Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,302 members, 7,815,547 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly (29598 Views)

Budget Scandal: APC Summons Jibrin / House Of Reps To Invite EFCC, ICPC To Probe Budget Scandal / Plot To Impeach Buhari: Senator Misau Criticizes Colleagues For Leaking Secrets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by GoodMuyis(m): 8:37am On Jan 15, 2016
SirExperience:

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Thursday asked the National Assembly to commence the impeachment of President Muhammadu Buhari for what it called ‘various constitutional breaches’ on an alleged submission of two versions of the [size=18pt]2006[/size] budget.

www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/pdp-wants-buhari-impeached-over-missing-budget/129009.html

2006 for real, see journalism

1 Like

Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by wiseoneking: 8:38am On Jan 15, 2016
tuale4u:
We should commend d president 4 listening to us on nairaland and Nigeria masses in general for reducing aso rock feeding from 500million naira in d first version to 100Million naira in the new version.

This is better than in d past were president defend 1billion naira for Aso rock feeding

We should commend d president for reducing Car in presidency from 3.4billion in d first version to 340million in the new one. That is 90% drop.

I agree he was not well advised on how to go about it, but it was done with d interest of d masses. But we should focus on end point of the action and not on frivolities PDP are feeding d masses with.

We should understand that Buhari was not under any compulsion to reduce some of those extravagance. He could have ignored d criticism of d masses and leave the waste in d budget. But he listen to us and amended it.

Why is it not an issue in the House of Representative? The Budget was not only given to Senate. The budget was presented to Joint National Assembly. Not to senate alone. House of rep has no issue with d amendment. But criminal Saraki in d senate is trying to over blow it to protect himself from code of conduct tribunal because the supreme court decision is close by on the 5th of February. He is wasting his time. If Saraki thinks he can connive with PDP to blackmail the president into killing the anti-corruption drive of the president, he is making a big mistake .

The Budget has not be signed into law. It has not be approve. So it can be changed or ammended. The president saw an error and chose to correct. He may have been advised wrongly on how to do it, but the overall intention is noble. Nigerians should learn to praise noble things rather than destroying it with useless technicalities and partisanship.

PDP should not be taken seriously because they dont care a bit about Nigeria masses.
They only care about protecting thier criminal members and looters.

Next time the president must ensure he prove read every document before making it public to avoid this kind of embarrassment in the future.

As far as i am concern, this whole noise on d budget is due to the fact that the President and Saraki are not in good terms. So senate President is making unneccessary noise about it.

There is no illegality in what d presidency did. No law was broken. He may have missed some protocol in doing it, no single law was broken.

As a member of Nigeria masses, I know when things is done for the interest of d masses. This case is clearly in d interest of d masses. I will rather focus on d nobility of the intention and action of the president, than focus on the technicality which is being overblown out of proportion in d senate by the senate president to protect himself from prosecution.

I have seen both version. They are almost 99% the same. The majoy difference is the reduction in Extravagance in the presidency in the new one.

THE BUDGET WAS SUBMITTED TO BOTH SENATE AND HOUSE OF REP. HOUSE OF REP SPEAKER SAID NOTHING IS MISSING WHY IS SENATE PRESIDENT MAKING ALL THE NOISE
You guys are indirectly true enemies of pmb. You praise him when he is doing wrong but pdp criticises him. He will later heed to the pdp critism while you guys are still wailing. Who cares about him better. You see pmb getting into the pit but applaud him but pdp will raise alarm.
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by wiseoneking: 8:44am On Jan 15, 2016
sameer1212:
Lol...single shame una no get. You still they brag after you guys has been render useless as far as National politics is concern. Dude the earlier you Igbos realise that your votes don't count anymore in this country the better. cheesy
Truth is bitter.You hate your little god pmb by clamping for him even when he is heading into the pit. Thank God for the opposition if not your type will eat sand with this govt. Shame.
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by Nobody: 8:48am On Jan 15, 2016
chiedu7:
[size=14pt]B00hari is an absolute fraud.[/size]

una don forget say una president said he will make
₦1 = $1
Maybe he really meant I will make ₦1000 = $1

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/ill-make-naira-equal-in-value-to-dollar-says-buhari/

Haaaaaaaaa................

When did he say that........

