Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,663 members, 7,820,328 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

Mention Nigerian Songs That Deserves Grammy Nomination. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Mention Nigerian Songs That Deserves Grammy Nomination. (2179 Views)

Tag That Nairalander That Deserves This / Mr. NAIRALAND Contest 2016 - Nomination & Verification Thread / Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Nomination & Verification Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mention Nigerian Songs That Deserves Grammy Nomination. by Emodeee: 3:32pm On Jan 16, 2016
There are some nigerian songs that deserves grammy nomination but i don't just know why they are yet to be nominated.

I know we have noise makers in the music industry but it doesn't change the fact that we have sane musicians in the music industry. Artiste whose songs will make you elated just by listening to their well integrated lyrics that is accompanied with a nice beat.

In my opinion, nigerian songs that deserves grammy nomination are:-

1. inside of you by darey featuring asa:- this song is dope. When two ace artistes CUMs together, you should expect a bomb.
Something that will blow you away.

2. Pray for me by darey: he is not the everyday nigerian musician, he is distinct. He doesn't release album errday like every other artiste bt when he RELEASES an album, expect something laudable.

3. Wish me well by timi dakolo:- this artiste is WOW. Have ever heard him sing live? I have, you will know it's not the studio that is enhancing his voice.
Wish me well is a beautiful song by timi dakolo and it think it deserves a grammy nomination.

Share yours.
Re: Mention Nigerian Songs That Deserves Grammy Nomination. by RexKexMilann: 3:35pm On Jan 16, 2016
Just 2!undecided.

1.Ube Nwanne --- Bright Chimezieundecided.

2.Make am --- Patorankingundecided.

3 Likes

Re: Mention Nigerian Songs That Deserves Grammy Nomination. by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jan 16, 2016
Andy Blaze-Wida na
Re: Mention Nigerian Songs That Deserves Grammy Nomination. by falconey(m): 3:37pm On Jan 16, 2016
Wizkid - ojuelegba
Re: Mention Nigerian Songs That Deserves Grammy Nomination. by benedictnsi(m): 3:39pm On Jan 16, 2016
falconey:
G

I hope you are not thinking about terry G
Re: Mention Nigerian Songs That Deserves Grammy Nomination. by SINNZ(m): 3:42pm On Jan 16, 2016
Stereoman -Sample (Ekwe)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mention Nigerian Songs That Deserves Grammy Nomination. by Emodeee: 3:45pm On Jan 16, 2016
U guys should be serious na.
Re: Mention Nigerian Songs That Deserves Grammy Nomination. by obiorathesubtle: 3:48pm On Jan 16, 2016
Lagbaja-kombilo kom kom bilo
Or daddy showkey-hossana
Re: Mention Nigerian Songs That Deserves Grammy Nomination. by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jan 16, 2016
Emodeee:
U guys should be serious na.
Lil kesh -: Efejoku cheesy
Re: Mention Nigerian Songs That Deserves Grammy Nomination. by tubouncen(m): 3:52pm On Jan 16, 2016
Darey: not the girl. Pray for me
Asa: bibanke
Timi dakolo: iyawo mi, wish me well
Cobhams: ordinary people
Re: Mention Nigerian Songs That Deserves Grammy Nomination. by Rockyrascal(m): 3:59pm On Jan 16, 2016
Emodeee:
There are some nigerian songs that deserves grammy nomination but i don't just know why they are yet to be nominated.

I know we have noise makers in the music industry but it doesn't change the fact that we have sane musicians in the music industry. Artiste whose songs will make you elated just by listening to their well integrated lyrics that is accompanied with a nice beat.

1. inside of you by darey featuring asa:- this song is dope. When two ace artistes CUMs together, you should expect a bomb.

2. Pray for me by darey: he is not the everyday nigerian musician, he is distinct. He doesn't release album errday like every other artiste bt when he RELEASES an album, expect something laudable.

3. Wish me well by timi dakolo:- this artiste is WOW. Have ever heard him sing live? I have, you will know it's not the studio that is enhancing his voice.
Wish me well is a beautiful song by timi dakolo and it think it deserves a grammy nomination.

Share yours.
simi jamb question
Re: Mention Nigerian Songs That Deserves Grammy Nomination. by IamLEGEND1: 4:00pm On Jan 16, 2016
Flavour- Ashàwo
Polaino- Qualified doctor

3 Likes

Re: Mention Nigerian Songs That Deserves Grammy Nomination. by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jan 16, 2016
Emodeee:

Share yours.
phyno_obago angry
olamide_eyan mayweather
Phyno ft olamide_ ghost mode
Remininse_skilashi grin
Re: Mention Nigerian Songs That Deserves Grammy Nomination. by Emodeee: 4:03pm On Jan 16, 2016
Lalasticlala food don land.
Re: Mention Nigerian Songs That Deserves Grammy Nomination. by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jan 16, 2016
IamLEGEND1:
Flavour- Ashàwo

LMAO
Re: Mention Nigerian Songs That Deserves Grammy Nomination. by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jan 16, 2016
IamLEGEND1:
Flavour- Ashàwo

angry grin
Re: Mention Nigerian Songs That Deserves Grammy Nomination. by Pheals(f): 4:35pm On Jan 16, 2016
Asa- be my man

ASA - eyo
Re: Mention Nigerian Songs That Deserves Grammy Nomination. by MrCork: 4:37pm On Jan 16, 2016
Emodeee:

Share yours.

