Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,179 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests (20033 Views)

12 Types Of Guests We All Get Tired Of In Our Homes / Parents Send Soldiers To Beat Guests At Son's Wedding / The Frugal Bride: How To Achieve A Low Budget Wedding. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by diva90: 7:19am On Jan 14, 2016
agarawu23:
[b][/b] shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
10 gini? Na las Vegas na go do am ni?

Pictures or you know the rest lipsrsealed

Unfortunately I can't reveal my identity on this forum but I'll give you a vague clue... My wedding was featured on BellaNaija. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by agarawu23(m): 7:23am On Jan 14, 2016
diva90:

Unfortunately I can't reveal my identity on this forum but I'll give you a vague clue... My wedding was featured on BellaNaija. smiley
link to bellanaija where your wedding was featured and your private picture to my mail to confirm. Seen is believing.

I am asking for much cos I noticed nlders preach what they don't practice. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by Nobody: 7:48am On Jan 14, 2016
SAMBARRY:
Instead of ushers can't you use your younger siblings and their friends as ushers same with your wife's younger siblings and their friends from church or school .money for ushering has gone.just pay for their outfit and hairdo

Welcome dear
I remember your birthday breakdown
All your sins were forgiven at that point grin grin grin

Please break down this wedding cost for us
Not everyone can afford 900K
A banker on 80k a month getting married to someone just finishing NYSC cannot afford a 900k wedding or they will be drinking gari for a year afterwards and they will be fighting over finance everyday.
Help the masses with figures abeg.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by Nobody: 7:57am On Jan 14, 2016
diva90:
I don't recommend offers like this to any couple that have money. If you have money, invest in quality because it's a once in a life time wedding. You can only imagine the quality of services that will be offered to you at such a budget. The cost of all these on a regular day at an average Lagos/abuja wedding of 350-400 guests is nothing less than 3 million. If you decide to have 500k wedding, you already know it's Fanta, Coke and zobo that your guests will be drinking.

My dear ive been involved with "high class" weddings
Weddings where one caterer alone was charging over a million and there was more than one caterer at the event,
At the end of the day not all guests got fed
Many a time its not how much you spend but planning and preparation

I was at one of those "high class" partys recently where they were giving out bottles of baileys to guests as souvenir, however at this same party when the caterers came round with pepper soup, chapman etc, they would see 10 people on a table but only put down 5. The one meat on my plate was bone and at this same party there was no water and my husband had to go across the road to a shop to get me water to drink.

Sometimes its even better to put family members in charge. At least they will have your best interest at heart.

It is possible to have a "cheap" but classy event where everyone has food, drink and a lots of fun

No point buying 1000 bottles of moet if only 3 tables will be served.

P.s there is nothing wrong with Fanta and coke o! if that is what the couple can afford.
There is plenty of time to throw Hennessey parties in the future when they can afford it.
My aunty served snacks at her wedding. The same aunty now ............
There is time for everything. The pocket dictates. Coats should be cut according to ones cloth.

A peaceful and understanding union is more important that Banke Meshida make up but today the pressure is so much on the bride and groom to overspend & forgetting the important things.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by Nobody: 8:00am On Jan 14, 2016
Wedding is just a day but if you have the money 900k is not up to money used in paying for a hall.

I attended a wedding the hall alone is 2m, with heavy security presence. The drinks and food will be more than 3m.

So 900k is not too much for your big day. Besides some family and friends will even help out.

But if you don't have the money 50k is enough for your big day.

4 Likes

Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by Acidosis(m): 8:11am On Jan 14, 2016
Oyind17, so you also support N900k wedding that doesn't even cover bridal and groom's wears and logistics?

I trust my mama sha, she won't even allow me pay any caterer. Anytime I remember the number of women that will gladly cook for me back home at no cost ehn, I just smile and say thank you JESUS.

Besides, location counts a lot. Lagos weddings are really expensive! If your bride has a family somewhere else, its always better to leave Lagos. Why would I want to pay roughly N1m for venue, when I personally have access to free halls and church auditorium back home?

Not all pastors tell their members to pay for hall like most people do in Lagos. Most still conduct weddings freely cos marriage is ordained by God.

People should also stop condemning fanta and coke. The price of a can of coke = a can of Malt. If my guests cannot drink that, then I can't help them. Even if I have the money in excess, as I earlier described, I'll spend the money on my house and save some for my children's school fees.

