Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,684 members, 7,820,386 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. - Travel (174) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. (630262 Views)

23-year-old Zambian Pilot Fulfills Dream Of Flying Parents / Opportunity For Nurses And Midwives To Work In Dubai / Working Abroad Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by MrHealth(m): 9:09pm On Sep 05, 2021
Please I have one question. It might sound somehow.
1) Why do Nurses like referring to themselves as RN
Why can't they just say "Nurse" or "I'm a Nurse"
I know R means Registered. I'm just saying undecided

2) I heard we have NCLEX- RN and NCLEX- PN. I heard that a Nigerian trained Nurse from School of Nursing not University can only become a PN not RN in US.
Is it true?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by sharone21(f): 5:11am On Sep 06, 2021
MrHealth:
Please I have one question. It might sound somehow.
1) Why do Nurses like referring to themselves as RN
Why can't they just say "Nurse" or "I'm a Nurse"
I know R means Registered. I'm just saying undecided

2) I heard we have NCLEX- RN and NCLEX- PN. I heard that a Nigerian trained Nurse from School of Nursing not University can only become a PN not RN in US.
Is it true?

1)It is because these Nurses attended Colleges of Nursing in Nigeria and after their professional program, they were awarded RN after passing NMCN board exams. Any trained Nurse(RN, HND or BSc) can call himself/herself, Nurse Emmanuel.
2) Maybe in Canada ( has a bit of a complicated system for foreign trained Nurses though some manage to manoeuvre it) but NOT in USA...You pass your NCLEX-RN exam to become a Registered Nurse in USA( whether u are ADN, HND, BSN)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by tolajay: 7:39pm On Sep 06, 2021
It costs 3-5k in Alagbon, Lagos.

zagorakis:
Please who knows how much it costs to get a police clearance form/certificate and the process involved..
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by tolajay: 7:39pm On Sep 06, 2021
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by ModelLook(m): 8:22pm On Sep 07, 2021
Please is it possible for someone with a Professional Diploma in Occupational Therapy to get a job in UK from Nigeria just the way Registered Nurses do?

This is because I'm thinking of getting a form for it cos Nursing schools in Lagos have all closed form sales for this year till next year.

Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by sharone21(f): 4:27am On Sep 08, 2021
ModelLook:
Please is it possible for someone with a Professional Diploma in Occupational Therapy to get a job in UK from Nigeria just the way Registered Nurses do?

This is because I'm thinking of getting a form for it cos Nursing schools in Lagos have all closed form sales for this year till next year.

Thank you.

This is a beautiful course... Is it that u have Diploma similar to RN level? Also, was it issued alongside you being given a board exam and license?
Generally: UK, Canada, USA should be open to you
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Jaycew(f): 6:43pm On Sep 08, 2021
KennyUG:
That's not true. My friend studies nursing in Poland and he is currently working in the UK. He didn't have to come back to Nigeria to get any license. Please do your research well before posting

Hello, I live in Poland and about to start my nursing program in October, can I reach out to your friend through you please?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Jaycew(f): 6:50pm On Sep 08, 2021
DigitalPriest:

You are wrong. You can be registered with Polish Nursing Board if you get B1 at least in your Polish language exam.

You're very apt, I live in Poland and yes they issue a license after studies, BSN is just 3 years, as opposed to the 5 years you spend in Nigeria.
Cost of living is very low, with as low as 1500-2kzloty, you'll live extremely comfortable as a working class, feeding inclusive.. so imagine earning 5k zloty and you get to save 3500 every month. I can go on and on....

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Jaycew(f): 6:55pm On Sep 08, 2021
Compu001:
Guy you just dey yarn rubbish. How on earth will you be advising someone to study nursing in Poland.
Facts: Most European nursing degree are just waste if time expect UK. That's why you will not see them applying to USA, Australia even UK because they can't pass the nursing board exam.
So I will advise based on experience if you want to study nursing, do it in Nigeria. I can say categorically that Nigerian Nurses are one of the best in the world.

Most of their graduate find it hard to migrate because a good number of them don't speak English, don't study in English and can not pass an English proficiency exam, so they are stuck in their country. But I know a Nigerian who graduated from a Polish medical school and working as a nurse in Ireland, it's a no brainer.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by ModelLook(m): 7:32pm On Sep 08, 2021
sharone21:

This is a beautiful course... Is it that u have Diploma similar to RN level? Also, was it issued alongside you being given a board exam and license?
Generally: UK, Canada, USA should be open to you

Yes. They said it's a Professional Diploma. They said they are given a Board Exam and Licence.

