Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,571 members, 7,837,164 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

$2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 (35777 Views)

How $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is The Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 [must Read] / N2.1bn Arms Money Scandal: What I Know About EFCC Probe Of Dokpesi — Lawyer / Arms, Money, Phones Found In Boko Haram's Hideout (graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by Pidggin(f): 3:31pm On Jan 13, 2016
snailspeed:

There are no documents anywhere to show such propaganda. It is what it is, cheap propaganda! If there are documents to prove such claims

1. The EFCC will be very willing to go through the whole process legally and not resort to their media trial and gestapo style prosecution
2. The charges brought against Dasuki in court would have reflected that. Total charges brought against Dasuki in court is less than N50 billion. $2.1B is not N50B my friend, except you attended night school like I suspect!

And Dopkesi has already said he should be charged to court. The only people actually shying away from the courts is the government, not the accused. Metuh has said to them, lets go to court. But EFCC is keeping him and bringing out one propaganda after another of how he ate papers and how he called people's names. Such a sham!

5 Likes

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:33pm On Jan 13, 2016
freeze001:
Come o! To all intents and purposes, Dokpesi is a business man. He rendered services and got paid for them. If u are a professional rendering services do u inquire into the source of ur professional fees? Did Dokpesi directly operate the accounts of the NSA?

Secondly, u keep saying of the total sum of $2.2billion being investigated, Dasuki cannot be charged for all. How so if the accusers are sure of their claims and figures? Dasuki was NSA and is allegedly responsible for the disbursement of this sum. Explain why he will not be charged for all...did d money not pass through him in its entirety for onward disbursement to those mentioned?

I ask now, what will be the charge against others? Receiving money without querying the source? Who does that? If Dasuki is not charged for all before its distribution to other persons then what will be the basis of charging others seeing as they weren't part of the office of the NSA and did not directly handle the money in question
Now, the ONSA don't have tender board, this means no valid contract was awarded. For what purpose was Dokpesi paid? Which contract did he win? If Jonathan really gave "verbal" approval, then you can only charge Dasuki for conspiracy and accessory wrt Dokpesi but the person that authorised it and the recipient will be charged for the theft(or the recipient can be charged for money laundary). If Dokpesi claim that he won contract without tender board, it is also a crime because it is against the Public Procurement Act. Meanwhile, we will like to see the contract(if he so claim).

4 Likes

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jan 13, 2016
a thief who has been caught red-handed is mentioning his fellow yam-eaters and some hair-brained fellows here are asking us not to believe.

I think the harsh weather of the harmattan is really affecting the OP and his bandwagon.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by Pidggin(f): 3:33pm On Jan 13, 2016
snailspeed:

Please think well before you share your ignorance in public.

1. The panel he setup had not even concluded their report before the DSS and EFCC started using the so called findings for their propaganda
2. Your spew of sentiments is the exactl propaganda line that has been used to peddle falsehood. Using the sentiments of insurgency to push the false narrative is nauseating. Didnt you and your ilks applaud when SA seized about $9.3 million that was supposed to be used to purchase arms for the fight? Even Buhari and the APC leadership advised SA to keep the money. Now you claim you care for the victims of insurgency? Such hypocrisy! You and your kind did everything you could to undermine the fight against insurgency so you have no moral right to come here and preach with blood stained hands.

And stop using God's name when you do your propaganda and falsehood. Its shameful!

Gbam!

8 Likes

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by Pidggin(f): 3:34pm On Jan 13, 2016
snailspeed:

You have nothing to say my friend. If I call you a sycophant, it is not an insult. It is a compliment

You just repeated the same nonsense you posted before (and nonsense is not an insult. It means something doesnt make sense). If Dasuki gave Dopkesi monies that he should not have giving him in the first place, Dasuki will be guilty of fraud, not just conspiracy. That is diversion of funds. That is misappropriation! You do not even need a Dopkesi to prosecute him for that! You dey fall hand bro

Correct!

