Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. - Travel (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. (630384 Views)

23-year-old Zambian Pilot Fulfills Dream Of Flying Parents / Opportunity For Nurses And Midwives To Work In Dubai / Working Abroad Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by desy24444(m): 3:11pm On Jun 12, 2017
AjaoSandra:
Start now, the earlier the better, at least it would make up for the delays you get eventually,
NYSC isn't a restriction...

thanks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by desy24444(m): 3:13pm On Jun 12, 2017
Please do I need to apply to the state I want to practice first or through cgfns first
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by goodman31: 3:50pm On Jun 12, 2017
AjaoSandra:
Just sent you a message now... Sorry for the delay

I replied your message but I didn't see anything
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by ijeb5: 4:09pm On Jun 13, 2017
samnijazz:
thanks man
CAN I HAVE YOUR NUMBER
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by ijeb5: 4:13pm On Jun 13, 2017
samnijazz:
Congrats man. Please i will like to know some things about uworld. What were your scores in Uworld before writing NCLEX.?
BRO I NEED YOUR NUMBER
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by samnijazz: 4:33pm On Jun 13, 2017
reach me on aoyewole219@gmail.com
ijeb5:

BRO I NEED YOUR NUMBER
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by zolonzo85(m): 5:44pm On Jun 13, 2017
Hello house,
ever since i came across this thread on nairaland I had a rethink about the job am doing here in nigeria.I have dedicated 2 good days to go through every info on this thread. I must commend everyone of you who have in one way contributed.Now down to my question,I have been working with the state government for like 4 years (school of nursing)now,though had some clinical experience for like 5 years before switching to academic line.I want to know if am to use my previous work experience when applying for CES and also when applying to BON or I should state my present job designation.I would still want to know if am expected to apply for both Cgfns andBON at the same time.please I would like to get a proper clarifications.thank you guys once again

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by zolonzo85(m): 5:52pm On Jun 13, 2017
Please can I get those study materials am interested as well.my email is ebokacollins@gmail.com
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by AjaoSandra: 11:44pm On Jun 13, 2017
Texas Board of Nursing requires you to have worked within the 4years prior to your registration with the board, don't know about other states, and you can be processing your application with a BON whilst your running the CGFNS too...

zolonzo85:
Hello house,
ever since i came across this thread on nairaland I had a rethink about the job am doing here in nigeria.I have dedicated 2 good days to go through every info on this thread. I must commend everyone of you who have in one way contributed.Now down to my question,I have been working with the state government for like 4 years (school of nursing)now,though had some clinical experience for like 5 years before switching to academic line.I want to know if am to use my previous work experience when applying for CES and also when applying to BON or I should state my present job designation.I would still want to know if am expected to apply for both Cgfns andBON at the same time.please I would like to get a proper clarifications.thank you guys once again
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by AjaoSandra: 11:45pm On Jun 13, 2017
You should run both together...

desy24444:
Please do I need to apply to the state I want to practice first or through cgfns first

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by AjaoSandra: 11:46pm On Jun 13, 2017
Didn't see your message, may be you should send it again....

goodman31:

I replied your message but I didn't see anything
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by zolonzo85(m): 6:21am On Jun 14, 2017
AjaoSandra:
Texas Board of Nursing requires you to have worked within the 4years prior to your registration with the board, don't know about other states, and you can be processing your application with a BON whilst your running the CGFNS too...

So as it stands I can apply because it looks like I have enough working experience but I still want to know if it's advisable to fill in my academic experience as a nurse tutor or better still just ignore it. For TEXAS BON they mentioned finger print capture,I would like to know how one can go about it.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jun 14, 2017
ogwashiukwu:
I've taken my time to read through what must people have put so far, and I must say they're commendable. Permit me to say a little I know about Nurse's transition to the US, Canada, and Australia. Of the three countries, the US has the least requirement for English language proficiency.

The US requirement for IELTS exam is Speaking 7.0, and overall average score of 6.5, while Canada and Australia, you must have 7 in speaking, reading, writing and listening. There's no short cut for that.
To the best of my knowledge,passing the IELTS/TOEFL exam is the most excruciating and challenging hurdles that most Nigerian Nurses fear to face, and lest I forget, you MUST pass either of these exams in order to obtain a Visascreen after sitting for either nclex-RN exam or the CGFNS exam.

Never mind, let me go straight to the point. If you a Nigerian Nurse that intends or has an intent to migrate to the US to practice, this is what you need to do before contacting any recruitment agency.

1. Have an international passport for yourself and family members who are less than 21 years of age (i.e if you are married).
2. Have your nursing diploma/degree evaluated by the CGFNS.( this can take up to one year or less)
3. Sit and pass either IELTS or TOEFL exams.
4. Contact a recruitment agency.