I'm still considering it and still doing more research on it.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by sharone21(f): 5:06am On Sep 09, 2021
ModelLook:

Yes. They said it's a Professional Diploma. They said they are given a Board Exam and Licence.

I'm still considering it and still doing more research on it.

Some countries accept it for work @ Bachelor's and Master's levels while others accept this professional diploma for work as Assistant Occupational Therapist.
Though Nursing as a professional program, RN is accepted for work as a Nurse and not as an Assistant Nurse.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Floxyyy: 8:51am On Sep 09, 2021
quivah:
Hi guys. Thanks for the guidelines.
We got verified at nmcn within 2 weeks, IELTS done, and now left with CBT.
I have tried logging in to Pearson Vue but strangely I can't find the login button. I don search the website tire.
They sent an email concerning username and password but I can't seem to find the login button.
Looked through "schedule your test"
"Book your test"
"Online exam"

Still, I can't seem to find the login.
Help biko.

Please can I dm
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Floxyyy: 9:13am On Sep 09, 2021
BrainyBrainer:
Hello! Pls have you made any progress on this issue? I am currently in a similar situation.
I made payment since 25th July and haven't heard anything till now. Not even an acknowledgement message from NMCN! Only from Innovate1pay. Pls how did you resolve this...any progress??

Hello, pls have you been able to resolve this.. I need help with this kind of situation
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Floxyyy: 9:30am On Sep 09, 2021
vickyehi:

Lots of people have. It take a while for them to send it without any inside person (but they will eventually send it ). As long as you filled the online update form the council put up a while ago, you should be good to do it urself.

Thank for your response.

I have paid for verification online and while trying to submit the form I alway got error msg.. I attempted submission again on Friday but it took me back to a fresh application page and I can't login since Friday.
Kindly advise anyone plss
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by seunny4lif(m): 12:58pm On Sep 09, 2021
Compu001:
Guy you just dey yarn rubbish. How on earth will you be advising someone to study nursing in Poland.
Facts: Most European nursing degree are just waste if time expect UK. That's why you will not see them applying to USA, Australia even UK because they can't pass the nursing board exam.
So I will advise based on experience if you want to study nursing, do it in Nigeria. I can say categorically that Nigerian Nurses are one of the best in the world.

That’s a lie
1.Most don’t migrate due to language
2. Most are comfortable in their country
3. In Germany, Nurses are like just Ausbildung program
4. Anyone who has EU certificate don’t need any exams apart from Language exam
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Iruosonobrugwhe: 3:53pm On Sep 09, 2021
where is @Barbiee....... we miss her oo
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by EbonyCy(f): 4:59pm On Sep 09, 2021
Iruosonobrugwhe:

Exactly even on youtube she isn't active... I hope all is well with her
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Compu001: 6:40pm On Sep 09, 2021
That's a total lie. It's not about the language alone, it's about the Nursing council of the other country that you want to migrate to.
How much are Nurses earning in Germany, Poland and other EU countries?? Peanuts.
So most nurses will want to leave, but which country can dey move to?? How many of them can pass the nursing council of UK or USA??
The bottom line of my argument is that their syllabus is not sufficient or not bulky compare to Nigeria Nurses.
You can study Nursing in Europe, but can you relocate out of Europe to better country with that syllabus??
Before you go further, this argument is coming from my personal experience. Been there and I know it.

seunny4lif:

That’s a lie
1.Most don’t migrate due to language
2. Most are comfortable in their country
3. In Germany, Nurses are like just Ausbildung program
4. Anyone who has EU certificate don’t need any exams apart from Language exam
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by tolajay: 6:52pm On Sep 09, 2021
Yeah!

She's been off the radar...Best wishes to her.

How has it been with you? Hope you're in the UK now.

I probably missed your updates. Cheerios!

Iruosonobrugwhe:
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by seunny4lif(m): 11:31pm On Sep 09, 2021
I want to write but stop as you don’t even know that apart from Asia people and Nigerians nursing then
Polish, Italia and Spanish makes the largest numbers.