6 Likes

Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by Nobody: 8:23am On Jan 14, 2016
Acidosis:
Oyind17, so you also support N900k wedding that doesn't even cover bridal and groom's wears and logistics?

I trust my mama sha, she won't even allow me pay any caterer. Anytime I remember the number of women that will gladly cook for me back home at no cost ehn, I just smile and say thank you JESUS.

Besides, location counts a lot. Lagos weddings are really expensive! If your bride has a family somewhere else, its always better to leave Lagos. Why would I want to pay roughly N1m for venue, when I personally have access to free halls and church auditorium back home?

Not all pastors tell their members to pay for hall. Most still conduct weddings freely cos marriage is ordained by God.

People should also stop condemning fanta and coke. The price can of a can of coke = a can of Malt. If my guests cannot drink that, then I can't help them. Even if I have the money in excess, as o earlier described, I'll spend the money on my house and save some for my children's school fees.
Beloved I mean if you have the money. Like the wedding I was talking about one guy gathered about 29 bottles of Moet, the MCs were celebrities Gordons and Helen that lady with small voice. They have the money but for someone that is still struggling I will say cut your coat according to your cloth.

I av been to a wedding were the brother have only 20k and everyone in the Church helped the young couple dream come true. someone bought the suit, another cake etc...... and the wedding was a huge success.

4 Likes

Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by Nobody: 8:44am On Jan 14, 2016
Acidosis:

LOL Im old enough to remember when wedding receptions were held on school fields and school halls grin

7 Likes

Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by Acidosis(m): 9:09am On Jan 14, 2016
Oyind17:

Beloved I mean if you have the money. Like the wedding I was talking about one guy gathered about 29 bottles of Moet, the MCs were celebrities Gordons and Helen that lady with small voice. They have the money but for someone that is still struggling I will say cut your coat according to your cloth.

I av been to a wedding were the brother have only 20k and everyone in the Church helped the young couple dream come true. someone bought the suit, another cake etc...... and the wedding was a huge success.
Cool!
Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by Acidosis(m): 9:10am On Jan 14, 2016
tearoses:

LOL Im old enough to remember when wedding receptions were held on school fields and school halls grin
Lol,

..its still happening till date o, especially school field receptions.

3 Likes

Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by SAMBARRY: 9:35am On Jan 14, 2016
Tear baby grin
so you Don turn me to accountant general aka Alajo shomolu abi? grin

Ok na grin

Ok so to the Matter for a salary earner of 80k make hr just respect himself and do engagement and court wedding

He'll buy lace of 500naira per yard for his wife and himself and the wife will use 6 yards that's 3,000naira.aso oke isn't necessary he can buy gele and ipele of 1000 naira making it 4,000 naira
Pay the bride price which totally shouldn't be more than 10k. Alaga iduro and ijoko shouldn't be more than 20k

Then feeding. No need for long thing just call all those local alase and give them 15k.they'll know how to manage the resources and remove the money for their services

Drinks isn't compulsory. Just get like 5packs of table water since it's a small engagement ceremony. Let YOUR younger siblings distribute to the guest. A pack should be like 1,500 or at most 2k so let's say 5packs will make 10k

So calculate everything. You'll see it's 21k.
then venue.if he doesn't have money to pay for hall just redecorate your sitting room.lobatan.remove all the dinning tables and chairs to suit an engagement party.put the rug where the groom's will doable and use the dinning table to put all the yams Palmolive etc the groom's brought. Just find better table cloth that match the colour of the day
tearoses:

Welcome dear
I remember your birthday breakdown
All your sins were forgiven at that point grin grin grin

Please break down this wedding cost for us
Not everyone can afford 900K
A banker on 80k a month getting married to someone just finishing NYSC cannot afford a 900k wedding or they will be drinking gari for a year afterwards and they will be fighting over finance everyday.
Help the masses with figures abeg.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by cococandy(f): 10:34am On Jan 14, 2016
Too late OP. Where were you when I got married? angry

Dunno about others though but the budget is pretty cool for what they claim to offer in services.
I know some catering services that will charge way more than that for same or less service.

P. S I'm not saying everyone should have the same level of wedding. just saying that the OP isn't ripping anyone off with their prices as it sounds totally reasonable for all the services they provide.

