Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,914 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

I Want To Visit My In-law For The First Time - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Want To Visit My In-law For The First Time (3312 Views)

Meet Lawyer Who Dumped Law For Prostitution / Someone Please Visit My Compound And Try Out My Cosin. (more photos ) / See What Guy Did To Girl That Refused To Visit Him But Asked For MTN Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Visit My In-law For The First Time by BNLR(m): 6:16pm On Jan 14, 2016
Hello Nairalander,

I need your advice on how to create a very good impression with my in law on my first visit. I really want to direct my question to the married ones in the house, but i realised it doesn't count.

My inlaw is a Pastor and Deacon ( Yoruba) I am also a Yoruba.

Without talking much about my financial status, i need your advice on the moderate/ average gift i can go along with and also some things i am not suppose to talk about. I believe this post will be of great value to others.
Re: I Want To Visit My In-law For The First Time by Spicylate(f): 6:18pm On Jan 14, 2016
Just be a good YOU.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Visit My In-law For The First Time by tpiah2: 6:18pm On Jan 14, 2016
i see you intentionally did not give any indications about your gender.
Re: I Want To Visit My In-law For The First Time by laidian(m): 6:29pm On Jan 14, 2016
Indicating your gender could spill better suggestions.
Re: I Want To Visit My In-law For The First Time by cruzita(f): 6:32pm On Jan 14, 2016
just be yourself and be natural
Re: I Want To Visit My In-law For The First Time by obiorathesubtle: 6:38pm On Jan 14, 2016
take a bag of weed, 2 bottles of vodka and one coconut....

Be inventive cheesy

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Visit My In-law For The First Time by tobisco29(m): 7:09pm On Jan 14, 2016
Kill fear, act sweet and talk sensibly wink
Re: I Want To Visit My In-law For The First Time by BNLR(m): 7:54pm On Jan 14, 2016
Oh! I am the Man. Thanks
Re: I Want To Visit My In-law For The First Time by Kayoski(m): 8:32pm On Jan 14, 2016
BNLR:
Oh! I am the Man. Thanks
move this post to the family section.. matured married peeps are der to answer u unlike here..

jst recreate in the family section
Re: I Want To Visit My In-law For The First Time by BNLR(m): 11:44pm On Jan 16, 2016
Can the moderator help me to move this family section please....
Re: I Want To Visit My In-law For The First Time by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jan 16, 2016
No go peep him daughter for bathroom o.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Visit My In-law For The First Time by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jan 16, 2016
I was never in your shoes,
So, no advice.
Meanwhile, Bon Voyage!
Re: I Want To Visit My In-law For The First Time by sipsip(m): 12:01am On Jan 17, 2016
Hmmm. Cut your hair low. Be polite and friendly to everyone in the house. Show that 'working class' feel with humility though... and you're good to go. As for the gift, buy the father a wrist watch, mother George material... lol

1 Like

Re: I Want To Visit My In-law For The First Time by Richy4(m): 2:04am On Jan 17, 2016
Thank God you are from the same ethnic group so prostrating will not be difficult for you.......

Dressing>>>> Native wears>>>> shoes. not casual shoes .. you no say pastors dey wear better shoes pass those wey dey congregation...No earring oo, No afro Hair... If you have one, put on the native cap... get reading glasses and put it on. that will make you look intelligent grin

Gift>>>> You are not an inlaw yet. just for you to introduce yourself to them abi?, so Wine is the answer. not too cheap not too expensive.... As for mama general overseer, You can just get her an earring. those type that are in cases, those that you can easily wrap as a gift .That will look as if you did not forget her while you were coming, meaning where this one is coming, more will follow... that will make you be in her good book too..... again not too cheap, not expensive...full stop.

Before you go, remember to read some bible verses... Like who was the father of John the Baptist...? How many disciples does Jesus have.. grin
This is because conversation fit come up now, you just open your mouth talk say "sir I admire Ezekiel the father of John the Baptist for his courage and patience before he could have John... he waited all those years...... cheesy"

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Visit My In-law For The First Time by Nobody: 2:07am On Jan 17, 2016
Ok. Safe journey
Re: I Want To Visit My In-law For The First Time by BNLR(m): 4:47pm On Jan 17, 2016
This is getting more interesting, and am very happy with all your response. More reply will be appreciated
Re: I Want To Visit My In-law For The First Time by bukason212(m): 7:15pm On Jan 17, 2016
Richy4:
Thank God you are from the same ethnic group so prostrating will not be difficult for you.......

