Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,627 members, 7,813,066 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. - Travel (184) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. (627775 Views)

23-year-old Zambian Pilot Fulfills Dream Of Flying Parents / Opportunity For Nurses And Midwives To Work In Dubai / Working Abroad Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Icesnow(f): 11:40pm On Dec 01, 2021
yunqdady:

I have people older than you in my class. I've seen grandmas sef.
Just go for diploma if u want it fast.
And know you have to be sound, above average and intelligent to pass exams that would take you abroad.
So you don't end up studying nursing and stucked in Nigeria
pls explain the diploma for me.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Pagxy: 5:38am On Dec 02, 2021
Richdee1:

Wow! Thanks for your time, I also want to ask, must it be nurses that can apply for this care jobs, I'm a Social Worker, can oneaone apply with that tag as long as he or she has experience??
If you want to work as a social worker in the UK, you will have to be registered and the only way to do that is to do masters in sociology works. After that you will registered in HCPC.That is where all registered health professionals such as social work, lab scientists, radiologist etc register. Drs and nurses have their own registration body. As nurses we write exams here in Nigeria first ielts, and CBT before applying for jobs and its a tasking process. Lastly google is your best friend you will find all the information about migrating with a social works degree on google. How did I know this information sef, my sister is processing her masters in social works in the UK and all the information we got was online. Before seeking for the admission, she is going to work voluntarily at the social welfare dept for three months as part of her experience. and also write ielts.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Naijasumii: 11:10am On Dec 02, 2021
Richdee1:

And also concerning this exams, no matter the position one is going for, the person must write this exams

I think there are some jobs like caregiver, health care assistant that doesn't require exam, experience on the job is the major requirement. I am not sure about this. But I know someone with an offer and visa ready without writing any exam. Although she said she will write ielts(general) before traveling. She's not even a health Practitioner, she only did a six month course in home care services.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by quivah(f): 11:32am On Dec 02, 2021
Hi guys. Please, is it mandatory for my partner to be vaccinated before he can travel with me??
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by zinaunreal(m): 11:34am On Dec 02, 2021
Naijasumii:

I think there are some jobs like caregiver, health care assistant that doesn't require exam, experience on the job is the major requirement. I am not sure about this. But I know someone with an offer and visa ready without writing any exam. Although she said she will write ielts(general) before traveling. She's not even a health Practitioner, she only did a six month course in home care services.

It's true. People need to be more informed before coming here to write anything like the person you quoted. There are alot of jobs like that but with lesser pay. Its good to start from somewhere then advance rather than wait
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Pagxy: 12:21pm On Dec 02, 2021
quivah:
Hi guys. Please, is it mandatory for my partner to be vaccinated before he can travel with me??
Congrats o. Have you finally decided on taking the Swansea offer? Hope all of us will have the same testimony.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by macjireh: 1:08pm On Dec 02, 2021
Please house,,with d advent of Omicron variant of covid19,,is there any possibility of a lockdown or ban on Nigerians getting jobs in UK?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Naijasumii: 1:34pm On Dec 02, 2021
zinaunreal:

It's true. People need to be more informed before coming here to write anything like the person you quoted. There are alot of jobs like that but with lesser pay. Its good to start from somewhere then advance rather than wait

You are right. The offer is 9pounds per hour and she's OK with it for a start.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Naijasumii: 1:38pm On Dec 02, 2021
macjireh:
Please house,,with d advent of Omicron variant of covid19,,is there any possibility of a lockdown or ban on Nigerians getting jobs in UK?

We still dey observe sha. But I knew a lot people that travelled during the lock down because they were really short staff then...
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by macjireh: 2:15pm On Dec 02, 2021
Naijasumii:

We still dey observe sha. But I knew a lot people that travelled during the lock down because they were really short staff then...
someone close to me has completed all d exams and is applying for a nursing job currently,,I hope she leaves latest January,, I no wan hear say dem ban Nigerians oo
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by GirlieforJesus: 2:24pm On Dec 02, 2021
I have a link for care home jobs, if you are interested drop your email. Personally, I would prefer to relocate via NHS job so I'm still applying and hoping for a positive response soon. I've gotten interview invites from care homes but I didn't reply their messages. I'm 100% down for NHS jobs even if it takes more time to get an offer unlike home care jobs.