5 Likes

Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by Nobody: 10:59am On Jan 14, 2016
SAMBARRY:
Tear baby grin
so you Don turn me to accountant general aka Alajo shomolu abi? grin

Ok na grin

Ok so to the Matter for a salary earner of 80k make hr just respect himself and do engagement and court wedding

He'll buy lace of 500naira per yard for his wife and himself and the wife will use 6 yards that's 3,000naira.aso oke isn't necessary he can buy gele and ipele of 1000 naira making it 4,000 naira
Pay the bride price which totally shouldn't be more than 10k. Alaga iduro and ijoko shouldn't be more than 20k

Then feeding. No need for long thing just call all those local alase and give them 15k.they'll know how to manage the resources and remove the money for their services

Drinks isn't compulsory. Just get like 5packs of table water since it's a small engagement ceremony. Let YOUR younger siblings distribute to the guest. A pack should be like 1,500 or at most 2k so let's say 5packs will make 10k

So calculate everything. You'll see it's 21k.
then venue.if he doesn't have money to pay for hall just redecorate your sitting room.lobatan.remove all the dinning tables and chairs to suit an engagement party.put the rug where the groom's will doable and use the dinning table to put all the yams Palmolive etc the groom's brought. Just find better table cloth that match the colour of the day

Mo trust e Sambarry smiley
That your kids birthday tips was very eye opening
You should be our Finance Minister.

I hope you are making good use of this your talent.
Nigeria needs more of you.
Seriously.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by BridalAssistant(f): 11:06am On Jan 14, 2016
I thank you all for your contributions.

First off, i'd like to say that a wedding isn't ever something whose expenses are borne by one party. It's a joint affair between the bride and her groom as well as their parents/families. Save for a few exceptions, this is the norm. There are folks who might argue to the contrary, but I personally have never worked on a wedding project where all the funds are coming from just one source. In light of that, one can see how the budget can be spread amongst the celebrating parties.

Second off, please bear in mind that this is a budget for 350 guests. I've read comments about spending 15k or 20k or 100k. You want to spend 15k in entertaining 350 guests? You want to give them cabin biscuits and pure water? Even "Mama Put" won't accept 15k to feed 300 guests. And that's even just food alone. The Budget which I have given includes a wide range of services which many consider essential to the event.

I am going to go out on a limb here and state that many of the people who baulk at this budget aren't married or even planning a wedding. And if they ARE married, it wasn't in the span of the last 3years. Otherwise you'd know the actual costs of various elements having shopped around for prices.

As has been rightly said, one has the option to cut one's coat according to one's cloth. An intending couple who feels that the prices are to high can opt to shave off some services which I have listed. Small chops aren't compulsory to serve at your wedding, nor are cocktails. You don't have to have a D.J; just play music from your laptop or buy a mix tape and have one of your friends man the music. A standard photographer isn't necessary in this age where there are many photo apps to pick and choose from. Have all your guests play ad hoc photographer and send the pictures they've taken to you. Make up is another item that can easily be deleted from the list. Someone stated using your sisters and their friends as ushers to attend to guests as opposed to hiring professionals who know their onions, so you have ushers struck off the list. Ditto for coordinators. Also, who needs an MC? The programme will clearly state what items are on the agenda, so everyone knows what's happening at every point in time at the wedding. As for feeding, if you can introduce me to a "Mama Put" who will feed your 350 guests with 15k, and also provide services such as table settings and such, I'd like to work with them in the nearest future. The cake? Sister Mary in church can bake that for free. But you can't hold Sister Mary accountable for any mishaps, cos she's doing you a favour and you should actually be grateful to her that she even deigned to grace your wedding with her half-baked contraption. The bridal bouquet and accessories are entirely unnecessary. After all, I'm old enough to have lived at a time when you could easily go over to the neighbours compound and cut branches of bougainvillea and assemble into some semblance of a bouquet. Ditto on the decor. Just have the kids in your compound blow up some balloons and tie them haphazardly all around the school hall. And there! You have your 50k wedding! There are always "cheaper" options for people who want to get angsty about costs.

Having said, I'd like for us to bear in mind that the quotes I have given aren't arbitrary; I have liaised with vendors whose integrity has been unquestioned in my experience in working with them on past projects and they have been gracious as to agree to my request for bargain prices. The standard cost for all those items on that list would ordinarily be in the neighbourhood of 1.2 - 1.5m given the current state of the economy.
These people also have operation costs to cover.