Around 7,500 nurses from Spain, Romania and Italy registered to work in the UK before 2019 that was even the reason Germany government have to increase salaries of Nursing.

Most migrants because of their family not the salary

Holland, Belg, Swiss, Austria, Italy and Ireland paid are super good

Compu001:
That's a total lie. It's not about the language alone, it's about the Nursing council of the other country that you want to migrate to.
How much are Nurses earning in Germany, Poland and other EU countries?? Peanuts.
So most nurses will want to leave, but which country can dey move to?? How many of them can pass the nursing council of UK or USA??
The bottom line of my argument is that their syllabus is not sufficient or not bulky compare to Nigeria Nurses.
You can study Nursing in Europe, but can you relocate out of Europe to better country with that syllabus??
Before you go further, this argument is coming from my personal experience. Been there and I know it.

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Compu001: 5:47am On Sep 10, 2021
No need to say anything more.

seunny4lif:
I want to write but stop as you don’t even know that apart from Asia people and Nigerians nursing then
Polish, Italia and Spanish makes the largest numbers.

Around 7,500 nurses from Spain, Romania and Italy registered to work in the UK before 2019 that was even the reason Germany government have to increase salaries of Nursing.

Most migrants because of their family not the salary

Holland, Belg, Swiss, Austria, Italy and Ireland paid are super good

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by napster007: 8:45am On Sep 10, 2021
Good morning guys,

I have an issue with IOM medicals for my Tuberculosis,

I scheduled to go for tuberculosis on the 30 August but for some reasons I missed this date. I want to re-schedule on there portal but it now allowing me. I have sent mail to them and call all the number on the website nobody responded.

Kindly assist it urgent
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Iruosonobrugwhe: 12:50pm On Sep 10, 2021
thanks. Yes we have all moved. Will write my experience and share soon.
tolajay:
Yeah!

She's been off the radar...Best wishes to her.

How has it been with you? Hope you're in the UK now.

I probably missed your updates. Cheerios!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Iruosonobrugwhe: 12:51pm On Sep 10, 2021
i suggest you walk in straight on the day you want and show proof of previous booking.
napster007:
Good morning guys,

I have an issue with IOM medicals for my Tuberculosis,

I scheduled to go for tuberculosis on the 30 August but for some reasons I missed this date. I want to re-schedule on there portal but it now allowing me. I have sent mail to them and call all the number on the website nobody responded.

Kindly assist it urgent
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by protonz(m): 4:50pm On Sep 10, 2021
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Mrteejaychrists: 2:19pm On Sep 13, 2021
Hi all
Please I need a guide as regards cgfns licence verification by nmcn
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Juddy2018: 4:27pm On Sep 13, 2021
Please house, any idea on how to get South Africa visa Asap for my Exams next month. Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by monchat(m): 3:18am On Sep 14, 2021
Good morning House I am new to this forum, I need assistance. Pls is there any body working in
reddington hospital in VI. Pls I want to confirm if their nurses work 12hours shifts every day, how is really their work schedule for nurse and also if there is any branch they have in mainland in Lagos

I also learnt that reddington is one of the recognised hospital on the UK site for people that wants to travel to uk to work.
Pls I need advice on working in
reddington hospital. Thank you
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by monchat(m): 3:22am On Sep 14, 2021
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Juddy2018: 9:21am On Sep 15, 2021
napster007:

Hope someone respond in detail to this. Also in thr same shoe
. Yeah, you don't need to worry yourself, your husband job will cover you all, you can go with him, nobody is asking you your qualification, is only your husband. When you get there , you fill in their process and start work.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by dontay(m): 5:56pm On Sep 15, 2021
bns4eva:

A midwifery program alone doesnot provide qualification to practice as an RN in the USA .

A RM needs to be in conjunction with a general RN program.

A friend of mine has a diploma in community health, but she's thinking of going for paediatric nurse ATM. Do you think she has a shot if she starts this route with avant. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by bns4eva: 7:25pm On Sep 15, 2021
dontay:

A friend of mine has a diploma in community health, but she's thinking of going for paediatric nurse ATM. Do you think she has a shot if she starts this route with avant. Thanks

A community health officer is not a nurse.. she need to go to school to study nursing first..

Or you mean she studied Community health nursing, also called public health nursing or community nursing?

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (220) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.