NB; a major requirement for this care home link is covid vaccination certificate, ensure you have one pls.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Naijasumii: 3:08pm On Dec 02, 2021
GirlieforJesus:
I have a link for care home jobs, if you are interested drop your email. Personally, I would prefer to relocate via NHS job so I'm still applying and hoping for a positive response soon. I've gotten interview invites from care homes but I didn't reply their messages. I'm 100% down for NHS jobs even if it takes more time to get an offer unlike home care jobs.

NB; a major requirement for this care home link is covid vaccination certificate, ensure you have one pls.
Is it the green card we were given?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by GirlieforJesus: 3:34pm On Dec 02, 2021
The one you download online I think.

Naijasumii:

Is it the green card we were given?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by quivah(f): 4:14pm On Dec 02, 2021
Pagxy:
Congrats o. Have you finally decided on taking the Swansea offer? Hope all of us will have the same testimony.
Yes, I am.
I have done my research and I have been able to reach two of their staff. I heard something good.
A friend who left for Sunderland 2 weeks ago also said the £10k clause was in her contract too.
And Amen
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by biodun4u: 6:51pm On Dec 02, 2021
Pls can I have the link to the care home? My email is adedapobiodun@gmail.com
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by olaks4real(m): 7:38pm On Dec 02, 2021
quivah:
Hi guys. Thanks for the guidelines.
We got verified at nmcn within 2 weeks, IELTS done, and now left with CBT.
I have tried logging in to Pearson Vue but strangely I can't find the login button. I don search the website tire.
They sent an email concerning username and password but I can't seem to find the login button.
Looked through "schedule your test"
"Book your test"
"Online exam" good day madam, congratulations for the offer. I have some questions for which will be glad if answered by you.
Firstly, what is the cost of cbt and where was your centre for the xam

Secondly, is the visa given to you is for you alone or with your family. Because my spouse is trying to start the process .
Thanks

Still, I can't seem to find the login.
Help biko.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Pearlyfaze: 11:37pm On Dec 02, 2021
GirlieforJesus:

Please ị want the link for the Care home job for my friend festusanya@gmail.com. Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by quivah(f): 5:31am On Dec 03, 2021
GirlieforJesus:

Why are you so down for NHS job?

I thought we all are. Care home just seems to be the faster option and from there you can easily move to NHS or private hospital. Most of ads I have seen from NHS want RN with UK experience or RNs that are already in UK that's why it seems a bit hard getting an offer from them
Plus doesn't NHS require covid vaccination too??

Is there something I'm missing?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by sharkdodo14: 3:11pm On Dec 03, 2021
GirlieforJesus:

Thanks in anticipation; abisikoko14@gmail.com
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by GirlieforJesus: 3:23pm On Dec 03, 2021
Nurses from Nigeria are getting NHS job offers through direct applications, not all NHS jobs are meant for nurses who are already in the UK, there are jobs advertised for people who need sponsorship for tier 2 visa.

Like I said, I just prefer NHS job for a start, i'm more comfortable with their packages.

Concerning the covid certificate, this particular care home will request for it before even considering you for interview.

quivah:

Why are you so down for NHS job?

I thought we all are. Care home just seems to be the faster option and from there you can easily move to NHS or private hospital. Most of ads I have seen from NHS want RN with UK experience or RNs that are already in UK that's why it seems a bit hard getting an offer from them
Plus doesn't NHS require covid vaccination too??

Is there something I'm missing?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by quivah(f): 4:17pm On Dec 03, 2021
GirlieforJesus:

1. Nurses from Nigeria are getting NHS job offers through direct applications, not all NHS jobs are meant for nurses who are already in the UK, there are jobs advertised for people who need sponsorship for tier 2 visa.

Like I said, I just prefer NHS job for a start, i'm more comfortable with their packages.

2.Concerning the covid certificate, this particular care home will request for it before even considering you for interview.

1. I didn't say otherwise. I only pointed to the fact that most ads I have seen wanted Nurses with UK experience or are in the UK.

