Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,111 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Do You Think Chinese Hate Black People? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Do You Think Chinese Hate Black People? (8685 Views)

I Can Relate To Black People, My Ancestors Once Owned Slaves – Mitt Romney / China Hates Black People / Why Did Adolph Hitler Hate Jews So Much? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think Chinese Hate Black People? by adamcn(m): 7:29pm On Jun 21, 2009
http://www.asiafinest.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=200780&st=0

Ding Hui, the first black athelete in Chinese national volleyball team.
Chinese hate all the white, black, yellow who are unfriendly, unpolitely.
But indeed, black people gave worse impression to the chinese. Like the custom people at the airport ask for "something" when i arrived Lagos, the people in uniform stop our car and check everything carefully and slowly, i should have to know what they want. And someone always prefer shout to talk to try to be looks more powerful. I don't know how do you think about it, but i experience these.

In china, there are so many NBA fans. We started to know the game since Jordan. Now Kobe, Lebron, Anthony, Wade have plenty fans in China. In a word, the people are hated not because of their color.

Re: Do You Think Chinese Hate Black People? by tpiah: 9:18pm On Jun 21, 2009
In fact, in Guangzhou, a city referred to as “Chocolate City” by the Chinese, there are an estimated 100,000 African immigrants, mostly from the western part of the continent, reports the Telegraph. The number is increasing by at least 30 percent each year in that area

http://www.bet.com/News/NewsArticleChinaNamesFirstBlackOlympicAthlete?cid=YSSP

wow.

anyway, if the guy's father is south African, then why is his name Chinese? Is he half or a quarter black because I dont get it.

SPORTS magazines have breathlessly hailed his "special characteristics"; learned analysts have spoken in awed tones about the "athleticism of his genes" and some have praised the "whiteness and size" of his teeth.

At its core, though, the source of all the excitement is simple: Ding Hui, the latest addition to China's fiercely competitive national volleyball squad, is black.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,25337021-5015718,00.html

isnt that nice. They even checked his teeth.

One of China's biggest internet portals described him thus: "Black skin, thick lips and big white teeth are his main characteristics," it read, adding that "due to the special characteristics of his bloodline Ding Hui is blessed with pliability, toughness and agility".

hahaha hehehe

so funny shocked shocked

and what's with the emphasis on teeth? Is he competing in chewing tournaments?
Re: Do You Think Chinese Hate Black People? by ElRazur: 9:42pm On Jun 21, 2009
@Topic.

Say what?

Anyway, I once had relationship with a Chinese girl and damn, she was the bomb!
Re: Do You Think Chinese Hate Black People? by adamcn(m): 10:39pm On Jun 21, 2009
As far as i know, this guy grow up in Zhejiang Province, China, so i think it's better for him to have a chinese name, like chinese need english name. You sabi Jackie Cheng, but his chinese name is Cheng Long.

As to the teeth, black people's teeth is very white. Especially compared with the black skin, the white is so highlighted. Many chinese hope to have their teeth as white as blacks'. So that's why they pay attention on teeth, is it irreverence?
Re: Do You Think Chinese Hate Black People? by RichyBlacK(m): 11:58pm On Jun 21, 2009
Who cares about irrelevant racist Chinese in these day and age?
Re: Do You Think Chinese Hate Black People? by SeanT21(f): 4:33am On Jun 22, 2009
I do not think Chinese hates BLACKS!!
Re: Do You Think Chinese Hate Black People? by tpiah: 8:19am On Jun 22, 2009
adamcn:

As far as i know, this guy grow up in Zhejiang Province, China, so i think it's better for him to have a chinese name, like chinese need english name. You sabi Jackie Cheng, but his chinese name is Cheng Long.

As to the teeth, black people's teeth is very white. Especially compared with the black skin, the white is so highlighted. Many chinese hope to have their teeth as white as blacks'. So that's why they pay attention on teeth, is it irreverence?

you mean he changed his name? ok- no problem with that.

as per the teeth- arent dentists supposed to help out in that area?

Are you Chinese?
Re: Do You Think Chinese Hate Black People? by mystikal(m): 8:23am On Jun 22, 2009
my chinese gf didnt hate me!
Re: Do You Think Chinese Hate Black People? by adamcn(m): 11:24am On Jun 22, 2009
tpiah:

you mean he changed his name? ok- no problem with that.

as per the teeth- arent dentists supposed to help out in that area?