6 Likes

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:37pm On Jan 13, 2016
deji68:
read through ur link...didnt find where he accepted 2,2 billion figure.....
I believe you followed the whole argument. I said and the link confirms that Dasuki has never refuted the said amount. Let him refute it first and we shall ask EFCc to produce their document. If the two players didn't refute it, on what authority are you refuting? Are you the accountant? Did you partake?

You have no argument oga

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by deji68: 3:39pm On Jan 13, 2016
The fact the he didnt refute, it doesnt mean he accept it...abi that na simple logic my oga
TonyeBarcanista:

I believe you followed the whole argument. I said and the link confirms that Dasuki has never refuted the said amount. Let him refute it first and we shall ask EFCc to produce their document. If the two players didn't refute it, on what authority are you refuting? Are you the accountant? Did you partake?

You have no argument oga

13 Likes

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:39pm On Jan 13, 2016
Ioannes:

I wonder o, my brother, their intention is to distract us. it won't work.
Na play them de jare. I am not surprised anyway

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by seunmsg(m): 3:39pm On Jan 13, 2016
snailspeed:

Please read my post again. The monies being mentioned are monies from the allocation to the office of the National Security Adviser (NSA) throughout his tenure. They come under SECURITY VOTES. They are not money for arms purchase. And under security votes, they can be used for practically anything

Including funding of Jonathan's second term ambition right?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:44pm On Jan 13, 2016
deji68:
The fact the he didnt refute, it doesnt mean he accept it...abi that na simple logic my oga

See this is a serious issue, trust me Sambo won't have kept mute if indeed the figure was false. For instance, he said he can't be held accountable for what happened in March 2012 since he took over in July 2012(which is legitimate). All these unnecessary and distracting argument of $2.2billion would have made sense IF the people at the center had contested it. If I steal N1 and you say it is N3, I will not hesitate to say it is N1 not N3.

5 Likes

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by mrmetoo1: 3:46pm On Jan 13, 2016
I don't even get the point of this thread. The OP admits that $2.1bn was misappropriated or spent "anyhow" as he put yet he wants us to do what? Just let it go? We should all just forget about it because you're trying to call it something else and not arms purchase. $2.1bn was spent on whatever and you're not angry?? Security votes or whatever it is you want to call it, we're talking $2.1bn here not $2.1m and we're talking dollars not Naira. How much do you think we have in this country that you think someone can spend $2.1bn anyhow. You can say I'm being sentimental, yes I'm angry, why are you not? Soldiers were dying because they were not properly equipped but we had $2.1bn the ONSA could spend anyhow. Millions of lives will never be the same again but yeah let's ignore $2.1bn that was shared between the person responsible for our security and his cronies. Like they said, corruption will fight back, if this is the fight you're definitely going to lose. Your argument will never gain any traction because what you can't do is to tell people to get into this argument devoid of sentiments or emotions. People died, people are displaced, human beings like you and I.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by deji68: 3:48pm On Jan 13, 2016
My Broda all points u made are assumptions....Dasuki pleaded not guilty to the charges, that means he has refuted all the allegations...any comment on the media naa jaraa...it left to EFCC to prove their case chikena
TonyeBarcanista:

See this is a serious issue, trust me Sambo won't have kept mute if indeed the figure was false. For instance, he said he can't be held accountable for what happened in March 2012 since he took over in July 2012(which is legitimate). All these unnecessary and distracting argument of $2.2billion would have made sense IF the people at the center had contested it. If I steal N1 and you say it is N3, I will not hesitate to say it is N1 not N3.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:53pm On Jan 13, 2016
deji68:
My Broda all points u made are assumptions....Dasuki pleaded not guilty to the charges, that means he has refuted all the allegations...any comment on the media naa jaraa...it left to EFCC to prove their case chikena
Even Kabiru Sokoto pleaded not guilty. Bernard Maddof pleaded not guilty. In fact, 99% of criminals usually plead not guilty. That's no surprising...