Someone would ask, how did you know all these? Ok, let me tell how, my wife is a registered nurse, she has her RN from one of the nursing schools in Enugu state, had her RM and BSN from University of Nigeria, Nsukka. Yes, she did her CGFNS CES report and choose Florida board as h the state she would like to practice, and the report says her basic RN is comparable to the completion of a first -level general (Registered) nurse diploma program in the United States while, her BSC/BSN from UNN is comparable to the completion of a Bachelor of Science in Nursing program in the United States. She started the process in October 2015 and the report was issued on September 2016. You see, it took almost 1 year to achieve that. Mind you, her transcripts were sent from both the basic nursing school and also from UNN. This project requires both time, calls and finances.

IELTS, the nightmare exam. I called it nightmare because my wife never like the exam. You know what? She had to sit for this exam 3 times, yes you heard me right, 3 times. The first time was on the 19 June, 2016 and her scores were Listening 7.5, reading 7.5, writing 7.5 and speaking 6.5. The second time was in November 19, 2016 and her scores were, listening 7, reading 6, writing 7.5 and speaking 6.5. In fact, on the second time she cried when she went for her result because she thought she did well. Now the third time was on the 11 February, 2017 and she made Listening 6.5, reading 6.0, writing 6.0 and speaking 7.0. Whao at last she made it, and met the US IELTS english requirement of Speaking 7.0 and overall band score of 6.5.

Recruitment agency, as it stands now, the agency that accepts Nigerian nurses in the USA that I know are Passport USA, Avant healthcare professional and O'grady Peyton international. As for Passport USA, they can only assist if you've written and passed either CGFNS exam or Nclex-rn exam, while Avant and O'grady peyton will not only accept you but would also help you to prepare for the Nclex-rn exam on one condition.
What's the condition? You will be tested/given a pre-screening exam for both english language proficiency(when you applied without english result) and basic nursing questions. When you pass the tests, a skype interview will be set up to ascertain your clinical experience and skills. If you are successful, a contract will be sent to you to sign and other things follow.
In the contract, Avant says you will work for them for 3 years while O'grady peyton says 2 years. Of course, the class of visa that will be issued to you and your immediate family if you are married is EB3 visa which is a green card.

My wife is presently with O'grady Peyton international after passing their 50 questions test in 1 hour 15 minutes and subsequent skype interview. Trust me these guys are professionals.Their response to mails are exceptional and always willing to help.

Please let me know if you have questions as I will be ever willing to assist.

What is their pass mark for the 50 questions test?
lawkad@yahoo.com
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by DEUNIK9: 6:04pm On Jun 14, 2017
Good day every one present in this group.i have taken time to go through from day one till the last page I must say am very much impress..kudos to all involved in making it work.to Mr austchris am loyal sir.u were my lecturer.thanx a lot for all the info I will inbox u on Facebook.

Please my case is a bit complicated and I want advice please.i have always had this dream of leaving this country as soon as possible cus nursing here is nothing to write home about ,but here are my hindrances
1.i had a yr clinical experience but that's during my Nysc, though a govt hospital but we really don't have up to 100 beds oooo about 6o_70.please does it count in my year of experience?

2 I am currently working with a big diagnostic centre as anurse though there is no much of clinical nursing in it for more than 1.5yrs now.please will this count for me?

3 another huddle i have is i havent even being to the state before and i dont have any one over there for now.please what's my chance in all these

Cus currently am thinking of dropping my current job for the experience they seek as i must leave thos country.i am happy for those who have scaled through and those still on the way

Please someone should talk to me.@berbie @austchris@wellendowed @mamajaz@tunji@ajaosandra@ everybody that has the info please help a brother
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Omotolale: 6:56pm On Jun 14, 2017
A3710:

Sorry I don't have that. I have Saunders, lippincott kaplan, davis and nclex made incredibly easy (all in soft copy). If interested I can forward to ur mail
Pls,can you please also send to me? My addy is omoletee@gmail.com.
Thanks in anticipation
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Omotolale: 7:02pm On Jun 14, 2017
auschris:

I have the soft copy. I can send it to you via email.
Kindly forward to me too. omoletee@gmail.com
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by DEUNIK9: 7:16pm On Jun 14, 2017
Please can u send to me too in ethelbert.okechukwu@yahoo.com
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by AjaoSandra: 7:40pm On Jun 14, 2017
Should be clinical experience I think.... Bedside nursing

zolonzo85:

So as it stands I can apply because it looks like I have enough working experience but I still want to know if it's advisable to fill in my academic experience as a nurse tutor or better still just ignore it. For TEXAS BON they mentioned finger print capture,I would like to know how one can go about it.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Omotolale: 7:48pm On Jun 14, 2017
zolonzo85:
Hello house,
Someone should please answer this question. How does someone who previously had a clinical experience but currently working as a nurse educator get an agency to sponsor him/her? Or better still, what's the alternative to getting registered as a nurse in the States?
@auschris Please, how did you scale through seeing that you were once in the academic field
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 7:42pm On Jun 15, 2017
DEUNIK9:
Good day every one present in this group.i have taken time to go through from day one till the last page I must say am very much impress..kudos to all involved in making it work.to Mr austchris am loyal sir.u were my lecturer.thanx a lot for all the info I will inbox u on Facebook.