Are you Chinese?

See a dentists cost much. I'm a Chinese, coz i find there is a topic named "chinese hate black people" on this forum when i search the key word china, so i just want to try to make you know chinese better.
Re: Do You Think Chinese Hate Black People? by ElRazur: 11:37am On Jun 22, 2009
RichyBlack, why do you deemed Chinese as racist and irrelavant? Or am I missing the sarcasm?
Re: Do You Think Chinese Hate Black People? by tpiah: 11:53am On Jun 22, 2009
adamcn:

See a dentists cost much. I'm a Chinese, coz i find there is a topic named "chinese hate black people" on this forum when i search the key word china, so i just want to try to make you know chinese better.

oh, ok.

You're right- there is a thread about that. It had something to do with the olympics.
Re: Do You Think Chinese Hate Black People? by tunku(m): 4:13pm On Jun 22, 2009
I read that whole thread and I have to say that I find it hard to believe that the chinese aren't racist. Anyways its not like we care in this forum what the Chinese choose to do in their own country with a statistically minuscule minority of black skinned residents. But be warned, your little adventures all over the world will bring all different kinds of people to your backyard. I find it funny that the people in that forum were going apoplectic  about a Chinese indigene, who grew up in China, and is good at volleyball, yet they reacted as if it is the end of the world for Chinese culture.
Re: Do You Think Chinese Hate Black People? by mccloud224(m): 2:50am On Jul 24, 2009
Let no one be deceived.Asians in general hate blacks.They detest us and look down on us (same way the Americans look down on them as shit heads).You need to ask anyone who's been to any Asian country of the "treatment" they get there.They only force themselves to "tolerate" you if you have big business for them or you are a major source of income for them.Anything but that, forget it.Even the ones here in 9ja look down upon us not to talk of "Ching Chong land"
Re: Do You Think Chinese Hate Black People? by mzansigirl(f): 6:42pm On Jul 24, 2009
@ poster
many of the chinese on the discussion forum (u provided a link to) do feel black people are inferior, so if their opinion is anything to go by, the answer is yes chinese hate black people.
Re: Do You Think Chinese Hate Black People? by TOYOSI20(f): 9:23am On Jul 25, 2009
, . . . .na wah oo, what da hell do i care??, . . . .they do theirs n i stay doing mine, so whats the deal?? undecided
Re: Do You Think Chinese Hate Black People? by Thor(m): 9:28am On Jul 25, 2009
Seeing as quite a few Nigerian scammers have been arrested in China the answer is probably yes angry
Re: Do You Think Chinese Hate Black People? by mccloud224(m): 1:21am On Jul 26, 2009
@Thor

Welcome back.Where have you been all this while?Where you beaten up by patriotic Nigerians who detest people like you who put down their country's name just to feel self righteous?How is that unsuccessful campaign of yours coming along?
Re: Do You Think Chinese Hate Black People? by MandingoII(m): 6:13pm On Jul 26, 2009
Chinese are small people.

Small people historically do not like big people.

Especially big black people
Re: Do You Think Chinese Hate Black People? by Thor(m): 6:28pm On Jul 26, 2009
MandingoII:

Chinese are small people.

Small people historically do not like big people.

Especially big black people

Maybe Big Black Yahoo Boys grin grin
Re: Do You Think Chinese Hate Black People? by blackspade(m): 8:38pm On Jul 26, 2009
No, I don't think Chinese people hate black people. Their "racism" is much more innocent than what you'd get from a European in my opinion. The vast majority of Chinese people have never seen or come in contact with a black person in their lives, so when they see one, it's kind of expected for there to be some curiosity and reservedness.
Re: Do You Think Chinese Hate Black People? by Beaf: 7:55am On Jul 27, 2009
I took the time to read every single post in the thread the OP linked. The amount of racism from the majority of Chinese people is truely shocking,  even frightening. If that is representative of average Chinese thinking, all African countries and the US need to watch relations with China.
If that forum repesents the average Chinese, all Africans and African Americans might need to keep away from the Chinese.

jianlian23: Exactly, and I think that we shouldnt let in negroid people in to China. The crimes and rapes would increase if we let them apes in.
http://www.asiafinest.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=200780&st=200

That wasn't said by a neo nazi.
Re: Do You Think Chinese Hate Black People? by SkyBlue1: 1:37pm On Jul 28, 2009
The comments on that forum, WOW.
Re: Do You Think Chinese Hate Black People? by Nnenna1(f): 7:53pm On Jul 28, 2009
Depends. I'm in grad school and one my best mates is Chinese.