The case is in court... Dasuki is going nowhere

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by Goke7: 3:55pm On Jan 13, 2016
theshadyexpress:

channel your grievance to the right quarters bro, don't bath this thread with your sentimental crap, boko haram has killed a few thousands of people under Buhari and the presidiot has not bought a single rifle for the army,soldiers morale has been badly silenced but yet your presidiot is claiming victory. he is the one that you should be angry with and i wonder why you are not asking for Buhari to be jailed since under him too people have also been killed by boko haram.

this whole arms scandal is a well articulated media propaganda by the devilish APC party and it is targeted at distracting your attention from pressing issues like the economy,shiites massacre, IPOB demonstrations, stock market crash et al. it is what APC needs to whip up sentiments for itself and its band of economic assassins. not everybody can be fooled and i dare to stand out even if it means standing alone

your posts just shows that you and your folks are still yet to recover from the loss at the polls, by march it will be one year your hero GEJ was booted out yet you guys can't just move on but instead keep trying to incite Nigerians against the present FG.

Anyway you guys will continue to fail, the rest of Nigerians will not wait for the ss and se to get over their political miscalculations, we will continue to see you guys as a liability we just have to endure, for how long, no one but God can tell, have a nice day

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:57pm On Jan 13, 2016
mrmetoo1:
I don't even get the point of this thread. The OP admits that $2.1bn was misappropriated or spent "anyhow" as he put yet he wants us to do what? Just let it go? We should all just forget about it because you're trying to call it something else and not arms purchase. $2.1bn was spent on whatever and you're not angry?? Security votes or whatever it is you want to call it, we're talking $2.1bn here not $2.1m and we're talking dollars not Naira. How much do you think we have in this country that you think someone can spend $2.1bn anyhow. You can say I'm being sentimental, yes I'm angry, why are you not? Soldiers were dying because they were not properly equipped but we had $2.1bn the ONSA could spend anyhow. Millions of lives will never be the same again but yeah let's ignore $2.1bn that was shared between the person responsible for our security and his cronies. Like they said, corruption will fight back, if this is the fight you're definitely going to lose. Your argument will never gain any traction because what you can't do is to tell people to get into this argument devoid of sentiments or emotions. People died, people are displaced, human beings like you and I.
no need to preach bro. Let them continue, they will have patriots here to put them where they belong

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by deji68: 3:59pm On Jan 13, 2016
That is my point too..even if u are caught with a knife dripping with blood beside a dead body.....u are still a suspect.
TonyeBarcanista:

Even Kabiru Sokoto pleaded not guilty. Bernard Maddof pleaded not guilty. In fact, 99% of criminals usually plead not guilty. That's no surprising...

8 Likes

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by ejiinii: 4:01pm On Jan 13, 2016
this is treasonable post in the eyes of APC ZOMNBIES i think olisa metuh should add this post to his statement

snailspeed:
I have been following the so called Dasukigate and I am amazed how easy it is for a government to use the media to deceive and distract the ignorant masses. History has shown that propaganda remains the biggest tool of any government that intends to enslave a people. Unfortnately, even the current opposition has been quite incompetent in putting the records straight

For the records, there is nothing like a $2.1B arms money. It was a propaganda masterstroke well concotted by the DSS and EFCC to distract everyone from the incompetence of the Buhari administration. That is why former president Goodluck Jonathan has come out twice now to put the records staright that he never approved any $2.1B arms money. But it seems the ignorant masses still dont get it. So where did the "$2.1B arms money" headline originate from?

$2.1B was the monies that was allocated to the office of the NSA throughout Dasuki's tenure as NSA. These monies come under SECURITY VOTE. It was not money allocated to the purchase of weapons as the DSS and the EFCC have claimed. That is why they cant take Dasuki to court. They will lose woefully. Security vote is not money allocated for arms purchase. Of the whole monies that make up the $2.1B, only the $300 million from the returned Abacha loot was actually recommended for the purchase of arms. That is why in court, the charges brought against Dasuki was in that range. But they are likely going to lose in court for that because weapons were actually purchased. Whether they are worth $300 million is what the EFCC will have to prove in court. But from the way they have been refusing to follow the court process, one is safe to assume that they dont trust their own case against Dasuki.

