlessly.

You are talking nonsense my friend. That is nothing but a propaganda line. When GEJ went to see the soldiers in Baga before the elections, they were very excited to see him. The lastest video currently flying around on social media shows how the current government has been treating our soldiers in the front lines like rags. Even the ones that died fighting for the country were treated like trash and buried without honour. So forget your fake propaganda. It wont fly!

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by rolchi(m): 1:40pm On Jan 13, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Sure boss

Thank You Sir. Please, note that I have earlier advised the OP that we must wait for court processes to run through as I am an addicted 'democrat'. Thanks to the Ex President GEJ, who demonstrated how a democrat should be.

Now, to my question

1. Do we have any evidence to show that Dasuki said anything as you have outlined? Is it possible that his statement to the EFCC is in public domain?

2. If 2.1B USD is actually "missing" or "misapplied" and this amount is totaly for the purchase of arms, how come the EFCC has only brought charges for less than 200M USD?

Thanks

54 Likes 6 Shares

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by Goke7: 1:41pm On Jan 13, 2016
snailspeed:

I will not condemn but rather asked if you or anyone close to you was a victim of the insurgency, will you ever come out with a piece like this? I think we should careful when we try to confuse our personal opinions or experience in discussing very sensitive national matters, GEJ is not that hated as you and your fellow admirers think but the way and and manner you guys confuse very sensitive national matters with how you will feel personally over issues requires some restraint.

You guys have forgotten that it was when PMB set up a panel to probe whether monies budgeted to spent on arms to fight insurgency was used judiciously that all the revelations we have been hearing emerged, we are talking serious matters here and you are trying to be technical by saying that they were security votes, if its security votes, how come falae, dokpesi, obaigbena that are not security contractors benefited from the funds.

Please for once be sympathetic to the plight of the victims of the insurgency and don't let your hatred for PMB and love for GEJ make you a human being without feelings to the down trodden. Thanks and God bless

57 Likes 9 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Almajirai Blast Northern Governors Over 'Maltreatment' / 2023: Power Shift To South ‘Non-Negotiable’ - APC Secretary / Brigadier General Onyema Nwachukwu Assumes Command As Director Army Public Relat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.