Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,725 members, 7,851,482 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:28 PM

Motorable 'wooden Bridge' In Lagos - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Motorable 'wooden Bridge' In Lagos (28672 Views)

Yangsigang Yangtze River Bridge In China, Looking Like 'A Ladder To Heaven' / Longest And Most Confusing Pedestran Bridge In Nigeria / Hawker Falls Off A Bridge In Lagos After Being Hit By A Danfo Bus. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Motorable 'wooden Bridge' In Lagos by Babyboy1986(m): 1:09pm On Jan 15, 2016
Wow cheesy
Re: Motorable 'wooden Bridge' In Lagos by 9jatatafo(m): 1:09pm On Jan 15, 2016
Bad advert for motorists because if the volume of traffic should increased, I foresee collapse
Re: Motorable 'wooden Bridge' In Lagos by bronzegoddess(f): 1:11pm On Jan 15, 2016
sugarvallly:
nice innovative

The young man above me is my church member
Laser fever ko, plastic surgery ni
Re: Motorable 'wooden Bridge' In Lagos by islandmoon: 1:12pm On Jan 15, 2016
when the government failed to perform its duty,
Re: Motorable 'wooden Bridge' In Lagos by Goke7: 1:12pm On Jan 15, 2016
bimbochoco:
shocked Range rover ontop pako bridge... APA ma ni eleyi

If you we're not born when NTA was showing Isaura d slavegirl please don't quote me... Thank you

o boy I remember that brazillian soap opera die!
Re: Motorable 'wooden Bridge' In Lagos by Holyman3(m): 1:13pm On Jan 15, 2016
sugarvallly:
nice innovative

Sugarvalley?
Is the valley really sugar?

That's how you people attract Timaya.
Re: Motorable 'wooden Bridge' In Lagos by sugarvallly(f): 1:13pm On Jan 15, 2016
bronzegoddess:
Laser fever ko, plastic surgery ni

modified
Re: Motorable 'wooden Bridge' In Lagos by redcliff: 1:13pm On Jan 15, 2016
ibnquasale:
Interesting... hopefully we wont have to read posts on how hundreds lost their lives as a result of using a wooden bridge

Wow!!!! I am FTC, my first ever since i joined Nairaland! Obviously, this is the beginning of greater things for me.

You will not struggle to become great in life!!!!

Because you are first to comment then its the beginning of greater things for you? that means you have been backward a long time and you are attaching the irrelevance of commenting on a thread the beginning of greater things for you?

1 Like

Re: Motorable 'wooden Bridge' In Lagos by Gkemz: 1:17pm On Jan 15, 2016
That's so creative. Though it may not be able to accommodate heavy duty trucks and trailers simultaneously.
Re: Motorable 'wooden Bridge' In Lagos by 9jatriot(m): 1:20pm On Jan 15, 2016
Identify a problem just like other people, solve that problem (which is what differentiates us) and make money from the solution (which further differentiates us)

Kreamie:
This bridge! Been wanting to come up with a write up about this bridge for a while now..This bridge isnt too far from where I stay and I must commend the effort of the man who's behind the concept/Maintenance of the bridge as this bridge serves as an alternate link between BARUWA and IGANDO if you don't want to be trapped in notorious traffic at Egbeda. "Baba Tiwa n Tiwa" as he's popularly called (His Honda pilot also carries this aka) is the brain behind the construction and maintenance of the bridge and so far so good, the bridge has served me and so many others. Though he charges a token (100naira) as toll fee for using the bridge, the fee is nothing comapred to the time/fuel one would have to burn if one is trapped in the EGBEDA traffic.

Kudos to the man!

1 Like

Re: Motorable 'wooden Bridge' In Lagos by suwalee(f): 1:25pm On Jan 15, 2016
bimbochoco:
shocked Range rover ontop pako bridge... APA ma ni eleyi

If you we're not born when NTA was showing Isaura d slavegirl please don't quote me... Thank you
it's escrava isuara Chaiiii tho ano too jell wt soap
Re: Motorable 'wooden Bridge' In Lagos by saasala(m): 1:27pm On Jan 15, 2016
This is the one for the treckers. They charge 30 naira.

Re: Motorable 'wooden Bridge' In Lagos by skyhighweb(m): 1:30pm On Jan 15, 2016
sugarvallly:
nice innovative

how is it innovative?
the person below me is not my church member

1 Like

Re: Motorable 'wooden Bridge' In Lagos by lukaino(m): 1:31pm On Jan 15, 2016
Ambode, Ambode, Ambode!
How many times did I call you?
Beta wake up and give your tax paying citizens quality infrastructure.
This sure is a dent on the acclaimed mega city status of Lagos
Re: Motorable 'wooden Bridge' In Lagos by bimbochoco(m): 1:36pm On Jan 15, 2016
suwalee:
it's escrava isuara Chaiiii tho ano too jell wt soap

The interpretation is Isaura the slave gal, if I had written in Spanish, not many would have known wat I was talking about... The theme song is my ringtone, do u mind me sharing with u? grin
Re: Motorable 'wooden Bridge' In Lagos by bimbochoco(m): 1:37pm On Jan 15, 2016
Goke7:

o boy I remember that brazillian soap opera die!

Correct!!! U small then sha... grin
Re: Motorable 'wooden Bridge' In Lagos by Olabestonic001(m): 1:38pm On Jan 15, 2016
ikbnice:
Next time you are travelling outside of Lagos and need to avoid traffic, use the 'Road Link' bridge. The bridge was launched in 2003 as a footbridge and later upgraded to vehicle transmitting bridge.