People shaaaaa!!!!!!
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by wiseoneking: 8:53am On Jan 15, 2016
sameer1212:
Lol...single shame una no get. You still they brag after you guys has been render useless as far as National politics is concern. Dude the earlier you Igbos realise that your votes don't count anymore in this country the better. cheesy
Go ask the lagosians how many igbos that are representing them in both state and federal House. Lol. Presently, they have finished strategising on at least 4 local govt are and 100 counselors. Atleast their votes will be counting in the SW. Next will be Ogun and Ekiti. We need igbo reps in these states. Wait for us in the next election. Lol.
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by victor2exl(m): 8:56am On Jan 15, 2016
FACELESS LOOTERS AND THIEVES TALKING FROM HIDDEN....
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by AlPeter: 8:59am On Jan 15, 2016
asadike:
Isi odi kwa gi nma? Who is talking of votes here? If you dont have anything good to say about your tribe,so be it. yes, if we can boldly speak out against that tyrant of a president, then we dont have shame. And why are u laughing with a toothless mouth?
it's not boldness, it's hatred, bigotry and intolerance that you and your folks have against Buhari you are still hurting from the loss at the polls
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by Bgorgeous: 9:03am On Jan 15, 2016
How missing budget weh loss for national Assembly take concern Buhari . miss guided mumus
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by gbassa: 9:55am On Jan 15, 2016
Nigerians Lawyers should tell us now, what Buhar did is it not an impeachable offence?
APC lawyers tell us now, is this not an impeachable offence?

Hitback2back:
...chai Nigerians will celebrate me after my exit.
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by Ripama: 10:07am On Jan 15, 2016
Which one is better, btw d looters dt milked and enriched themselves with d money meant 4 d well-being of d masses n a slight error from a government dt has good intentions 4 Nigerians?
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by Ripama: 10:11am On Jan 15, 2016
[quote author=gbassa post=41993460]Nigerians Lawyers should tell us now, what Buhar did is it not an impeachable offence?
APC lawyers tell us now, is this not an impeachable offence?

if Buhari's offence is impeachable, Jonathan, and his cohorts should b sentenced to life imprisonment. What are you talking about.
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by Ephemmm: 10:21am On Jan 15, 2016
asadike:
[s]Isi odi kwa gi nma? Who is talking of votes here? If you dont have anything good to say about your tribe,so be it. yes, if we can boldly speak out against that tyrant of a president, then we dont have shame. And why are u laughing with a toothless mouth?
[/s]

Agony of a looser tongue tongue tongue How has reduction of Presidency's budget become a crime in a democratic setting? Your ranting does not eraze the fact that PDP, the largest party in Africa is now an Eastern Party; deal with it.
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by Ephemmm: 10:22am On Jan 15, 2016
sameer1212:
Lol...plss can you tell me why you hate this government so much?

1. His party, PDP was turned to Yeebos party.

2. Ogogoro drunkard was sent back to Otueke tongue tongue tongue
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by alaskido(m): 10:29am On Jan 15, 2016
Chai, We don enter one chance for this APC government. Campaign promises can no longer be met.
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by SHAIBULIAR: 10:39am On Jan 15, 2016
asadike:
Thk u my igbo brother. We are d only people bold enough to speak d truth. We fear no foes and we dont care whether d Daura President is hurt or not. D truth is bitter but someone have to say it. Buhari should resign with immediate effect. Corruption fighting corruption. Ndi ara
you are very correct,the only problem with your people is that if any steals or robs,it is no big deal,na business,that time you people are not always there to speak out grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by melakes(m): 10:46am On Jan 15, 2016
tuale4u:
We should commend d president 4 listening to us on nairaland and Nigeria masses in general for reducing aso rock feeding from 500million naira in d first version to 100Million naira in the new version.

This is better than in d past were president defend 1billion naira for Aso rock feeding

We should commend d president for reducing Car in presidency from 3.4billion in d first version to 340million in the new one. That is 90% drop.

I agree he was not well advised on how to go about it, but it was done with d interest of d masses. But we should focus on end point of the action and not on frivolities PDP are feeding d masses with.

We should understand that Buhari was not under any compulsion to reduce some of those extravagance. He could have ignored d criticism of d masses and leave the waste in d budget. But he listen to us and amended it.

Why is it not an issue in the House of Representative? The Budget was not only given to Senate. The budget was presented to Joint National Assembly. Not to senate alone. House of rep has no issue with d amendment. But criminal Saraki in d senate is trying to over blow it to protect himself from code of conduct tribunal because the supreme court decision is close by on the 5th of February. He is wasting his time. If Saraki thinks he can connive with PDP to blackmail the president into killing the anti-corruption drive of the president, he is making a big mistake .

The Budget has not be signed into law. It has not be approve. So it can be changed or ammended. The president saw an error and chose to correct. He may have been advised wrongly on how to do it, but the overall intention is noble. Nigerians should learn to praise noble things rather than destroying it with useless technicalities and partisanship.

PDP should not be taken seriously because they dont care a bit about Nigeria masses.
They only care about protecting thier criminal members and looters.

