Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. - Travel (169) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. (630208 Views)

23-year-old Zambian Pilot Fulfills Dream Of Flying Parents / Opportunity For Nurses And Midwives To Work In Dubai / Working Abroad Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by steric58(m): 9:05am On Jul 14, 2021
steric58:
I'm presently at this stage, have passed the UK CBT since 2019, I just paid for the verification £140 and 17k NMCN verification. So I'm waiting for NMCN to verify me, hope I'm not at risk of starting all over again if NMCN didn't verify on time, I wrote the cbt October 2019, please kindly shed more light on this by the way I'm still struggling with ielts but somebody advised me to verify my cbt that it will extend the validity of the CBT results by 2 years I don't know how true this is in short
sad please can someone help with this I'm confused and overwhelmed
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by DELSEY: 7:51pm On Jul 14, 2021
steric58:
sad please can someone help with this I'm confused and overwhelmed
Your cbt has not bn ticked. More so how can cbt be done with bn verified by nmcn. Am confused myself. Abi is that the old process?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by steric58(m): 7:53pm On Jul 14, 2021
DELSEY:

Your cbt has not bn ticked. More so how can cbt be done with bn verified by nmcn. Am confused myself. Abi is that the old process?
the process was different in 2019
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by joshuabless: 11:35pm On Jul 14, 2021
Valnos:

Good morning Josh.

The path to Ireland is as follows
* Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland requires IELTS Overall - 7.0, at least. A 6.5 in ANY of the 4 bands is acceptable and the other 3 bands MUST be at least 7. They take OET as stated in page 34.

* After having the required IELTS or OET score, apply to NMBI for temporary pin/decision letter (DL). Your application will cost €350. www.nmbi.ie

*NMBI will send you an application pack, now via email. Complete the pack THOROUGHLY and attach required documents. IF ALL documents from your end are processed to get to NMBI timely, it will take about 3months to get a DL. You will need the following and few others as may apply:
+Active NMCN license
+CCPS/verification from NMCN
+Nursing certificates and professional transcripts
+Data page of international passport
+Name affidavits as applicable
+Reference from employer
+Reference from nursing school(s)
+Police clearance from Alagbon
*Birth certificate.
*Certified documents

* While expecting your DL, you can be looking out for employment opportunities, with recruiting agencies OR hospitals.

* DL will require you to pass either Royal College of Surgeons Ireland (RCSI) aptitude test or the 7-12weeks adaptation program.

* Between getting DL and arriving in Ireland for either of the two, a lot of paperwork will take place - atypical work permit processing, securing an offer of employment, candidate certificate and of course your entry visa. Depending on your employer, most of these can be chased on your behalf, except the visa application.

* Please note that you can do aptitude test as an independent self sponsored candidate, but adaptation program requires you to be attached to an Irish employer.

* Upon passing either, you get your permanent pin within few days, application for permanent pin requires €145.

* There will always be job opportunities, but most employers are no longer sponsoring for the aptitude test or adaptation program, so when you see one that is ready to co-fund, please don't waste your chance. Either an employer funds you or not, they demand for 2years contract bond, because your work permit process will require two full years contract.

#COPIED
Good luck Josh
thanks so much for the info. I really appreciate this.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by DELSEY: 1:08pm On Jul 15, 2021
DELSEY:

Visa alert!!!!!!!!!

So my Tier-2 visa journey was like this:

12th July Biometrics (SUPER PRIORITY VISA)
14th July Email to come pick up
15th July Picked up my passport

3 Year Tier-2 visa granted.

Thank you all

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Asauto(m): 3:31pm On Jul 15, 2021
DELSEY:

Visa alert!!!!!!!!!

Thank you all

This is great
Congratulations Delsey.
I just got verified today.
No ATT yet. Am Still hoping to write the old cbt sha

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by bns4eva: 6:36pm On Jul 15, 2021
Kwinessy23:
Good evening everyone

Am a student Midwife and will be writing my council exams by September..
1. Can I apply for CGFNS with my Midwifery License since I have not done my general Nursing??..
2.How do I start if I can apply

Am so happy I stumbled on this group last night I don't know why I feel so happy already when i'm yet to start the process which seems to be a long one...

Pls I anticipate your replies thanks..

A midwifery program alone doesnot provide qualification to practice as an RN in the USA .

A RM needs to be in conjunction with a general RN program.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Claudia00: 7:25pm On Jul 15, 2021
Congratulations.. when did you apply?
Asauto:

This is great
Congratulations Delsey.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by DELSEY: 7:49pm On Jul 15, 2021
Asauto:

This is great
Congratulations Delsey.
Congratulations to you too. It will be sent before the end of 14days

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Asauto(m): 9:35pm On Jul 15, 2021
Claudia00:
Congratulations.. when did you apply?
16th April
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by sharkdodo14: 11:25pm On Jul 15, 2021
Good evening everyone, nice meeting y'all virtually. Please I need a response before 18th of July.

