Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,823 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. - Travel (114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. (628637 Views)

23-year-old Zambian Pilot Fulfills Dream Of Flying Parents / Opportunity For Nurses And Midwives To Work In Dubai / Working Abroad Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by IYIMAN: 12:52pm On Jan 01, 2020
Happy new year

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by James150: 9:01am On Jan 02, 2020
please I have a couple of questions.

1. Please can a freshly graduate of college of nursing school November or December 2019
Get to the UK and get a job 2020
2. Can you work and complete your bsn nursing in one year
3. Can you go to the UK to do the 1 year nursing rn to bsc on campus and be working as a nurse.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by yrash: 6:27pm On Jan 03, 2020
The house I salute u all.
I am fresh graduate of BNSC and having intention of working abroad; UK, US or CANADA.pls enlight me on things to do and how to do it. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by bns4eva: 9:13pm On Jan 03, 2020
yrash:
The house I salute u all.
I am fresh graduate of BNSC and having intention of working abroad; UK, US or CANADA.pls enlight me on things to do and how to do it. Thanks

You will need IELTS and CBT for UK,

You need to register with cgfns for credential evaluation service, register with any state board or nursing you like to work in, and after all thesez you will write NCLEX exam to work I'm USA

I don't know much on Canada

Please you can read this thread from the beginning to have full knowledge
Goodday

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by yrash: 11:35am On Jan 04, 2020
bns4eva:

You will need IELTS and CBT for UK,

You need to register with cgfns for credential evaluation service, register with any state board or nursing you like to work in, and after all thesez you will write NCLEX exam to work I'm USA

I don't know much on Canada

Please you can read this thread from the beginning to have full knowledge
Goodday
Thank you
Pls how can I apply for this IELTS and CBT. If u will be please can I have your WhatsApp ACCTS no. Thanks again
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by millykel: 2:43pm On Jan 04, 2020
fendorf:
you need it for visascreen
please ma, hope they are taking OET now..
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by fendorf(m): 4:07pm On Jan 04, 2020
millykel:

please ma, hope they are taking OET now..
lol I’m a guy.only ielts
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by bns4eva: 6:04pm On Jan 04, 2020
yrash:

Thank you
Pls how can I apply for this IELTS and CBT. If u will be please can I have your WhatsApp ACCTS no. Thanks again

Send me pm, I will reply you..
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by yrash: 8:03am On Jan 05, 2020
bns4eva:

Send me pm, I will reply you..
Ok
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by dguyindcorner(m): 3:16pm On Jan 06, 2020
I'm a Nurse and I just passed my IELTS.
I have a couple of questions I will like you to help shed more light as regards UKNMC:

1. how long does it take if you would like your family to join after passing the osce exam? What is the process involved?

2. Any disadvantage of using recruitment agent?

Thank you
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Rubygold1: 4:53am On Jan 07, 2020
Hello house. I am a nurse willing to travel to the UK and i have just passed my IELTS. I have a few questions and will appreciate prompt response from those who have recently been through this phase.
1) Do i have to apply with NMCUK before writing the CBT exam?

2) How do i go about writing the CBT exam? Name of website? ( i saw pearsonvue online but not sure if i can pay from there) Do we have CBT exam centres in Southwest Nigeria?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Valnos: 6:47pm On Jan 07, 2020
Hello Nurses

Am an intern Nurse , I am interested in writing NCLEX. Can I start the NMCN verification with council using my intern license ?

Thanks in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jan 07, 2020
Rubygold1:
Hello house. I am a nurse willing to travel to the UK and i have just passed my IELTS. I have a few questions and will appreciate prompt response from those who have recently been through this phase.
1) Do i have to apply with NMCUK before writing the CBT exam?

2) How do i go about writing the CBT exam? Name of website? ( i saw pearsonvue online but not sure if i can pay from there) Do we have CBT exam centres in Southwest Nigeria?

log on to the NMC website to open an account then complete the self assessment of eligibility before applying. This costs £140.
NOTE: UK NMC has 4 registration fields which are; Adult nursing, mental health nursing, learning disability nursing and children nursing. As a single qualified nurse in Nigeria,your application should come under Adult Nursing.
http://www.nmc.org.uk.
once you pass the self assessment of eligibility, you can go ahead and schedule your CBT.

theres a CBT test centre in lagos
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jan 07, 2020
Valnos:
Hello Nurses

Am an intern Nurse , I am interested in writing NCLEX. Can I start the NMCN verification with council using my intern license ?

Thanks in anticipation.

You need 2years post registration experience as part of ur eligibility. You barely have up to a year's experience so i doubt your eligibility status. Account with CGFN closes after one year so you don't want to waste your money starting the process when all the required documents ain't readily available for evaluation.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by dguyindcorner(m): 11:12am On Jan 08, 2020
Mehree:

You need 2years post registration experience as part of ur eligibility. You barely have up to a year's experience so i doubt your eligibility status. Account with CGFN closes after one year so you don't want to waste your money starting the process when all the required documents ain't readily available for evaluation.