Please my case is a bit complicated and I want advice please.i have always had this dream of leaving this country as soon as possible cus nursing here is nothing to write home about ,but here are my hindrances
1.i had a yr clinical experience but that's during my Nysc, though a govt hospital but we really don't have up to 100 beds oooo about 6o_70.please does it count in my year of experience?

2 I am currently working with a big diagnostic centre as anurse though there is no much of clinical nursing in it for more than 1.5yrs now.please will this count for me?

3 another huddle i have is i havent even being to the state before and i dont have any one over there for now.please what's my chance in all these

Cus currently am thinking of dropping my current job for the experience they seek as i must leave thos country.i am happy for those who have scaled through and those still on the way

Please someone should talk to me.@berbie @austchris@wellendowed @mamajaz@tunji@ajaosandra@ everybody that has the info please help a brother
please dont make the mistake of resigning from your current job.
1. unless you are going through an agency like avant, forget about the 100 beds hospital requirement. if you are doing the cgfns evaluation on your own and preparing for nclex on your own then you dont have to worry about the number of beds in your hospital.
2.[s] you dont have to say you are working in a diagnostic center if the need arises for you to mention your workplace. just use the name of any private hospital you are familiar with those that matters like the matron or md and let your experience start counting from when you received your first license. that way if you have to present any document with your hospital letterhead you know who to meet for it.[/s]
3. being to the states or having someone there or not doesnt count and it wont affect you in any way. what counts is your transcripts, licence and ability to prepare for and pass Nclex.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by zolonzo85(m): 10:12pm On Jun 15, 2017
Please house I would like to know how geninue is INSCOL,

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Dhimple(f): 11:49pm On Jun 15, 2017
Is gcfns an exam like nclex or just a body that evaluate credentials? Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by desy24444(m): 6:59am On Jun 16, 2017
I am thinking of applying to cgfns myself, doing ielts and applying to the bon in Massachusetts before using avant. I hope am on the right track?
Please who has applied to the state of Massachusetts?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by DEUNIK9: 9:26am On Jun 16, 2017
barbiee:
please dont make the mistake of resigning from your current job.
1. unless you are going through an agency like avant, forget about the 100 beds hospital requirement. if you are doing the cgfns evaluation on your own and preparing for nclex on your own then you dont have to worry about the number of beds in your hospital.
2.[s] you dont have to say you are working in a diagnostic center if the need arises for you to mention your workplace. just use the name of any private hospital you are familiar with those that matters like the matron or md and let your experience start counting from when you received your first license. that way if you have to present any document with your hospital letterhead you know who to meet for it.[/s]
3. being to the states or having someone there or not doesnt count and it wont affect you in any way. what counts is your transcripts, licence and ability to prepare for and pass Nclex.

Thanks a lot Barbie am grateful, am off to start something, I will let u know my progress.i appreciate and will always appreciate any information.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by mamajaz(f): 10:49am On Jun 16, 2017
WellEndowed, pleas where are you oh?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 10:55am On Jun 16, 2017
mamajaz:
WellEndowed, pleas where are you oh?

Mamajaz ki lo de
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by AjaoSandra: 1:21pm On Jun 16, 2017
Biko who has gone through the process of finger printing with IDENTOGO/MORPHO TRUST... Were you mailed thefinger print cards to use after Payment? And how long did it take for it to be mailed to you.... I just applied and made payment, but it wasnt stated if the standard FBI print card would be mailed to me, my mailing address was requested though.... Need clarity on this please, anyone with info Pls share
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by mamajaz(f): 3:06pm On Jun 16, 2017
WellEndowed:

Mamajaz ki lo de
Please, personal personal ni o. Please. sadeseyi4eva@gmail.com
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by desy24444(m): 6:27pm On Jun 16, 2017
Just started the process of licensure in the state of Massachusetts,
1. Have filled the board form, waiting to get my cgfns I'd so I submit
2. Have applied to cgfns (only to make payment) still trying to get who own a dollar master card.
Will be updating us of the latest. Thanks guys
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by cynthiaezebaby: 9:53pm On Jun 16, 2017
zolonzo85:
Please house I would like to know how geninue is INSCOL,
@zolonz85,as for inscol they are my people, they are real, you can chart me up if you want to know more about them 09084456600

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (220) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.