Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,974 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

Do Women Really Get Married To Someone They Love ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Women Really Get Married To Someone They Love ? (2175 Views)

7 Things Ladies Do That Shows They Love You. / Why Do Women Carry Men's Names To Different Pastors To Investigate? / What I've Learnt Abt Gals Who Claim They Love Big Cassava (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Women Really Get Married To Someone They Love ? by Peacefullove: 2:51pm On May 08, 2017
This post is not meant to Ridicule women, Its just an observation

Yes its true some women get married to a man they Love with all their Heart , But a look at reality ... does this African Culture permit women to really settle down with the person they truly love ?

to illustrate my point :

Once a man set their eyes on a Lady they really Love, He will do anything to get her and once she accepted the proposal ... its always a dream come true for such a man.

But I observed that among the Ladies, the reverse is the case, there are cases of Women Crushing on a guy , Even sleeping with his picture by their side BUT they can't approach him and tell him their mind , even though they are dying for him from within . at worst, since they didn't tell him their mind, He moved on with another girl , How would such a lady feel ? if she eventually Marries, Can we conclude she married the man She really loves ? .

am just curious regarding why men go for what they want, but women are not allowed to do so ... if they do at times with some courage , only for some guys with that backward African mindset to label her as Cheap . as if she is a LovePeddler .

So My question is : Do Women Really Marry the Man they Really Love ?

# all opinons are welcomed

2 Likes

Re: Do Women Really Get Married To Someone They Love ? by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:58pm On May 08, 2017
Your 1st error is to believe that all women are the same (aka shy reserved etc). they are all different and in their own ways. The majority of women marry for love, the man of their dreams/desires.

Sadly, in Africa there is a stigma that comes with being unmarried so, many women are desperately getting married to the 1st donkey that comes their way, in order to be labeled "happily married", even if deep down they are miserable. This is why, whether marrying a prince or a wife beating demon, every single women will congratulate another woman getting married and envy her.

So don't mix women and WOMEN....

6 Likes

Re: Do Women Really Get Married To Someone They Love ? by RoyalBlak007: 2:59pm On May 08, 2017
♤Put it this way

♤"Ladies get married to that Guy that enthralls them"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Women Really Get Married To Someone They Love ? by Nobody: 3:04pm On May 08, 2017
grin

See...this where Africans & Asians meet grin ;

If any lady will express her feelings to the man she really likes, ppol tend to judge her & call her cheap or worse a wh0re undecided undecided

We have this kind of mindset tat men shud do the first move always...

And regarding to ur kweshun OP, not necessarily a lady will marry a man coz she loves him..too many factors why a lady will marry a guy like pressure from her parents, pressure from her peers, she's scared to be alone etc etc...

4 Likes

Re: Do Women Really Get Married To Someone They Love ? by Cholls(m): 3:09pm On May 08, 2017
my brother from my little time on this earth I have come to discover women for the most part do not love us(men). They
do not choose a man because they love him,
but
because it pleases them to be loved by him.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Women Really Get Married To Someone They Love ? by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:12pm On May 08, 2017
Cholls:
my brother from my little time on this earth I have come to discover women for the most part do not love us(men). They
but

Bro, that's true, but will you therefore go for a gal you desire most, or one that desires YOU most?
Re: Do Women Really Get Married To Someone They Love ? by Cholls(m): 3:52pm On May 08, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

Bro, that's true, but will you therefore go for a gal you desire most, or one that desires YOU most?
my brother a man has to love the woman he desires first...men really need to be prayerful cuz choosing a wife according to an old English
proverb, "One should choose a wife with the ears
rather than with the eyes," for "A man's best
fortune, or his worst, is his wife;"

the taking of a wife
has been regarded as a hazardous blessing.

5 Likes

Re: Do Women Really Get Married To Someone They Love ? by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:40pm On May 08, 2017
Cholls:
my brother a man has to love the woman he desires first...men really need to be prayerful cuz choosing a wife according to an old English
proverb, "One should choose a wife with the ears
rather than with the eyes," for "A man's best
fortune, or his worst, is his wife;"

the taking of a wife
has been regarded as a hazardous blessing.

Well said.
Re: Do Women Really Get Married To Someone They Love ? by Rukkydelta(f): 9:03pm On May 08, 2017
Cholls:
but
I just can't disagree with this
Re: Do Women Really Get Married To Someone They Love ? by Peacefullove: 6:26pm On Jun 28, 2017
Rukkydelta:

I just can't disagree with this

But can we deny there are cases where a Woman choose a man because she Loves him ?
Re: Do Women Really Get Married To Someone They Love ? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jun 28, 2017
Women have subtle ways of orchestrating opportunity, and using the tools that men usually cannot resist. The damsel in distress archetype, for instance is a woman's move. One amongst many that would end up seeming like the man made the first move. If the guy doesn't respond to her moves, she'll know she's tried.
Re: Do Women Really Get Married To Someone They Love ? by Rukkydelta(f): 7:07pm On Jun 28, 2017
Peacefullove:

But can we deny there are cases where a Woman choose a man because she Loves him ?
No
But in most cases a man is the first to fall in love with time the woman will have to reciprocate
Re: Do Women Really Get Married To Someone They Love ? by Peacefullove: 2:50pm On Jan 11, 2018
Rukkydelta:

No
But in most cases a man is the first to fall in love with time the woman will have to reciprocate

" With time " Hmmm .

