Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,101 members, 7,825,483 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

Man Constructs Bicycle With Wood: Innovative Or Simply Genius? (Picture) - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Man Constructs Bicycle With Wood: Innovative Or Simply Genius? (Picture) (41260 Views)

Frank Darko, Ghanaian Inventor Who Built Bicycle That Rides On Water Launches / Bicycle Which Rides On Water Designed By A Ghanaian Man (Photos) / Boy Who Built Bicycle With Local Materials Gets Gift From Good Samaritan. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Constructs Bicycle With Wood: Innovative Or Simply Genius? (Picture) by austinbrown: 3:13pm On Jan 13, 2016
ZuzuMan:
......And these ones na your junior ones abi? grin grin grin
come o e bi like say u know my family well o
Re: Man Constructs Bicycle With Wood: Innovative Or Simply Genius? (Picture) by GenOrumov: 3:25pm On Jan 13, 2016
henrydadon:
quite innovative...proudly afrcan grin.... this is what u call rough terrain bicycle grin
Mopolchi:
Innovative
Harnny:
Some real innovation
This should be termed fascination but definitely not innovation!

Wikipedia defines innovation as ' a new idea, more effective device or process. It can be viewed as the application of better solutions that meet requirements, unarticulated needs or existing market needs'.

This bicycle will be useless to majority of us in the world of today where a car is the most popular mode of transportation. This will only be applauded in an era of no cars or where metal bicycles are expensive. So as it is, it can't be termed innovative because it solves no existing general problem except his own transportation challenges.

Note: Pardon me. Just wanted to point something and note prove I too know nor pull the guy's efforts down. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Man Constructs Bicycle With Wood: Innovative Or Simply Genius? (Picture) by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jan 13, 2016
emperorchedda:
INNOVATION

Half of Nigeria's population think like this and we won't need to depend on the government anymore neither will we need to import everything from China and keep being the mockery of Donald Trump
yeah, you're right. I designed something important, and it taking me to Russian. no sponsor yet! I've receive my invitation since November 24th 2015. I just pray for an helper till my invitation expired...
Re: Man Constructs Bicycle With Wood: Innovative Or Simply Genius? (Picture) by gbens2000(m): 3:29pm On Jan 13, 2016
amunkita:
I can bet with my yansh, that dude has got some Igbo blood in him...

That is being innovative but innovation can lead you to become a genius..

Nwanne Daalu..
ode
Re: Man Constructs Bicycle With Wood: Innovative Or Simply Genius? (Picture) by onyemarcus: 3:30pm On Jan 13, 2016
the maintenance will be cheap
Re: Man Constructs Bicycle With Wood: Innovative Or Simply Genius? (Picture) by Bluffly: 3:34pm On Jan 13, 2016
rapmike:
That's the beginning of greatness!

Only that his skill may be wasted here.

It cannot be wasted. Let us stop thinking skills will be wasted in Nigeria. Keep doing what you can do until the face of Nigeria changes. Is it bad if we have a made inNigeria bicycle as long as he is not expecting to become a billionaire over night.
Re: Man Constructs Bicycle With Wood: Innovative Or Simply Genius? (Picture) by Rubyventures: 3:35pm On Jan 13, 2016
Darkseid:
Oyinbo people dey crack their head to invent new things una dey here they clap for person wey dey ride wood. Go to youtube and search for flying bicycle and you will be amazed at what people are doing not this shyte.

Rome was not built in a day.

A journey of a million miles starts with a step.

1 Like

Re: Man Constructs Bicycle With Wood: Innovative Or Simply Genius? (Picture) by Darkseid(m): 3:50pm On Jan 13, 2016
Rubyventures:

Rome was not built in a day.

A journey of a million miles starts with a step.
That's true but now that Rome has been built,why bother going back to the stone age.
Re: Man Constructs Bicycle With Wood: Innovative Or Simply Genius? (Picture) by uwajeh(m): 4:14pm On Jan 13, 2016
Frankly speaking I'm trying to understand where this conversation is going.

I'm certainly not hating but this invention belongs in the museum. How many of us would sincerely ride this bicycle on the streets of Lagos, Abuja or any other city in Nigeria.

I think it's time we began to celebrate inventions which would positively affect our everyday lives rather than profiling "inventions" which can at best be described as junior secondary school experiments.

A lot of us are beneficiaries of the guys/ladies who developed Interswitch, Jobberman, Zinox Computers Innoson Vehicles, e.t.c. but how often do we celebrate these geniuses.