I have a couple of questions I will like you to help shed more light as regards UKNMC:

1. how long does it take if you would like your family to join after passing the OSCE exam? What is the process involved?

Thank you
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Endywitty: 10:15pm On Jan 08, 2020
My good people in the house, Pls is there any update about the NCLEX exam that is to start in South Africa this month?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by bns4eva: 11:08pm On Jan 08, 2020
Endywitty:
My good people in the house, Pls is there any update about the NCLEX exam that is to start in South Africa this month?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by IYIMAN: 8:58am On Jan 09, 2020
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jan 09, 2020
dguyindcorner:

1. how long does it take if you would like your family to join after passing the OSCE exam? What is the process involved?

Thank you

1)An agency would give you an option of travelling with your spouse and kids(less than 18years) but at your expenses or just you but all cost covered then after or year or 2(or probably less) you can get ur family over.

2)Well, Most Agency offer refund of your ielts/CBT, visa, Accommodation and OSCE registration and tutoring but then If you don't want to pay for someone's connections, time and travel advice, using an agent may not be worthwhile to you. "There’s really no set fee structure," And while in many instances a recruitment agency can help you clinch the greatest values, you will need to pay for their consultation hours, efforts and knowledge by signing a 2/3years contract with them while working as a registered nurse, its left for u to be aware of the terms set out in the agreement before venturing into it, so u see?If they handle the arrangements for you, that money will most likely come back to you in one form or another.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Boscojugunu(m): 10:09pm On Jan 09, 2020
Can I work in Saudi with my RN
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by duchessmojisola: 1:35am On Jan 10, 2020
Hi everyone,
Please to those applying to Texas Board of nursing
What does VR NIGERIA mean?
That popped up when i tried checking my page
If anyone has an idea , kindly explain ASAP.
Thanks in anticipation
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by confistified(m): 8:22am On Jan 10, 2020
BREAKING NEWS!!!

NMCN COMMENCES ONLINE VERIFICATION FOR NURSES MIGRATING TO UK ���

PRICE STILL REMAINS SAME

DOCUMENTS NEEDED FOR VERIFICATION INCLUDE:

1. HAND WRITTEN LETTER ADDRESSED TO THE REGISTRAR
2. BIRTH CERTIFICATE
3. NOTIFICATION LETTER OR ORIGINAL NURSING CERTIFICATE
4. FRONT AND BACK IMAGES OF CURRENT LICENSE (NOT EXPIRED)
5. PAYMENT OF 53,500 VIA REMMITA

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by dguyindcorner(m): 9:40am On Jan 10, 2020
Mehree:

1)An agency would give you an option of travelling with your spouse and kids(less than 18years) but at your expenses or just you but all cost covered then after or year or 2(or probably less) you can get ur family over.

2)Well, Most Agency offer refund of your ielts/CBT, visa, Accommodation and OSCE registration and tutoring but then If you don't want to pay for someone's connections, time and travel advice, using an agent may not be worthwhile to you. "There’s really no set fee structure," And while in many instances a recruitment agency can help you clinch the greatest values, you will need to pay for their consultation hours, efforts and knowledge by signing a 2/3years contract with them while working as a registered nurse, its left for u to be aware of the terms set out in the agreement before venturing into it, so u see?If they handle the arrangements for you, that money will most likely come back to you in one form or another.

Thank you for the swift response. So it depends on the agent's terms and conditions.

*would you recommend any agent or a platform where one can connect with agents?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Hunnybee: 12:25pm On Jan 10, 2020
Do not be mislead, no agency will ask you to pay a dime if you’re coming to UK, you also do not sign any agreement with the agency, the agreement is with your employer which you will sign anyway whether you use an agency or not. Chances of you paying your own fee increases if you go straight to employer without the agency. Any agency asking you to pay for UK processing is a fake and only out to dupe you.

dguyindcorner:

Thank you for the swift response. So it depends on the agent's terms and conditions.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Hunnybee: 12:26pm On Jan 10, 2020
Please do not mislead people, no agency should ask you to pay and using one is not detrimental to anyone, in reality it makes things easier

Mehree:

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jan 10, 2020
dguyindcorner:

My dear i can't recommend any agency for you so i don't get banned but you can get ur thorough search done with Job finder apps like INDEED, LINKEDIN and SEEK. you can maximize alot of agencies who would be willing to help long as u have the required IELTS score/CBT.