Also, please bear in mind that as with standard economics, a wedding has fixed costs and variable costs. Certain items will have their costs align with the number of guests you're looking to host. Things like coordination, food and drinks and decor. While others are fixed irregardless of how many guests you're hosting; photography, D.J, M.C, Makeup, Outfits, etc. Therefore you can host the number of guests that you feel you can afford, taking this into consideration. 500, 400, 300, 100 or 50. It's all up to you.
Those who want to challenge the veracity of these claims, and who feel they've got better options which guarantee the BEST value for money, are free to present their own quotes. But many who've actually planned or held a wedding with standard services in a city such as Lagos will testify to the things that have been stated.

Thank you all for your audience.
To find out more about how we can help bring your wedding plans to fruition, please email us at aprilconcierge.ng@gmail.com or bbm 7F6FADCF.
We look forward to hearing from you!

11 Likes

Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by Jahblessme: 11:11am On Jan 14, 2016
^^
Welcome to nairaland.
If you are not planning poverty stricken wedding,poverty stricken budget for your home,poverty stricken stuff for your new born baby,you get slated.People tend to forget that it's a wide demographic,different people,different backgrounds.
Your 900k will be a budget wedding for some people,however you can also indulge some others and also cater to 5k wedding.Nothing wrong with that in itself.Just stick to what's available to you and leave those that want to spend 20 million alone.Not a crime.
Soon someone wil jump in and say he planned wedding for 200 people with 1k.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by BridalAssistant(f): 11:18am On Jan 14, 2016
cococandy:
Too late OP. Where were you when I got married? angry

Dunno about others though but the budget is pretty cool for what they claim to offer in services.
I know some catering services that will charge way more than that for same or less service.

P. S I'm not saying everyone should have the same level of wedding. just saying that the OP isn't ripping anyone off with their prices as it sounds totally reasonable for all the services they provide.

Thank you ma'am.

2 Likes

Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by yetseyi(f): 11:25am On Jan 14, 2016
Interesting...

Anybody can decide to spend any amount on their wedding.

But theres really nothing wrong in giving your guests coke, fanta or zobo if that what one can afford

The one that pisses me of is when you borrow money and then start paying debt after the wedding or you get services on credit hoping to pay with the money you will be sprayed with. I just cant understand that kind of reasoning what if they dont spray you cash?

3 Likes

Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by Acidosis(m): 11:49am On Jan 14, 2016
You need to throw an impressive light on the purpose of the thread. Are you here to advertise your biz as a wedding planner or convince the market (Nairalanders) that N900k is a budget fund for a wedding?

You need to understand the percentage of intending couples who are ready to consult a wedding planner.

A large percentage of Nigerians who are willing to utilize the services of a wedding planner won't consider N900k a budget fund. Only a wealthy groom/bride would want to outsource the whole event to a planner.

Guess what, those you try to convince with the word BUDGET will find the fee to be outrageous. It is outrageous, not because your fees are high, but the fact that a struggling-budget bachelor would never consider patronising a wedding planner.

I don't know if I'm making sense here but please try and understand the business-consequence of your ad.

The category of budget folks are those who utilize the love and attention of their friends, family and church members.

3 Likes

Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by SAMBARRY: 12:10pm On Jan 14, 2016
tearoses:

Mo trust e Sambarry smiley
You should be our Finance Minister.

I hope you are making good use of this your talent.
Nigeria needs more of you.
Seriously.
o yes.I'm putting it to good use grin

Thank u o jare wink

1 Like

Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 14, 2016
BTW 350 guest are too many

3 Likes

Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by BridalAssistant(f): 12:40pm On Jan 14, 2016
Acidosis:
You need to throw an impressive light on the purpose of the thread. Are you here to advertise your biz as a wedding planner or convince the market (Nairalanders) that N900k is a budget fund for a wedding?

You need to understand the percentage of intending couples who are ready to consult a wedding planner.

A large percentage of Nigerians who are willing to utilize the services of a wedding planner won't consider N900k a budget fund. Only a wealthy groom/bride would want to outsource the whole event to a planner.

Guess what, those you try to convince with the word BUDGET will find the fee to be outrageous. It is outrageous, not because your fees are high, but the fact that a struggling-budget bachelor would never consider patronising a wedding planner.

I don't know if I'm making sense here but please try and understand the business-consequence of your ad.

