Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,922 members, 7,821,233 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

China Hates Black People - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / China Hates Black People (13294 Views)

Donald Trump: God's Whip For Black People? / I Can Relate To Black People, My Ancestors Once Owned Slaves – Mitt Romney / Do You Think Chinese Hate Black People? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

China Hates Black People by Gamine(f): 10:09am On Jul 23, 2008
Very disturbing report.

Beijing, the home of the 2008 Olympics, appears to be a racist place.

A report claims that bar owners in the 'party' section of Beijing were asked by the government to refuse service to black patrons.

Bar owners near the Workers' Stadium in central Beijing say they have been forced by Public Security Bureau officials to sign pledges agreeing not to let black people enter their premises.

"Uniformed Public Security Bureau officers came into the bar recently and told me not to serve black people or Mongolians," said the co-owner of a western-style bar, who asked not to be named.
Re: China Hates Black People by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 23, 2008
Gamine,

I'll take this as a ploy to spread half-truths and divisive information. However, if you give the link to the news, I can make a balanced analysis and judgment.

Peace
Re: China Hates Black People by Pataki: 10:53am On Jul 23, 2008
Is there a link to this story?
Re: China Hates Black People by Gamine(f): 10:57am On Jul 23, 2008
Re: China Hates Black People by birdman(m): 10:58am On Jul 23, 2008
Here's a link

Authorities order bars not to serve black people

Beijing authorities are secretly planning to ban black people and others it considers social undesirables from entering the city's bars during the Olympic Games, a move that would contradict the official slogan, "One World, One Dream".

Bar owners near the Workers' Stadium in central Beijing say they have been forced by Public Security Bureau officials to sign pledges agreeing not to let black people enter their premises.

"Uniformed Public Security Bureau officers came into the bar recently and told me not to serve black people or Mongolians," said the co-owner of a western-style bar, who asked not to be named.

The local authorities have been cracking down on blacks and Mongolians in an attempt to stamp out drug dealing and prostitution ahead of the Games, the proprietors said.

A few months ago, police launched a violent sting on black men drinking in the Sanlitun bar district, and a notorious nightclub largely populated by Mongolian prostitutes was also shut down.

Security officials are targeting Sanlitun, which Olympic organisers expect to be a key destination for foreign tourists looking for a party during the Games.

The pledges that Sanlitun bar owners had been instructed to sign agreed to stop a variety of activities in their establishments, including dancing and serving customers with black skin, they said.

They have been allowed to keep copies of all the pledges except those relating to blacks, implying that the authorities are wary of charges of racism.

"I am appalled," said a black British national who works in Beijing. "I understand that the government is trying to stop certain illegal activities, but I don't think blanket discrimination is going about it the right way.

"Chinese people are prejudiced, but I would have hoped that the government would set a better example as it debuts on the world stage."

Calls to Dongcheng district and Chaoyang district public security bureaus, which oversee the bar districts, went unanswered.

The authorities' attempt to keep unwanted behaviour from damaging the squeaky-clean image of the Games is the latest example of heavy-handedness that critics say is killing the party spirit of the Olympics.

During the Athens Olympics four years ago, bars and nightclubs were allowed to stay open all night. But venues in Beijing that are not being shut down during the Games will have to close at 2am and maintain tight security.

"The officials told me to inform my customers that they must at all times carry their passports or ID cards," said one bar owner.

"Security is important, but Beijing is becoming a fortress, and that's not attractive."

Rumours that all bars within 2km of an Olympic venue will need to close remain unconfirmed, with many managers complaining that they still have not been told whether they will be allowed to open or not. Several bars have been raided in the past few weeks as local police step up a campaign of low-level intimidation, according to several witness accounts.

Bar and restaurant managers in Sanlitun have been instructed to remove tables from footpaths in a crude attempt to prevent fighting in the streets.

"The local police told us to get rid of the tables because they're scared that if too many foreigners congregate outside there could be trouble," said Song Xun , who runs a burrito joint in the area.

Local musicians say that a clampdown on live music risks stifling Beijing's thriving cultural scene and giving Olympic tourists the false impression that the city is artistically anaemic.

Several popular live music venues have been shut or instructed to stop all outdoor shows, and club owners complain they have got used to strange new guests nursing a beer for hours and suspiciously observing everything around them.