Note- non of these agencies would offer u a refund of all cost involved in this processes for free afterall, its no philanthropic organisation or setup, its why they are agencies, they'll make their Gain in one form or another.My sister used one, reasonable but was not free. Make your thorough search and get yourself the help you need.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jan 10, 2020
Hunnybee:
Please do not mislead people, no agency should ask you to pay and using one is not detrimental to anyone, in reality it makes things easier

pls don't say what you know nothing of, no agency would help you for free Ma'am. Most of this agencies offer a full refund of ielts cost/Cbt, processes one's visa to travel for the OSCE, help get a job as a pre-registered nurse while helping in tutoring one to pass the OSCE exams. All this for free at the end of the day? no! i know someone who used one and terms were discussed before it all started... An agency makes it all easier but its a joke to think its all for free. everyone's got to make their search for whats suitable for them though.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Hunnybee: 1:32pm On Jan 10, 2020
Sir/Ma, desist from saying what you do not know. NO AGENCY SHOULD ASK YOU TO PAY!!!!!!!!! Yes, all that for free from your end. Their pay comes from the employer who they have provided with an employee. You saying the agency offers refund goes to prove that you only have an idea about the whole thing. The employer offers to refund all or part of the money. How much you get back depends on each employer, weather you get a 1 month free accommodation or 3 months depends on the employer and has zilch to do with the agency. Same as weather you sign a 2year contract or 3years. Some employer will let you leave if you want to after 1 year, others will insist you have to stay for the term of your contract or refund the health surcharge and visa fee. I contacted 3 agencies myself before eventually settling for one and i paid no dime, same as about 15 other Nigerians i know here. Get you facts right.

Mehree:

pls don't say what you know nothing of, no agency would help you for free Ma'am. Most of this agencies offer a full refund of ielts cost/Cbt, processes one's visa to travel for the OSCE, help get a job as a pre-registered nurse while helping in tutoring one to pass the OSCE exams. All this for free at the end of the day? no! i know someone who used one and terms were discussed before it all started... An agency makes it all easier but its a joke to think its all for free. everyone's got to make their search for whats suitable for them though.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jan 10, 2020
i actually got an agency who posed as those who would make all the refunds, though they stated that they were somewhat afiliated with the employer i guess they wanted to make full exploitations, was recommended by a reliable source. thanks for the insight. would have to make some modifications then.

Hunnybee:
Sir/Ma, desist from saying what you do not know. NO AGENCY SHOULD ASK YOU TO PAY!!!!!!!!! Yes, all that for free from your end. Their pay comes from the employer who they have provided with an employee. You saying the agency offers refund goes to prove that you only have an idea about the whole thing. The employer offers to refund all or part of the money. How much you get back depends on each employer, weather you get a 1 month free accommodation or 3 months depends on the employer and has zilch to do with the agency. Same as weather you sign a 2year contract or 3years. Some employer will let you leave if you want to after 1 year, others will insist you have to stay for the term of your contract or refund the health surcharge and visa fee. I contacted 3 agencies myself before eventually settling for one and i paid no dime, same as about 15 other Nigerians i know here. Get you facts right.

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jan 10, 2020
Mehree:
i actually got an agency who posed as those who would make all the refunds, though they stated that they were somewhat afiliated with the employer i guess they wanted to make full exploitations, was recommended by a reliable source. thanks for the insight. would have to make some modifications then.
All boils down to getting a legit agency

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jan 10, 2020
While Most agencies would deprive you full disclosure of information just for exploitation purposes, its up for you to decide which to opt for after deligent search. On the other hand employers are somewhat affiliated with the agencies, so all contracts and incentives labelled out by the agencies stands in for the employer. Point is, whatever u decide, make no payments upfront. A trusted agency gets everything done totally free while they get their cut from the employer, the employer who gets their cut from your services. So its a chain, Like hunnybee states, i wasn't told it was the employer who was offering all the incentives, i got stucked with the idea that it was the agency who had everything covered, I made no payment whatever to the agency though, i only just found out when i was about terminating the contract earlier than stipulated, i wasnt hurt cos i lost nothing. So its best to get all the details right before settling for any. Most of these agencies gives u an option of travelling with your family but all cost on you while others don't. Like Mehree indicated, make ur diligent search on those sites(they are trusted) and make a pick. And please make no payments whatever to any agency. Use your head my brother.

dguyindcorner:

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jan 10, 2020
nice development.
No more Analog NMC.ng stuff�.
improved and swift services.
confistified:
BREAKING NEWS!!!

NMCN COMMENCES ONLINE VERIFICATION FOR NURSES MIGRATING TO UK ���

PRICE STILL REMAINS SAME

DOCUMENTS NEEDED FOR VERIFICATION INCLUDE:

1. HAND WRITTEN LETTER ADDRESSED TO THE REGISTRAR
2. BIRTH CERTIFICATE
3. NOTIFICATION LETTER OR ORIGINAL NURSING CERTIFICATE
4. FRONT AND BACK IMAGES OF CURRENT LICENSE (NOT EXPIRED)
5. PAYMENT OF 53,500 VIA REMMITA

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (220) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.