Next time the president must ensure he prove read every document before making it public to avoid this kind of embarrassment in the future.

As far as i am concern, this whole noise on d budget is due to the fact that the President and Saraki are not in good terms. So senate President is making unneccessary noise about it.

There is no illegality in what d presidency did. No law was broken. He may have missed some protocol in doing it, no single law was broken.

As a member of Nigeria masses, I know when things is done for the interest of d masses. This case is clearly in d interest of d masses. I will rather focus on d nobility of the intention and action of the president, than focus on the technicality which is being overblown out of proportion in d senate by the senate president to protect himself from prosecution.

I have seen both version. They are almost 99% the same. The majoy difference is the reduction in Extravagance in the presidency in the new one.

THE BUDGET WAS SUBMITTED TO BOTH SENATE AND HOUSE OF REP. HOUSE OF REP SPEAKER SAID NOTHING IS MISSING WHY IS SENATE PRESIDENT MAKING ALL THE NOISE
Am so glad we still have very intelligent & liberal ppl like u on ds forum. some ppl are just looking 4 d downfall of ds govt rather than encourage 2 make it work. d large populace have voted in ds govt 4 a propose.
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by tunkuns: 10:51am On Jan 15, 2016
Bro i want to challenge your comment and your source with this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igfXALWBmF8 pls watch it and come and tell me where Buhari made such promise at Dan Anyima Stadium, which was quoted in your link.
This is not the first time i'm seeing this comment on here but i decided not to comment on it since. Because many of you dnt do research, anything that is put on air, so far it favor u its okay.
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by chernest2002: 11:51am On Jan 15, 2016
For some people, as long as the neck still carry the head they will continue to shout sai baba
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by kossyablaze(m): 11:59am On Jan 15, 2016
sameer1212:
been *RENDERED*Did u eva c d four walls of a primary school?Speak good english sir or speak hausa ur native
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by jonnieoneng: 12:01pm On Jan 15, 2016
chiedu7:
[size=14pt]B00hari is an absolute fraud.[/size]

una don forget say una president said he will make
₦1 = $1
Maybe he really meant I will make ₦1000 = $1

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/ill-make-naira-equal-in-value-to-dollar-says-buhari/

We are still in the early stage of this administration.It is unfair that u are already passing judgements.The past government ensured that lots of things bottlenecks were created to impede the preformance of this administration.Which is typical of Nigeria and African Politicians.The current President is not a push over like GEJ.As per the identified laxities,only time will tell.Those of u saying PMB should resign,can you tell us when last an elected
Nigerian President voluntarily resigned?If as cueless as GEJ was he didn't,so y shld PMB.
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by kossyablaze(m): 12:05pm On Jan 15, 2016
sameer1212:
Lol...plss can you tell me why you hate this government so much?
I voted dem buh I regret it now.$1=N305...the economy is messed up.Lies n deceit everywhere.No single achievement recorded till date.I prefer any other Hausa man as president than Buhari.He knows nothing.
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by skj1377(m): 12:31pm On Jan 15, 2016
dont worry nigeria will get better than it is today after the first 4 years of pmb. the solution to Nigeria's problems are inwards not looking outwards for finance or the so called financial experts that have all the certification and have worked in the world bank and are paid heavily in dollars . pmb is on point so far. if the last PDP government had used the proceeds of over$110 per barrel of crude oil right they will still be in government today. remember the monies been recovered from only the pdp spokes person N400m or so is enough to renovate or build new infrastructure besides between former petroleum minister and national security adviser and even obasonjo $10 billion electricity scam among others you are looking at over $30billion monies in private accounts. Truth be told a lot of commentators on this forum do not know what good government is or do not know their lives have been affected negatively by the 16 yrs misrule of pdp if only they could look into the mirror and see how they would have been if monies were properly spent am sure they will weep.
porka:
It is better to appeal to Buhari to quietly resign at this point. 

This current scandal is just the tip of the iceberg. What this man will do to Nigeria sooner or later, even the most irrational follower of his will be ashamed. 

To Buhari's supporters, it is now time for you guys to swallow your pride. The man you supported does not have the capacity to lead Nigeria at this period. He doesn't know his left from his right.‎

It is when people don't have anything to offer that they accuse everyone on the street. They will accuse the city wizards and village witches. It should not take this long for any intelligent person to notice changes. There's is not a single positive change in anything so far for over 8 months. Only a change of personalities.

Swallow your pride. You guys have made your point. Jonathan is gone. He won't come back again, you don't have anything to fear again. Allow Buhari to take his leave honorably.