On the other hand, when I first moved here and was looking for an apartment, a potential landlady who happened to be Chinese did not want me as a tenant because I'm black (yes, she actually said it).

We lived in a messed up world though, I agree undecided
Re: Do You Think Chinese Hate Black People? by blackspade(m): 10:10pm On Jul 28, 2009
Forums in no way represent an entire group of people. Do you honestly think those chinks would say any of that in the vicinity of an African? They may think it, but they know well enough when to bite their toungue.
Re: Do You Think Chinese Hate Black People? by blackspade(m): 10:11pm On Jul 28, 2009
When it comes to Asians, Indians are BY FAR the worst when it comes to racism, THE WORST. Then comes Malaysians.
Re: Do You Think Chinese Hate Black People? by nolongTing: 12:20am On Jul 30, 2009
All races on this planet think they are better than black people - they hate your guts and think you are crap. Thats the truth, why? just look at how the the media treats black people and look at how Nigerians act.   grin cheesy smiley cheesy grin grin smiley  For example one of the scientists that discovered DNA said that he thought black people were genetically inferior to every other race, eveyone thinks black people are inferior to them I'm afraid. Its funny how there is so much discrimination in Nigeria 'you're Ibo', you're Yoruba, 'you're Hausa' and so on in the west do you think a white person will be able to tell whose ibo and whose Yoruba? grin grin smiley grin grin grin
Re: Do You Think Chinese Hate Black People? by Nobody: 12:25am On Jul 30, 2009
Its funny how there is so much discrimination in Nigeria 'you're Ibo', you're Yoruba, 'you're Hausa' and so on in the west do you think a white person will be able to tell whose ibo and whose Yoruba?

well, from what we're told these days, they do. undecided Moreso they helped cement the labels so at least some of them should grin
Re: Do You Think Chinese Hate Black People? by nolongTing: 12:32am On Jul 30, 2009
tpia.:

well, from what we're told these days, they do. undecided Moreso they helped cement the labels so at least some of them should grin

They helped to solidify self-hatred and divisions nothing more, colonialism means 'we are going to wipe out your culture and replace it with ours which is better', they succeeeded grin cheesy grin wink smiley grin grin grin smiley smiley
Re: Do You Think Chinese Hate Black People? by SeanT21(f): 1:14am On Jul 30, 2009
Beaf:

I took the time to read every single post in the thread the OP linked. The amount of racism from the majority of Chinese people is truely shocking, even frightening. If that is representative of average Chinese thinking, all African countries and the US need to watch relations with China.
If that forum repesents the average Chinese, all Africans and African Americans might need to keep away from the Chinese.

That wasn't said by a neo nazi.

Visit BlackVoices, BlackPlanet, etc and talk. Visiting a Chinese site and seeing racist views still does not mean that majority of Chinese are racist.
Re: Do You Think Chinese Hate Black People? by oyinda3(f): 1:23am On Jul 30, 2009
chinese or asian ppl in general are some of the nicest and easiest ppl to befriend besides africans lol. they're very loyal in their friendship too. so ur sure they'll be there 4 u whenever, wherever lol so no. i don't think they hate black ppl maybe some racist older ones
and i now get what my asian friend told me about mixed black and asian kids growing up to look completely black. lol
Re: Do You Think Chinese Hate Black People? by Nobody: 1:30am On Jul 30, 2009
mixed black and asian kids growing up to look completely black

true grin

maybe they look so 'black' because some unmixed blacks with no Asian blood still have the features anyway.
Re: Do You Think Chinese Hate Black People? by oyinda3(f): 1:42am On Jul 30, 2009
i mean the skin color and hair lol in addition to facial features and all. can u imagine me and her were arguing over this for a while. lol turns out she was right afterall haha

(1) (2) (Reply)

ECOWAS Military Leaders To Discuss Niger Coup At Ghana Summit / Brazil: 400 Persons Arrested After Invasion By pro-Bolsonaro Supporters / The Last Testament Of Muammar Ghadaffi (last Speech On Tv)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.