But why did they go with the headlines of "$2.1 Billion arms purchase money" when they knew it was not the case? Because the whole anti coruption fight was only a propaganda stunt from the beginning. It was a well crafted stunt to distract the masses and persecute any dissenting voice so Buhari can fully consolidate power. Does that mean I think many of the politicians mentioned in the scandal are clean? By no means! Nigerian politicians are corrupt without a doubt including the presidency and everyone in the rulling APC party. The president's campaign itself was sponsored from corruption. The Amaechi corruption scandals are well documented with very strong evidence.

If Dasuki has stolen any funds, he should be prosecuted accordingly, but the media propaganda and charade has got to stop. Media trial is injustice in itself. I find it really deceitful when I see lines like "what will you tell the Nigerian soldiers that didnt have weapons to fight and were killed because Dasuki shared the arms money". That is nothing but propaganda and trying to appeal to sentiments to push a narrative. If that were the case, what has the same military been using to fight BH in the last 8 months since Buhari has not bought any new weapons? What weapons did the army use to push back BH prior to the 2015 elections? Did they push BH back with their bare hands too? Even Lie Mohammed claims BH has been defeated. With which weapons did the army defeat BH? With their bare hands?

It is important we put all these straight so we dont fall for cheap propoaganda by a government that has completely lost its way. The same government that claims they are fighting corruption came out with a terrible corruption laden budget where they intended to connect cables from the President's residence to the drivers residence with N300 million. In fact, the budget of yams was so laden with coruption that they had to shamelessly withdraw it.

The world has changed. If the current government thinks they will continue to rule with propaganda, they should think again because they will be exposed again and again. Thank God for social media and the Internet!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by snailspeed: 4:03pm On Jan 13, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Perhaps, you don't know how you have shifted from the original subject to commenting on the roles of the player. Perhaps, this may be my last reply to you.

1. First, you claimed that the $2.2billion extra budget for arms was a scam that it was "only" $300m. However, the said $300 million only form a part of the $2.2billion and was repatriated late 2014, while the total sum of the extra-budgetary spending for arms started even before that time.
www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/arms-contracts-payments-endorsed-by-ex-president-jonathan-dasuki/120239.html

This has knocked off your entire argument

2. You claimed that Dasuki didn't mention Dokpesi but Dasuki maintained that all disbursement care ordered by Jonathan(including payment of N10billion to PDP delegates)
https://www.today.ng/news/national/51484/arms-deal-ex-nsa-dasuki-indicts-jonathan-says-he-acted-on-his-instruction

Even Metuh admitted collecting N400million frrom ONSA after doing a "special assignment" for Jonathan.

Thirdly, you have no argument. If you think you do, please, approach the judge.

Fourthly, I have no business to comment whether or not Dasuki really got GEJ's authorisations, that's their own business. They should tell the judge.

You have said nothing new. You just repeated the same stale lines. Dasuki's lawyer has already refuted all the claims from the links you posted as trash. He has said he will tell his story in court. His lawyer said clearly that he didnt mention any names so your link is part of the propaganda I am talking about, you hear?

Metuh did not admit receiving money from arms deal. Metuh said he was giving an assignment. How does that imply he admitted he shared arm deal money of $2.2B? You see how you guys have been spinning your falsehood and propaganda? GEJ has said clearly that there was no $2.2B arms deal signed anywhere. So your propaganda is what it is; propaganda!

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by proxillin(m): 4:05pm On Jan 13, 2016
The author of this is the biggest idiot of 2016. Dokpesi confessed , when released started blabing rubbish just like the writer of the junk.

I dont blame you. I blame Buhari for not jailing dose modafacas.

This is the latest approach of loosers (Tanoid). Its a propaganda just like boko-haram does not exist

5 Likes

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by Goke7: 4:06pm On Jan 13, 2016
snailspeed:

Please think well before you share your ignorance in public.