The category of budget folks are those who utilize the love and attention of their friends, family and church members.

In my experience in the industry, 900k is considered a budget for couples looking to host 350 guests with excellent services provides by the all afore-listed vendors.
If you have got quotes from vendors to the contrary of what has been listed, please share with the house, good sir.

Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by BridalAssistant(f): 12:43pm On Jan 14, 2016
Oyind17:
BTW 350 guest are too many

A 350-head count is the average size of many weddings. Which is why we have collected quotes from vendors based on that number.

2 Likes

Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by Askseek(f): 12:45pm On Jan 14, 2016
BridalAssistant:
I thank you all for your contributions.

First off, i'd like to say that a wedding isn't ever some thing whose expenses are borne by one party. It's a joint affair between the bride and her groom as well as their parents/families. Save for a few exceptions, this is the norm. There are folks who might argue to the contrary, but I personally have never worked on a wedding project where all the funds are coming from just one source. In light of that, one can see how the budget can be spread amongst the celebrating parties.

Second off, please bear in mind that this is a budget for 350 guests. I've read comments about spending 15k or 20k or 100k. You want to spend 15k in entertaining 350 guests? You want to give them cabin biscuits and pure water?Even "Mama Put" won't accept 15k to feed 300 guests. And that's even just food alone. The Budget which I have given includes a wide range of services which many consider essential to the event.

I am going to go out on a limb here and state that many of the people who baulk at this budget aren't married or even planning a wedding. And if they ARE married, it wasn't in the span of the last 3years.

As has been rightly said, one has the option to cut one's coat according to one's cloth. An intending couple who feels that the prices are to high can opt to shave off some services which I have listed. Small chops aren't compulsory to serve at your wedding, nor are cocktails. You don't have to have a D.J; just play music from your laptop or by a mix tape and have one of your friends man the music. A standard photographer isn't necessary in this age where there are many photo apps to pick and choose from. Have all your guests play ad hoc photographer and send the pictures they've taken to you. Make up is another item that can easily be deleted from the list. Someone stated using your sisters and their friends as ushers to attend to guests as opposed to hiring professionals who know their onions, so you have ushers struck off the list. Ditto for coordinators. Also, who needs an MC? They programme will clearly state what items are on the agenda, so everyone knows what's happening at every point in time at the wedding. As for feeding, if you can introduce me to a "Mama Put" who will feed your 350 guests with 15k, and also provide services such as table settings and such, I'd like to work with them in the nearest future. The cake? Sister Mary in church can bake that for free. But you can't hold Sister Mary accountable for any mishaps, cos she's doing you a favour and you should actually be grateful to her that she even deigned to grace your wedding with her half-baked contraption. The bridal bouquet and accessories are entirely unnecessary. After all, I'm old enough to have lived at a time when you could easily go over to the neighbours compound and cut branches of bougainvillea and assemble into some semblance of a bouquet. Ditto on the decor. Just have the kids in your compound blow up some balloons and tie them haphazardly all around the school hall. And there! You have your 50k wedding! There are always "cheaper" options for people who want to get angsty about costs.

Having said, I'd like for us to bear in mind that the quotes I have given aren't arbitrary; I have liaised with vendors whose integrity has been unquestioned in my experience in working with them on past projects and they have been gracious as to agree to my request for bargain prices. The standard cost for all those items on that list would ordinarily be in the neighbourhood of 1.2 - 1.5m given the current state of the economy.
These people also have operation costs to cover.

Also, please bear in mind that as with standard economics, a wedding has fixed costs and variable costs. Certain items will have their costs align with the number of guests you're looking to host. Things like coordination, food and drinks and decor. While others are fixed irregardless of how many guests you're hosting; photography, D.J, M.C, Makeup, Outfits, etc. Therefore you can host the number of guests that you feel you can afford, taking this into consideration. 500, 400, 300, 100 or 50. It's all up to you.
Those who want to challenge the veracity of these claims, and who feel they've got better options which guarantee the BEST value for money, are free to present their own quotes. But many who've actually planned or held a wedding with standard services in a city such as Lagos will testify to the things that have been stated.