Nice comment anyway
Re: Do Women Really Get Married To Someone They Love ? by donstan18: 2:52pm On Jan 11, 2018
This "Truly love" of a sh*t is a total bullshit and garbage to me.

If we can be truthful to ourselves, it's a no no thing in the existence of 95% marriages now in Africa

What do I mean?

Most men don't marry who they truly love, they marry any loyal and submissive lady when they want to settle down, with or without love, why did I feel so?, because I see no reason why a man will start beating a woman who he claimed to love.

While most women marry because of pressure, because of age and because of MONEY to elevate them quickly from poverty.

2 Likes

Re: Do Women Really Get Married To Someone They Love ? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 11, 2018
Some women get married for marrying sake.
Re: Do Women Really Get Married To Someone They Love ? by stillseth: 3:41pm On Jan 11, 2018
when women reach 30, she forgets about settling down with someone she loves...instead she settles for who she can endure ....due to family and peers pressure.

1 Like

Re: Do Women Really Get Married To Someone They Love ? by LivinaPatrick(f): 3:47pm On Jan 11, 2018
Yes,I married the man i wholeheartedly love

1 Like

Re: Do Women Really Get Married To Someone They Love ? by harry2sexy(m): 3:56pm On Jan 11, 2018
Cholls:
but
deep
Re: Do Women Really Get Married To Someone They Love ? by churchee: 10:20pm On Jan 11, 2018
tongue
LivinaPatrick:
grin
LivinaPatrick:

But you told me you're still a small girl
Re: Do Women Really Get Married To Someone They Love ? by LivinaPatrick(f): 10:27pm On Jan 11, 2018
churchee:
tongue grin

But you told me you're still a small girl
in your dream I guess grin
Re: Do Women Really Get Married To Someone They Love ? by churchee: 10:34pm On Jan 11, 2018
LivinaPatrick:
in your dream I guess grin
Never mind, but I know I was sober when you told me.
Re: Do Women Really Get Married To Someone They Love ? by Peacefullove: 6:17pm On May 10, 2018
Re: Do Women Really Get Married To Someone They Love ? by Curvinus(m): 6:46pm On May 10, 2018
That women aren't approaching you doesn't mean they don't approach other guys that they fancy. Take note. Women approach guys all the time; at workplace, in the taxi/buses, neighborhood, facebook, twitter, gram, the list goes on. But the avalanche of men at their disposal mean they are extremely picky about who they approach. But they approach men nonetheless if they feel he ticks all their boxes.

1 Like

Re: Do Women Really Get Married To Someone They Love ? by Nobody: 6:50pm On May 10, 2018
Who love hepp undecided

Smart women marry the right man...
Re: Do Women Really Get Married To Someone They Love ? by SoapQueen(f): 6:58pm On May 10, 2018
LivingFree:
Who love hepp undecided

Nothing like being "smart" in marriage from what I have seen. I will marry for love, I hope he does same too.
Re: Do Women Really Get Married To Someone They Love ? by Nobody: 7:00pm On May 10, 2018
SoapQueen:

Nothing like being "smart" in marriage from what I have seen. I will marry for love, I hope he does same too.

Who's stopping you undecided
Re: Do Women Really Get Married To Someone They Love ? by kazyhm(m): 7:03pm On May 10, 2018
stillseth:
when women reach 30, she forgets about settling down with someone she loves...instead she settles for who she can endure ....due to family and peers pressure.

LOL this line is very funny. what has she been doing all through her 20s ?

this topic is very complex. it cant be explain just in a sentence............
men wanna marry for LOVE
Women wanna marry for feelings......
Re: Do Women Really Get Married To Someone They Love ? by Oreofepeters: 7:09pm On May 10, 2018
LivingFree:
Who love hepp undecided
are you not contradicting yourself?
Who love epp," "smart women marry the right man"(no love involved).
comment like this give me reason to believe, love is long - gone
Re: Do Women Really Get Married To Someone They Love ? by SirToothBrush: 7:35pm On May 10, 2018
Good
Re: Do Women Really Get Married To Someone They Love ? by Nobody: 7:45pm On May 10, 2018
Oreofepeters:

are you not contradicting yourself?

Who love epp,"
"smart women marry the right man"(no love involved).

comment like this give me reason to believe, love is long - gone

Believe what you want undecided

(1) (Reply)

Mtn Cheat 2018, How To Activate Free 10GB Data Bonus On Your MTN Sim / Some Girls shaa. (Pics Added) / Should I Give It A Try

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.