I was verified on the 14th of this month and sent ATT same day but due to inadequate preparations I'm planning on taking the new CBT next month but found this in the mail sent to me from Pearson. Please o, will I not lose the authorisation to test if I do not register before 18?

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by faheez(m): 11:42pm On Jul 15, 2021
faheez:
Wonderful and successful pple of nairaland, pls let's not give room for dulling moment of this thread oo, let's keep it on
and as for me, I'm still a student nurse so I have quite a long way to go. (JUST EXPLORING )
I met myself here when the feelings of my future in this profession overwhelmed my heart,the prospect of the profession for me as a person and the prospect of the profession for my country Nigeria..

I'm just happy I stumbled on this highly informative topic
It gave me hope and life for this profession.
It has increased my ego. It made me understand that I'm in a very interesting profession just in a wrong country.

I want to use this opportunity to thank the op @barbie and everybody who has contributed in one way or the Other wellendowed etc. God bless you all.

right about now, I can't wait to finish my studies (that's gonna that I long time thou) but I have no fear knowing fully well that western world gat my back.

once again thank you to everyone, @mamajaz, I'm not forgetting you MA, and I hope pple will be ever ready to assist me too if I need any help.
Looking back to when I started lobbying for Mamajaz’s help 4years ago. And she never disappointed coz she came through and the rest now they say is history. God bless you ma

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Valnos: 4:19am On Jul 16, 2021
DELSEY:

Visa alert!!!!!!!!!

Thank you all

Congratulations Delsey.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by DELSEY: 4:58am On Jul 16, 2021
Valnos:

Congratulations Delsey.
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by napster007: 2:24pm On Jul 16, 2021
Finally got verified hy NMCN. @densley congrats can you share materials to prepare for CBT

Hope to receive ATT before the new exam.

File8379 at gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by emeraldoe(f): 4:58pm On Jul 16, 2021
napster007:
Finally got verified hy NMCN. @densley congrats can you share materials to prepare for CBT

File8379 at gmail.com
please how did you know you were already verified? Did u get an email?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by napster007: 10:31pm On Jul 16, 2021
Logged in NMC-UK and found it verified

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by emeraldoe(f): 6:59am On Jul 17, 2021
Ok
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by DELSEY: 8:26am On Jul 17, 2021
napster007:

File8379 at gmail.com
send me a mail on macbethgreen23@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by TCAT: 9:10am On Jul 17, 2021
Hello All, I am alitlle confused about employment in the UK as a Nurse.

1. If I get a job in the UK as a nurse for a 2 years contract,can I terminate the contract during this period as I wish to move to another country? What's the consequence of this?

Do I need to pay all the salary in advance for 2 years if I must terminate the contract? Or I pay 50%?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by mamajaz(f): 5:57pm On Jul 17, 2021
faheez:

Looking back to when I started lobbying for Mamajaz’s help 4years ago. And she never disappointed coz she came through and the rest now they say is history. God bless you ma

God bless you darling...do you mean it's 4 years already? I remember how we discussed sui generis, ewa, Asu....and many more stuffs. The battle of IELTS, the war to convince many caring people you were on a sensible mission...and the achievements.

Congratulations darling professional son. The sky is your stepping stone.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Greathand01: 6:56pm On Jul 17, 2021
Good day, please I have gotten 2 jobs with NHS now after going through numeracy and literacy assessments and MS Teams interviews.
But the bottle neck is now is that they are refusing to grant me COS even after attending their welcome sessions and filling the forms they sent to me.
Please is their other way I can get COS or a visa to work in the UK
Post granted: Clinical Support Worker &, HCA

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Juwon21: 8:22pm On Jul 17, 2021
Professionals in the house, I greet everyone and I pray God will grant our heart request in Jesus name. My question is how does someone with Bsc degree in community health and work experience as a community health professional can migrate to foreign countries. Anyone with idea or experience or steps to go about it. I will also appreciate any specific country.

Please answer my question
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Etin13: 10:28pm On Jul 17, 2021
Hello dear I'm new here. Pls can you tell me what materials are best when preparing for cgfns qualifying examination. Thanks
barbiee:
This thread is dedicated to all Nigerian trained nurses and midwives in search of greener pastures either in Uk, USA, CANADA, AUSTRALIA etc.

GREAT NURSES!! Together we stand, divided we fall.
I would like to use this medium to share my journey and experience as a Nigerian nurse aiming to be registered as a nurse in USA. Please feel free to comment and bring up suggestions as i share my step to step guide to nursing registration abroad. No man is an island of knowledge.