Road Link has opened the community up to many opportunities, investments and job creations. Chief Dr. J.O Omojolowo is the pioneer behind the famous ‘Road Link’ wooden bridge bringing the two communities of Igando and Ayobo together. Many people travel to Ogun State and so on via the Road Link bridge, saving them traffic time and money. Next time you are travelling outside of Lagos and need to avoid traffic, use the 'Road Link' bridge.

cc lalasticlala

Thanks so much for bringing this foreknowledge of all and sundry.
Re: Motorable 'wooden Bridge' In Lagos by idupaul: 1:41pm On Jan 15, 2016
Shocked that people are calling this dangerous and illegal contraption innovative. ..the govt should shut it down asap before any life is lost..passing that bridge with a car is like Russian Roulette i tell u.

1 Like

Re: Motorable 'wooden Bridge' In Lagos by Atk01(f): 1:55pm On Jan 15, 2016
bimbochoco:

The interpretation is Isaura the slave gal, if I had written in Spanish, not many would have known wat I was talking about... The theme song is my ringtone, do u mind me sharing with u? grin
Please what's the title of the song?
The one that goes lele lere or something like that.
Re: Motorable 'wooden Bridge' In Lagos by alaskido(m): 1:57pm On Jan 15, 2016
This man na second Bola Tinubu (jagabandit). I bet he got the innovation from him. Build pako bridge and collect N100.00 as toll fee. Good business for omonile.
Re: Motorable 'wooden Bridge' In Lagos by tonychristopher: 2:00pm On Jan 15, 2016
You might see this as innovation but I see this as disgrace

Don't they have local government there ?

1 Like

Re: Motorable 'wooden Bridge' In Lagos by ibnquasale(m): 2:00pm On Jan 15, 2016
redcliff:

Because you are first to comment then its the beginning of greater things for you? that means you have been backward a long time and you are attaching the irrelevance of commenting on a thread the beginning of greater things for you?

well, that's your own wahala... FTC is more of a fun thing, and i am happy joining in the fun. Afterall, we all can't be too serious like you.
So, if my prayer is affecting you, make fire burn you more! tongue grin
Re: Motorable 'wooden Bridge' In Lagos by Kingbilo(m): 2:02pm On Jan 15, 2016
Me, drive my range on top that bridge..

Na to turn back go house angry
Re: Motorable 'wooden Bridge' In Lagos by mccoy47(m): 2:04pm On Jan 15, 2016
sugarvallly:
nice innovative

U'r a very voluptuous corp member. Am sure u would be giving ur colleagues "hard times" wink

1 Like

Re: Motorable 'wooden Bridge' In Lagos by tolagbemi: 2:08pm On Jan 15, 2016
This is madness in Lagos of 2016. Ambode remove this cheating.
Re: Motorable 'wooden Bridge' In Lagos by Nicepoker(m): 2:18pm On Jan 15, 2016
ibnquasale:
Interesting... hopefully we wont have to read posts on how hundreds lost their lives as a result of using a wooden bridge

Wow!!!! I am FTC, my first ever since i joined Nairaland! Obviously, this is the beginning of greater things for me.

You will not struggle to become great in life!!!!
but u struggled for FTC for months. How come
Re: Motorable 'wooden Bridge' In Lagos by masterblogger(m): 2:19pm On Jan 15, 2016
Why is this strange in lagos? this type of bridges are all over the south south especially riverine areas.
Re: Motorable 'wooden Bridge' In Lagos by Olabestonic001(m): 2:26pm On Jan 15, 2016
idupaul:
Shocked that people are calling this dangerous and illegal contraption innovative. ..the govt should shut it down asap before any life is lost..passing that bridge with a car is like Russian Roulette i tell u.

Can you proof that or you are just one of those who like picking holes? That bridge is made of good quality wooden materials as the owner knows that only its proper functionality can benefit the people and cause a recoup of his investment. While I believe that there could be improvement on it, its not a bad venture as you would like others to see it. There are 3 of cross-overs in that axis:

(1) One linking Olayemi(Ayobo) to Lanre(Igando axis) aka Pako Oloyun. I use that road well and it can take automobile up to jeeps.
(2) Linking Olayemi (Ayobo) to Hotel (Igango axis). Only for pedestrians.
(3) Linking Olayemi (Ayobo) to Igando

And there's another one linking Aiyetoro (Ogun) state to Ikola (Command, Ipaja, Lagos state).

Though there are major roads to these places but these are alternative routes and they are mostly not the best during raining seasons.

1 Like

Re: Motorable 'wooden Bridge' In Lagos by aalangel(f): 2:34pm On Jan 15, 2016
I've used the bridge before. Just 10 minutes from Baruwa to Igando. Good job by vigilante guys that protect the area.

1 Like

Re: Motorable 'wooden Bridge' In Lagos by suwalee(f): 2:35pm On Jan 15, 2016
bimbochoco:

wow nd I like d theme song wella
Re: Motorable 'wooden Bridge' In Lagos by bimbochoco(m): 2:49pm On Jan 15, 2016
Atk01:

Please what's the title of the song?
The one that goes lele lere or something like that.

I cut it from the YouTube video I downloaded, Isaura escrava something like that... But it sounds cool still

1 Like

Re: Motorable 'wooden Bridge' In Lagos by badesco(m): 3:25pm On Jan 15, 2016
Give honour to whom honour is due. What lagos state Government can not do, an individual has done it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Truck Suffers Brake Failure, Crushes Woman To Death In Lagos (Graphic) / Japa Syndrome: NIS Cautions Nigerians Against Irregular Migration / Nearly-completed construction of 76.7 Km Iseyin-Fapote-Ogbomoso Road by Oyo Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.