...Nigerian song?... grammmy?...bro you tink they spek pigeon English at Grammy?..are they gooono hire google trannslate?...YOU HOMEBASE PEOPLE MENNNN!! (No ofeense) undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mention Nigerian Songs That Deserves Grammy Nomination. by Michellla(f): 6:00pm On Jan 16, 2016
SINNZ:
Stereoman -Sample (Ekwe)
loool grin

1 Like

Re: Mention Nigerian Songs That Deserves Grammy Nomination. by Michellla(f): 6:03pm On Jan 16, 2016
Simi ft falz_Jamb Question.
DareArt_Not the girl

they both got strong vocals.

1 Like

Re: Mention Nigerian Songs That Deserves Grammy Nomination. by Lordprez: 6:12pm On Jan 16, 2016
Shouldn't this be in the music section? undecided

Anyway all lil kesh songs re dope buh lemme add...

Karishika-Flaz, M.I

Telemudo- some guy and M.I

BTW... Anyone knows the name of the song, where the musician kept shouting something like "Ewojijonni o"... I think olamide was featured?
Re: Mention Nigerian Songs That Deserves Grammy Nomination. by mablie(m): 6:22pm On Jan 16, 2016
Emodeee:

No ngrian song deserves a grammy.It is just a pipe dream for ngrian artistes.First of all,what genre can you categorize nigerian popular music?The only category available for foreigners in the grammy is "world music" and in "world music," you need to have music instruments in your music.How many ngrian pop musicians play their own instruments?Secondly,what international music company has signed any ngrian musician?I'm talking about sony music US,columbia records US,universal US etc not the ones in south africa.As long as ngrian musicans can feed themselves and their families,who cares if they win a grammy?They should all be content in being local champions

1 Like

Re: Mention Nigerian Songs That Deserves Grammy Nomination. by Emodeee: 7:08pm On Jan 16, 2016
Lalasticlala
Re: Mention Nigerian Songs That Deserves Grammy Nomination. by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jan 16, 2016
RexKexMilann:
Just 2!undecided.

1.Ube Nwanne --- Bright Chimezieundecided.

2.Make am --- Patorankingundecided.

Wow Ube Nwanne by bright chimezie is my best song cheesy
Re: Mention Nigerian Songs That Deserves Grammy Nomination. by RexKexMilann: 7:14pm On Jan 16, 2016
petkruz:

Wow Ube Nwanne by bright chimezie is my best song cheesy
shocked. Are you kidding me? So you are ibo then?

I'm currently listening to itcheesy.
Re: Mention Nigerian Songs That Deserves Grammy Nomination. by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jan 16, 2016
Duro-Tekno
Okamfo-iyanya
Shoki- Orezi's version.
Re: Mention Nigerian Songs That Deserves Grammy Nomination. by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jan 16, 2016
mablie:
No ngrian song deserves a grammy.It is just a pipe dream for ngrian artistes.First of all,what genre can you categorize nigerian popular music?The only category available for foreigners in the grammy is "world music" and in "world music," you need to have music instruments in your music.How many ngrian pop musicians play their own instruments?Secondly,what international music company has signed any ngrian musician?I'm talking about sony music US,columbia records US,universal US etc not the ones in south africa.As long as ngrian musicans can feed themselves and their families,who cares if they win a grammy?They should all be content in being local champions
I think darey plays piano in his songs.
Re: Mention Nigerian Songs That Deserves Grammy Nomination. by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jan 16, 2016
RexKexMilann:
shocked. Are you kidding me? So you are ibo then?

I'm currently listening to itcheesy.

No o, i'm Edo but my dad had lots of bright chimezie's songs,i grew up listening to them. I play his songs everyday especially this one and African style.

Police eh,police eh, policeeee
He's committing suicide oh
The black man wey dey here
Is committing suicide ohhh

Taranrantaran tantaran taran taran ran cheesy grin
Re: Mention Nigerian Songs That Deserves Grammy Nomination. by RexKexMilann: 7:28pm On Jan 16, 2016
petkruz:

No o, i'm Edo but my dad had lots of bright chimezie's songs,i grew up listening to them. I play his songs everyday especially this one and African style.

Police eh,police eh, policeeee
He's committing suicide oh
The black man wey dey here
Is committing suicide ohhh

Taranrantaran tantaran taran taran ran cheesy grin
lmfao.. Yea, I just remebered "police".

So how do you decipher his words when he sings in ibo?

@ The bolded:What happened? He discarded them?undecided
Re: Mention Nigerian Songs That Deserves Grammy Nomination. by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jan 16, 2016
RexKexMilann:
lmfao.. Yea, I just remebered "police".

So how do you decipher his words when he sings in ibo?

@ The bolded:What happened? He discarded them?undecided

I try to master the igbo, even if i'm singing rubbish lol. I don't know why he stopped though,think when his "big sterio" radio got spoilt he lost interest.
Re: Mention Nigerian Songs That Deserves Grammy Nomination. by shizzy7(f): 7:48pm On Jan 16, 2016
Jeremiah Gyang ft ASA - Take me higher/comforters song.

1 Like

Re: Mention Nigerian Songs That Deserves Grammy Nomination. by RexKexMilann: 7:48pm On Jan 16, 2016
petkruz:

I try to master the igbo, even if i'm singing rubbish lol. I don't know why he stopped though,think when his "big sterio" radio got spoilt he lost interest.
lol.. It's not really difficult to master ibo, It's easy.

Lol @His "Big Stereo". Get him an mp3 player with all of bright chimezie's track in it on his next birthday. He will be so gladcheesy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I'm A Sex Worker And Here Are The Biggest Misconceptions About Me / Happy Birthday Prettythicksme / Do Women Really Get Married To Someone They Love ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.