MY JOURNEY TO NURSING REGISTRATION IN TEXAS, USA : A GUIDE FOR NIGERIAN NURSES.

As we all know or must have heard, nurses are paid very well in USA, the opportunities, possibilities and career growth is endless and if you are ambitious like me, you would have thought of relocating too. if you have, then i have good news for you, it's not as hard and complicated as it seems if you follow the right steps.

You don't need any agent to assist you with your nursing registration, you can do it yourself. I repeat, YOU CAN DO IT YOURSELF.

Now enough with this chatter and let's start already.

To register as a nurse in USA you have to first of all decide on the state you want to work in, I'm not going to give the pros and cons of each state because this post is about my personal journey so I'm going to be limited to what I did and didn't do.

I decided to choose the state of Texas because in my opinion the Texas Board of nursing is not as strict to foreign nurses when compared to some other states. For example, they don't require English exams, they are customer friendly, they take their time to respond and answer all your questions. I know this because i took a long time to research and arrive at this conclusion. Moreover working as a nurse in Texas also has its benefits like no income taxes, it's a compact state and most of its population are black. I'm not racist but i figured being in a new country with no friends and family close by it would be comforting to see more blacks around you. shocked

After choosing a state, the next step is to register with CGFNS

This can be done at www.cgfns.org
Take note that the application fee is $350

CGFNS registration /application procedure

Log in to https://www.cgfns.org/cerpassweb/register.jsp to create a new application. Your application is only valid for 1 year so i would advise that your application fee of $350 and your credentials are readily available. Your documents has to be sent by the appropriate authorities issuing them and must not come from you the applicant.

When you log into the cgfns page, go to the drop down menu and scroll to the almost the last part where you will find..

LOGIN
Cgfns connect (for applicants)
Cgfns connect (for state boards of Nursing)
Click on the cgfns connect for applicants. It will take you to another login page where you can register as a new user.
PLEASE ENTER THE REQUESTED INFORMATION The form is something like this.

*Please indicate type of user : Applicant

*Have you ever used cgfns service : No

*If yes then enter your cgfns I'd: I left mine blank

* Would you like to receive CGFNS News updates?: Yes

*First (Given) name : your name

*Last name: your surname

*Email address : use an email you have access to. If necessary open one specially for this purpose but do well to write your password down cause this is what they will use to communicate with you

*retype email address:

*Text message number :

*Registration/License Number: R. N 000000

*Required Icon Date of Birth: Month, Day and Year: Date must be two digits. Add 0 in front if yours is 1 digit

*Please Indicate Your Birth Country:

*User Name: (6 - 10 characters long):

* Password: (6 - 10 characters long):

*Re-type Password:

*Please select a question you would like to be asked if you forget your user name or password:

*Please select an answer to the security question:

*How would you like to receive correspondence? : choose email

*How did you hear about us?: internet

*Enter characters you see in the picture below: take note of the upper and lower case letters.

* Accept CGFNS International Terms and Conditions:

click on CREATE USER.
Congratulations you have started your cgfns application. Now wait for some seconds to receive the verification email from cgfns.

When you get the email from autoreplycgfns, click on the verification link and it will take you back to the cgfns connect page. Now put in your username and password and log into your account.

*upload your passport sized photo online. I didn't.

*Click on purchase services from cgfns international
Read the service wizard information and click on Begin selection process

* cgfns id number finder : click on I am a new user and have not used CGFNS or any of its affiliates before.

*CGFNS Connect Service Purchase Wizard

Now answer the following questions as it applies to you.

*Are you a nurse?: Yes
*What is the country of your entry level nursing education?: Nigeria
*Do you have or have you ever held a registration or license issued by the respective authorities from the country where entry level nursing education was completed? : Yes

*Select a service

Choose credentials evaluation service (CES). For Texas and other states except New York.
Or Credentials verification service(CVS) for New York state only. (the pathophysiology of New york state registration is totally different from other states. Please do not apply my experience if you are registering with new york)

Click on NEXT to take you to the next page.

*CES RECIPIENTS

*What type of CES report would you like? Choose professional report if your aim is to register with a state Board of Nursing, get licensed and start working. Choose Academic report if your aim is to send the report to a university where you want to further your studies or upgrade to a Bsn. I chose the former.

Wait for the page to refresh itself so that the other questions following your chosen report will come up.
If you picked professional report then read on, if not then this is where our journey ends for those choosing the academic route.