1. The panel he setup had not even concluded their report before the DSS and EFCC started using the so called findings for their propaganda
2. Your spew of sentiments is the exactl propaganda line that has been used to peddle falsehood. Using the sentiments of insurgency to push the false narrative is nauseating. Didnt you and your ilks applaud when SA seized about $9.3 million that was supposed to be used to purchase arms for the fight? Even Buhari and the APC leadership advised SA to keep the money. Now you claim you care for the victims of insurgency? Such hypocrisy! You and your kind did everything you could to undermine the fight against insurgency so you have no moral right to come here and preach with blood stained hands.

And stop using God's name when you do your propaganda and falsehood. Its shameful!

since the panel has not concluded their report, then why are you in a hurry to justify those that have been alleged to have committed offences against the state, you guys keep shouting propaganda to see if all the truth will come out of the investigations.

You are the one spewing sentiments to justify even those that are already confessing to have collected money that is not theirs in any form and from the way you are talking about the 9.3million dollars seized by SA, its obvious you are just bitter against the person of PMB just because your beloved GEJ was booted out. God will grant us grace to continue to bear and endure all your wailing against the Govt.

You started well in your opening analysis trying to be objective but you gave yourself away when you started bashing PMB and his Govt, if you have condemned some of the actions by dasuki and co, you would have been balanced but your unnecessary bias and support for stealing of Govt funds will make nobody believe your conspiracy theory chikena

5 Likes

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by proxillin(m): 4:08pm On Jan 13, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Since when do criminals in Nigeria accept guilt? Will you accept guilt if you were.

Somebody will confess and admit to crime but still plead not guilty. Use your akamu brain

3 Likes

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by ibietela2(m): 4:08pm On Jan 13, 2016
snailspeed:

There is no such money for arms deal. It isnt whether the money belongs to government or not. What they did was to calculate all the money that passed through the NSA's office for his tenure and come out to say it is money for arms. It was a well crafted lie (though not so well crafted for those who ask simple questions). The only money that was recommended for arms was the $300 million returned Abacha loot which NOI clearly explained. The rest are just lies and propaganda

She said that the money was a "loan" to the NSA, i mean the 300M.

but how much did Abacha borrowed sef? They have been returning it since the time of OBJ

1 Like

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by anonimi: 4:09pm On Jan 13, 2016
drss:
a wise man once said; ''if u ar going to kill someone, dig two graves''. APC military govt will soon consume demselves in their own propaganda.

They are CONSUMED already. grin grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3191654_1239200310207040029852596885005702579760607n_jpeg655e00798ae6d4674d9087bb4277b198

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2967340_213_jpeg7c378bb521e826e793a32fa9770a0374

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by islandmoon: 4:10pm On Jan 13, 2016
we dont care, how ever they get the money looted through whatever means, whatever name! jail them and make them vomit it by fire by force!! we need it , it belong to the public! how can 4 chief of army staff have 1billion in their account?

1 Like

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by repogirl(f): 4:10pm On Jan 13, 2016
Same thing I was telling Rawani yesterday but the guy dey deceive himself. angry

1 Like

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by ejiinii: 4:11pm On Jan 13, 2016
where is that omenka boy that like propaganda come and comment

1 Like

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by snailspeed: 4:11pm On Jan 13, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Which of the case is in court? Are you even aware that he is being detained without being charged to court as we speak? Your sycophancy is sad bro

19 Likes

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by ZUBY77(m): 4:12pm On Jan 13, 2016
Very interesting.
Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by 1miccza: 4:13pm On Jan 13, 2016
rolchi:
God bless you for this!

However, Nigerians will soon condemn you without thinking through with you. Lets wait until the court processes are exhausted.

A very good day to you.

You actually took the word out of my mouth

4 Likes

Re: $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 by ibietela2(m): 4:13pm On Jan 13, 2016
Abagworo:

Don't let any wounded soldier catch you saythis nonsense in real life. If justice against these thieves is not achieved to pacify our angered soldiers, they will surely deal with these wicked men ruthlessly.

Less noise joor, you mean the ones i saw cleaning their shoes or the ones guarding them? Mtcheeeeeeew.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Update On Awka Millennium City Projects That Started October Last Year (photos ) / Great Speeches In African And Black History / Photos: Boko Haram Video Shows Two Men Accused Of Spying Being Beheaded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.