"The whole music scene is angry and bewildered. It is impossible to understand how keeping tourists from seeing an open, culturally vibrant and diverse Beijing is possibly a good thing for anyone," said one well-known figure in the local music industry.

David Mitchell, a Beijing-based jazz musician, said it had become increasingly difficult for his band to find anywhere to play.

"It appears the local government is trying to control every aspect of the experience that foreigners get when they come here," he said.

"Everything is aimed at creating stability, but they don't understand that is precisely the unfounded prejudice that foreigners have of Chinese society - that it is a highly controlled and not a very cultural place. It seems completely self-defeating."

Additional reporting by Peter Simpson
Re: China Hates Black People by landis(m): 11:02am On Jul 23, 2008
This is when we should be pro-active:

AIT or NTA should send undercover blacks to such places and get first hand info.

this would also be used against them, if true, in all their drive for 'africas energy'

2 Likes

Re: China Hates Black People by BangBang2(m): 11:02am On Jul 23, 2008
my landlord is chinese

my cleaner is chinese

i ate chinese last nite

and i am fucking a chinese girl tonite!! grin
Re: China Hates Black People by birdman(m): 11:03am On Jul 23, 2008
Paging Ijiji, tongue
Re: China Hates Black People by Akolawole(m): 11:04am On Jul 23, 2008
That will be bad for olympic spirit.

I have two pals married to Chinese and its sad to note that even with children those my pals are STILL not accepted into the family. Too bad!
Re: China Hates Black People by Gamine(f): 11:07am On Jul 23, 2008
Where is this man and his balanced Analysis
Re: China Hates Black People by Richguys: 11:11am On Jul 23, 2008
let them go to hell

if they refuse black come back home and create our own Olympic, send all Chinese out of Africa, refuse association with china and switch to japan, by the time our government stop all made in china from coming to Nigeria alone they will know black is important to their economy.
Re: China Hates Black People by lucabrasi(m): 11:12am On Jul 23, 2008
@topic
on one hand i expect the au to make a categorical statement on this,and on another hand the british government and its allies and our own naija government considering how much they make off nigerians, im very sure countries will start condemning them anyway because they have always had a black cloud over them on account of their human rights record,pollution,the problem with doping amongst their own athletes with some of them just banned recently, personally i think the cina olympics will fail woefully because they have too many things going against them,ill be suprised if there are no boycotts after this
Re: China Hates Black People by Nobody: 11:17am On Jul 23, 2008
@ Gamine, I did not say false news, I said
I'll take this as a ploy to spread half-truths and divisive information

As far as I'm concerned, this news is the handiwork of western imperialists to discredit China and drag her into the embers of rascism they have fanned for centuries.

This news is the next step in the battle for the soul of Africa, mark my words. China continues to be a threat to the sustainability of the prosperity of these western nations and they will do anything to stop her.

The amount of afro-asian trade has multiplied several fold over the past decade and if you understand politics at the international level, you can tell where the smoke emanates, International politics stinks! stay clear
Re: China Hates Black People by Gamine(f): 11:20am On Jul 23, 2008
Sorry i didnt quote you directly. undecided

Why must everything be a ploy by the west.

So the Chinese are not capable of hate?
Re: China Hates Black People by landis(m): 11:21am On Jul 23, 2008
Babalaw0:

This news is the next step in the battle for the soul of Africa, mark my words. China continues to be a threat to the sustainability of the prosperity of these western nations and they will do anything to stop her.

The amount of afro-asian trade has multiplied several fold over the past decade and if you understand politics at the international level, you can tell where the smoke emanates, International politics stinks! stay clear

This is when we should be pro-active:

AIT or NTA should send undercover blacks to such places and get first hand info.
Re: China Hates Black People by Mpele(m): 11:25am On Jul 23, 2008
This foolish. Why don't we boycott the olympics. But I' mean really now, what the hell are these Chinese thinking, do they think that they are better than black people. If blacks boycott these games, the  olympics will be finished. Just think about those fast American athletes, long distance Kenyan athletes, being abscent from the games.