Thank you all for your audience.
To find out more about how we can help bring your wedding plans to fruition, please email us at aprilconcierge.ng@gmail.com

All your points are valid however let me point out something you might have missed, when you use the word budget, you are targeting a particular demographic and the price you quoted is very far from being considered a budget for the average Nigerian. Again if you cater to particular populace it's important you indicate that, that way those who are truly on a budget as the word implies will steer clear. Here are some suggestions if you want to offer services for people on a budget. Find out what resources they have to minimise cost or have more funds available to divert to other things. Find out where they want to get the biggest bang from.

1. Do they have a free or cheap venue. Suggest using local schools in their community, or the yard of a family or friend?

2. Can they borrow cars from their family or friends?

3. Can they get servers from their church, you will provide the coordinator, this way you minimise the effect alternate loyalties will have on the flow of food and souvenirs.

Other thing is when you put yourself out here, you need to not be so sensitive about the responses you get. You are running a business. Take the feedback and do something with it. I believe that a business is most successful when you cater to the general populace and the truth is more people will spend way less than 900k on their wedding. These group of people do not use planners and looking down on them, or being condescending is truly a poor choice if you are trying to tap into this populace for business.

2 Likes

Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jan 14, 2016
BridalAssistant:

A 350-head count is the average size of many weddings. Which is why we have collected quotes from vendors based on that number.
what if the couple want less than that?
Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by BridalAssistant(f): 12:56pm On Jan 14, 2016
Askseek:

All your points are valid however let me point out something you might have missed, when you use the word budget, you are targeting a particular demographic and the price you quoted is very far from being considered a budget for the average Nigerian. Again if you cater to particular populace it's important you indicate that, that way those who are truly on a budget as the word implies will steer clear. Here are some suggestions if you want to offer services for people on a budget. Find out what resources they have to minimise cost or have more funds available to divert to other things. Find out where they want to get the biggest bang from.

1. Do they have a free or cheap venue. Suggest using local schools in their community, or the yard of a family or friend?

2. Can they borrow cars from their family or friends?

3. Can they get servers from their church, you will provide the coordinator, this way you minimise the effect alternate loyalties will have on the flow of food and souvenirs.

Other thing is when you put yourself out here, you need to not be so sensitive about the responses you get. You are running a business. Take the feedback and do something with it. I believe that a business is most successful when you cater to the general populace and the truth is more people will spend way less than 900k on their wedding. These group of people do not use planners and looking down on them, or being condescending is truly a poor choice if you are trying to tap into this populace for business.

My intention was never to look down on anybody. My response was written in light-hearted banter/ quirky humor. Apologies if it came across as tightly-wound or high-strung. Having said, the offer is for bargain prices FOR the listed services. Of course I realize that there are couples who would rather not hire professional vendors for some of the items I listed- folks who would rather have family members or friends do the job.

But for the items on the list, for an intending couple who wants to hire professionals to provide all the services stated, and considering the going rate of said items, the price is just right to be classified as a budget.

3 Likes

Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by BridalAssistant(f): 12:59pm On Jan 14, 2016
Oyind17:

what if the couple want less than that?

If a couple is looking to host less than 350 guests, we can work out a new budget based on quotes from our vendors. However, bear in mind the principle of fixed and variable costs. I have already stated that some items will still be at the same constant rate regardless of the head count, whilst the cost of others will vary with the head count.
Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by agarawu23(m): 2:43pm On Jan 14, 2016
cococandy:
[b] Too late OP. Where were you when I got married? angry

[/b]you can remarry now, I am available for u wink .

BridalAssistant:

Thank you ma'am.
Mrs/miss,
I read your above write up and I must tell you nobody is telling you your charge is high but you shouldn't have used the word "budget" wink . some can even afford more than that and I wish u success in your business wink smiley

There was a day I jokingly ask my bae to tell me how much I should budget for our wedding and she happily told me 1m. shocked

Background really matters in wedding preparation and it also depends on the social life of the couples parents. Someone like me, I imagine the look I will put on my dad's face when I tell him I am budgeting 200k for my wedding cos only his club members are up to 120 not to talk of friends and family we will invite and ofcus he will want to impress friends with the standard of the event. (So 80% cash will be coming from him because I no send am message).

I don't know if other guys has same mentality with me sha cos I prefer 100% traditional wedding, no wedding gown and suit crap ( as an African man smiley ). I attended a wedding years ago and everything was pure traditonal and I was since then carried away by the event.

A low wedding for average Nigeria shouldn't be more than 250-300k (e too much sef cos our minimum wage na 18k and the governors are still debating on the reduction) grin

For folks who don't have much.