Dressing>>>> Native wears>>>> shoes. not casual shoes .. you no say pastors dey wear better shoes pass those wey dey congregation...No earring oo, No afro Hair... If you have one, put on the native cap... get reading glasses and put it on. that will make you look intelligent grin

Gift>>>> You are not an inlaw yet. just for you to introduce yourself to them abi?, so Wine is the answer. not too cheap not too expensive.... As for mama general overseer, You can just get her an earring. those type that are in cases, those that you can easily wrap as a gift .That will look as if you did not forget her while you were coming, meaning where this one is coming, more will follow... that will make you be in her good book too..... again not too cheap, not expensive...full stop.

Before you go, remember to read some bible verses... Like who was the father of John the Baptist...? How many disciples does Jesus have.. grin
This is because conversation fit come up now, you just open your mouth talk say "sir I admire Ezekiel the father of John the Baptist for his courage and patience before he could have John... he waited all those years...... cheesy"
looooooool ezekiel the father of john d baptist
Re: I Want To Visit My In-law For The First Time by Richy4(m): 7:24pm On Jan 17, 2016
bukason212:

looooooool ezekiel the father of john d baptist

My brother, since he was going to a pastor's house, I was just trying to prepare him... I don't know how strong he is with the bible... I do not want a brother to jump into King Andrew's version instead of king James..... smiley

1 Like

Re: I Want To Visit My In-law For The First Time by bukason212(m): 7:28pm On Jan 17, 2016
Richy4:

My brother, since he was going to a pastor's house, I was just trying to prepare him... I don't know how strong he is with the bible... I do not want a brother to jump into King Andrew's version instead of king James..... smiley
abi
Re: I Want To Visit My In-law For The First Time by IamLEGEND1: 7:46pm On Jan 17, 2016
temporal retirement from the beardgang association(assuming u were a member)

wear the yoruba native attire+ the cap

moderately priced gifts for the parents and for the kids.

then prepare for jamb questions

After everything, make sure u lead a brief prayer session before leaving.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Visit My In-law For The First Time by NoLotty7(m): 6:41pm On Jan 02, 2020
great tips.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Visit My In-law For The First Time by Kobicove(m): 6:52pm On Jan 02, 2020
Richy4:

grin
Re: I Want To Visit My In-law For The First Time by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jan 02, 2020
my brother don't buy any gift since it is your first visit. just buy a nice bottle of wine. present it to the father only after they must have welcomed and entertained you. in Delta we normally add a little cash to a plate since they said it is not good to present drink alone

1 Like

Re: I Want To Visit My In-law For The First Time by nwaimoroseyaho: 7:17pm On Jan 02, 2020
Go with a bottle of wine and some cash in an envelop. When it's time drop the bottle of wine on top of the envelop.
Tell them you came to see them concerning their daughter and you promise them to take food care of her.
Re: I Want To Visit My In-law For The First Time by NoLotty7(m): 7:51pm On Jan 02, 2020
learning.
Re: I Want To Visit My In-law For The First Time by tobechi74: 8:12pm On Jan 02, 2020
BNLR:
Hello Nairalander,

I need your advice on how to create a very good impression with my in law on my first visit. I really want to direct my question to the married ones in the house, but i realised it doesn't count.

My inlaw is a Pastor and Deacon ( Yoruba) I am also a Yoruba.

Without talking much about my financial status, i need your advice on the moderate/ average gift i can go along with and also some things i am not suppose to talk about. I believe this post will be of great value to others.

I AM YOUR INLAW, AND I HAVE ALREADY REJECTED YOU
Re: I Want To Visit My In-law For The First Time by totosucker(m): 8:35pm On Jan 02, 2020
I believe they are expecting you. Dress responsibly. Go with a bottle of wine for the dad, don't buy anything for the mum since this is the first time. Buy bread, cabin biscuits and bottled ground nut for the kids if there are any. First impression matters so before you answer any question, think about it. Give intelligent answers. Behave yourself wisely there.

(1) (Reply)

Meet The Hot Female Chefs That Cook While Being Unclad On Live TV / 13 Advantages And Disadvantages Of Having A Sex Doll / What Three Moments Made You Shed The Most Painful Tears?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.