2. Oh wow. I got an offer from a carehome without them asking for covid certificate sha. Infact, I just collected my shot on the 1st.

I was about to ask here if it's possible to collect the 2nd dose in UK because I will be there before the date I was asked to come for the 2nd dose.

Can you please tell me about the NHS packages??

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Naijasumii: 5:31pm On Dec 03, 2021
quivah:

1. I didn't say otherwise. I only pointed to the fact that most ads I have seen wanted Nurses with UK experience or are in the UK.

2. Oh wow. I got an offer from a carehome without them asking for covid certificate sha. Infact, I just collected my shot on the 1st.

I was about to ask here if it's possible to collect the 2nd dose in UK because I will be there before the date I was asked to come for the 2nd dose.

Can you please tell me about the NHS packages??

Congratulations... Wishing you the best of luck...
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Bluetherapy: 10:00pm On Dec 03, 2021
Seems like there seems to a misconception about Care homes and NHS and I just think I should chip in somethings.

I would recommend going with a care home anytime any day because compared to NHS, it is less stressful and often pay better albeit with the salary not really increasing.

Trust me, NHS will work you out to the extent you will hate nursing grin.

I really don't seem to understand why people prefer NHS tho. Maybe for the pity tho cheesy.
NHS = so much work less pay angry.
Carehome = average work more pay cool.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by zinaunreal(m): 10:50pm On Dec 03, 2021
Bluetherapy:
Seems like there seems to a misconception about Care homes and NHS and I just think I should chip in somethings.

I would recommend going with a care home anytime any day because compared to NHS, it is less stressful and often pay better albeit with the salary not really increasing.

Trust me, NHS will work you out to the extent you will hate nursing grin.

I really don't seem to understand why people prefer NHS tho. Maybe for the pity tho cheesy.

Please can you different briefly on pros and cons between nhs and care homes so aspiring nurses aiming for uk would make the proper choice for themselves.... thanks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Bluetherapy: 12:10am On Dec 04, 2021
zinaunreal:

Please can you different briefly on pros and cons between nhs and care homes so aspiring nurses aiming for uk would make the proper choice for themselves.... thanks

I did mention that

As far as I know, a registered nurse working in a care home isn't less of a nurse than that working in NHS. All boils down to what rocks your boat.
You wouldn't be missing out on anything should you decide on working in a care home. Depending on the care home, you will have trainings upon trainings, enough to help your revalidation portfolio with NMC.

I think there's this misconception about working with care homes that you're missing out. Technically in a care home you're the boss of your shift in the sense that you only have to call a GP or ambulance if your patient requires and less hierarchical palava to deal with.

Some people made the wrong decision of going with NHS and can't wait to finish their initial contract then move to a care home. Heck some even jumped the NHS ship ASAP.
Need I say that some care home pay 40k+ as starting salary. How many years would it take to get to this point in NHS?

In short, NHS = Nigerian government job
Care home = working with private entities.

So it boils down to personal preference of what motivated you to travel thousands miles to start a new life. Don't forget that even the government only raised NHS pay by about 1% and prices of groceries and utilities are increasing by the day, yet salary nor increase.

There are nurses that only do agency jobs and will never pick a shift in NHS. E get why.

NHS nurses are overworked and paid less. I repeat NHS nurses are overworked and paid less.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by ModelLook(m): 4:43pm On Dec 04, 2021
Is there any student or graduate of School of Nursing LUTH (Lagos University Teaching Hospital) here?

Please how much is the school fees for year 1, 2 and 3.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Floxyyy: 8:06am On Dec 05, 2021
Good morning, please send me the care home job link...
Secmomo@yandex.com..

Thank you
GirlieforJesus:

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by millykel: 11:51am On Dec 05, 2021
GirlieforJesus:

please I need link millykelechi@gmail.com, thanks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by millykel: 11:53am On Dec 05, 2021
GirlieforJesus:

millykelechi@gmail.com, thanks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Blissmi: 9:15am On Dec 06, 2021
Please help with the link. Email:olowookeremaria@gmail.com
GirlieforJesus:

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by zeb04(f): 3:01pm On Dec 06, 2021
GirlieforJesus:

i am interested fridaypriscilla40@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (220) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.