In several cities in Europe people build cars, bicycles, motor-bikes, e.t.c. from paper, wood, zinc and other exotic materials but they are usually placed precisely where they belong, IN THE MUSEUM!
Re: Man Constructs Bicycle With Wood: Innovative Or Simply Genius? (Picture) by tokz(m): 4:21pm On Jan 13, 2016
NO SHOCK ABSORBERS!, Hard ride
Re: Man Constructs Bicycle With Wood: Innovative Or Simply Genius? (Picture) by nelson212(m): 4:24pm On Jan 13, 2016
Photo shopping

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Constructs Bicycle With Wood: Innovative Or Simply Genius? (Picture) by amunkita(m): 4:45pm On Jan 13, 2016
gbens2000:
ode

Npa gi
Re: Man Constructs Bicycle With Wood: Innovative Or Simply Genius? (Picture) by MartinsIfeco(m): 4:52pm On Jan 13, 2016
saints2:
What can you term this picture?
Source: http://ajayiwrites..com.ng/2016/01/caption-this.html
It's only an Igbo man can do that,Ndi Igbo kwenu!
Re: Man Constructs Bicycle With Wood: Innovative Or Simply Genius? (Picture) by Localamos(m): 4:56pm On Jan 13, 2016
Not innovative and certainly not a genius. Though its better than using your time for socil vices.
Re: Man Constructs Bicycle With Wood: Innovative Or Simply Genius? (Picture) by MartinsIfeco(m): 4:58pm On Jan 13, 2016
saints2:

Source:
http://ajayiwrites..com.ng/2016/01/caption-this.html

It's only an Igbo man can do that,Ndi Igbo kwenu!
Blyzz:
yeah, you're right. I designed something important, and it taking me to Russian. no sponsor yet! I've receive my invitation since November 24th 2015. I just pray for an helper till my invitation expired...
saints2:

Source:
http://ajayiwrites..com.ng/2016/01/caption-this.html

It's only an Igbo man can do that,Ndi Igbo kwenu!,Ezi okwu,Beeni na true talk
Re: Man Constructs Bicycle With Wood: Innovative Or Simply Genius? (Picture) by Rubyventures: 4:59pm On Jan 13, 2016
Darkseid:
That's true but now that Rome has been built,why bother going back to the stone age.

For a country that imports toothpicks, making a wooden bike is a big improvement, we have to crawl before we run and we will get there in the end.
Re: Man Constructs Bicycle With Wood: Innovative Or Simply Genius? (Picture) by FisifunKododada: 5:48pm On Jan 13, 2016
cool OP correction - he is JUST using the wood as a frame. Clever/Industrious but definitely not genius.
Re: Man Constructs Bicycle With Wood: Innovative Or Simply Genius? (Picture) by dannlukas(m): 6:54pm On Jan 13, 2016
wooden bicycle! y da waste of tym? na harmattan go judge d Mata...no long talk
Re: Man Constructs Bicycle With Wood: Innovative Or Simply Genius? (Picture) by toprealman: 6:56pm On Jan 13, 2016
If it passed an integrity test....however it was done, then I will give him my nod. If not... I shake my head, knowing that he is peddling his way to disaster.
Fit for a museum display....100% for ingenuity though.
Re: Man Constructs Bicycle With Wood: Innovative Or Simply Genius? (Picture) by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jan 13, 2016
did he really do anything important?? mtcheeeewww
Some one has alreaddy done that and with wodden tire by Drais' in 1817
Re: Man Constructs Bicycle With Wood: Innovative Or Simply Genius? (Picture) by Nobody: 12:15am On Jan 14, 2016
MartinsIfeco:
It's only an Igbo man can do that,Ndi Igbo kwenu!It's only an Igbo man can do that,Ndi Igbo kwenu!,Ezi okwu,Beeni na true talk
Hmmm, it funny you truly don't know when people are telling the truth. I've post a writeup on NL for an assistant, but because i couldn't upload the pictures to proved genuine, so my writeup was not on front page. so i re-modify my writeup and deleted it. if i can trust u, just forward ur WhatsApp numb to me and i would send you the letter of invitation and other documents! thank u and good night
Re: Man Constructs Bicycle With Wood: Innovative Or Simply Genius? (Picture) by cybriz82(m): 2:20am On Jan 14, 2016
I tink say d tyre go b wood also.
Re: Man Constructs Bicycle With Wood: Innovative Or Simply Genius? (Picture) by phemzades(m): 2:16am On May 20, 2016
genius! but far from being innovative u av bikes without spokes.. Bt good job he is intelligent bt primitive

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Little Boy Captures Live Snake With Bare Hands (Photos) / Earth Is DIMMING Due To Climate Change, Scientists Warn ( Pics) / Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.