1. We have cheap suit and wedding gown that won't cost much (that's if they are doing white cos to me, that white wedding is crap)

2. Don't pass your boundary renting hall, use your neighbours compounds, street, field or any available open space close to your neighborhood.

3. I will advice couples planning to get married to spend more money on food instead of unnecessary designs that won't feed empty stomachs that will attend your wedding. Blv me, if people are satisfied, they will give u something good and spray u well (talking from experience). Abi you think say empty stomach wey no see food chop to put hand for pocket give u money ? cheesy

4. You know you dont have much, so don't invite much guest. The more guest, the more food.

5. All that decoration are just to beautify the event so stop giving yourself sleepless night cos people can sit comfortably on ordinary chairs . anybody that's not comfortable should bring his/her sofa from home cheesy.

6. Mind you, some of these people we call guest are just there to mock u but you just need to concentrate on your ceremony and make sure everybody are served and never care about what people will say because its your life cool

7. DON'T EVER borrow money to do wedding o, if your budget isnt enough, delete some cos nobody will help you feed your family after the event.

8. We guys know the kind of ladies that don't care about how much you will spend on your wedding (go for them So that 2 can divide 4) wink. We have ladies that their mouth are so wide and they are expecting a big wedding after attending one in lekki/magodo/vgc and these set of ladies are from poor background o. Ask them how much their dad spent to marry their mother lipsrsealed RUN for them

9. If you don't have money to do wedding, call your pastor/alfa to come to your house and join both of you together (which I blv is the main compulsory thing, others na 'jara'). When God finally answer your prayer, do a lavish wedding anniversary when the marriage is still sweet and intact after years.

Chai! I attended a wedding in festac years ago, omg! The guy spend money no be small and that's why I respect igbos when it comes to wedding ceremony. Though Yoruba's spend lavishly on parties too but Igbo ppl dey try especially the rich ones.

6 Likes

Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jan 14, 2016
@Bridalassistant

This is what I think, I find your budget suspicious.

First thing it makes no mention of venue that will hold 350 guests. If decoration is part of this deal then where are they decorating and what is the package for that decoration. Is the couple supposed to select and pay for venue ? Details details!
Bare in mind some venues don't need decorating.

Secondly you mentioned MC , which one who is he/she how do we know their work and skill. An inappropriate MC can mar a reception.

Same issue with the make-up artist. A lot more people can do their own makeup with so many YouTube tutorials. So if make-up is part of the deal whose the makeup artist. Is she making up just the bride or with her bridesmaids.

And photography hmmm
Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by tpiah2: 4:31pm On Jan 14, 2016
diva90:

Bellanaija has featured hundreds or thousands of weddings, which one was yours?

scammers, ignore my post.
Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by tpiah2: 4:36pm On Jan 14, 2016
Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jan 14, 2016
Spending millions on wedding is not my issue. I see wedding receptions as events with no baring on the success of the marriage.

So I would splurge on the things I find important.
Food....i love food varieties and enough mede mede for ALL guests no need to hoard.

Photography....have a good dose of respect for photography so I'll this a a freebie from friends

Venue: Cool and comfortable don't like doing anything when sun is hot so late afternoon evening reception.
Re: Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jan 14, 2016
salsera:
Spending millions on wedding is not my issue. I see wedding receptions as events with no baring on the success of the marriage.

So I would splurge on the things I find important.
Food....i love food varieties and enough mede mede for ALL guests no need to hoard.

Photography....have a good dose of respect for photography so I'll this a a freebie from friends

Venue: Cool and comfortable don't like doing anything when sun is hot so late afternoon evening reception.

The issue with most partys is food and if you can have that covered then you are good to go grin

seriously if you don't do anything, just make sure that you have several trusted people in charge of food

even if you hire 1 million naira caterers they can still mess up and make you look as if you didn't spend a penny on food
one of my auntys after paying one of these efizzy caterers to cook and serve 300 plates of food, halfway through the event she was told "food don finish"
My aunty left the high table to go and speak to the caterer. The caterer was even packing up at this point.
caterer said "madam we have served 300 people"
my aunty said show me 300 dirty plates
They could only produce 170
No one told the caterer before she started offloading coolers from her van angry
Thats how they spoil peoples party's

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Can I Handle My Younger Brother / Ways To Make Your Wife Listen To You / Why Should A Father Make Love To His Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.