I think that its high time we consider not taking part in some of these meaningless games that are always discriminatory. This is funny, just recently South African Chinese wanted to be classified as blacks.
Re: China Hates Black People by Nobody: 11:25am On Jul 23, 2008
Let me ask you who is hating, chinese people or chinese government??
Re: China Hates Black People by Gamine(f): 11:27am On Jul 23, 2008
Arent people in the Chinese Government, CHINESE! undecided
Re: China Hates Black People by mojojojo26(m): 11:34am On Jul 23, 2008
They are fools, complete and utter fools, this is outrageous
Re: China Hates Black People by Nobody: 11:34am On Jul 23, 2008
There you go!

China runs a Communist government. A communist government is domineering and will take total control of your life (in lay man's language). If you have met many Chinese, you will agree with me that they come across as patient, controlled  and sometimes feel insecure and inferior.  These are products of a communist government. Basis of my question.

I put it to you again, who is hating? Chinese people or government??
Re: China Hates Black People by Gamine(f): 11:37am On Jul 23, 2008
Chinese people.
Re: China Hates Black People by Richguys: 11:37am On Jul 23, 2008
let 4get about all this people and create own things African Olympics is not a bad idea
Re: China Hates Black People by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 23, 2008
@ Gamine

No more comments  bet u've not met many chinese people
Re: China Hates Black People by iice(f): 11:39am On Jul 23, 2008
Hmmmm! nothing new. But not all Chinese hate black people.
Re: China Hates Black People by Gamine(f): 11:42am On Jul 23, 2008
All the Chinese people i know havent shown a sign of hatred to me.

But the people hating are still Chinese anyways.

Babalaw, you cant defend that.

because they hosted Miss world, they had to win

Now we cant have Olympics in peace, im sure they want to win all the track events.
Re: China Hates Black People by Nobody: 11:43am On Jul 23, 2008
It's not news that Chinese are very very racist. This story may be a western ploy to make China lose face in Africa, but behind every rumor, there is an element of truth. I have worked closely with Chinese and I have no iota of respect for them because of the impression they have about blacks and the fact that they don't see it as being racist but being careful! The earlier we kick china's ass out of naija market the better for everyone. cool
Re: China Hates Black People by Gamine(f): 11:46am On Jul 23, 2008
@Candy, i saw you asked for the meaning of my sig

Corgito ergo tum.

i think therefore YOU ARE.
Re: China Hates Black People by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 23, 2008
Gamine:

Corgito ergo tum.

i think therefore YOU ARE.

Re: China Hates Black People by Pataki: 12:35pm On Jul 23, 2008
The few Chinese friends I have, are always over-excited whenever I tell them I intend to visit China. They are always delighted to teach me a bit of their language, which I can relatively speak, but I cannot write.

Babalaw0 is relatively correct about how the Chinese feel a bit unsecured and inferior, judging from my relating with them though.

Personally, I do not see any reason why there should be any seed of animosity arising from the Chinese towards black people. undecided
Re: China Hates Black People by doyin13(m): 1:00pm On Jul 23, 2008
This puts the rush for our resources by these Oriental midgets, and the slave like submission of our leaders to Beijing
in perspective.

It is just scary that these people might soon come to be the most dominant force in the world and we might come to view the Occidental domination fo the last century in a more positive light.
Re: China Hates Black People by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jul 23, 2008
Pataki:

I do not see any reason why there should be any seed of animosity arising from the Chinese towards black people. undecided

Most Asians actually have this impression that black skin is a bad thing. Infact, they look down on their own people with darker skin colors and they see them as sufferheads and unfortunate people. The darker your skin color is as an Asian(especially Thais, Chinese, Malays, Indians), the slimmer your chances of getting a good wife/husband, job etc.! So, you should not be surprised that they feel this way towards a race that is predominantly black! Infact, Asians use more bleaching cream than Africans. . . they hate black color.

However, some of them are really nice and open minded and I must say I've met quite a lot of them, especially those selling goods to Africans and those outside China. I think they are good if you meet them on a neutral ground. I've not experienced their racism first-hand, but I have friends who have and the ones in my office always have one stupid question or the other to ask about Africa and Africans.
Re: China Hates Black People by BluMalam(m): 1:21pm On Jul 23, 2008
Did i hear someone say "ban made in china" goods?

AND

candy:

The earlier we kick china's ass out of naija market the better for everyone. cool

LMAO! C'mon, get real.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Woman Sued Police For Shooting Her Dog 15 Times / Soldiers Didn't Burn BRT Buses In Lagos - Nigerian Army / US To Withdraw From Niger As Security Pact Fails In Strategic Victory For Russia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.