*CES report type: Professional Report

*What type of license are you applying for?: Registered Nurse. (you cannot use two stones to kill a bird here like for Canadian registration where you can choose both LPN and RN. It's either you pick lpn or RN. I had to deliberate for a long time before finally going for RN because I was thinking "what if my credentials are not equivalent to RN, wouldn't it be better to pick lpn so that my money won't be wasted?) But after many calls to cgfns and emails to Texas Bon, I was advised to go for RN. smiley wink[s]just in case you were thinking the same thing [/s]shocked wink

*Have you already passed the NCLEX exam?: No
*for Recipient #1Are you applying for Licensure in the US?: Yes
*State Board of Nursing: TEXAS BOARD OF NURSE EXAMINERS. ( you can choose more than one state but additional charges apply. I choose just Texas.)
*My recipient is on the list above: Yes

Click on the SUBMIT button
It will lead you to the[b] cgfns connect service purchase wizard. Click on next to begin[b] the 12 steps[/b] of your application.

This is a modified post.. To avoid it being too lengthy i am going to continue with the steps from page 7 of this thread.
]
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by chucs: 11:22pm On Jul 17, 2021
Triplea23:
Please i need help getting a Job in the UK as a RN.

i have passed both ielts and CBT.

most agencies i've been contacting have been talking about the WHO ban on active recruitment.

i have also tried trac Jobs, spire helathcare and nuffield healthcare, nothing positive yet.

Please does anyone have a link or contact to help secure a job as a RN in the UK?
It is well with you. Hopefully, u will get job soon.

An advice, construct a strong personal statement while filling applications in Trac job. Try to bring in those key elements they like so much like your ability to safeguard, non disclosure, error free practices and standard precautions, respect of organizational protocol , ur strengths etc. Look for overseas offers in indeed also.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by chucs: 11:30pm On Jul 17, 2021
steric58:
I'm presently at this stage, have passed the UK CBT since 2019, I just paid for the verification £140 and 17k NMCN verification. So I'm waiting for NMCN to verify me, hope I'm not at risk of starting all over again if NMCN didn't verify on time, I wrote the cbt October 2019, please kindly shed more light on this by the way I'm still struggling with ielts but somebody advised me to verify my cbt that it will extend the validity of the CBT results by 2 years I don't know how true this is in short
NMC-UK extended the validity of CBT's due to expire between 1st March to 31st August. So, I am afraid you are not included. You can always email them via overseas.enquiries@nmc-uk.org concerning any extension of your cbt result.

By the way, the extension is for 6 months period.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by sharone21(f): 2:04am On Jul 18, 2021
Juwon21:
Professionals in the house, I greet everyone and I pray God will grant our heart request in Jesus name. My question is how does someone with Bsc degree in community health and work experience as a community health professional can migrate to foreign countries. Anyone with idea or experience or steps to go about it. I will also appreciate any specific country.

Please answer my question

Ideally, you ought to be a Nurse to qualify to migrate especially with a sponsor however, if you can process the Canadian express/visa path that makes you Canadian, you can work as a PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER, the pay may not be up to that of a Nurse but you could average up to $C15/ hr and there are many opportunities in this field. You may need some further trainings( some online) to brush up your skillset for this job. The 2nd option is to go back to school doing Nursing at least up to HND level. If it is difficult in Nigeria, Cameroon has a lot of offers ( admission), you just register and begin your course then, register with its Nursing body which is even more affordable and less complicated. You may choose to run your 1 year BSc Nursing online after travelling and securing a job... The choice is yours.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by tolajay: 2:35pm On Jul 18, 2021
Congrats, Delsey.

Abeg cut soap for us ooo.

Few questions;

1. How/where/when did you research and apply for jobs?

2. Did you apply for Health and Care Visa or the Tier 2? How much did you pay for the visa?

DELSEY:

Visa alert!!!!!!!!!

Thank you all

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by napster007: 5:02pm On Jul 18, 2021
@Delsey, kindly share with me cover letter. Don't really know how best to write for NMC job applications, I learnt it must be catchy. Can you share with me at file8379 at gmail.com
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by DELSEY: 10:23pm On Jul 18, 2021
napster007:
@Delsey, kindly share with me cover letter. Don't really know how best to write for NMC job applications, I learnt it must be catchy. Can you share with me at file8379 at gmail.com

Draft yours out then I can edit for you
Macbethgreen23@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by DELSEY: 10:25pm On Jul 18, 2021
tolajay:
Congrats, Delsey.

Abeg cut soap for us ooo.

Few questions;

1. How/where/when did you research and apply for jobs?

2. Did you apply for Health and Care Visa or the Tier 2? How much did you pay for the visa?

Thanks
Trac job

Health and care visa 334 dollars

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by DELSEY: 10:27pm On Jul 18, 2021
Valnos:

Congratulations Delsey.
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (220) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.