As you can see, all these errors are committed by himself. They are unforced. If these unforced errors are this scandalous, what will happen when the real hyenas/vultures of Nigerian politics decide to be on his case.

They are just watching your Baba now, they are bidding their time. It's not for anything, it's just courtesy. ‎You will pity him when they show him the stuff they are made of.  And he doesn't even have the temperament to play the game. And so they will bait him to misuse presidential powers. 

He is not fighting any corruption. He can't. How do you explain fighting corruption with doctoring of Nigerian official documents. They have seen his vulnerabilities. He is toast now. 

And the economy is not even helping matters. He has bankrupted this country within a short time. And has taken off more than half of his supporters' base.
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by jonnieoneng: 12:40pm On Jan 15, 2016
Ephemmm:

Agony of a looser tongue tongue tongue How has reduction of Presidency's budget become a crime in a democratic setting? Your ranting does not eraze the fact that PDP, the largest party in Africa is now an Eastern Party; deal with it.

My brother you need to understand some gospel truth.
1.It is foolish,to join issues with an Igbo man when money is involved.He will gladly sell his Mother,if it fetches a good price.Hence,they will neva see anything wrong with GEJ govt
2.It is foolish when u join issues of morality and sensibility with an Igbo man.Their senses in that line is some how.I knew this becos I spent years deal with and living amongst them.That is why when a GEJ, though an Ijaw man was out manoevred by a predominantly Igbo cabinet.
3.An Igbo man believes he knows it all and he is beta than every other pesin
4.If u give an Igbo man a foot he will take ten miles and willingly kil u if u dare complain.
I can go on and on.So bottom line,neva argue folow Pmb's example
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by ikechi1000(m): 12:48pm On Jan 15, 2016
i am tempted to spread my mat here. but i'm a christian so i won't

anyways, check out https://www.dropbox.com/s/62zihdbm51w9n20/doc8.pdf?dl=0

get my ebook on how to make money doing almost nothing for free and be the first to review it.
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by asadike(f): 3:02pm On Jan 15, 2016
SHAIBULIAR:
you are very correct,the only problem with your people is that if any steals or robs,it is no big deal,na business,that time you people are not always there to speak out grin grin grin grin grin
ignored
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by asadike(f): 3:06pm On Jan 15, 2016
Ephemmm:

stupidity of a zombie. So pdp is now an eastern party? thats good to know.
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by asadike(f): 3:08pm On Jan 15, 2016
AlPeter:
it's not boldness, it's hatred, bigotry and intolerance that you and your folks have against Buhari you are still hurting from the loss at the polls
its a free world, u can say or think whatever u want.
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by Ephemmm: 3:09pm On Jan 15, 2016
asadike:
stupidity of a zombie. So pdp is now an eastern party? thats good to know.

No be PDP: na APGA. Bingo! tongue tongue tongue
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by asadike(f): 3:11pm On Jan 15, 2016
proxillin:

[size=16pt]What I see is Grievances...

Bold ko....Italics ni...Yeye tribo[/size]

Note we Nigerians will defeat you over and over again in any election. Your tribalism isnt working. Did it? It failed in Lagos...It will continue to fail.
What is dis one babbling about? what did i say and what are u saying? who is talking about election and who cares?
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by asadike(f): 3:23pm On Jan 15, 2016
henryhemon:

You are deluded really. Which truth? Where were your truth when a clown was president? Why didn't you tell T.A orji the truth and other southest governors the truth when they did nothing? Clowns deceiving themselves. Fuel sells the highest in the southeast and your truth is no where to be seen.
nwokem, if u dont know what to say, u better keep quiet. we igbos are not afraid to condemn our leaders and govs when they go astray . you better open up threads on them and see for yourself.
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by asadike(f): 3:26pm On Jan 15, 2016
henryhemon:

You really don't have shame I rather have a tyrant as a president than incompetent man and a clown who gets drunk as a president. Ee ra la ugwu gi.
ihere megbu o gi. Nwoke nwanyi dika gi. when i talk of igbos, i dont mean efuluefus and when i talk of men, i never mentioned castrated ones. aturu
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by asadike(f): 3:28pm On Jan 15, 2016
AntiIPOB:
I believed yor mouth was sealed during jonathan tenure,and your boldness was taken away by tribal sentiment,that is why you igbos were silent thru out the last administration and become so vocal after the inglorious exit of your jesus.
You guys are hypocrites.
Just like u are anti ipob,Buhari is anti igbo so we have no choice than to be anti Buhari.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

INEC Includes Zamfara APC Candidates On The Ballot / I Was Freer In Nigeria Than In India – El-zakzaky / Let’s Treat Buhari’s Ministerial List With Urgency, Saraki Tells Senators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.